• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I don't like Miis, and would prefer they not be playable. However, there's no point in getting my metaphorical panties in a bunch just because some character I don't like might be on the roster. Spending time hating a character seems like a waste of hatred. Might as well keep it for myself!

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't like Miis, and would prefer they not be playable. However, there's no point in getting my metaphorical panties in a bunch just because some character I don't like might be on the roster. Spending time hating a character seems like a waste of hatred. Might as well keep it for myself!
It is much easier to be angry about the notion that they MIGHT be in the game; once they are announced, most will probably welcome them. I mean, I don't believe that anyone "hates" Mii characters, they just don't want them "stealing" a spot. Once it is done, it is done. Most of the discontent will cease.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hey, if anything, if Miis are in you could have a new punching bag. :D In fact, that will happen to my most unwanted characters if they get in... ah ha...

Yeah, I'm indifferent about Miis. I could see the pros and cons and honestly, I think Sakurai will try his best to make them a worthwhile addition if they are in... at least I hope so.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Hi everyone, i'm going to sidetrack every discussion you've invested precious time into, with a roster! Now a few notes

-Odd layout, 53 characters, please feel free to exile me from the planet for such a ridiculous claim.
-Fire Emblem and Retro reps are up to you, and Ridley is 50/50.
-A prediction roster with a twist, but no Chorus Men. Ain't no leak gonna tell me how to make my roster.
-Krystal is on it. Sue me.
-Pac-Man is also indefinite, but hey, I like to cater to my speculation pals.
-Lemme know what you think! I'll be happy to discuss.
THIS IS ROSTER4.png

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey, if anything, if Miis are in you could have a new punching bag. :D In fact, that will happen to my most unwanted characters if they get in... ah ha...

Yeah, I'm indifferent about Miis. I could see the pros and cons and honestly, I think Sakurai will try his best to make them a worthwhile addition if they are in... at least I hope so.
The only thing that would bother me about playable Miis would have to be the antithetical notion of customization. If they have a set move-set, that contradicts the purpose of their existence. It is a minor gripe, but it is something that always bothered me.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
It is much easier to be angry about the notion that they MIGHT be in the game; once they are announced, most will probably welcome them. I mean, I don't believe that anyone "hates" Mii characters, they just don't want them "stealing" a spot. Once it is done, it is done. Most of the discontent will cease.
Yup. I think it's a funny notion that they could somehow steal a spot from another character. Like he's about to add King K., and then says "Nah, Miis are where it's at."

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680

Yeah I don't think he's just gonna add Mii's and halfass them. Also, I can totally see myself spending time making Mii's to look like some of my friends just so I can humiliate them in the game.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Are we.......talking about.....the.....MIIS!!!??? :demon:

But seriously, I hate the idea of the Miis, even if I love them themselves. There is one major reason for this, and that is because I can't figure out why we would need him. What would he bring to the game? I see two things in the Miis:

1. Representative for the Wii Series

2. Very entertaining moveset with random objects associated

For both of these things, especially the second, we have a character covering it with Wii-Fit Trainer and Villager respectively. That said, I think the Miis are left with no major support for Smash outside of their popularity. The Miis just seem very, very uninteresting to me since we have Villager, and I think including them would be a wasted opportunity for another character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder if there are certain characters that havent been leaked, because theyre MORE TOP SECRET than the 11 already leaked.

I would be very disappointed to have Marth - Ike - Chrom and just Donkey - Diddy
Could be. One omission that particularly interest me is Mewtwo. Pokémon Company is extremely strict with their property and I wouldn't be surprised if that was harder to leak than anything else (at least Pokémon X & Y doesn't specify anyone).

Either way, I don't think we're done yet. There should be one to five more left.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The only thing that would bother me about playable Miis would have to be the antithetical notion of customization. If they have a set move-set, that contradicts the purpose of their existence. It is a minor gripe, but it is something that always bothered me.
I see where you're coming from -- not having customization (and by that, you mean moveset wise, not size/hitbox?) seems like a contradiction. However, on the other hand, I personally don't think Miis need to have a customizable moveset (though the Custom Movesets for the fighters offer bit of customization already). I could see Sakurai & Co. come up with a novelty like, "Newcomer: Mii! You can fight as your Miis aka yourself against friends and family!" It's a self insert kinda thing that has it's advantages and drawbacks, though I'm hoping that's not going to be the only reason to add them. I mean, if they're going to add Miis as playable, please make them worthwhile and fun.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I honestly don't think Sakurai would screw that up, but we'll see.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Hi everyone, i'm going to sidetrack every discussion you've invested precious time into, with a roster! Now a few notes

-Odd layout, 53 characters, please feel free to exile me from the planet for such a ridiculous claim.
-A prediction roster with a twist, but no Chorus Men. Ain't no leak gonna tell me how to make my roster.
View attachment 13294
*exiles from planet and sues*
I actually really like this. Has a nice amount of good characters, and even though I hate Mewtwo, the rest of the roster makes up for it. I'm indifferent on Krystal to be honest; wouldn't care either way. 9/10

(Now replace Mewtwo with Plasm Wraith and I'll give you 10/10)

D

Deleted member

I never did get the "Miis should have custom movesets" deal. That's not how they work in other games.
The purpose of their existence is to serve as the player's avatar, not customization. Customization only comes into play in design, not in how they function.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

View attachment 13294
Retro: Mach Rider
Fire Emblem: Robin
I'd add Bandana Dee as well.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

View attachment 13294
I back this list alot, I like everyone on it and agree that there are a couple spots that are just too up in the air.

P.S. Not gonna lie Id probably cry tears of joy if this is what it ends up being what it is because everyone who matters is on it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So how about that Soul Calibur II Link for alt costume, eh? Eh?

No? Oh...OK, I'll just go back.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Seeing how all characters can now have customizable moves, I don't find Miis as appealing as I used to, sadly.
You could still customize their appearance and weight and height, but...

Everyone really seems to hate miis. So who would you hate the most if they became playable, from most to least hated:
Miis
Shadow the Hedgehog
Pink Golden Peach
Toon Shiek
Goku
Chorus Men
Toon Sheik
Pink Golden Peach
Goku
Shadow
Chorus Men
Miis

I wouldn't really hate most of these guys, assuming there were many great newcomers to make up for it.

----

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Everyone really seems to hate miis. So who would you hate the most if they became playable, from most to least hated:
Miis
Shadow the Hedgehog
Pink Golden Peach
Toon Shiek
Goku
Chorus Men

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nobody said who's gonna be confirmed tomorrow? Meta-Knight?! Kirby Triple Deluxe is coming out tomorrow! (in North America...)

Or it could be Wario,Mario Gold World Tour also comes out that day :troll:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I welcome all with open arms...as long as pac-man is there.
So,if Pac-Man is deconfirmed you'll go up to Ridley and all the fanboys and yell "NO. NOBODY SHOULD GO IN THERE BUT PAC-MAN! **** YOU GUYS,PAC-MAN IS THE ONLY ONE!"

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Miis
Shadow the Hedgehog
Pink Golden Peach
Toon Shiek
Goku
Chorus Men
Most to least hated? Alright, let's do this:

1. Goku: Not a game character(as long as you mean the DBZ one). Don't change the goalposts again with this series.
  2. Toon Shiek/Pink Gold Peach: Equally bad asspull filler clone characters when there are still better characters to use from each series.
  3. Shadow the Hedgehog: Urgh. My least favourite video game character of all time.
  4. Mii: Not really a character, but they are a large part of Nintendo these days.
  5. Chorus Men: Not really that bad at all; Rhythm Heaven deserves a playable character. They wouldn't be my first choice for that particular character slot, but I can think of worse options too.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'll just say that Mii will be a lot more worth it then bloody Chrom and just watch people use double standards to put me down.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Miis
Shadow the Hedgehog
Pink Golden Peach
Toon Shiek
Goku
Chorus Men
Easily Pink Gold Peach. It's a frickin' power-up.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll just say that Mii will be a lot more worth it then bloody Chrom and just watch people use double standards to put me down.
Chrom isn't that bad.

Question for you though, would you like Impa more than Chrom?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why do some people hate Chrom so much?
I just think that he does a fairly poor job of representing the Fire Emblem series and has very little potential to be a unique character. I think there are better choices.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I just think that he does a fairly poor job of representing the Fire Emblem series and has very little potential to be a unique character. I think there are better choices.
By the way, am I the only one finding the lack of fire emblem content rather disturbing ? Seriously, in brawl we had 2 characters, 1 AT, 1 stage (if I remember), and 0 item ! When I see the lot of Kid Icarus content added to Smash 4, it reminds me of Sakurai's modesty. I really want 3 fire emblem characters playable and at least 1 item or 2 AT...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I agree it's a part of Nintendo's history. Smash represents important parts of Nintendo's history beyond just the character roster. Miis would be perfectly well-suited as background elements of a Mii Plaza stage, IMO, or as the new Multi-Man mooks.

EDIT: Or as an Assist Trophy as "Mii Parade," where a flood of the bloody things swarm the stage and carry everyone away with them.
That's like saying Ridley would be perfectly well-suited as a stage boss (Spoilers: NO!).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
By the way, am I the only one finding the lack of fire emblem content rather disturbing ? Seriously, in brawl we had 2 characters, 1 AT, 1 stage (if I remember), and 0 item ! When I see the lot of Kid Icarus content added to Smash 4, it reminds me of Sakurai's modesty. I really want 3 fire emblem characters playable and at least 1 item or 2 AT...
StarFox also doesn't have that much content in yet. Outside of Fox, we only have Andross as an AT. At least Fire Emblem has had it's new stage revealed.

Hope to see Ike, Falco and Wolf soon.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Miis
Shadow the Hedgehog
Pink Golden Peach
Toon Shiek
Goku
Chorus Men
Now this is what you call a discussion!

1. Goku
2. Pink Gold Peach
3. Mii
4. Toon Sheik
5. Chorus Men
6. Shadow

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Pink Gold Peach
2. Toon Sheik
3. Shadow
4. Goku
5. Mii
6. Chorus Men (I love Chorus Men)

I would hate Goku at first, but he'd probably have a pretty cool playstyle.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I have class coming up so ignore the outdated images and pretend that Rhythm Girl is the Trash Men Chorus Men. Unlike last time, I've double check to make sure every veteran is back (I've changed my mind on Snake) and the fact that transformations have their own slot means that the "50 only" roster rule is no more (This roster has 53 slots). I'm still not changing my mind on Ridley since he's still officially reconfirmed as a stage hazard (the shadow alone fully convinces me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom