• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Lets try mother day then shall we?
Yeah, but that day Lucus would be revealed since it's called "Mother". Ness would be revealed tomorrow since it's Earth Day and the game is called "Earthbound". :troll:

Earth day is a world wide event/celebration, so yes. Japan does celebrate Earth Day.
Glad to know that :colorful:

Just as an idea, for my 1000th post I wrote up a ridiculously long post about the chances of a certain underrated character I support.
Where can I find this?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, honestly I don't think the DK series has as much notoriety as you guys think it does. By having DK and Diddy in the game you already represent the core of the series very well and reflects well on where the game stands in people's minds today. The reason I'm not opposed to King K Rool is because I feel like the roster could use more villains. But adding Dixie or Cranky would just be overkill imo. That's just too many monkeys.

As for the mother series, I feel like Ness represents the core of the series very well already. I was extremely opposed to Lucas' addition to the roster back in the day but he ended up being my main (Oh the irony..)
Donkey Kong sells better than Zelda....

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Donkey Kong is Nintendo's best selling series after Mario, Pokemon and Zelda, and if Starfox can get three characters so can Donkey Kong.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Do we really think we'll get a reveal tomorrow? Personally, I'd love to see Lucas on Mother's Day. For those that played Mother 3, you all know the irony.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well Mother's Day is on a Sunday, and I can't see Sakurai making an exception for his "weekdays only" posting. I'd sure love to see Ness tomorrow though...

TheUnsullied

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong is Nintendo's best selling series after Mario, Pokemon and Zelda, and if Starfox can get three characters so can Donkey Kong.
Nice wording. Donkey Kong is Nintendo's best selling series right after Mario, Pokémon, and Zelda.

But anyways, all I'm trying to get at here is that some series --no matter how successful they are-- only have so many characters to offer before they start scraping the bottom of the barrel.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh man, now I'll be so upset if there is no reveal tomorrow.
Expect to be disappointed.
Because Mother's day is the day to be expecting MOTHER characters. I am hopeful for the Ice Climbers this coming thursday though.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Nice wording. Donkey Kong is Nintendo's best selling series right after Mario, Pokémon, and Zelda.

But anyways, all I'm trying to get at here is that some series --no matter how successful they are-- only have so many characters to offer before they start scraping the bottom of the barrel.
True. But I think Donkey Kong still has a couple of characters to go before it starts scraping from the bottom of the barrel.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe one day.... We can have a Fatal Frame character in smash...

D

Deleted member

Looking at the source material, I don't understand how anyone could want a Fatal Frame character.....

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looking at the source material, I don't understand how anyone could want a Fatal Frame character.....
I don't understand how anyone can want the Shake King.

What's wrong with Fatal Frame?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Donkey Kong is definitely big enough to warrant two characters; Dixie and K.Rool. Other than that, however... I don't know...

The characters from DK 64 don't seem notable enough (despite appearing in some other games), and Funky Kong would feel too odd and out of left-field, like he was in Mario Kart Wii.
That could be a good thing, though, as I didn't mind Funky in Mario Kart.

K.Rool and Dixie should always come first before any other DK characters.

Than again, I thought Toad should come before Rosalina...

---

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't understand how anyone can want the Shake King.

What's wrong with Fatal Frame?
It's a franchise that deals heavily with the ancient tradition of ritualistic strangulation.
Pretty dark subject material (and that's not even getting to the horror aspects).

That is what I'm getting at; no need to get your knickers in a twist as if I'm making a personal attack.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's a franchise that deals heavily with the ancient tradition of ritualistic strangulation.
Pretty dark subject material (and that's not even getting to the horror aspects).

That is what I'm getting at; no need to get your knickers in a twist as if I'm making a personal attack.
HOW DARE YOU NOT LOVE WHAT I LOVE?!?!

ARE YOU SAYING THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH STRANGULATION?!?

THAT **** IS HO-

Oh wait... Not personal?

Well, okay then. :troll:

In all seriousness, I just like the series. I dabble in horror and it's a good horror series.

Though I'd settle for an AT.

Or a trophy...

Or a mention in Chronicle....

Sorry about the Shake King comment. Didn't really mean it.

D

Deleted member

HOW DARE YOU NOT LOVE WHAT I LOVE?!?!

ARE YOU SAYING THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH STRANGULATION?!?

THAT **** IS HO-

Oh wait... Not personal?

Well, okay then. :troll:

In all seriousness, I just like the series. I dabble in horror and it's a good horror series.

Though I'd settle for an AT.

Or a trophy...

Or a mention in Chronicle....

Sorry about the Shake King comment. Didn't really mean it.
Bear in mind that Fatal Frame is still a Tecmo Koei franchise. Nintendo just has certain rights to the fourth release and the Wii remake of Crimson Butterflies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
That is a good point; although...

Metal Mario is the better Mario representative because he is in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8. Paper Mario has never been in Mario Kart. If you are going to bring up the argument that paper beats rock, I am going to bring up the infamous Metal Mario isn't rock, he is metal evidence. Metal creates scissors, scissors beat paper. So don't even try that counter argument, buddy. I preemptively destroyed your perspective!
:substitute:
But... But... Paper Mario's Metal Hammer beats metal! :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Seems....

That I was mistaken...

Zelda has sold more than Donkey Kong.

But just barely.

Just....barely.
Put it this way, it took a Decade of Nothing but spin-offs and rhythm games from Donkey Kong for Zelda to pass it in sales. Had Nintendo not sat on its hands with the franchise for that decade, no way Zelda one-ups it.

D

Deleted member

Is Fatal Frame first party?

Seriously I'm curious
Fatal Frame is Tecmo Koei's property, but Fatal Frame IV, the Wii port of Fatal Frame II, Spirit Camera, and the new entry that was just announced are all published by Nintendo. At first, I thought Nintendo had bought the rights to the entire series, but then Fatal Frame I-III were released on the PlayStation Network Store as PS2 Classics. To answer your question, saying that Fatal Frame is first party is like saying that Bayonetta is first party (that game also got a digital re-release on the PSN after its sequel was announced as a Nintendo-published Wii U exclusive). Basically, what Swampasaur said.

Despite never getting into the Fatal Frame series, I find the idea of someone from II or IV joining the Smash 4 roster intriguing. I wonder how the camera would be utilized.

bryanoid

Smash Cadet
I had to update my roster

Split Ice Climbers. Nana as an alt costume obviously
I'd prefer Tactician or Avatar over Robin's name
ssbroster.png

Andy because while FE is bigger than Wars... 3 FE reps and no Wars rep makes me sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom