• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I will never understand the Ghirahim vs Vaati arguments that I see all the time.
But...

I will think of this every time I see one. :laugh:

I like both. And will support both, now that Midna and Skull Kid are gone, they're my top Zelda picks.
I was being facetious, Midna.

But Vaati is very cool. But I would prefer this Vaati.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I will never understand the Ghirahim vs Vaati arguments that I see all the time.
But...

I will think of this every time I see one. :laugh:

I like both. And will support both, now that Midna and Skull Kid are gone, they're my top Zelda picks.
Well, it's mostly just me and Kenith, so I wouldn't think you'd see it all the time.Unless I secretly had someone defend him for me while I'm gone.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, it's mostly just me and Kenith, so I wouldn't think you'd see it all the time.Unless I secretly had someone defend him for me while I'm gone.
I'll defend him. When people ask me why I don't support Ghirahim instead, I'll say "Why not support both?"

That's sounds far-fetched, though. I don't think many of you would understand.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If the Zelda franchise would get another villain, it would probably be the classic Ganon anyway. Hey if we can have two separate Link's and Zelda's thne we might as well Ganon too while whe're at it.......... :x

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have no time for Tetras or Vaatis or Ghirahims when there's a Ganondorf in desperate need of a moveset that isn't a knock-off of a knock-off of the prototype. :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ganondorf's entrance could be this:

Either Ghirahim or Vaatis or Tetra appears. Hands explode from their stomach and rip them in half, revealing Ganondorf drenched in their blood.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No offense, but that is a bold claim.
You can hold me to it if you'd like. I don't think we're going to get any Zelda newcomer this time. Maybe Tingle, but probably not.

Yep, and that's what we would have all said about Rosalina and Greninja before they were revealed. :awesome:
They were also right when they said that about hundreds of other characters. That ratio doesn't look to phenomenal; I'll take my chances. ;)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You can hold me to it if you'd like. I don't think we're going to get any Zelda newcomer this time. Maybe Tingle, but probably not.
But we still need to include the most heavily requested newcomer world-wide and a total shoo-in due to being planned for Brawl-

Everyone looooooves her! Love her!:troll:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Eh, I think Tingle's likeliness is really overrated
+ Japan likes him
+ Only Zelda character with own sub-series
+ Several appearances in main Zelda titles
+ Not a victim of the AT massacre
+ Did make a recent appearance, even if in a remake

- Rest of the world really doesn't like him (but Japan is Japan - and when a character gets in Smash, they will find a fanbase, even Tingle)

To be clear, I don't particularly want him, but uh... he definitely has enough in his favour...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Eh, I think Tingle's likeliness is really overrated
I think most newcomers we think of as likely are. There are some serious cults of personality going on as far as character support groups go. I highly doubt characters like Geno or Krystal (no offense to their supporters) would have as many backers based solely on the merit of what they did in their games.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
If by "other villains" you mean the likes of K. Rool and Ridley then yeah sure. :)
There's still others I'd think, but those two are the first in line for sure; especially K. Rool.

+ Japan likes him

- Rest of the world really doesn't like him (but Japan is Japan - and when a character gets in Smash, they will find a fanbase, even Tingle)

To be clear, I don't particularly want him, but uh... he definitely has enough in his favour...
Pretty much what N3on said. I plan on playing one of his game's soon; I've actually heard they're good.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's Tingle or no Zelda newcomer methinks, and I really think we will get a Zelda newcomer. I don't see Toon Zelda being included, because she's such a poor choice compared to all the other choices (Vaati, Ghirahim, ect) and I don't see any of the one time / small villains making it in. This leaves us with Tingle, a character who's been expanded on more than Zelda or Ganondorf even have been. He's got a remake and two games under his belt. He's the most fleshed out, and his only true competition is clone material. Because of these two things, I think he is the most likely if we do get a Zelda newcomer. Also, we've yet to see his AT revealed, and have seen two Zelda characters as ATs already.

Just somethin to think about

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think the smash fanbase is divided in regards to Zelda Newcomers more than anything even fire emblem

I mean, we have

Ghirahim,
Vaati
Tetra
Tingle and
Beast Ganon.

that's more than enough to wag a finger at.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
+ Japan likes him

I know Japan likes him, but I've heard that they aren't quite so optimistic with him being playable in Smash, however I could be completely wrong about this.

As for him being the only Zelda character with a sub-series, wouldn't that just count for him being a spin-off character like Yoshi and Wario?

As for the Assist Trophy Massacre, I think that Majora not using the moon as part of his attack and the return of Melee stages could mean that Termina Bay will return.

As for the remake, I'll let that pass, since I use it for Vaati all the time.

Also, doesn't Zelda not sell quite so well in Japan, but better in the rest of the world? Wouldn't it make more since to add a character the West doesn't dislike?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I feel like the only Zelda characters we should be looking at are Tingle, TZelda, Tetra, and I SUPPOSE Ghirahim

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I also forgot

Happy Mask Salesman
Ravio
Classic Link

and last but not least

the King of Hyrule

....what was your point exactly?
That if you were gonna put Ghirahim and Vaati, you might as well put some of the left-field shots.

Ravio would actually be hilarious; at least as an at plz.

You actually forgot CDI-Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom