• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How could you forget the most important character of all? Without him, even the Goddesses wouldn't exist! He's even the most important character of Mario, DK, Pikmin, etc.

The Happy Mask Salesman Shigeru Miyamoto! :troll:
Thats a funny way of spelling Cranky Kong!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
This has already been discussed for ages by now and should be common sense. Researching anything online shouldn't be that hard
Whoa, whoa.

Sorry to interrupt the topic but...
You know where this info is?!?

I literally asked for this information a while back and I would very much appreciate having it.

And no, it is actually very hard to research this kind of stuff. I've tried multiple times already.

Please, as the biggest thing against Jigglypuff, I need this info so I can look into it. Send it in a PM if you must.

As for the sonic topic currently, if it was Eggman I would be alright with it. I would still prefer Nintendo characters over him though.

Morbi

Scavenger
Whoa, whoa.

Sorry to interrupt the topic but...
You know where this info is?!?

I literally asked for this information a while back and I would very much appreciate having it.

And no, it is actually very hard to research this kind of stuff. I've tried multiple times already.

Please, as the biggest thing against Jigglypuff, I need this info so I can look into it. Send it in a PM if you must.

As for the sonic topic currently, if it was Eggman I would be alright with it. I would still prefer Nintendo characters over him though.
It honestly isn't even the biggest notion that supports Jigglypuff's omission; one would have to presume that the priority list remains stagnant. If one was to assume that the priority list for Brawl is exactly the same for Smash 4 (despite that not being a rational proclamation for a plethora of reasons) one would have to assume that characters like Toon Zelda are all but guaranteed for Smash 4. That logic is the predominant definition of self-referential incoherence.

I couldn't find the source either, it is common knowledge though.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
If Nintendo is thinking in buying any developer it will be a small one, nothing like a whole developer/publisher house (they have the money but I don´t think they would do such a big investment) if they are buying something it would be small to medium developer with great potential, what comes to my mind are the following as example, Level - 5 (Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven, Ni No Kuni and Youkai Watch), Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, etc.), Ganbarion (Pandora´s Tower, Wii Fit U), Mistwalker (The Last Story), Treasure (Sin and Punishment) or Vanillaware (Muramasa: The Demon Blade).

.n_n.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It honestly isn't even the biggest notion that supports Jigglypuff's omission; one would have to presume that the priority list remains stagnant. If one was to assume that the priority list for Brawl is exactly the same for Smash 4 (despite that not being a rational proclamation for a plethora of reasons) one would have to assume that characters like Toon Zelda are all but guaranteed for Smash 4. That logic is the predominant definition of self-referential incoherence.

I couldn't find the source either, it is common knowledge though.
I do agree that there isn't a whole lot going for the priority argument. There is one thing in particular that I've been thinking about but I'll save it.

With that said, it is still the most used one. By looking at that source, I could learn a thing or two. It would be at least slightly helpful.

Morbi

Scavenger
I do agree that there isn't a whole lot going for the priority argument. There is one thing in particular that I've been thinking about but I'll save it.

With that said, it is still the most used one. By looking at that source, I could learn a thing or two. It would be at least slightly helpful.
The source is technically Brawl's code; so if you know how to do that, you should be all set! :denzel:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
The source is technically Brawl's code; so if you know how to do that, you should be all set! :denzel:
You can be a little ***** sometimes, you know that. All wordy and such.

Now, new topic: Out of all the confirmed assist trophies and Pokemon, who would you have wanted as a playable character? For me it is a tie between Devil and Saki, and for Pokeballs, Togepi.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Now, new topic: Out of all the confirmed assist trophies and Pokemon, who would you have wanted as a playable character? For me it is a tie between Devil and Saki, and for Pokeballs, Togepi.
Confirmed Assist? Probably Lyn or Goroh, although Skull Kid would be nice too.

Pokeballs? Meowth, defiinitely.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

Out of the confirmed Assists, Goroh for sure.

Pokeballs, Meowth.

Chase

Smash Ace

Assist Trophies: Goroh, Dark Samus, and Saki. Dark Samus looks awesome as a moveset.
Pokéballs: Meowth. Here's to Smash 5!

Morbi

Scavenger
Assist Trophies: Goroh, Dark Samus, and Saki. Dark Samus looks awesome as a moveset.
Pokéballs: Meowth. Here's to Smash 5!
Meowth will never be recognized as one of the most important Pokemon by Sakurai. I feel as though he has something personal against the poor guy; during Brawl, his pokeball status was reasonable, maybe even expected. However, there was not much of a reason for him to return as a pokeball in Smash 4. The same will happen in Smash 5, I fear. I suppose I have one of my own favorite characters to blame for this overt discrepancy.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
No, the Goddesses are all more important than it! If it wasn't for the Goddesses, then the Triforce wouldn't exist in the first place!
BUT if it wasn't for the first Goddess there wouldn't be goddesses, triforce, or hyrule.

So Zelda is the most important Legend of Zelda character. I mean, it's called Legend of Zelda, c'mon guys how did we miss that?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
BUT if it wasn't for the first Goddess there wouldn't be goddesses, triforce, or hyrule.

So Zelda is the most important Legend of Zelda character. I mean, it's called Legend of Zelda, c'mon guys how did we miss that?
I suppose that is why Sakurai felt as though it would be reasonable to have 4 variations of her on the same roster at one point.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's keep any Zelda discussion purely Smash related.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
What kind of horrible soul wouldn't play Conker? If Nintendo still owned Rare, he'd be the fourth character I wanted in after Banjo, Mumbo, and Grunty. Conker is absolutely one of the greatest games on the N64, up there with even Banjo.
A little late, but here's my answer to that. I do not find toilet humor to be funny, and Conker's Bad Fur Day is loaded with it. I'm 19, but I prefer to say the h*** away from Rated M games as much as I stay away from cigarettes. People who play those Rated M games have been reported to have serious problems, especially the guy behind the tragedy of Sandy Hooke Elementary.
The only Sonic character I want is Sonic.

Arms the Kitsune, Nipples the Enchilada, Emo the Edgehog, Original the Character, and all their other friends can stay away. Eggman would be pretty cool though, but third parties getting a second character just feels wrong. Hell, just having too many third parties in general is a really ****ty thought.
we were talking about if Nintendo owned SEGA on this one.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
As long as G-dorf gets some new moves and plenty of buffs, I don't really care what other Zelda characters make it it. Add Groose as a Ness clone for all I care.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
G-Dorf gets a "new moveset."
G-Dorf is now another Fox clone, landmaster and all.

Great decision or greatest decision?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
A little late, but here's my answer to that. I do not find toilet humor to be funny, and Conker's Bad Fur Day is loaded with it. I'm 19, but I prefer to say the h*** away from Rated M games as much as I stay away from cigarettes. People who play those Rated M games have been reported to have serious problems, especially the guy behind the tragedy of Sandy Hooke Elementary.
Are you serious? Please tell me you are joking right now, you can't be serious. That's so naive it's not even funny. You actually believe a bunch of angry mothers who hate video games when they say that games make people violent? Will I become a serial killer if I watch one too many horror flicks? Will I murder someone and pin it on someone else because I like mystery novels? Will I go insane by the mere mention of another person going insane? That's ridiculous. Cooking Mama doesn't make me a chef, Phoenix Wright doesn't make me a lawyer, Mario doesn't make me a plumber that jumps on things, Sonic doesn't make me a super fast hedgehog. Why would a violent game make me violent? Why would playing Conker compel me to piss on fire imps or throw toilet paper at a non-existent pile of singing ****?

I mean if toilet humor isn't your thing, that's fine and all, you don't need to play it, but don't make some awful and uninformed excuse like that.
we were talking about if Nintendo owned SEGA on this one.
Nintendo will buy back Rare before they ever buy Sega, as in never. Though others have explained it better, you apparently can't understand that.

Regardless, in the hypothetical situation in which Nintendo owns Sega, I still don't want any of those awful characters besides Eggman. /Opinion

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Even if SEGA is bought by Nintendo, a 2nd sonic rep would still be unlikely as the roster is already done and SEGA isn't gonna be bought by Nintendo anytime soon

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Even if SEGA is bought by Nintendo, a 2nd sonic rep would still be unlikely as the roster is already done and SEGA isn't gonna be bought by Nintendo anytime soon
Yeah, I know that it won't affect this title, but we're more likely to see Nintendo buy SEGA between this title and the next. Either way we need a new topic. What would Zero Suit Samus' new Final Smash be?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Nintendo doesn't own SEGA and I doubt they're interested in buying any big name companies at this point in time.
They passed up on Atlus. Despite their deep, deep wallet, they're a little conservative when it comes to buying companies. Atlus is certainly a big name, and SEGA would be bigger. It'd take massive time before they amass a safety net of that worth. I'd rather they not become a conglomerate monopoly.

But this is a character discussion thread, not a "chances of Nintendo buying a big name company" thread. Let's get back to what this thing is about and stop letting it turn into the next RPDT by getting off topic endlessly.

Sorry to say, but it isn't likely. Sonic's also been referred as a guest already this game, and I can refer back to Houseguest Theorem. If we're getting any more thirds, it's likely Pac-Man and Snake, and that's it. Things from seperate companies because of special situations. Otherwise we would have heard about it already, unless we're getting another Brawl-level delay, which I doubt Sakurai would want to do again and cause more cuts.

G-Dorf gets a "new moveset."
G-Dorf is now another Fox clone, landmaster and all.

Great decision or greatest decision?
Hey, I'll take anything at this point. Greatest decision. :laugh:

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Yeah, I know that it won't affect this title, but we're more likely to see Nintendo buy SEGA between this title and the next. Either way we need a new topic. What would Zero Suit Samus' new Final Smash be?
Why would Nintendo buy SEGA? Sonic is the only worthy IP they have, the rest is unknown, if this happened then sonic should be treated on the same lvl as kirby and metroid for example

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Why would Nintendo buy SEGA? Sonic is the only worthy IP they have, the rest is unknown, if this happened then sonic should be treated on the same lvl as kirby and metroid for example
It's not solely about economics. Watch this!
And as famous as Sonic is, only as much as Kirby, ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?! They'd be up there with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
And as famous as Sonic is, only as much as Kirby, ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?! They'd be up there with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.
Why should they put sonic on the same lvl as mario, zelda and pkmn considering that those 3 have been far more succesful than sonic have been

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I believe this is exactly the kind of problem that you stated you were trying to tone down on this very page, bringing up the same arguement after you said you were trying to tone it down.
Economicly good or not, regardless, this isn't the thread to be talking about this stuff. This is a character discussion thread, not a business-related "is it a good idea thread" that has little to relate to the current Smash game.
A quick and speedy deal would not likely alter the Smash Roster of Wii U/3DS considering how late in development this game is in.
Please drop the arguement and move the subject to something else.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Why should they put sonic on the same lvl as mario, zelda and pkmn considering that those 3 have been far more succesful than sonic have been
That's not true, you're making this argument really off topic, I'm outta here.

But before I go, any new Final Smash ideas for Zero Suit Samus?

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
A little late, but here's my answer to that. I do not find toilet humor to be funny, and Conker's Bad Fur Day is loaded with it. I'm 19, but I prefer to say the h*** away from Rated M games as much as I stay away from cigarettes.
People who play those Rated M games have been reported to have serious problems, especially the guy behind the tragedy of Sandy Hooke Elementary.
Don't worry.
If you are a good person, I'm pretty sure playing an M-Rated game won't turn you into a criminal mastermind. It's the people that grow up with M-Games like CoD and FPSs that become jerks, because they played it as children, and when you can kill anyone you want you kind of start to get a feeling of power and superiority in real life.
Then they start going around like they own the world and insult people twice their size, but ironically look really stupid while doing so (trust me, I would know).

And all the people that actually kill or hurt people in real life because of a VIDEO GAME have waaaaaaay more issues than playing a M-rated game. Mental issues.
Any sane person won't shoot someone in a game and say "Huh. What if I did that for real?"

Sorry if I got off-topic.
It just really grinds kept gears when society blames all its problems on video games.
Gaming is just something relatively new, thus something that people can blame.

D

Deleted member

So there was no sight of Ice Climbers or ROB on Thursday...well, guess we can expect to see Meta Knight or Wario in May (Kirby Triple Deluxe US release & Mario Kart 8)

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
So there was no sight of Ice Climbers or ROB on Thursday...well, guess we can expect to see Meta Knight or Wario in May (Kirby Triple Deluxe US release & Mario Kart 8)
Meta Knight doesn't show up at all in Triple Deluxe, but they might do a shoehorn.
Wario for MK8 does make a lot of sense, however. Seems high time to do it, unless he's unlockable.
Sakurai will either run us dry a month and do an E3 bombardment, or he'll use peppering of veterans.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
That's not true, you're making this argument really off topic, I'm outta here.
Umm yes it's true, sonic isn't anywhere near as succesful as mario, zelda or pkmn, for example mario kart 7 has sold like 4x what two sonic racing games has sold even when they were on 4 consoles, face it, sonic isn't anywhere near as succesful as mario, zelda and pkmn

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Umm yes it's true, sonic isn't anywhere near as succesful as mario, for example mario kart 7 has sold like 4x what two sonic racing games has sold even when they were on 4 consoles, face it, sonic isn't anywhere near as succesful as mario
Yknow what? Just forget it!! Mario being more successful I can understand, but even if it wasnt more successful than Zelda or Pokemon it wouldn't matter. You argument is invalid, the Sonic franchise would still get as much representatives as Mario of Nintendo buys SEGA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom