• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Does anyone else think that the Balloon Fight stage heavily hints at ROB returning? His stage in Brawl was an NES inspired stage and now we have another NES inspired stage.

Also I think the roster is going to be the following
either:
Cut: Squirtal, Ivysaur.
Newcomers: Sal leak + King K Rool

or:
Cut: Squirtal, Ivysaur, Snake
Newcomers: Sal leak + King K Rool + Takamaru

I don't think Mewtwo is back either.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Was going to? Darn, I had this whipped up just for the occasion.

View attachment 12802

Next time, we can just settle with this and move on with the rest of our lives.
That is pretty much the best thing ever, but I can't allow it here.

Move it please.

Does anyone else think that the Balloon Fight stage heavily hints at ROB returning? His stage in Brawl was an NES inspired stage and now we have another NES inspired stage..
It may be the Ice Climbers' stage as well.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Thursday is the Japanese release of NES Remix 1+2.
Ooooh. Then yeah, that sounds to be a pretty good day for Ice Climbers to appear.

Assuming they're even finished yet, anyway. Characters are often revealed alongside promotions, but I feel like people sometimes forget that they have to be finished first before they're shown. Kind of why we got nothing on the release of Pokemon X and Y way back when.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Keeping my expectations low considering how release dates don't guarantee a reveal, along with how we got a ton of veteran reveals (plus a newcomer) in the Direct. Otherwise it's quite possible that the Ice Climbers will be revealed soon.

EDIT: I wouldn't think the Climbers would take THIS long to be finished, but it's still possible that they haven't been developed enough to be shown.

Last edited:

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Thursday I would care about, if I even owned a Wii U...
Alrighty... now, lets play a sort of game... state the wildest newcomer you can think of that could actually be valid!

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Thursday I would care about, if I even owned a Wii U...
Alrighty... now, lets play a sort of game... state the wildest newcomer you can think of that could actually be valid!
Black Shadow. There would be utter silence for days on end.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Considering Ice Climber isn't even in NES Remix 2, I'd think we would get R.O.B. if anything, since he is the general NES rep in a way.

Then we can enjoy the faces of all the people who thought he would be cut.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Considering Ice Climber isn't even in NES Remix 2, I'd think we would get R.O.B. if anything, since he is the general NES rep in a way.

I belive in Japan its both nes remix 1 and 2 on 1 disc so ice climvers have a shot on Thursday if ROB returns i can see him unlock able again.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Actually, to be honest, considering just how little ROB's chances of being cut is, due to how historically important he is, I'd rather he remain unveiled pre-release and kept as an unlockable character considering there won't be anything notable to discuss regarding ROB's hypothetical reveal.

Rather, I would want to see Ike, Lucas or Wolf be revealed.

D

Deleted member

After rewatching the Smash Direct, I am now thinking...

Which enemy (or enemies) from the Sonic franchise would be the most ideal to be included in Smash Run ?

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
that also beats Zelda we have one rep for it with the trainer and the mii can still happen there is no one else who can really rep it.

Technically there are options still...

I guess the majority could be covered by Mii though.

Which enemy (or enemies) from the Sonic franchise would be the most ideal to be included in Smash Run ?
Money's on Egg Pawn for me.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Technically there are options still...

I guess the majority could be covered by Mii though.
i don't think nintendoland is part of the wii games and the wii party guy ain't getting in unless sakurai wants another off the wall fighter,

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
I would love Black Shadow but F-zero doesn't need a second rep unfortunately the series has been calm for too long....
See Starfox fanboys that wasn't so hard to admit now was it.:chuckle:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Some of the G.U.N. enemies from Sonic Adventure 2 or Eggman's robots, maybe some of Dark Gaia's forces from Sonic Unleashed. NO GUN ENEMIES FROM SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG THOUGH! You'd have to pay extra for that

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Some of the G.U.N. enemies from Sonic Adventure 2 or Eggman's robots, maybe some of Dark Gaia's forces from Sonic Unleashed.
I would think Egg Pawns and Badniks.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think the Ice Climbers have a decent chance of being shown. I feel pretty confident, yet still skeptical. I just don;t want to look like an ass if I say over and over again "Ice Climbers Thursday!" But I haven't felt this confident about a character in March, but I feel good now.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I wouldn't expect any veterans for the rest of this month honestly. Not even new content considering the way this week's been so far *cough* :rolleyes:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
You guys should be less greedy. We got five characters this month. Give the man a break.

Anyway, here's a thing.
Ideal Smashboards Roster Roster.png

Exclamation marks are random characters, pick who you want that fits there. We'll construct the roster together, as a group. So, tell me what you think goes where, and we'll do DK reps today.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
You guys should be less greedy. We got five characters this month. Give the man a break.

Anyway, here's a thing.
View attachment 12811
Exclamation marks are random characters, pick who you want that fits there. We'll construct the roster together, as a group. So, tell me what you think goes where, and we'll do DK reps today.
No spot for Palutena next to Pit. Try again.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman

Anyway, here's a thing.
View attachment 12811
Those four char should've been shown for the past 4 empty months. lol what im trying to say besides joke is sakurai could've shown most of the char by now instead waits for special event like Nintendo direct. For ex: if Nintendo direct or e3 direct didn't exist then he would slowly entertain us with a char almost every 3-5 weeks.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Those four char should've been shown for the past 4 empty months. lol what im trying to say besides joke is sakurai could've shown most of the char by now instead waits for special event like Nintendo direct. For ex: if Nintendo direct or e3 direct didn't exist then he would slowly entertain us with a char almost every 3-5 weeks.
"Should've" is such bull****. In another persons view, Germany "should've" won WW2, but it's still wrong.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
But then we wouldn't have gotten the trolling right before ZSS's reveal!
:troll:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
"Should've" is such bull****. In another persons view, Germany "should've" won WW2, but it's still wrong.
LOL do u not read the "jokes aside" and my "lol". Man do I have to add "IMO" in every comment I say. Ok maybe I should. lol. But seriously though I forgot to add IMO. U see what I just did there.

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Welcome to SmashBoards
StarFox is a pretty good franchise to begin with, but not as big-shot, so doesn't need to match the number of Mario reps. As long as their rep counter is less than that of Mario, there's no problem
As long as that wannebe Slade Wilson gets cut for a more unique character and Falco gets an airwing i'm fine i guess.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
LOL do u not read the "jokes aside" and my "lol". Man do I have to add "IMO" in every comment I say. Ok maybe I should. lol. But seriously though I forgot to add IMO. U see what I just did there.
My... eyes... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom