• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Question, who would be the one character that would redeem an otherwise terrible roster for you? (Likelihood of the character doesn't matter.)

If you have to ask for mine, I'll shoot you.
This guy right here:

He has so much potential as well has a great series that's still going!
Although I'll have to say that I already got my second most wanted, Villager.
King K. Rool would also be sufficient. :bee:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Question, who would be the one character that would redeem an otherwise terrible roster for you? (Likelihood of the character doesn't matter.)

Veteranwise, it would be this guy: :pt:

Newcomer wise: It would be Banjo Kazooie.

Realistic Newcomer wise: Toad

Realistic Not-Deconfirmed Newcomer Wise: Either Robin or Wonder Red.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430

Just one? I really don't think any roster can be too bad. I guess Robin.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Oh, what is yours? :3

Anyway, the problem with asking me that is it is extremely hard for this roster to be bad after brawl's roster.

That said, the newcomers aren't too much my cup of tea. I love them and what they bring, but I prefer more cutie characters like Bandana Dee and Lip.

If that Sal leak is real, I probably won't be getting any except Palutena. I would still be fine with it though and probably love the game to death

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Vet wise, Mewtwo would make the roster for me.
Newcomers are between K. Rool and Palutena.

So I'll probably end up happy.
Heck, I would be content with only Little Mac and Mega Man. Only content, though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm assuming you believe in the Sal leak?

Anyways, it seems to be a pretty good roster,although I don't see DHD joining and you should replace Ghirahim with Vaati.
I'm not gonna argue with you about Vaati, just because I know how much you like him.

As for DHD, I think he is a decently likely retro. He is the other half of the best selling NES game, and the 4th Best-Selling game of all time (1st being Tetris, 2nd being WIi Sports, and 3rd being Minecraft).
He has a lot of significance in Nintendo history!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
So here's my new roster:

Thoughts?
I like it. Since the huge blow to Toad's chances, I pretty much have 5 requirements for a satisfactory roster, for me.
1. Mewtwo
2. Pac-man
3. Ridley
4. No more than 3 star fox characters
5. No more than 2 Mother characters.
You pass all 5 with flying colors, and get Major bonus points for Duck Hunt Dog. If this were the real roster, I'd be totally satisfied.
My only real complaint is that you gave Zelda more characters than Mario.

Josshu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1590-4719-4916

Andy (Advanced Wars) or Ray (Custom Robo).

The way the actual roster is shaping up now is good enough for me though. But no matter how bad anyone's personal roster is, if one of these two is on it, its gold.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I like it. Since the huge blow to Toad's chances, I pretty much have 5 requirements for a satisfactory roster, for me.
1. Mewtwo
2. Pac-man
3. Ridley
4. No more than 3 star fox characters
5. No more than 2 Mother characters.
You pass all 5 with flying colors, and get Major bonus points for Duck Hunt Dog. If this were the real roster, I'd be totally satisfied.
My only real complaint is that you gave Zelda more characters than Mario.
I feel that Yoshi fills that space of a 6th Mario character. Even though he technically counts as his own series, he is spiritually a Mario character.
Yoshi's Island WAS Super Mario World 2 after all!

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

All i need is snake, and ridley. I wouldnt care if we ended up with a walking toilet in there if i could get both of those.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Andy (Advanced Wars) or Ray (Custom Robo).

The way the actual roster is shaping up now is good enough for me though. But no matter how bad anyone's personal roster is, if one of these two is on it, its gold.
I think you'll like my roster. Do you want to see it?
EDIT: I'm posting it regardless.
Roster post rosalina Roster.png

Same old Drill. Top Left is main roster. Bottom Left is DLC. Right is honorable mentions. I'd like feedback.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
View attachment 12965
Same old Drill. Top Left is main roster. Bottom Left is DLC. Right is honorable mentions. I'd like feedback.
I'd happily trade a Mario/Zelda newcomer for Wolf and a DK newcomer.

I like the rest.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
View attachment 12965
I'd say remove Andy and Daitoryo, and replace Toad and Tingle with more reasonable characters

Also, cut Fawful, Sukapon, Dillon, Vaati, and Marshall

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
View attachment 12965
Glad to see Vaati bump up from honorable mentions to DLC.

I also love the Chrom and Lucina team. Of course one would expect that the creator of their thread would

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'd say remove Andy and Daitoryo, and replace Toad and Tingle with more reasonable characters

Also, cut Fawful, Sukapon, Dillon, Vaati, and Marshall
Advance Wars is nintendo's bigest un-repped series, while Daitoryo represents Nintendo's history before video games.
I can't really think of someone more reasonable than a minor worldwide icon with multiple playable appearances and well defined abilities(Toad); and the most recurring character of his series not already in smash with the added distinction of having the only zelda spin-off games(Tingle).
Also, why on Earth would I cut DLC characters?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
It's not that they're DLC characters, it's because they're less deserving than other possibilities.
A valid criticism. I took my DLC choices from 2 groups, "planned" characters cut due to "time constraints"(aka my self imposed 52 character limit) or characters that I feel make the most sense as DLC. Which is why a good candidate, like say, Bowser Jr. isn't present.
On second thought I may replace Fawful with Waluigi, or Vaati with Ghirahim.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
A valid criticism. I took my DLC choices from 2 groups, "planned" characters cut due to "time constraints"(aka my self imposed 52 character limit) or characters that I feel make the most sense as DLC. Which is why a good candidate, like say, Bowser Jr. isn't present.
On second thought I may replace Fawful with Waluigi, or Vaati with Ghirahim.
Personally, I prefer Vaati and think he's slightly more deserving. I think Mach Rider could fit in somewhere as well.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Advance Wars is nintendo's bigest un-repped series, while Daitoryo represents Nintendo's history before video games.
I can't really think of someone more reasonable than a minor worldwide icon with multiple playable appearances and well defined abilities(Toad); and the most recurring character of his series not already in smash with the added distinction of having the only zelda spin-off games(Tingle).
Also, why on Earth would I cut DLC characters?
They still care <3

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
They should put Rodney the Hare in Smash.

Oops, I've now mentioned Rodney the Hare, you know what that means...

*Rodney the Hare gets shown off at E3*

"People were talking about Rodney the Hare! People could have guessed Rodney the Hare! He got lucky!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom