• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Pit's Final Smash
Palutena Temple Stage
Trophy Fake Out
Newcomer Background Pattern
Also...

Sakurai bias - If you seriously think that's a con, not a pro, go look at all the Uprising content flooding into the game thus far. Her fanbase grew thanks in part due to the expectation of 1-2 Uprising newcomers, so Sakurai can add her in under the guise of popularity when her inclusion was likely never in doubt.
The Pic Leak - This is a more tentative positive, but only just. The pic hasn't been disproven in three months, which is, like, 2,160 times longer than any other photo "leak" has lasted (~90 days x 24 hours = 2,160).
The Sal Leak - The guy has a track record that speaks for itself, and will continue doing so. "He could have guessed all these characters, including WFT because 'millions' of people were online making predictions for E3" (bahaha, millions? really?) will soon become a running gag, and a cautionary tale to people looking into leaks for SSB6 not to idiotically detract for the sake of detracting. Anyhow, it, too, is a tentative positive; once the Choir Men show up, more people will come to terms with this.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
you know what I think?

I think your sense of likeliness is FALSE.
Cute.

Name any and all evidence for Palutena; I don't believe that there is much.
Well, I believe it's been mentioned already, but there's the change in Pit's Final Smash, her stage (where Sakurai referenced her without actually naming her), and the trophy fakeout. You mentioned how you don't see Pit's Final Smash change as evidence, which I think is justifiable considering how he recently had a new game, and his moves are being changed to reflect that. At the same time though, it is one less role that Palutena could appear in (and previously did appear in) that would de-confirm her. As for the trophy fakeout, it's a rather interesting situation, I think. On one hand, it could mean nothing and is just a simple prank from Sakurai. On the other hand, since Palutena is a very popular character request, and given Sakurai's very trollish nature, it's very possible that Sakurai specifically picked that trophy and showed it off the way he did to give Palutena fans a brief scare. To me, that little scene is a strong indicator that Palutena is actually in the game. It could just be teasing, but personally, I don't think so. I guess it's comparable to how you feel about Ridley's inclusion, in a way.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Ike is not a given. Marth is a given because he was confirmed. Ike has not been confirmed, and I daresay that he's not as likely as characters like Wario and Meta Knight.
You're so Jaded, baby I'm afraid of you.

I just felt bad not including them. I will cry rivers if any character is cut, even if it is a character I don't play as. I included Squirtle and Ivysaur in order not to cry because they're "deconfirmed".
Tell me What It Takes to let you go? Tell me how the pain's supposed to go?

Well its based off the leak so I can't really cut Marshall.
If Chicken Little tells you that the sky is falling, even if it wasn't, would you still come crawling back again? I bet you would my friend. Again and again and again.

So who would have a better chhance of getting in? Mewtwo, or girahim. Both are extremely requested but which has more evidence for it?
You can't catch me, 'cause the rabbit done died. Yes it did.

Uh, duh, Ghirahim.

I remember that one time at E3 where someone was interviewing Eiji Aonuma and asked him if Ghirahim would be in Smash Bros, and Sakurai stood up from the audience and said "We are thinking about it."
Love In An Elevator. Livin' it up when I'm going down.

Name any and all evidence for Palutena; I don't believe that there is much.
Loving you has got to be like the Devil and the deep blue sea. Forget about your foolish pride. Take me to the Other Side.

I mean, it hasn't been confirmed, but why would they show the home stage of a character from a series that already has a playable character, but give it to a speculated newcomer?
Janie's Got a Gun. The whole world's come undone...

There isn't a limit; and if there was a limit, it would be, at the very least, seven.
Sing with me, if just for today. Maybe tomorrow the good Lord'll take you away.

Mewtwo may be more way more likely but ghirahim is way more fabulous
Yeah. Yeah. Dude Looks Like a Lady.

The Sal Leak - The guy has a track record that speaks for itself, and will continue doing so. "He could have guessed all these characters, including WFT because 'millions' of people were online making predictions for E3" (bahaha, millions? really?) will soon become a running gag, and a cautionary tale to people looking into leaks for SSB6 not to idiotically detract for the sake of detracting. Anyhow, it, too, is a tentative positive; once the Choir Men show up, more people will come to terms with this.
So I took a big chance at the high school dance with a missy who was ready to play. It was me she was foolin', 'cause she knew what she was doing when she told me how to Walk This Way.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I know the "disappointed" thread is locked, but it got me thinking...

One thing I don't like is that I'm not nearly as hyped for these characters as I was for the characters in Brawl. And I don't feel as though these characters are "Nintendo All-Stars", with some exceptions.

I was SO frickin' hyped for Meta Knight, ZSS, Wario, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Sonic, Dedede, FRICKIN' OLIMAR, R.O.B., Toon Link. And they all felt like All-Stars in their own way. But now, from the revealed newcomers and the Sal leaks, I'm only really hyped for Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Greninja, maybe Chorus Kids too. And none of them feel like Nintendo All-Stars except for Villager and Little Mac. :/

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

One thing I don't like is that I'm not nearly as hyped for these characters as I was for the characters in Brawl. And I don't feel as though these characters are "Nintendo All-Stars", with some exceptions.

I was SO frickin' hyped for Meta Knight, ZSS, Wario, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Sonic, Dedede, FRICKIN' OLIMAR, R.O.B., Toon Link. And they all felt like All-Stars in their own way. But now, from the revealed newcomers and the Sal leaks, I'm only really hyped for Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Greninja, maybe Chorus Kids too. And none of them feel like Nintendo All-Stars except for Villager and Little Mac. :/
I understand that this is your opinion and this is a good way to create a discussion so here we go, I actually somewhat agree with you especially about Villager hype.
However, what you consider an "All-Star" doesn't mean someone else will think of *insert character here* is as well. It's subjective really, well in my opinion. I too, was more excited for the Brawl Newcomers compared to the newcomers for this installment. Now, I'm not saying I'm not hyped for the newcomers now because I like them all in their own way. I think part of the reason for why we might not see as many All-Stars this time is simply because most are already in the game. There's not too many other All-Stars to add so the roster will start opening up a little more to lessor known characters. In my honest opinion, the only All-Stars really added so far were Villager and maybe Little Mac. But this is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I just want Mewtwo back.

At this rate i ask for nothing more or less

Well him reworked and buffed along with ganondorf would be what i really want and i hope G&W is good or better and Samus is alot better than she was in brawl thats what i really want.

Actually....what i REALLY want is Ridley....but ofc thats asking for to much/the impossible.....(-_-)

Everyone enjoy there new 1-3 Characters

Can i get a Veteran back?

Too much to ask?× To greedy?

Edit: RealTalk

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

I actually agree; I am also a huge fan of Rosalina and Greninja, but I wasn't necessarily "hype" about their inclusions. I just felt... relieved? Or something to that extent. Little Mac was the only newcomer that I was actually hyped about, he was the character that reminded me about my adoration for everything Nintendo; I felt as though this game was going to be better than I originally anticipated.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I actually agree; I am also a huge fan of Rosalina and Greninja, but I wasn't necessarily "hype" about their inclusions. I just felt... relieved? Or something to that extent. Little Mac was the only newcomer that I was actually hyped about, he was the character that reminded me about my adoration for everything Nintendo; I felt as though this game was going to be better than I originally anticipated.
The Little Mac trailer was even more hype than the direct IMO.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Greninja actually made me pretty hyped.

Wasn't a fan of Little Mac and Punch-Out, but I wanted him in the game and was also hyped for him.

I was also excited for the others, but not as much. I hope Rosalina is fun to play as. Still a little sad that she got in over Toad.

----

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Question, who would be the one character that would redeem an otherwise terrible roster for you? (Likelihood of the character doesn't matter.)

If you have to ask for mine, I'll shoot you.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430

Hm... Let me tell a story. When Brawl came out, I was twelve. I had never played any of the source material, except Mario, LoZ, Pokemon and Pikmin. Everyone else was sort of extras in my eyes (extras I liked playing, albeit, but still extras). I hit my stride in gaming as a teenager, started really playing more games. The characters I see as nintendo all stars are therefore from games that I've managed to play over those years. Palutena, Shulk, Chrom/Robin, Neku (come on that was the biggest non-pokemon DS game!), Saki/Isa (RIP), etc. The whole all star thing is incredibly subjective.

D

Deleted member

Question, who would be the one character that would redeem an otherwise terrible roster for you? (Likelihood of the character doesn't matter.)

Can I say Mega Man since that was my most wanted character?

Morbi

Scavenger
Question, who would be the one character that would redeem an otherwise terrible roster for you?

Who would be the ONE character that would redeem an otherwise terrible roster for you?

In all seriousness; I already have that character, Little Mac. If we are alluding to newcomers, the one character that would redeem even the most repugnant roster would be.....

Black Shadow

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Hm... Let me tell a story. When Brawl came out, I was twelve. I had never played any of the source material, except Mario, LoZ, Pokemon and Pikmin. Everyone else was sort of extras in my eyes (extras I liked playing, albeit, but still extras). I hit my stride in gaming as a teenager, started really playing more games. The characters I see as nintendo all stars are therefore from games that I've managed to play over those years. Palutena, Shulk, Chrom/Robin, Neku (come on that was the biggest non-pokemon DS game!), Saki/Isa (RIP), etc. The whole all star thing is incredibly subjective.
Then I guess that's my problem, I've been a really bad gamer for the past few years, LOL. That's probably why characters like Palutena, Shulk, and Chrom seem bland to me.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

DA BLUE BOMBAH

(sorry Ridley, but I love me some Mega Man)

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

It's risky, as I didn't choose Mewtwo or Ridley, but...

Either him or (a generic?) Sceptile.
----

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Mewtwo. No question. I'd be disappointed if other characters I thought should have been on the roster miss out, but just having Mewtwo would make me quite satisfied with the game.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

Edit: Likelihood doesn't matter? Big boss it is, then.

Naked Snake has a much better personality than solid, and chomping down on opponents instead of snapping necks would be 11/10

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Homura Akemi or Phoenix Wright.

tbh i really don't care about who gets in though, there will always be a character I enjoy playing.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Ridley and/or King Boo.
And if I can go really crazy since likelihood isn't concerned Godzilla, King Ghidorah or a Xenomorph.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Even though it will never happen, Rayman.

Last edited:

jweb22

Smash Apprentice

For me it would obviously be Isaac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom