• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Eh I'm not sure where to post this since the Leaks/Rumors Thread is gone. So if someone could guide me to the correct spot then that'll be great. I saw this not too long ago and I haven't seen any discussion about it so here you go:
https://twitter.com/SmashLeaks1
Leaked video of the "Choir Boy" and other screens w

EDIT: Not saying these are real either. I'm a little weary.
Ok wow, if those leaks are true does that mean palutena is confirmed cuz of that similar leak?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Eh I'm not sure where to post this since the Leaks/Rumors Thread is gone. So if someone could guide me to the correct spot then that'll be great. I saw this not too long ago and I haven't seen any discussion about it so here you go:
https://twitter.com/SmashLeaks1
Leaked video of the "Choir Boy" and other screens with unconfirmed veterans.

EDIT: Not saying these are real either. I'm a little weary.
Well, that... unsettling. Though at the same time, the model is surprisingly basic in terms of animation, and they chose a very simplistic stage for the set up.

I'm not sure about that just yet.

Edit: Never mind, just looked at the rest of those pictures. Totally fake.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Its not a discussion its a blatant fact that Wolf is more important, have you even religiously beat all the star fox's or explored the lore? Yeah I dont think so.
Have you played ANY Star Fox games? Because I'm beginning to question that. I think you're just a bias fan of Wolf, because the fact that Wolf isn't even CLOSE to the importance of Falco is so obvious that no person who is a fan of Star Fox like you claim to be should have trouble seeing that.

And you're right, this isn't a discussion.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Yes; you are inherently wrong. You are allowing an individual to influence your perspective on an entire group of people. That isn't fair, it is fallacious.

Only because you asked! :substitute:
Care to elaborate, or just toss a lot of tri-syllable vocabulary at me without an explanation?
My main points only 2? What about the developer what bout the red and blue flames. the red and blue on final destination basing off soul caliber and Llyod was in soul caliber. Soul caliber developer and tales of developer is working on Ssb. Hmm maybe ur right it's not that long it's just discussing with miffia seemed pretty long which I greatly apologize.
I said those are the main points of any significance I saw. The Final Destination design is a little odd, I admit, but it doesn't scream anything about Lloyd in particular, only that influence from those series seem to affect aesthetics in Smash. Directors putting a visual nod in the game versus nodding towards a character in specific.

Morbi

Scavenger
Have you played ANY Star Fox games? Because I'm beginning to question that. I think you're just a bias fan of Wolf, because the fact that Wolf isn't even CLOSE to the importance of Falco is so obvious that no person who is a fan of Star Fox like you claim to be should have trouble seeing that.

Importance is relative; subjective, a matter of opinion. Obviously there is a blatant difference in prominence when comparing certain characters against others, but Falco and Wolf are fairly equivalent. It isn't as though one is dramatically more important than the other.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
That picture says that 3D World is in its Final Destination form. Yet it has platforms, you can see Pit's shadow under the middle one. It's fake.
There spending a lot of time to fool people lol.
Care to elaborate, or just toss a lot of tri-syllable vocabulary at me without an explanation?

I said those are the main points of any significance I saw. The Final Destination design is a little odd, I admit, but it doesn't scream anything about Lloyd in particular, only that influence from those series seem to affect aesthetics in Smash. Directors putting a visual nod in the game versus nodding towards a character in specific.
Don't worry zero suit samus. Enlightened me about that topic. So lets not continue.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I find it ironic that everyone points out Funky should be a clone. Which I don't entirely deny. Yet, nobody says anything about Krystal and becomes confused when she's referred to as one. :p

Logic much?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Importance is relative; subjective, a matter of opinion. Obviously there is a blatant difference in prominence when comparing certain characters against others, but Falco and Wolf are fairly equivalent. It isn't as though one is dramatically more important than the other.
Exactly, which is why we either get both, or we get neither.

Probably both.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hey, here's a question. Say we get a Mother reveal. Who'd it be first? Ness or Lucas?
Actually, if Lucas is in the game still, I think he might get revealed first, while Ness would remain in his role as a secret character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Exactly, which is why we either get both, or we get neither.

Probably both.
Wolf is not even close to the point where he rivals Falco and is essential. @ Kenith Kenith , Wolf was a low priority character who's been absent before while Falco wasn't and he's a third Fox fighter. He can easily be left out with Falco kept in.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
However falco was in melee and wolf wasn't. Therefore falco has a higher priority.
But at the same time, Jigglypuff was low priority for Brawl, by the looks of it. So seniority doesn't always translate into priority.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
TumblrFamous = zero suit samus

In my eyes *_*

Cuz zero suit samus is awesome.
This must be extremely awkward for TumblrFamous....

Wolf is not even close to the point where he rivals Falco and is essential. @ Kenith Kenith , Wolf was a low priority character who's been absent before while Falco wasn't and he's a third Fox fighter. He can easily be left out with Falco kept in.
He might get left out, but it wouldn't be "easily".

MagnesD3

Smash Master

All you did was use what I said and repeated it, I dont feel like repeating myself so.. ignored...

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
But at the same time, Jigglypuff was low priority for Brawl, by the looks of it. So seniority doesn't always translate into priority.
I totally agree your spot on, I'm just replying to that one user mindset about falco and wolf being the same priority. I was only correcting him.

Morbi

Scavenger

I honestly don't remember; it is there (in my response) though, you were indicating that you were allowing an individual to influence your perceptions of an entire group of people... which is inherently fallacious based on the notion that it is quite literally a logical fallacy (hasty generalization). You asked if you were being fair, to which I responded, "absolutely not." Why? Because you were utilizing a preconceived opinions, or something to that effect.

Just to clarify, I was mostly joking (I alluded to that with the adorable substitution emote); I am only elaborating upon your request.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
And you know nothing about starfox if you say that. Btw this is coming from someone who knows his crud when it comes to starfox.
Except, I see sakurai doing what he thinks is best for smash bros, not who is more popular (falco or wolf) within a given series itself.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
@SaturnGamer64

If I may ask you a question regarding your roster... For what purpose are you cutting Wolf? I know that you've already established that you don't think he's necessary as a character, but at the same time, when you're adding clone characters like Louie in, I have to wonder why you don't just bother keeping the workable veteran in instead of adding more clones.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Except, I see sakurai doing what he thinks is best for smash bros, not who is more popular (falco or wolf) within a given series itself.
Oh I think falco has a better shot of coming back due to his popularity built from smash since he was in melee and was good. Wolf was thought to look too much like fox in melee so sakurai chose falco, falco has been more popular and known ever since regardless of their importantness.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, either Falco or Wolf should be starters this time instead of being unlockable/secret.

Morbi

Scavenger
I find it ironic that everyone points out Funky should be a clone. Which I don't entirely deny. Yet, nobody says anything about Krystal and becomes confused when she's referred to as one. :p

Logic much?
That seems entirely antithetical as it is established that you believe that Krystal will be a clone whilst entirely denying that she does have the ability to be a unique character. Unless you do; which is certainly not readily apparent or overt.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Everybody knows the true reveal of a Starfox rep.

Peppy :troll:

D

Deleted member

Im hoping we have Krystal as an unlockable but im not holding my breath.
It isn't just that but I kinda think its sort of weird for Fox to be by himself in the starting roster.

While it is pointless, Assault's multiplayer had Wolf unlockable & Falco a starter...I think its better that way, don't you think?

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Hey! I also had a Zero Suit Samus avatar, and I'm a guy! Just stop making fun of TumblrFamous
I just like zero suit samus in this Ssb it's awesome that she's her own char. Btw I don't look into gender nor do I care lol. Jokes man. Just jokes.

Eh, I can see Falco be cut out instead of Wolf as easily as Wolf being cut instead of Falco. But, let's just hope both of them return.
Lol nice way of rephrasing it. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
It isn't just that but I kinda think its sort of weird for Fox to be by himself in the starting roster.

While it is pointless, Assault's multiplayer had Wolf unlockable & Falco a starter...I think its better that way, don't you think?
It honestly isn't weird to me as Fox is always by himself on the starting roster.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That seems entirely antithetical as it is established that you believe that Krystal will be a clone whilst entirely denying that she does have the ability to be a unique character. Unless you do; which is certainly not readily apparent or overt.
Every character can be a unique character. They need a GOOD reason to be exempt from not replicating another characer's move set. I think Funky and Mach Rider have good reasons to be exempt. I do not believe "cuz it's unique" is a good reason.

Morbi

Scavenger
Every character can be a unique character. They need a GOOD reason to be exempt from not replicating another characer's move set. I think Funky and Mach Rider have good reasons to be exempt. I do not believe "cuz it's unique" is a good reason.
Well thank you for the clarification; although the even better reason, one that you never seem to address, is that Sakurai wouldn't blatantly disregard the source material that is pertinent to her requests. The reason why anyone wants her; the only reason people ask for her.

I do agree with you to an extent, she probably isn't going to be playable, and your reasoning is actually plausible. But IF IF IF IF she was playable, I don't see why he wouldn't give her the staff. That is a difficult concept for me to fathom personally; I would honestly interpret it as incompetence or negligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom