• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
View attachment 12948

Updated roster! Now, before you say "The trainer is deconfirmed", I know that.

The trainer isn't a playable character like in Brawl. Instead, when you choose him, a menu appears where you can choose between Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. The trainer is in the background giving orders, but he can't switch Pokemon.
I seriously doubt that Pokemon Trainer would still be commanding Charizard like THAT. Put in Krystal and PacMan, and it looks great

Morbi

Scavenger
I seriously doubt that Pokemon Trainer would still be commanding Charizard like THAT. Put in Krystal and PacMan, and it looks great
Just curious; I have been seeing a staggering amount of Krystal speculation, much more than I used to... has something changed in regards to her chances?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
That would be a cool concept; but isn't it confirmed that Charizard is alone? So it isn't as though this could actualize.

Also; I find it funny that Pokemon still pours over into a separate column.
It is confirmed that he can't switch with Squirtle and Ivysaur, but that doesn't mean they're not playable.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
Then those characters are still in the game, only being reduced to movesets for another character. Might as well have them as a full character.
Okay, that literally makes no sense. What would be the reason of wasting a spot on a semi-clone when you can easily give the original character their moveset? Not to forget how dead the StarFox series currently is, so it makes little sense to bring Falco back and not represent another deserving franchise.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can I ask where does the Mach Rider artwork come from?
.n_n.
I made it. I just combined a few pics I found so I could use the head, it isn't that impressive.

I'd only remove Ghirahim, Lucina, and Mach Rider. Keep Krystal though
Lol. Well that's just too bad, because those are my three most wanted characters. Krystal was an afterthought because I wanted an even 54 characters.

Everyone should know that by now.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
It is confirmed that he can't switch with Squirtle and Ivysaur, but that doesn't mean they're not playable.
No; what I meant was that Pokemon Trainer isn't lingering in the background with Charizard, so why would he be featured with only Squirtle and Ivysaur? Also, I would be interested in seeing Squirtle or Ivysaur's Final Smash, it isn't as though they have Mega Evolution's or a Triple Finish.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just curious; I have been seeing a staggering amount of Krystal speculation, much more than I used to... has something changed in regards to her chances?
Not yet, there is still no Star Fox content revealed besides Fox, Andross, & the Smart Bomb.

Not even a stage. :glare:

I don't think anything has changed in her speculation...unless people are more aware of her

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
Ask Toon Link.
Toon Link is actually a different case because he has completely different game physics when compared to Link. Falco and Lucas have the same game physics to their clone counterparts.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
CliffJumper keeps bringing her up.

Toon Link is actually a different case because he has completely different game physics when compared to Link. Falco and Lucas have the same game physics to their clone counterparts.
Well, would you use that argument against Ganondorf as well?

Last edited:

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Okay, that literally makes no sense. What would be the reason of wasting a spot on a semi-clone when you can easily give the original character their moveset? Not to forget how dead the StarFox series currently is, so it makes little sense to bring Falco back and not represent another deserving franchise.
There's no such thing as a "spot." Programming all a character's moves into another character wouldn't take up that much less resources than making a new model that's mostly derived from another character.

D

Deleted member

(At least I didn't lose that bet down there.)
I'm trying to limit my talks about Krystal lately
Good. I'm cool that you support her & all but not everyone needs to add her to the rosters until we get more Star Fox content that says something.

You're kind of embarassing Krystal fans like myself.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love how whenever I post a roster, everyone tells me the same thing.

"It's good, other than Ghirahim, Lucina, Mach Rider, and Paper Mario."

Sigh...I wish people would pay more attention to signatures...

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
Well, would you use that argument against Ganondorf as well?
Ganondorf has WAY different game physics when compared to Captain Falcon. PLUS...Ganondorf has a lot of different moves from his actual series that Sakurai can use to possibly change him. With that being said, I can only see Lucas getting some actual different moves as I remember some Earthbound/Mother fans saying his moves didn't represent his game but I'm not a fan so I wouldn't know. However, Fox's moves were made up for the game so I can't see Falco getting a whole new set of made up moves.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

since everyone is posting one apparently, here is my newest one based off the leak.

the odd man out is Marshal from Rhythm heaven.
Even though you cut Lucas whom i love dearly, i could get behind this.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If you cut Paper Mario, Ghirahim, Krystal, Lucina, and Snake, i would be super okay with this.
Question.
Why are you NOT super okay with this if it has those characters?
If it has the characters you want, then it should be okay in your eyes. If there are certain characters that you don't think should be in, then just ignore them.

Hey. Listen. You're right.

Here's my logic:

Marth and Ike are a given.
Chrom and Lucina are both popular. Both are likely easy(er) to design.
If you think both Chrom and Lucina should be in, then why not put them on an Ice Climber team?
That would be pretty cool, and would bring something new and unique to the table. It would be very interesting to have a dual-controlled heavy/strong swordsman and quick/agile swords(wo)man.

Also, because Lucina could be interpreted as "Toon" Marth.
As a stereotypical teenage girl would say, "How even?"

Morbi

Scavenger
Question.
If it has the characters you want, then it should be okay in your eyes. If there are certain characters that you don't think should be in, then just ignore them.

If you think both Chrom and Lucina should be in, then why not put them on an Ice Climber team?
That would be pretty cool, and would bring something new and unique to the table. It would be very interesting to have a dual-controlled heavy/strong swordsman and quick/agile swords(wo)man.

I honestly don't believe that ignoring detriments to the roster is a feasible proposition.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Question.

I don't like Ghirahim- he's a one time Zelda villain who's not important to the franchise. Star Fox feels over-repped as it is, I doubt Lucina and Chrom will make it and Chrom is much more likely, and I love Paper Mario but i just don't see them doing it.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I don't like Ghirahim- he's a one time Zelda villain who's not important to the franchise. Star Fox feels over-repped as it is, I doubt Lucina and Chrom will make it and Chrom is much more likely, and I love Paper Mario but i just don't see them doing it.
But Ghirahim is actually very important to the franchise

Morbi

Scavenger
I think it is. I mean I'm not a huge fan of Krystal, but if she were playable, I'd get over it in about 5 seconds.
I honestly believe it attenuates the longevity and appeal of the game; I don't personally find Krystal to be a detriment to the roster, but simply ignoring detrimental aspects of the roster, or more importantly, the game, achieves nothing. I suppose it is all you can do; objectively speaking.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But Ghirahim is actually very important to the franchise
Canonically, yes, but the number of appearances matter more for selection into Smash. Sheik is an oddball, but keep in mind that OoT was HUGE when Melee was in development. Skyward Sword didn't have quite as much fanfare, so to speak.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Question.
Exactly.

Because I don't think having them both together is technically stable, honestly.
And honestly doesn't make that much sense.

What I mean to say is that Chrom would be the "Awakening" newcomer everyone expects. Lucina (or "Masked Marth") would be Fire Emblem's answer to Toon Link. As in, a different "incarnation" of the character as a semiclone.

Since it's clear no one here will even just let me want her, that's the best way around it. We expected Toon Zelda for so long, what's wrong with this, really?

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
@ jweb22 jweb22
He does have something to go off of.
Yeah he does, but looking at how little a change he got from Melee to Brawl, I highly doubt he'll get that big of a change. I hope that IF Falco comes back that he is way different than Fox, but like I said I doubt the change will happen.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Uh, how exactly? He's not Demise. He's not Ganondorf. He's a pawn of a villain that appears once. He's less than not important.
Should I remind that the reason Demise and therefore, the existance of EVERY single villain in the franchise is ghirahim fault?
Without him Link would still be a common boy, groose would still be a jerk, impa would have never met zelda and basically all the events in the entire franchise would have never happened
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa If that's the case then Why are we requesting Chrom? Why did Greninja got in? Why are people expecting or requesting Shulk? Ghirahim has the potential to appear in the future

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom