• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
There is no confirmation, only the fact that he is pretty much a lock to be in.
What's with all the noobs?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You guys should be less greedy. We got five characters this month. Give the man a break.

Anyway, here's a thing.
View attachment 12812
Exclamation marks are random characters, pick who you want that fits there. We'll construct the roster together, as a group. So, tell me what you think goes where, and we'll do DK reps today.
Actually, I'm being more realistic than greedy. I don't think Sakurai cares if we just had characters shown. He showed Sonic off a matter of days after Toon Link.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Actually, I'm being more realistic than greedy. I don't think Sakurai cares if we just had characters shown. He showed Sonic off a matter of days after Toon Link.
But that was one character, not five. Everything is good in moderation, and that includes Smash reveals.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
There is no confirmation, only the fact that he is pretty much a lock to be in.
What's with all the noobs?
It may just be Lucas instead of Ness. But I do <3 ness more distinct look than the rest of the cast. Dat red cap.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I still think they'd have a shot regardless of what Sakurai shows off. Of course I don't expect a character to be revealed, like, a day after another, but I think Sakurai wouldn't disregard an important release just because it was a bit close to the Smash Direct.

Then again, you could be completely right. So whatever happens happens.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I still think they'd have a shot regardless of what Sakurai shows off. Of course I don't expect a character to be revealed, like, a day after another, but I think Sakurai wouldn't disregard an important release just because it was a bit close to the Smash Direct.

Who me being right? About Nintendo direct not existing etc etc....

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

I do agree that it could happen, and I wouldn't be mad if it did. I would LOVE a reveal so close to the Direct. I just don't see it happening.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I do agree that it could happen, and I wouldn't be mad if it did. I would LOVE a reveal so close to the Direct. I just don't see it happening.
Fair enough. That's why I'm skeptical on them being revealed. But I don't think there's a better time. But we'll see on Thursday! :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/22707/20140421/super-smash-bros-4-character-release-date.htm

What do you guys think bout that leak char roster image looks really legit. There's only 4 cuts from brawl. Snake, R.O.B, Lucas, and wolf. U think there will be 6-10 newcomers as unlockables? So 39 on that screen leak + 6-10 = total of 45-49 char.
Given how neatly aligned the rows and columns are, I'm pretty sure that the "leak" wants us to think that it is the final roster.

Some other problems:
- G&W's pose is incredibly bland.
- Wario is his Brawl model.

D

Deleted member

Given how neatly aligned the rows and columns are, I'm pretty sure that the "leak" wants us to think that it is the final roster.

Some other problems:
- G&W's pose is incredibly bland.
- Wario is his Brawl model.
If Jigglypuff isn't in the same goddamn pose as it is in every official artwork for Smash and if G&W isn't ringing his bell, those are surefire signs a CSS is fake. :troll:

....Now watch as Sakurai takes a dump on that logic.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Gawd how bad I want to shrug PAC man off for another Namco char. Even in street fighter x tekken, PAC man needed a giant robot to fight cuz he didn't have many moves himself. PAC man needs to have moves that can make him unique from the rest. I just don't see it and neither does sakurai as he mentioned way back at an interview. Therefore the most likely one is lylord, from tales of symphonia which was on GameCube. Also soul caliber had him and his very "POPULAR IN JAPAN". His got the blue and red sword referencing the blue and red on Final destination and the two games ssb4 being red and Ssb5 being blue flames.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Gawd how bad I want to shrug PAC man off for another Namco char. Even in street fighter x tekken, PAC man needed a giant robot to fight cuz he didn't have many moves himself.
I don't even like Pac-Man and I know how wrong a statement that is...

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Gawd how bad I want to shrug PAC man off for another Namco char. Even in street fighter x tekken, PAC man needed a giant robot to fight cuz he didn't have many moves himself. PAC man needs to have moves that can make him unique from the rest. I just don't see it and neither does sakurai as he mentioned way back at an interview. Therefore the most likely one is lylord, from tales of symphonia which was on GameCube. Also soul caliber had him and his very "POPULAR IN JAPAN". His got the blue and red sword referencing the blue and red on Final destination and the two games ssb4 being red and Ssb5 being blue flames.
who ever gets in from Namco is namcos choive and if they have one they will pick there mascot not some person like Lloyd who most people wont know.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Then Sakurai must really like Sonic
Nope, it just corresponded with the direct which had info on the new sonic game.
who ever gets in from Namco is namcos choive and if they have one they will pick there mascot not some person like Lloyd who most people wont know.
Namco's choice? it's as much Sakurai's as it is namco's.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Nope, it just corresponded with the direct which had info on the new sonic game.

Namco's choice? it's as much Sakurai's as it is namco's.
true but i belive namco would get a say who gets in for sure if its up to them they will choose pac man id think.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am sure Pac-Man has more moves than Sonic. Roll up, roll down, roll sideways, roll sideways slightly differently...

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Man I even quoted it in CAPS, lylord Is very "POPULAR IN JAPAN".

I am sure Pac-Man has more moves than Sonic. Roll up, roll down, roll sideways, roll sideways slightly differently...
I'm talking about how can he be distinct from the rest of the cast his just sphere lol with legs and arms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Man I even quoted it in CAPS, lylord Is very "POPULAR IN JAPAN".
but how well is he known for genrel people bring popular in japan in one thing but he still is way unknown compared to someone like pac man is my point.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
true but i belive namco would get a say who gets in for sure if its up to them they will choose pac man id think.
but how well is he known for genrel people bring popular in japan in one thing but he still is way unknown compared to someone like pac man is my point.
Little Mac is unknown to Japan. Over here it's popular but not in Japan. Again, takamaru anyone? lol :p

Isn't Lloyd just a human with a sword? We have those.
Let me correct u "2 swords" and we still not sure if chrom becoming the newcomer for the next Ssb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Little Mac is unknown to Japan. Over here it's popular but not in Japan. Again, takamaru anyone? lol :p[/quote
t.
I agree with little mac that pissed them off actually. Takamaku is a retro if he gets in we have gotten Japanese exclusive fighter before. 3rd part is different though Sakurai has a lot tougher criteria for that

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I agree with little mac that pissed them off actually. Takamaku is a retro if he gets in we have gotten Japanese exclusive fighter before. 3rd part is different though Sakurai has a lot tougher criteria for that
Mostly it's sakurai decision of adding a char. I'm sure sakurai is the one that asked for permission on sonic and megaman to be included. Same will go for Namco and if they do mention PAC man they really need to convince sakurai on it cuz in a interview sakurai can't see PAC man being in the next Ssb. Plus they have the "soul caliber" AND "Tales of" Developers working on this game. And lylord has been in both tales of series and soul caliber. Plus his 2 swords really define the blue and red flames on Ssb title logo and FInal destination.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
But that was one character, not five. Everything is good in moderation, and that includes Smash reveals.
think about it this way. Six months last year yielded 19 characters, so far we have 10 characters this six months. If we're going to be getting the same amount of character reveals as the previous six months, then we need 9 more.
In terms of veterans alone we need 8 more.

Isn't Lloyd just a human with a sword? We have those.
He has two elemental blades, iirc.
(There are still dozens of different sword styles and archetypes that smash hasn't tapped into either.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even in street fighter x tekken, PAC man needed a giant robot to fight cuz he didn't have many moves himself.
Yeah, it had nothing to do with the fact it was meant to be silly to go along with "Mega Man". :rolleyes:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Mostly it's sakurai decision of adding a char. I'm sure sakurai is the one that asked for permission on sonic and megaman to be included. Same will go for Namco and if they do mention PAC man they really need to convince sakurai on it cuz in a interview sakurai can't see PAC man being in the next Ssb. Plus they have the "soul caliber" AND "Tales of" Developers working on this game. And lylord has been in both tales of series and soul caliber. Plus his 2 swords really define the blue and red flames on Ssb title logo and FInal destination.
Sakurai said no fighting game people so Soul calibar is out and what interview did he say he wouldn't wan pac man its not the ign one is it?

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
So, if we get a Direct in May (which is likely since they'll want to hype Mario Kart 8 as well as tease E3 plans), which Newcomer would be the most likely?

I'd say Chrom, Shulk, Palutena, in that order. Mii and Pac-Man are much better suited for E3.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
So, if we get a Direct in May (which is likely since they'll want to hype Mario Kart 8 as well as tease E3 plans), which Newcomer would be the most likely?

I'd say Chrom, Shulk, Palutena, in that order. Mii and Pac-Man are much better suited for E3.
id say that sounds about right they all would give enough Hype for a direct.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
i know this should be in the rumors and leaks forum, but i cant comment there so i found this roster leak to show
It's been posted here and in the social thread(which would have been more appropriate) several times now and the general consensus is that it's fake.

Also, you can't post in the rumours thread because it was locked.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said no fighting game people so Soul calibar is out and what interview did he say he wouldn't wan pac man its not the ign one is it?
Lylord was originally in an Rpg tales of symphonia game on GameCube. Soul caliber added lylord from that series due to him being popular iirc. The lylord in soul caliber isn't even THE Lloyd that everyone knows cuz they switched his two elemental swords with normal swords in soul caliber.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Lylord was originally in an Rpg tales of symphonia game on GameCube. Soul caliber added lylord from that series due to him being popular iirc. The lylord in soul caliber isn't even THE Lloyd that everyone knows cuz they switched his two elemental swords with normal swords in soul caliber.
I know were lloyd is oringaly from only because i heed his name a few times and had to actually look him up because i had no clue who he was. I'm just saying that if Namco gets someone more chance of it being pac man then Lloyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom