• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Listen.......I love Smash although i only started out with melee
(my mum wouldnt get me Smash64 too expensive...xD :(

I played melee to death just like everyone did for like 2 years straight or something......cut chase.
Brawl released.....although i wasent a member of these boards during brawl times nor did i take part in any kind of forum/support characters etc i just came out of Secondary school at the time.

Brawl didnt add no one i cared for well not enough to main although i love Wario and Diddy as characters in there own games when it comes to mario kart or smash or really any nintendo game i general were you can select characters i really perfer big character that hit slow i main bowser in every mario game and love villians.

Instead Brawl took something away from me!

How bad is that right? Not getting any characters you like and one of your old characters getting cut!
and some people have a wishlist of 3+ chars were one is already confirmed and they are praying for more.

The only chars i support are

#1 Ridley
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Kamek (deconfirmed)

Its probly my fault for supporting only villians since i know and aware that they get the last straw

1 Main char
2 Sidekicks/Allys
3 Females
4 Villians - Last

Why villians are considered not very important is beyond me.....

I am a huge Ridley supporter but i never did once consider him a shoe-in no matter how much it perfectly makes sense in my brain i know Sakurai doesnt think like i do but yes it does get upsetting when you think your character ticks all of the boxes but still doesnt get in and has other merits too...

Is a All Star
Smash needs more villians
Metroid is criminaly un represented and is one of nintendos biggest franchises
Would be a unique character ( i guess this one is a opnion)

I know popularity is not the be all end all how else do you explain.

Only 2 Metroid and DK Reps while Starfox has 3 and Mother has 2

Bowser got buffs that is great me not getting owned by space animals 24/7 for the past 10 years is probly a reason alone to get this game i be who i like not who is high tier.

Hopefully Ganondorf is reworked please.

Ok dont give me Ridley or Rool
whatever....just give me back what you took

Is that too much to ask?
am i being greedy?
I never get any newcomers i want this aint a newcomer.

It will be in my eyes though.

20121221_234806.jpg

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Sakurai's no skank.

He'll flaunt his Mewtwo, but he won't give it up.

We've gotta put in the work. Go to all the Smash Runs, all the Classic Modes, all the Arena games, and Bath and Body Works and the damn shoe store, and then once he trusts us, and knows that we're genuinely a good guy, once everyone else has been unlocked, and we've gotten past the desperation, that's when Mewtwo will be waiting for us, with a big smile, in the dark backseat of a Honda Civic.

I have to go call somebody and apologize for having been a scumbag in high school.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Samurai do flips, teleport, and substitute? Lolwat?
Oh ye R.O.B. thanks for reading my char roster post and liking it. I appreciate it I've been researching a lot to predict the roster. Now im enjoying discussing the char roster with all these wonderful smash bros players. <3

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At this point, I don't care how the Pokemon roster is gonna end up.... because we got Greninja... and he ended the boring cookie cutter "Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo" roster.

Jigglypuff cut? or Mewtwo cut? Everyone gets paper cuts on their sphincters and I laugh with Sakurai either way. :troll:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm more worried for K. Rool's chances than Mewtwo's. Even though there's absolutely no reason to exclude the good king, I can't shake the ominous feeling that DK won't get a newcomer period.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'm more worried for K. Rool's chances than Mewtwo's. Even though there's absolutely no reason to exclude the good king, I can't shake the ominous feeling that DK won't get a newcomer period.
Seems like k rool is more of a boss char in a dk stage.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Jigglypuff and Mewtwo > Every other plausible Pokemon rep

There we go.
Should go more like this:

Genesect>Jigglypuff>Every other plausible Pokémon character>Mewtwo. :troll:

Still holding out for my precious Bug-type. Just imagine it in HD. :love:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nah, I'm starting to get used to JamesDNaux disagreeing with me.
It's all just in jest you know, hence the troll face thrown in > :troll:

Though I'm not really trying to disagree with you, Krystal is my third most wanted character you know, but I have enough common sense to know she has a snowball's chance in hell. Thinking otherwise is like an American going to another country and trying to drive on the wrong-right side of the road.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
I'm not sure about Mewtwo's chances anymore. He's still likely, but definitely not like they were before. There's really 3 outcomes I can see from the situation. In my opinion, I think they'll most likely add Mewtwo and Jiggs together. The second outcome is that they'll just add Jiggs. The third and least likely one will be that they add just Mewtwo. So.... I'd probably say his chances are like 70%.

They're probably going to get someone, Dixie if not K Rool. Even though K Rool has more priority than Dixie. Plus, I haven't seen any villain reveals, or heavyweight reveals. I feel like K Rool is actually more likely than people think. He may not deserve the hype Palutena has, but he's still very likely to be in.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Listen people cant be pleasd they will be butt hurt even if this games roster was 60 chars.

Seriously have a quick google search and watch about 20 youtube vids of character predictions for the logical understanding fans the most requested i see are

Krystal very popular
Either Bowser Jr/Toad/Paper Mario
Chrom
Palutena
Shulk
Geno
Shadow
Tails
Knuckles

The thing about Chrom and Palutena is although i know they are popular and wanted its abit difficult as do people add these chars because they want them? Or just that they are sooo likely based on everything....or how many people add them because of it just to be like 'HA i was right.....''
yh some people are like that...also add Lil Mac to this list too.

Bro people are gonna be frigging but hurt me personaly i believe the Sal leak

But its perfectly ok if you or whoever does not i dont hate or am i gonna attack you for it.

The Sal leak is starting to get Mainstream....since GameXplain knows about it and done a video about it....

You dont think people are gonna go crazy because we might get Mii & Chorus men ontop of WFT and alotta people dont like, want Pac man and i think People are 50/50 on Shulk not alotta people care for him or know who he is...hell i didnt know who he was untill i heard about him on this website and smack that with how people are saying chrom does play very similar to marth plus they look alike....
(Not a FE Fan not attacking Chrom just saying what i have heard/read peoples opnions)

Yes people are gonna be extremely upset probaly more so than brawl and i dont need to mention this just because i am a huge Mewtwo fan i know speak for thousands if he doesnt return on top of the Sal keak if its true.....

Boy......you better bring a Tank full of baby oil for millions of people around the world for their sore behinds of butthurt including me.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Listen people cant be pleasd they will be butt hurt even if this games roster was 60 chars.

Seriously have a quick google search and watch about 20 youtube vids of character predictions for the logical understanding fans the most requested i see are

Krystal very popular
Either Bowser Jr/Toad/Paper Mario
Chrom
Palutena
Shulk
Geno
Shadow
Tails
Knuckles

The thing about Chrom and Palutena is although i know they are popular and wanted its abit difficult as do people add these chars because they want them? Or just that they are sooo likely based on everything....or how many people add them because of it just to be like 'HA i was right.....''
yh some people are like that...also add Lil Mac to this list too.

Bro people are gonna be frigging but hurt me personaly i believe the Sal leak

But its perfectly ok if you or whoever does not i dont hate or am i gonna attack you for it.

The Sal leak is starting to get Mainstream....since GameXplain knows about it and done a video about it....

You dont think people are gonna go crazy because we might get Mii & Chorus men ontop of WFT and alotta people dont like, want Pac man and i think People are 50/50 on Shulk not alotta people care for him or know who he is...hell i didnt know who he was untill i heard about him on this website and smack that with how people are saying chrom does play very similar to marth plus they look alike....
(Not a FE Fan not attacking Chrom just saying what i have heard/read peoples opnions)

Yes people are gonna be extremely upset probaly more so than brawl and i dont need to mention this just because i am a huge Mewtwo fan i know speak for thousands if he doesnt return on top of the Sal keak if its true.....

Boy......you better bring a Tank full of baby oil for millions of people around the world for their sore behinds of butthurt including me.
Yeah, I know I've been talking about Sonic bringing one of his friends along a lot, but I'm not gonna be too heartbroken if it don't happen this time, because there's all this speculation about Nintendo buying SEGA, so I can wait if I have to.

The only character you listed that I really don't see coming is Geno. I just don't think Square Enix would give him up that easy.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, I know I've been talking about Sonic bringing one of his friends along a lot, but I'm not gonna be too heartbroken if it don't happen this time, because there's all this speculation about Nintendo buying SEGA, so I can wait if I have to.

The only character you listed that I really don't see coming is Geno. I just don't think Square Enix would give him up that easy.
It's not even so much that Square wouldn't give him up. It's moreso...why would Sakurai, of ALL 3rd Part characters he could get, pick Geno? He's relevant to one game that was out many years ago, and there are many other 3rd party choices that would make more sense.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Forgot Girahim he is really requested to i think he has a shot imo and waluigi is requested alot too.

I dont mind whoever gets in i just mewtwo back but Girahim instead of Ganondorf is a HUGE no no...

But whatever happens...happens..

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Forgot Girahim he is really requested to i think he has a shot imo and waluigi is requested alot too.

I dont mind whoever gets in i just mewtwo back but Girahim instead of Ganondorf is a HUGE no no...

But whatever happens...happens..
Waluigi is already deconfirmed. He is an Assist Trophy again.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Looks like shortie is getting a short temper.

Ohohohoho.

Although I know that shortie is the same as "shawty", ghetto slang for "woman I want to ****", rather than "someone who is short"

Not sure what else to say here other than "I want Mewtwo and K.Rool but are not sure about their chances."

----

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not sure about Mewtwo's chances anymore. He's still likely, but definitely not like they were before. There's really 3 outcomes I can see from the situation. In my opinion, I think they'll most likely add Mewtwo and Jiggs together. The second outcome is that they'll just add Jiggs. The third and least likely one will be that they add just Mewtwo. So.... I'd probably say his chances are like 70%.

They're probably going to get someone, Dixie if not K Rool. Even though K Rool has more priority than Dixie. Plus, I haven't seen any villain reveals, or heavyweight reveals. I feel like K Rool is actually more likely than people think. He may not deserve the hype Palutena has, but he's still very likely to be in.
What objectively changed Mewtwo's chances? I am legitimately asking; a ton of people are saying the same thing, I don't understand. What did I miss?

D

Deleted member

You could add the best newcomer that you can think up in your mind on the roster & you will still get angry people, no matter what.

You just can't win them all.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
It's all just in jest you know, hence the troll face thrown in > :troll:

Though I'm not really trying to disagree with you, Krystal is my third most wanted character you know, but I have enough common sense to know she has a snowball's chance in hell. Thinking otherwise is like an American going to another country and trying to drive on the wrong-right side of the road.
Actually most countries do drive on the right side of the road, it's the UK, Japan, and a few others that are the "oddballs", so to speak.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
What objectively changed Mewtwo's chances? I am legitimately asking; a ton of people are saying the same thing, I don't understand. What did I miss?
too many pokemon. we will prob cap out at 5 mario and zelda characters, people say mewtwo would be 6 and that wont happen

counter argument is brawl had 6 playable pokemon, more than any other series even if it was only 4 character slots, and we wont regress from 6 to 5 pokemon

honestly, you want objectivity, mewtwo was unanimously considered the only sure thing about this game prior to the direct. now hes up in the air. greninja did more to hurt his chances than help

D

Deleted member

too many pokemon. we will prob cap out at 5 mario and zelda characters, people say mewtwo would be 6 and that wont happen

counter argument is brawl had 6 playable pokemon, more than any other series even if it was only 4 character slots, and we wont regress from 6 to 5 pokemon

honestly, you want objectivity, mewtwo was unanimously considered the only sure thing about this game prior to the direct. now hes up in the air. greninja did more to hurt his chances than help
I don't see how this changes anything for Mewtwo. Pokémon is not regressing from six to five with an even larger roster than last time and there's no reason why Mewtwo wouldn't return if we get at least six Pokémons. Gekkouga's inclusion has no effect on Mewtwo's chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Y'know what, as much as I hate Puff, I kinda want to see her come back along with Mewtwo just so this asinine fan rule about caps can die in a fire.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
it all comes down to whether or not you think pokemon will get 5 or 6 reps

idk what Gekkouga is

D

Deleted member

Y'know what, as much as I hate Puff, I kinda want to see her come back along with Mewtwo just so this asinine fan rule about caps can die in a fire.
They'll still be back no matter what.

"Nooooo!!! We can't have one more Mario character!"
"Nooooo!!! We can't have one more Star Fox character!"
"Nooooo!!! We can't have one more Kid Icarus character!"

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

What?

SEGA at this point is in their prime. Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed sold like hotcakes, and so did Sonic Generations. They're back on their feet, the last thing they would want to do would be to get bought out. Plus, they just bought out Atlus, for Christ's sake. They have some time to go before they get sold. And in regards to another Sonic character, keep in mind this is a Nintendo crossover game with Nintendo characters. If another Sonic character ever gets in, I have lost trust with Sakurai forever.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I still think Mewtwo is a shoe in at this point.
Greninja or not, the disconfirmation of Transformation characters (and Pokémon Trainer / Squirtle and Ivysaur) we still have three more Pokémon character spots open. Easily belonging to Jigglypuff and Mewtwo with an extra one that can go unused.

I mean we figured having seven playable Pokémon before hand was no problem, why should anyone be against having six?

Also I want to clear up something with @SaturnGamer64
I said a new Pokémon character was highly unnecessary since no Pokémon from Black/White and X/Y were notable enough in comparison to the seven previously expected Pokémon. I feel that my point still stands, because even though Greninja is arguably the most popular Pokémon from X/Y it is still a ways off from being notable in comparison to Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario.
Maybe in time, Greninja will probably eventually reach a similar status thanks to it's Smash inclusion. But considering everything Sakurai had said about how they select Pokémon characters suggested otherwise. He claimed that they wouldn't be able to do any Market research on any of the X/Y Pokémon because of how the game didn't release yet.
Which seems to support the theory that Greninja was pushed in by Gamefreak. Which certainly isn't an issue, but a justifiable mistake on anyone that wasn't expecting anybody past the seven Pokémon I previously mentioned.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I still think Mewtwo is a shoe in at this point.
Greninja or not, the disconfirmation of Transformation characters (and Pokémon Trainer / Squirtle and Ivysaur) we still have three more Pokémon character spots open. Easily belonging to Jigglypuff and Mewtwo with an extra one that can go unused.

I mean we figured having seven playable Pokémon before hand was no problem, why should anyone be against having six?

Also I want to clear up something with @SaturnGamer64
I said a new Pokémon character was highly unnecessary since no Pokémon from Black/White and X/Y were notable enough in comparison to the seven previously expected Pokémon. I feel that my point still stands, because even though Greninja is arguably the most popular Pokémon from X/Y it is still a ways off from being notable in comparison to Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario.
Maybe in time, Greninja will probably eventually reach a similar status thanks it's Smash inclusion. But considering everything Sakurai had said about how they select Pokémon characters suggested otherwise. He claimed that they wouldn't be able to do any Market research on any of the X/Y Pokémon because of how the game didn't release yet.
Which seems to support the theory that Greninja was pushed in by Gamefreak. Which certainly isn't an issue, but a justifiable mistake on anyone that wasn't expecting anybody past the seven Pokémon I previously mentioned.
I don't know where you're getting 7 pokemon characters from. Brawl had Pikachu, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Jigglypuff. 6 characters. There's still room for Jiggs and Mewtwo, but no unused space.

Pokemon Trainer doesn't count because he doesn't have a moveset.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I don't know where you're getting 7 pokemon characters from. Brawl had Pikachu, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Jigglypuff. 6 characters. There's still room for Jiggs and Mewtwo, but no unused space.

Pokemon Trainer doesn't count because he doesn't have a moveset.
Pretty much everyone expected seven Pokémon characters to appear in the game prior to the Smash Bros. Direct.
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard), Lucario, and Mewtwo.
That adds up to seven playable characters.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Pretty much everyone expected seven Pokémon characters to appear in the game prior to the Smash Bros. Direct.
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard), Lucario, and Mewtwo.
That adds up to seven playable characters.
It's funny really. The people who expected this to be the Pokemon roster are now arguing that 6 is too much.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There were six pokemon in Brawl. Lucario, Jiggs, Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur.

Mewtwo was also planned if enough time was available. So six pokemon, seven planned pokemon for Brawl.

I can see Smash4 having seven.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There were six pokemon in Brawl. Lucario, Jiggs, Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur.

Mewtwo was also planned if enough time was available. So six pokemon, seven planned pokemon for Brawl.

I can see Smash4 having seven.
Oh,god.
Here comes the Sceptile topic.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
If SM4SH had seven Pokemon, I would choose Sceptile, Mewtwo and Jigglypuff.
My reasoning? Sceptile would complete the Starter trio (being fire, water and grass). Could be unique to have grass type moves.
I don't really see him likely, but would be ecstatic if he is in the game.

Oh,god.
Here comes the Sceptile topic.
EDIT: Whhhhhha......

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If we got another Grass Starter, I feel it can't be Gen 1 or Gen 6, cause that'd be unfair for Delphox and Blastoise. So that leaves Meganium, Sceptile, Torterra, and Serperior. It has to be Sceptile.

I love Sceptile, but I'm not too sure he has a chance, just because people want to do the starter trifecta. But I could be wrong, Sakurai may want to do that. But I think it's just a coincidence that Greninja and Charizard are starters. They got in for their POPULARITY.

CalumG

Smash Lord
If Sakurai really cared that much about having one final evolution starter of each type, I imagine he'd have announced Sceptile (or whomever else - personally I have a soft spot for Meganium) at the same time he announced the other two, in the interest of keeping things fair. Why would he save the grass starter 'til later?

So yeah, I don't see a grass-type starter happening. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom