• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm talking about how can he be distinct from the rest of the cast his just sphere lol with legs and arms.

I don't want Pac-Man myself, but you're really making us look bad if you're not even using good points for him to not be here...

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I know were lloyd is oringaly from only because i heed his name a few times and had to actually look him up because i had no clue who he was. I'm just saying that if Namco gets someone more chance of it being pac man then Lloyd.
Yes that's if Namco is allowed to choose their char. lol sakurai is the boss.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
It's been posted here and in the social thread(which would have been more appropriate) several times now and the general consensus is that it's fake.

Also, you can't post in the rumours thread because it was locked.
could i have a link or some way to find the reasons why its fake?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
the reasons include wario is from brawl and Gannondorf pic is taken from twlight princess were two i can remember
Yes that's if Namco is allowed to choose their char. lol sakurai is the boss.
I think we will see i just cant see him adding a non iconic 3rd party.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
the reasons include wario is from brawl and Gannondorf pic is taken from twlight princess were two i can remember

I think we will see i just cant see him adding a non iconic 3rd party.
thanks i have to tell someone (aka the people who think its real)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Too few characters(same number as Brawl), Wario's art is taken from a pose he does in Brawl, Ness's art looks like that fake Ness leak that came out a while ago. There was more I think, but as @Gune said, it's been discussed here already literally like no more than 3 pages or so ago.

It was brought up here and I think in other places in that same thread.

TheUnsullied

Smash Apprentice
Even though it's unlikely, I can honestly see them adding a Soul-Calibur character. I know Sakurai has said that there is no conventional "fighting" character in the game but you just can't trust this man anymore.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Have u read the comments in the past lol. I posted that too and they

I don't want Pac-Man myself, but you're really making us look bad if you're not even using good points for him to not be here...
Gawd read my very first comment on PAC man and Lloyd. I'm not saying te same thing over and over lol.

Btw, for Lloyd
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_to_see_in_super_smash_bros_on_wii_u_and_3ds

Just skip to Lloyd paragraph.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Too few characters(same number as Brawl), Wario's art is taken from a pose he does in Brawl, Ness's art looks like that fake Ness leak that came out a while ago. There was more I think, but as @Gune said, it's been discussed here already literally like no more than 3 pages or so ago.

It was brought up here and I think in other places in that same thread.
Not only that, but the Chrom picture irked me, so I googled pics of Chrom. His art in that leak is taken from his concept art, and then colored in. It's really well done, but it's real fake.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Gawd read my very first comment on PAC man and Lloyd. I'm not saying te same thing over and over lol.

Btw, for Lloyd
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_to_see_in_super_smash_bros_on_wii_u_and_3ds

Just skip to Lloyd paragraph.
Or, you could argue your point if you expect people to ever agree with you. Hell, you could even quote your post so nobody has to look for anything they might not agree with.

As for Lloyd, there's literally nothing distinct about him other than that one of his directors would like to see him in Smash Bros. Aside from Hideki Kamiya who's tired of seeing requests for Bayonetta, I don't think a director would seriously ever say they don't want a character in Smash Bros. Who wouldn't want one of their own characters in Smash Bros.? Hell, Edmund McMillen wants Meat Boy in Smash Bros. I guess that gives Meat Boy an edge too.

If you want to not like Pac-Man, that's fine. I don't either, I know how you feel. Don't argue he doesn't stand a chance over the rest of the Namco reps though, because that is bullcrap and you know it. He's likely and we just have to put up with that.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Or, you could argue your point if you expect people to ever agree with you. Hell, you could even quote your post so nobody has to look for anything they might not agree with.

As for Lloyd, there's literally nothing distinct about him other than that one of his directors would like to see him in Smash Bros. Aside from Hideki Kamiya who's tired of seeing requests for Bayonetta, I don't think a director would seriously ever say they don't want a character in Smash Bros. Who wouldn't want one of their own characters in Smash Bros.? Hell, Edmund McMillen wants Meat Boy in Smash Bros. I guess that gives Meat Boy an edge too.

If you want to not like Pac-Man, that's fine. I don't either, I know how you feel. Don't argue he doesn't stand a chance over the rest of the Namco reps though, because that is bullcrap and you know it. He's likely and we just have to put up with that.
LOL his likely I know, but IMO Lloyd is more likely and have already stated all my reasons. I feel like u haven't read what I said. Btw "tales of" developer is helping making the next Ssb iirc. So it's not like Edmund McMillan char will be in cuz his not even helping out on developing Ssb.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
LOL his likely I know, but IMO Lloyd is more likely and have already stated all my reasons. I feel like u haven't read what I said. Btw "tales of" developer is helping making the next Ssb iirc. So it's not like Edmund McMillan char will be in cuz his not even helping out on developing Ssb.
Stating them once and never again shows you're either too afraid of seeing them debunked or too lazy to bother with it, in either case, why on earth should anyone take your word on something even you don't have the motivation to say more than once?

There's otherwise plenty more to say Pac-Man is more likely, like the Galaga item and the Sal leak. What does Lloyd have beyond "My director would like to see me in Smash Bros."?

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Stating them once and never again shows you're either too afraid of seeing them debunked or too lazy to bother with it, in either case, why on earth should anyone take your word on something even you don't have the motivation to say more than once?

There's otherwise plenty more to say Pac-Man is more likely, like the Galaga item and the Sal leak. What does Lloyd have beyond "My director would like to see me in Smash Bros."?
Right now I'm on my iPhone waiting for my driver licsense long line and what I've stated for my reasons Is really long on one of the post. That's why i said to go look that up just on the previous page or 2 away. I would've just copy and pasted then. Which is difficult on the iPhone.

And I don't get what your saying on the last part could u repeat that? About the director.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Right now I'm on my iPhone waiting for my driver licsense long line and what I've stated for my reasons Is really long on one of the post. That's why i said to go look that up just on the previous page or 2 away. I would've just copy and pasted then. Which is difficult on the iPhone.

And I don't get what your saying on the last part could u repeat that? About the director.
I checked the last 3 pages, and there's nothing even longer than a paragraph. Whatever you said can't possibly be that long that you can't bother to say it again unless you're really that lazy. Starting an argument over your phone is your burden, by the way. You wanted to say something that discredits the most likely other 3rd-party character at this point for the wrong reasons via your phone? People will poke at you over it and you're stuck with debating over it. Handicaps aren't a reason to argue with less than valid points.

And I'm saying that you are saying that the Tales of Symphonia director working on this iteration of Smash Bros. wants Lloyd in Smash Bros. We already all know that. That's a plus to his chances. What I am asking you is what else is there as evidence that Lloyd is more likely than Pac-Man? Because I can tell you now, it's going to be hard to beat Pac-Man when he's a part of the credible Sal leak and has an item/assist trophy already in the form of Galaga spaceships.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I checked the last 3 pages, and there's nothing even longer than a paragraph. Whatever you said can't possibly be that long that you can't bother to say it again unless you're really that lazy. Starting an argument over your phone is your burden, by the way. You wanted to say something that discredits the most likely other 3rd-party character at this point for the wrong reasons via your phone? People will poke at you over it and you're stuck with debating over it. Handicaps aren't a reason to argue with less than valid points.

And I'm saying that you are saying that the Tales of Symphonia director working on this iteration of Smash Bros. wants Lloyd in Smash Bros. We already all know that. That's a plus to his chances. What I am asking you is what else is there as evidence that Lloyd is more likely than Pac-Man? Because I can tell you now, it's going to be hard to beat Pac-Man when he's a part of the credible Sal leak and has an item/assist trophy already in the form of Galaga spaceships.

Read page 547 to page 548 I was discussing this mainly with miffia (in blue letters) sorry if I spelled that wrong. Reading miffia and my comments. Then ask me

And u even replied to my comment agreeing about u not wanting to see PAC man either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not directly related to Smash...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/22/mario-golf-world-tour-getting-dlc-and-season-pass

Season Pass of DLC for Mario Golf 3DS. Adds extra characters and courses. Gives me more hope that the same can be done with Smash.
Though they'll cost £5.39 if purchased individually from Toad's Booth, all three can be purchased for £10.79. Doing this also nets you the Gold Mario character, whose special Golden Flower shot enables him to gain coins for every yard he makes the ball travel. He'll also be available separately once all the other DLC packs are out.
What, so Metal Mario is no longer special? They gotta make another metallic power-up into their own individual?

EDIT: And he even copies Metal Mario's artwork!

All we need now is Shadow Mario to make a comeback after Toadstool Tour to be rendered in the same pose. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman

I discussed it with miffia just a page ago (on page 547 only will take u 5 minutes just to read both of our comments)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
We still do not have our new heavyweight.

Will it be King K. Rool, Ridley, Mach Rider strapped onto his bike, another choice, or more than one new heavyweight? Or sadly no new heavyweight?

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I discussed it with miffia just a page ago (on page 547 only will take u 5 minutes just to read both of our comments)
Not even 5 minutes. Seriously, this is the long post you're talking about? You've wasted more time just saying you won't repeat it or quote it when you could have typed the gist of that in a minute.

They still tell me nothing I don't already know. Your main points come down to "He's popular in Japan" and "He's more likely than Pac-Man". Literally, that's all there is to be dug up. How about you get off your high-horse and just lay out your main points again? Right now you are making anti-Pac-Man advocators look bad.

Seriously, somebody tell me if I'm wrong. I'm trying as hard as I can to be fair about this. Hell, that's why I'm even defending Pac-Man in the first place.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
We still do not have our new heavyweight.

Will it be King K. Rool, Ridley, Mach Rider strapped onto his bike, another choice, or more than one new heavyweight? Or sadly no new heavyweight?
"Bowser's F-Smash is your new heavyweight." :troll:

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Not even 5 minutes. Seriously, this is the long post you're talking about? You've wasted more time just saying you won't repeat it or quote it when you could have typed the gist of that in a minute.

They still tell me nothing I don't already know. Your main points come down to "He's popular in Japan" and "He's more likely than Pac-Man". Literally, that's all there is to be dug up. How about you get off your high-horse and just lay out your main points again? Right now you are making anti-Pac-Man advocators look bad.

Seriously, somebody tell me if I'm wrong. I'm trying as hard as I can to be fair about this. Hell, that's why I'm even defending Pac-Man in the first place.
My main points only 2? What about the developer what bout the red and blue flames. the red and blue on final destination basing off soul caliber and Llyod was in soul caliber. Soul caliber developer and tales of developer is working on Ssb. Hmm maybe ur right it's not that long it's just discussing with miffia seemed pretty long which I greatly apologize.

Also I meant to put 5 seconds.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Yes; you are inherently wrong. You are allowing an individual to influence your perspective on an entire group of people. That isn't fair, it is fallacious.

Only because you asked! :substitute:

My main points only 2? What about the developer what bout the red and blue flames. the red and blue on final destination basing off soul caliber and Llyod was in soul caliber. Soul caliber developer and tales of developer is working on Ssb. Hmm maybe ur right it's not that long it's just discussing with miffia seemed pretty long which I greatly apologize.

It is honestly a good point; it is something to at the very least consider. That being said, Pac-Man seems entirely more likely just based on his staggering merit.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
"Bowser's F-Smash is your new heavyweight." :troll:
Well there's still wario an ganondorf left for the heavyweights and then charzard.

Oops wrong person I replied to. lol

Oh ye and King dede lol

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

You do realize the red and blue on Final Destination is a reference to the red and blue for the game itself, right? How 3DS is red and Wii U is blue? How dare Smash use two popular colors that is based off of every other video game/movie reference in the world! And how does NAMCO working on the game have any influence on Lloyd appearing? Sakurai said no special treatment, so characters will get in on their own merits. And Pac-Man has more merits than Lloyd.

And when did Sakurai say he can't see Pac-Man in the game? I'd love a link to that.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Edit: And I'm being an idiot again.
I'm just not having a good day today...

(Who knew Lloyd was in Soul Caliber. Still a bit of a stretch in terms of SSB4 though.)

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
You do realize the red and blue on Final Destination is a reference to the red and blue for the game itself, right? How 3DS is red and Wii U is blue? How dare Smash use two popular colors that is based off of every other video game/movie reference in the world! And how does NAMCO working on the game have any influence on Lloyd appearing? Sakurai said no special treatment, so characters will get in on their own merits. And Pac-Man has more merits than Lloyd.

And when did Sakurai say he can't see Pac-Man in the game? I'd love a link to that.

Ur right I interpreted tha way cuz his wondering how his final smash would be. Man U are awesome so far all ur comments I come to agree with. Zero suit samus ftw. :D

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My main points only 2? What about the developer what bout the red and blue flames.

What?

the red and blue on final destination basing off soul caliber
Or it's just based on the two colors based on the colors of the two Smash games.

Or it's all coincidence cause red and blue are very common colors.

Llyod was in soul caliber. Soul caliber developer and tales of developer is working on Ssb.
Wouldn't that "help" a Soul Caliber character more than Lloyd?

Regardless, the Tekken team is working on it too. Does that affect anything or is the Soul Caliber team "special?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom