• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I still think getting a Wonder Red AT is a possibility, but anything more for W101 seems like a bit of a stretch.

WR really is a prime AT candidate imo.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I'm thinking that we should have Ghirahim. In fact, with the evidence from the Nintendo announcement for their E3 tournament and appearance having Ghirahim's theme, it's nearly guaranteed he would be in.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm thinking that we should have Ghirahim. In fact, with the evidence from the Nintendo announcement for their E3 tournament and appearance having Ghirahim's theme, it's nearly guaranteed he would be in.
It's not really any kind of guarantee, more like an interesting theory that ties back to the direct four trophy theory in some ways.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Not every character who has a Support Thread will be playable. So seeing Dillon as an AT is a step forward for the franchise instead of being looked as a "deconfirmed" character.
What I'm saying is that it's good news for Dillon fans. AT is better than just a regular trophy.

Characters like Ridley, Mewtwo or Shulk not being playable is a whole different story IMO.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't see why they would have Ghirahim's music in there in the reveal just for the lolz.
Maybe Mega64 knows more than we think we do. But that's just a stretch.
They had Ridley and Ashley's themes on the Brawl DOJO and that didn't amount to playability either.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Although looking at the image of Sonic and Dillon again, I could use it for the argument "Dillon will be a clone" as a counterargument, pointing out the differences between the two.

Very useful for the future I'll say.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Although looking at the image of Sonic and Dillon again, I could use it for the argument "Dillon will be a clone" as a counterargument, pointing out the differences between the two.

Very useful for the future I'll say.
Oh yes, in Smash 5. :p

From looking at it, Dillon looks much more powerful, and defensive than Sonic. While yes, they are animals that roll into a ball to travel, they're night and day. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dillon's reveal reminds me...I hope that the non-playable characters get new renders for this game. So far, we've only seen renders for playable characters, since they're the only ones getting their own pages on the website, but hopefully the others get theirs released to the press later on as well.
Just imagine an Iduun (Zangeki no Regenleiv) trophy. *drools*

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wish I would have pestered Sakurai on twitter more

D

Deleted member

So I've checked what those Chorus Kids are, I did a research and found an extract of the mini-game in which they appear :

HOLY PALUTENA.

SUCH POTENTIAL.

Seriously though, if their gameplay is well found, I wouldn't mind their addition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh goody here we go again...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll be interested to see those Chorus kids if they do actually show up as playable characters. :)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I always say, you never know how much you want a character until they are disconfirmed.
It happened to me with Ashley and it's happened once again with Dillon.
I never really thought either of them had too much potential, but then I really looked into the characters, or saw their new model, and fell in love with the idea.
Definitely two characters worth supporting next time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ravio would just have a bow, boomerang, a sword spin attack, and bombs with an upside-down Triforce Slash FS. :troll:
No one kid themselves otherwise. :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
*Goes to talk to Louie G and ignores this current Toon Link butthurt blabber because it has more or less turned into the next Fire Emblem discussion*
I always say, you never know how much you want a character until they are disconfirmed.
It happened to me with Ashley and it's happened once again with Dillon.
I never really thought either of them had too much potential, but then I really looked into the characters, or saw their new model, and fell in love with the idea.
Definitely two characters worth supporting next time.
Yeah I guess I see where you are coming from, there have been quite a few disconfirmations that would have made me want to see them as playables too, especially after seeing them in action but oh well. Guess seeing them as Assist Trophies is still better than just having them sit back as regular trophies I guess. :/

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So I've checked what those Chorus Kids are, I did a research and found an extract of the mini-game in which they appear :

HOLY PALUTENA.

SUCH POTENTIAL.

Seriously though, if their gameplay is well found, I wouldn't mind their addition.
Not gonna lie, I found this catchy and funny at the same time.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

HOLY PALUTENA.

SUCH POTENTIAL.

I prefer Marshal.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I believe this is as far-fetched as the trophy quiz theory, meaning it's extremely far fetched and it probably doesn't mean anything.

Looking at this, it reminds me of how much a step up SSB4 will be from Brawl. The graphics look horrible compared to SSB4. I'm really glad to see the franchise take such a large step up, especially when from Melee to Brawl didn't really change much in how the game looked.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I believe this is as far-fetched as the trophy quiz theory, meaning it's extremely far fetched and it probably doesn't mean anything.
I also think so, but on the off chance Ghirahim is confirmed at E3, we'll all probably retroactively think it was a sign.

Kinda like Rosalina and Super Mario 3D World, or every leak ever.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I also think so, but on the off chance Ghirahim is confirmed at E3, we'll all probably retroactively think it was a sign.

Kinda like Rosalina and Super Mario 3D World, or every leak ever.
At least 3D World actually helped Rosalina out some. Ghirahim's theme being played doesn't really help his case at all.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Looking at this, it reminds me of how much a step up SSB4 will be from Brawl. The graphics look horrible compared to SSB4. I'm really glad to see the franchise take such a large step up, especially when from Melee to Brawl didn't really change much in how the game looked.
Toon Link had weird, realistic hair in Brawl...
I don't know where those pictures came from.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Just look at Pikachu. Even Pikachu looks better in SSB4!
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Pikachu

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Ridley will be the last unlockable character. And that's that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom