• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
After ICs, G&W, Snake, ROB, ZSS, Pokemon Trainer, etc. being added into Smash.

You shouldn't be raising WFT as if she's the first surprise character to ever grace the series. Seriously 100%

:p
I suppose it has to do with the context with Wii Fit Trainer, considering she's one of the first newcomers revealed instead of one of the last like her kin tend to be. That part is admittedly surprising no matter who you ask. Though at the same time, being revealed that early allows people to stomach the inclusion for longer and it doesn't cause a sense of a character being stolen.

People have said Wii Fit Trainer would be the scapegoat similar to R.O.B., but now I think Chorus Kids would hold that honor.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
People have said Wii Fit Trainer would be the scapegoat similar to R.O.B., but now I think Chorus Kids would hold that honor.
I beg to differ.
Rhythm Heaven is a pretty well known series around the Internet, and Glee Club is perhaps one of the most popular minigames.
Wii Fit is very justified, but of course nobody really thought that it would get a character. Plus, the core Smash Bros audience probably doesn't play Wii Fit.
Also, Chorus Men bring a really interesting new mechanic to the table that I feel people will fall in love with very quickly.
ROB didn't really have that.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I just want to say I don't really believe any of the leaks. To me, it is the S-Flag and Galaga Ships that indicate with 99% certainty that Pac-Man is a character.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I beg to differ.
Rhythm Heaven is a pretty well known series around the Internet, and Glee Club is perhaps one of the most popular minigames.
Wii Fit is very justified, but of course nobody really thought that it would get a character. Plus, the core Smash Bros audience probably doesn't play Wii Fit.
Also, Chorus Men bring a really interesting new mechanic to the table that I feel people will fall in love with very quickly.
ROB didn't really have that.
R.O.B. was more about history like Mr. Game and Watch.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
R.O.B. was more about history like Mr. Game and Watch.
Both of them were "hardware" characters.
Wii Fit Trainer represents Nintendo hardware too: the Wii and the Balance Board.
So they are in a very similar category. At least in my opinion.

And can someone walk me through how to do the whole "smashbros.com Google" thing?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Wii Fit Trainer represents Nintendo hardware too: the Wii and the Balance Board.

And can someone walk me through how to do the whole "smashbros.com Google" thing?
Is Nintendo completely out of hardware characters at this point?

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Question: If you could represent 4 new series in smash 4, what would they be? For me it would be:
-Golden Sun
-Custom Robo
-Sin and Punishment (Too bad saki got ATed :c)
-Xenoblade

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Question: If you could represent 4 new series in smash 4, what would they be? For me it would be:
-Golden Sun
-Custom Robo
-Xenoblade
We could still have Isa for a S&P rep.

I'd pick Golden Sun, Xenoblade, Sin and Punishment, and Fossli Fighters.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman

copy&paste this in the google search bar:

site:smashbros.com Mewtwo 3ds

place any character you want by replacing "Mewtwo" with the character you want.

that's how u do it.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I'd heavily disagree. Mr. Game and Watch represents Nintendo's first major commercial success and R.O.B. saved the video game industry itself. That's more important than the fact that they represent hardware.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
-Golden Sun
-Custom Robo
-Xenoblade
For me it would be:
-) Xenoblade (Shulk)
-) Wars Series (Andy or Nell)
-) Nazo no Murasame-jō (Takamaru)
-) Teleroboxer (Harry)

.n_n.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
R.O.B. saved the video game industry itself.
No, it had more so to do with tricking people into thinking the NES wasn't a video game console, but rather an entertainment device. R.O.B. was a factor, however ultimately it was combination of R.O.B. and the Zapper, aggressive advertisement, Super Mario Bros., and strict guidelines for developers to prevent saturation.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
-Golden Sun
-Custom Robo
-Xenoblade
I'm gonna go with:
Golden Sun
Advance Wars
Custom Robo
Xenoblade

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
-Golden Sun
-Custom Robo
-Xenoblade
Mine would be:
  • Golden Sun
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Advance Wars

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
No, it had more so to do with tricking people into thinking the NES wasn't a video game console, but rather an entertainment device. R.O.B. was a factor, however ultimately it was combination of R.O.B. and the Zapper, aggressive advertisement, Super Mario Bros., and strict guidelines for developers to prevent saturation.
Let me rephrase.

R.O.B. represents Nintendo's revival of the video game market.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
-Golden Sun
-Custom Robo
-Xenoblade
Wow, my list would be similar, except maybe I'll switch Custom Robo with something else. So here's an alt list of series for me:

- Dr. Mario (as in have everything Dr. Mario represented separately from the Super Mario series. Counts, right? haha)
- Nazo no Murasame jo
- Chibi-Robo!
- Endless Ocean

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
-Golden Sun
-Custom Robo
-Xenoblade
Mine would be:

-Golden Sun!
-Xenoblade
-Nazo no murasame
-Custom Robo

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
So I was at work, when I came up with an interesting question.

Let's say that we get all of the biggest newcomers in this iteration of Smash. We get Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, Mewtwo, every big kahuna. If we get all of these characters now, who do you think would be a dominant big request for the next Smash Bros.?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Let's say that we get all of the biggest newcomers in this iteration of Smash. We get Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, Mewtwo, every big kahuna. If we get all of these characters now, who do you think would be a dominant big request for the next Smash Bros.?
Whoever gets cut from Brawl, most likely.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Well, on one hand, requests as a whole would probably die down just a bit. Once we get all the really big name characters that everyone wants that are truly Nintendo All-Stars, there won't be a ton of really obvious options left to add in. I would think that requests at that point would shift towards whatever the latest big thing is, sort of like how Shulk is a really popular Smash candidate as of now.

On the other hand, we'll probably still see massive amounts of requests for Goku, Shrek, Shadow, and the like.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well, on one hand, requests as a whole would probably die down just a bit. Once we get all the really big name characters that everyone wants that are truly Nintendo All-Stars, there won't be a ton of really obvious options left to add in. I would think that requests at that point would shift towards whatever the latest big thing is, sort of like how Shulk is a really popular Smash candidate as of now.

On the other hand, we'll probably still see massive amounts of requests for Goku, Shrek, Shadow, and the like.
So... the characters in my sig?

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman

I feel like the next smash may end up being Namco x Nintendo smash bros to keep the interest. If sakurai drops from development for the next next Ssb cuz of his arm injury getting worse.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

If this Smash Bros added a bunch of characters primarily from already represented series, most likely, the demands for the next game would be geared towards the smaller Nintendo series that don't quite reach "All-Star".

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ah, but the Trojans would not have made it in without the horse.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
We're not getting Ridley.

Stop it.
Sure! Just give me Sakurai's official statement saying that Ridley from Metroid will not be playable, because I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We're not getting Ridley.

Stop it.
I don't see what's wrong with bringing up Ridley when talking about a hypothetical situation where we got all the big name newcomers that everyone wants.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sure! Just give me Sakurai's official statement saying that Ridley from Metroid will not be playable, because I can't find it anywhere.
Clearly you never say the Nintendo Direct released a few weeks ago.

Oh wait, I forgot, reality is irrelevant. Silly me.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Clearly you never say the Nintendo Direct released a few weeks ago.

Oh wait, I forgot, reality is irrelevant. Silly me.
Sorry that i'm not one to instantly discredit an ambiguous suggestion that one of many different forms of a character could be a stage hazard.

Oh, and how silly of me to not jump to a conclusion that has absolutely no confirmation other than a shadow with nothing more shown on screen, and no specific name being mentioned of this hazard, while the stage before clearly mentioned the boss that is included.

Oh, and excuse me for thinking that there could be more to what was shown off, rather than jumping to an immediate conclusion without looking into all of the possibilities, and previous situations that were similar in nature. I guess I shouldn't have to worry, since you've clearly done enough of it for the both of us.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Sorry that i'm not one to instantly discredit an ambiguous suggestion that one of many different forms of a character could be a stage hazard.

Oh, and how silly of me to not jump to a conclusion that has absolutely no confirmation other than a shadow with nothing more shown on screen.

Oh, and excuse me for thinking that there could be more to what was shown off, rather than jumping to an immediate conclusion without looking into all of the possibilities, and previous situations that were similar in nature. I guess I shouldn't have to worry, since you've done enough of it for the both of us.
I guess you could say that he hasn't been deconfirmed...

...beyond the shadow of a doubt.

If you guys want more, PM me so I can tell you how to send me money.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Oh boy, Ridley "disconfirmation" discussion. Imma just leave this here:

"When Ridley joins the battle, Alfonzo...urrr...Meta Ridley takes over as boss."

Is that not a legitimate possibility?

Moreover, what little we see of Ridley's wing is quite straight, and gray, when Ridley in Other M has bright purple wings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom