• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I have a good character topic that I think hasn't been beaten to death yet!

Topic Question: Let's assume that Mewtwo returns and Zelda gets a newcomer. Pokémon and Zelda now have 6 characters (5 veterans and 1 newcomer).
What should happen to the Mario series, which only has 5 characters at the moment?
Should Dr. Mario return to even out the 5 vets and 1 newcomer thing, or does Yoshi/Wario already fill that veteran space?
I'd like to see Bowser Jr.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My (realistic) preference for the 6th Mario character would be Bowser Jr.

I wouldn't mind Paper Mario or even Dr. Mario though.

If I could choose anyone, I would totally choose Fawful.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This reminds me, when Midna was revealed as an AT, I was satisfied because I secretly knew that was the best she could get.

So do you guys have any characters that, if they don't make the cut, would be fine with as an AT?

Or vice versa? As in, characters that if they aren't playable, they probably won't get much of anything?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This reminds me, when Midna was revealed as an AT, I was satisfied because I secretly knew that was the best she could get.

So do you guys have any characters that, if they don't make the cut, would be fine with as an AT?

Or vice versa? As in, characters that if they aren't playable, they probably won't get much of anything?
I'd say Knuckles, Cranky Kong, Ghirahim, and Rundas as far as suitable characters who would be good AT's

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

King K. Rool could fill an Assist Trophy or boss slot if he's not playable. Kremlings are in Smash Run, so I'd suspect he'll get a bigger role in Smash this time. *still crossing my fingers for playable status*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Lyn and Ashley.

I wasn't even expecting them to appear as ATs, heh.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I have a good character topic that I think hasn't been beaten to death yet!

Topic Question: Let's assume that Mewtwo returns and Zelda gets a newcomer. Pokémon and Zelda now have 6 characters (5 veterans and 1 newcomer).
What should happen to the Mario series, which only has 5 characters at the moment?
Should Dr. Mario return to even out the 5 vets and 1 newcomer thing, or does Yoshi/Wario already fill that veteran space?
Well i will go with Dementio or Bowser Jr and right now we saw new skins for other characters like (Wario in Brawl, the Wii Fit Trainer male skin and little Mac skin), so is possible to have Dr Mario as a Mario skin.

Also... no, Yoshi and Wario play right now under their own banner and not under the Mario's flag

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Also... no, Yoshi and Wario play right now under their own banner and not under the Mario's flag
I know that, I just feel that Yoshi (and MAYBE Wario to an extent) is spiritually a Mario character, as Yoshi's Island is the closest spin-off series to Mario (the first one was literally Mario World 2).

WarioWare and Donkey do feel like their own series, and I do see they as completely separate from the main Mario characters, especially Donkey Kong.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman

• Vaati for Zelda
• Fawful for Mario RPG
• Paper Mario for Paper Mario
• Mona for Wario
• Tiki for Fire Emblem
• Zero/Bass for Megaman
• Lip, Hakkun for unrepped series
• Krystal for Star Fox

Last edited:

jweb22

Smash Apprentice

Wonder Red
King K Rool (Though I would hope he'd be a boss character)
Robin (FE Avatar)
Tiki (FE)
Krystal
Ray

I don't expect 2 playable characters from one 3rd party so I didn't name some favorites like Protoman, Roll, Shadow and Knuckles.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Hmm... Maybe Zoroark and Daroach? Those are some neat characters I'd like to see playable in the game, but they don't have much of a chance or reason to be. At least Zoroark will likely be a Pokeball pokemon by the looks of it.

Last edited:

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
There is only one character you can control in every Donkey Kong Country game. DK needs third rep and while K. Rool isn't very obvious (might be boss tho), Dixie seems too similar to Diddy. I really like to see Rambi as playable character, but the closest he has gotten is Trophy and a sticker in Brawl. If they made a moveset to Ivysaur why not the other four-legged animal buddy?

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know why but I can't post roster image so I'll just have to write it
Mario - Mario, Rosalina, Peach, Bowser, Luigi, Bowser Jr
Zelda - Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Ghirahim
Pokemon- Mewtwo, Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Charizard
Metroid- Samus, ZSS, Ridley
DK- DK, Diddy, KKR
Kirby- Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight
Retro- R.O.B, Takamaru, MGW, Ice Climbers
Star Fox- Fox, Falco, Wolf
3rd Part- Sonic, Megaman, Pacman
Kid Icarus- Pit and Palutena
Fire Emblem- Marth, Chrom
The rest- Yoshi, Wario, Villager, Chorus Men, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, mii, captain falcon, Ness

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I don't know why but I can't post roster image so I'll just have to write it
Mario - Mario, Rosalina, Peach, Bowser, Luigi, Bowser Jr
Zelda - Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Ghirahim
Pokemon- Mewtwo, Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Charizard
Metroid- Samus, ZSS, Ridley
DK- DK, Diddy, KKR
Kirby- Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight
Retro- R.O.B, Takamaru, MGW, Ice Climbers
Star Fox- Fox, Falco, Wolf
3rd Part- Sonic, Megaman, Pacman
Kid Icarus- Pit and Palutena
Fire Emblem- Marth, Chrom
The rest- Yoshi, Wario, Villager, Chorus Men, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, mii, captain falcon, Ness
You haven't given up on Ridley and you have Ghirahim.

I like you.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I would love it if, given that E3 is likely close to the 3DS release, that there will be just the biggest character blowout at E3.

Mewtwo, Palutena, Ridley, King K Rool, Chrom, Ghirahim, Shulk, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Wario, Krystal, Shrek, Shadow, Goku, Pacman, you name it.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I would love it if, given that E3 is likely close to the 3DS release, that there will be just the biggest character blowout at E3.

Mewtwo, Palutena, Ridley, King K Rool, Chrom, Ghirahim, Shulk, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Wario, Krystal, Shrek, Shadow, Goku, Pacman, you name it.
Oh my God, I'm so hyped for Shrek.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also, I changed my previous roster a little bit. I now has an even 54 characters, I believe.

rostertemp.PNG

Cut Nightmare and added Paper Mario and Krystal. I only added Krystal because there was literally no one else that made sense to add.

Also, I researched Krystal, it turns out she added a dynamic of sexism to Starfox that wasn't there before. She could've been a cool, progressive character in Dinosaur Planet, but nope, had to become a damsel for Fox to save just because the one of the protagonists looked like Fox. Ugh.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Also, I changed my previous roster a little bit. I now has an even 54 characters, I believe.

View attachment 12940
Cut Nightmare and added Paper Mario and Krystal. I only added Krystal because there was literally no one else that made sense to add.

Also, I researched Krystal, it turns out she added a dynamic of sexism to Starfox that wasn't there before. She could've been a cool, progressive character in Dinosaur Planet, but nope, had to become a damsel for Fox to save just because the one of the protagonists looked like Fox. Ugh.
If you cut Paper Mario, Ghirahim, Krystal, Lucina, and Snake, i would be super okay with this.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If you cut Paper Mario, Ghirahim, Krystal, Lucina, and Snake, i would be super okay with this.
So basically, if I make this roster generic like everyone else's, you would like it?
No thank you.

If you would like it without them, what does it take from you to have them?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dixie, Isaac, Pac-Man, Mii? I'd suggest Takamaru as well, but you already have a retro.

In any case, all have more going for them than Krystal...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dixie, Isaac, Pac-Man, Mii? I'd suggest Takamaru as well, but you already have a retro.

In any case, all have more going for them than Krystal...
You show know at this point that I will fight Mii and Pacman's inclusion until my last breath.
I never thought of Dixie Kong, but it's far too late for that.

I can't have Isaac if there is Shulk.

NO TWO SWORD WIELDING BLONDE RPG HEROES CAN CO-EXIST. IT IS NOT WRITTEN.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Your opinion is wrong.
You could add Black shadow instead of Krystal, or maybe another Pikmin rep on the same line. Most of those reps do have a smaller following, though.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, that's Nintendo for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom