• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ghirahim is the dark master sword, I find very unlikely that Eiji will forget that concept so easily, ghirahim and his abilities have more potential than any other one villain not named ganondorf and possibly vaati, he is in a different position than say malladus or bellum has he actually has potential to return and be important in at least another game
It's all conjecture, though. Technically, he can. But given the precedent, do I find it likely? No.

All this talk makes me wonder who the villain for Zelda Wii U will be...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So who would have a better chhance of getting in? Mewtwo, or girahim. Both are extremely requested but which has more evidence for it?
Uh, duh, Ghirahim.

I remember that one time at E3 where someone was interviewing Eiji Aonuma and asked him if Ghirahim would be in Smash Bros, and Sakurai stood up from the audience and said "We are thinking about it."

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Mewtwo has the highest chance out of everyone even now.
I'm not so sure about that at this point. I think he still has a good chance, and it might even be a very good chance, but I don't think he's the most likely at this point.

Especially with Palutena around.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

I figure I'd share a roster update while I'm here. Obvious cuts include Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, Snake, and (dare I say it) Ridley. The later is obviously because of his possible boss role. Don't mind the placement or images for which I need to grab a bite real quick.
game and watch.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Is it me or we need a characters with axes, chains, bo staffs and other weapons?

.n_n.
And spears?

But yeah, more weapons would be fantastic. Too bad designers are soooo unoriginal.

<- MCs of most of his (orphaned and unfinished) stories use swords

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I love Ghirahim to death and also think he might appear again, but I don't there will be any story connections to other games unless it's directly tied to Skyward Sword.
Tecnically all games are tied to skyward sword since all the antagonist are supposed to be the reincarnation of demise
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa The thing that gives ghirahim the edge over many previous antagonists is that he is from one of the most important games of the franchises, in other words skyward is very important to the whole story of the franchise and like I said before Ghirahim actually has potential to return unlike bellum or malladus for example that had no real potential of returning

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I meant for next game. :)
What is this, Soul Calibur?
Well I don´t mind if they can get more characters with new weapons never seen before, especially if you have a series like Fire Emblem that has swords, axes, lances, magic , daggers and bows.

.n_n.

Last edited:

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
There's that word again. Assuming. Ugh, it's an awfully overused word. But yes, I am ASSUMING that he had and idea of the number he wanted, it's just that everything doesn't work out perfectly like we want it too. Falco will most likely stay; the best time for him to leave would've been in Brawl with the other minor clones.
I really don't understand why you don't like the word "assume" when all anyone up here is doing is...wait for it...assuming things and making assumptions! Assume means - suppose to be the case, without proof. None of us have proof of anything but we make our assumptions on what we believe should happen!

Anyways, Sakurai said himself that some characters won't be returning and their are only a handful of easy "assumptions" that can be made such as Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, Ike, Lucas and Falco due to certain ones being clones, certain ones probably being replace by another character from their franchise, those probably gone due to no more transformations and then no longer having the support of that character's 3rd party.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure about that at this point. I think he still has a good chance, and it might even be a very good chance, but I don't think he's the most likely at this point.

Ah yeah Palutena. She is the most likely one right now for sure. Probly like 95% chance.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I really don't understand why you don't like the word "assume" when all anyone up here is doing is...wait for it...assuming things and making assumptions! Assume means - suppose to be the case, without proof. None of us have proof of anything but we make our assumptions on what we believe should happen!

Anyways, Sakurai said himself that some characters won't be returning and their are only a handful of easy "assumptions" that can be made such as Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, Ike, Lucas and Falco due to certain ones being clones, certain ones probably being replace by another character from their franchise, those probably gone due to no more transformations and then no longer having the support of that character's 3rd party.
I can agree with the first three characters, but not the latter three. It seems to weird to cut them. Like cutting Ice Climbers or Marth from Melee to Brawl.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If we are only going on evidence and merit; Mewtwo is far more likely.
Evidence? I would think that Palutena has more actual evidence in her favor at this point. We haven't seen much from the game itself that would give much of a hint to the presence of Mewtwo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If Sakurai had developed Pokemon X/Y and redesigned Mewtwo, their positions might be reversed. Both are still happening anyway, though, so I don't see much need to split hairs over the issue.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
If we are only going on evidence and merit; Mewtwo is far more likely.
Yeah I mean, I made a video on Mewtwo explaining why he is likely, but I'm pretty sure there is more evidence of Palutena (if evidence means leaks). What evidence are you speaking of?

Mewtwo may be more way more likely but ghirahim is way more fabulous
Good I don't want Mewtwo to be fab.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
No; what I meant was that Pokemon Trainer isn't lingering in the background with Charizard, so why would he be featured with only Squirtle and Ivysaur? Also, I would be interested in seeing Squirtle or Ivysaur's Final Smash, it isn't as though they have Mega Evolution's or a Triple Finish.
Maybe the trainer is still here (in the background) and Sakurai did hid him to troll us?

For final smashes, I'd say Surf or Hydro Pump for Squirtle and Solar Beam for Ivysaur.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Is it me or we need characters with axes, chains, bo staffs and other weapons?

.n_n.
Axe: Villager
Chains: Link, well at least his grapple kinda.
Spear: Bandana Dee
Paint Brush: Bowser Jr.
Vacuum: Luigi
Staff: Palutena
Canon: King K. Rool
Friends/Partners: Paper Mario :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

you know what I think?

I think your sense of likeliness is FALSE.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Uh, duh, Ghirahim.
*GASP*

I remember that one time at E3 where someone was interviewing Eiji Aonuma and asked him if Ghirahim would be in Smash Bros, and Sakurai stood up from the audience and said "We are thinking about it."
Oh thank god!
I thought you were serious!
Don't scare me like that! I was in the hospital for 2 days after reading the first line of your post!

Morbi

Scavenger
Name any and all evidence for Palutena; I don't believe that there is much.
Seriously; aside from the leak, that may or may not be real (and thus not material) and his allusion during the Direct, there isn't much. She has a home-stage, that is obviously a great notion for her chances. Palutena; similarly to Mewtwo, is more of a merit based character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been rather busy with size comparisons lately, and I felt that I had to do one for the Mario cast...

I did look at various models to get the sizes to be as accurate as I could get them. To be fair, Bowser and Donkey Kong were bigger than normal in Brawl, but they were more normal sized in Mario Party 9.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Seriously; aside from the leak, that may or may not be real (and thus not material) and his allusion during the Direct, there isn't much. She has a home-stage, that is obviously a great notion for her chances. Palutena; similarly to Mewtwo, is more of a merit based character.
I'm pretty sure that's Pit's home stage, not Palutena's. You know, the WHOLE REASON PALUTENA IS EVEN CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I've been rather busy with size comparisons lately, and I felt that I had to do one for the Mario cast...

I did look at various models to get the sizes to be as accurate as I could get them. To be fair, Bowser and Donkey Kong were bigger than normal in Brawl, but they were more normal sized in Mario Party 9.
Someone needs to put Ridley in there :)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Palutena's Temple is Pit's home-stage? I apologize, I wasn't aware.
I mean, it hasn't been confirmed, but why would they show the home stage of a character from a series that already has a playable character, but give it to a speculated newcomer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom