• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So nobody expects a character this week nor the rest of the month. To be honest, as much as I hope we'll get another character reveal later this month, I kinda doubt it too!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm still not sure that we're getting Mewtwo.
Thats completely fine everyone has there opnion and believes what they want to.

& yes to the sonic guy i have no proof i feel strongly about it thats why i said it like it was a fact.

My bad.

Ima huge Ridley supporter but was always completely open to him not getting in but pre mac reveal i am as sure as i was about Palutena and Lil Mac that Mewtwo will return.

Those 2 chars were considered shoe-ins.

MacTuna

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Why wouldn't we? Why is it that all of the sudden we get Greninja and we automatically think Mewtwo is gone? There is nothing that can confirm or deny him, we knew as much as we did going into the Direct as we did going out.

Last edited:
Thats completely fine everyone has there opnion and believes what they want to.

& yes to the sonic guy i have no proof i feel strongly about it thats why i said it like it was a fact.

My bad.
I prefer to use the term "hope" when talking unannounced characters. That way, nobody can argue against me.

Unless it's a stupid character like Naruto or Master Chief. You get the point though.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I can see mewtwo not being in the game cuz of the two mega evolution he has. They same wired
Why wouldn't we? Why is it that all of the sudden we get Greninja and we automatically think Mewtwo is gone? There is nothing that can confirm or deny him, we knew as much as we did going into the Direct as we did going out.
Plus rosalina and luma is the 5th char in mario series. So Zelda could add another (ganondorf) and as well as pokemon. I could see sakurai planned the traile to look like mewtwo because everyone would expect. So maybe next trailer he will surprise us with mewtwo. Sakurai is prezi.

All possibilities.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think since then many have braced themselves for the possibility of it not happening, which is real as well. We might not get everything we hoped for, and sakurai could still just view mewtwo as a casualty of the last game and never look back, we just dont know. As it stands right now im thinking he might not be in the cards, i mean hes not gonna cater to everyones whims all the time.

Espio264

Smash Ace
So... No proof? Just preference?
Look, nobody actually knows the rest of the cast for sure. Not even, dare I say... the Almighty SAL.

But what is definite, is that there's a spectrum of character bada$$ery.
A lot of our favorite characters live along said spectrum, Captain Falcon, Ike, Falco, Snake, Metaknight, K. Rool, Isaac, hell, even Jiggs. But Mewtwo and Ridley live at the very end of the spectrum.

Living at the very end doesn't guarantee them a spot, absolutely not, but it does cement them in legend. And therefore we can talk about them like they're a sure thing, even if they don't make it in.

You can deny them all you want with your "feelings" and "speculation", but those of us in the Mewtwo and Ridley t-shirts will forever continue to walk with our heads held high, knowing that our character's dad could beat up your character's dad. Even if neither of them are ever playable again.

I actually have a neat idea for Mewtwo's Mega Evolution.

Break the Smash Ball with a normal attack, Mega X. Special attack, Mega Y.

Mewtwo replacing Jigglypuff has me torn...

Look, nobody actually knows the rest of the cast for sure. Not even, dare I say... the Almighty SAL.

But what is definite, is that there's a spectrum of character bada$$ery.
A lot of our favorite characters live along said spectrum, Captain Falcon, Ike, Falco, Snake, Metaknight, K. Rool, Isaac, hell, even Jiggs. But Mewtwo and Ridley live at the very end of the spectrum.

Living at the very end doesn't guarantee them a spot, absolutely not, but it does cement them in legend. And therefore we can talk about them like they're a sure thing, even if they don't make it in.

You can deny them all you want with your "feelings" and "speculation", but those of us in the Mewtwo and Ridley t-shirts will forever continue to walk with our heads held high, knowing that our character's dad could beat up your character's dad. Even if neither of them are ever playable again.
Not the reply I expected, but that was great. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have no problem that people think he's not likely. I have a problem with the reasons they do. The ONLY reason Mewtwo was brought up for being a bad chance now is the fact that we have Greninja. Big whoop. We also probably have two Pokemon that are being cut (Squirtle and Ivysaur). Mewtwo is THE most wanted worldwide, and he's only being vilified now because we have a newcomer that threw our predictions out the window.

Yes, we may not get the roster right, and I may be wrong here, but you're all dismissing Mewtwo for a terrible, terrible reason.

Warning Received
I have no problem that people think he's not likely. I have a problem with the reasons they do. The ONLY reason Mewtwo was brought up for being a bad chance now is the fact that we have Greninja. Big whoop. We also probably have two Pokemon that are being cut (Squirtle and Ivysaur). Mewtwo is THE most wanted worldwide, and he's only being vilified now because we have a newcomer that threw our predictions out the window.

Yes, we may not get the roster right, and I may be wrong here, but you're all dismissing Mewtwo for a terrible, terrible reason.
Greninja doesn't debunk anything.

I just doubt he'll return. Would be nice to see him though. Hopefully Jigglypuff isn't sacrificed in the process.

That would just seem... Wrong...

The mewtwo being playable could all depend if Japan players wants it.
Japan? Little Mac says hello!

Last edited by a moderator:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I find the prospect of not getting Mewtwo unlikely, given how much Gamefreak has been pushing him. His Megas were shown before anyone else's, and I think he's getting another movie.

As for the 'his inclusion would make too many Pokemon characters' argument, weren't we going to have eight Pokemon characters in Brawl if the forbidden seven data is to be believed?

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Greninja doesn't debunk anything.

I just doubt he'll return. Would be nice to see him though. Hopefully Jigglypuff isn't sacrificed in the process.

That would just seem... Wrong...

Japan? Little Mac says hello!
Does that mean takamaru is in? The east vs west
Little Mac vs takamaru.
I don't know....lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Moral of the story, people take their Pokemanz seriously. This leads to people jumping the gun and being all sensitive. But you're right. We know as much about Mewtwo as we did when Sakurai said "We're thinking about it". I remember the same kind of whining when Lucario was confirmed.

Says the guy who thinks Krystal is a shoe-in and that a second Sonic character even has a possibility. :troll:
Shots fired. Throwing shade like a damn Quarterback.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I know that. Won't count it as a confirmation since he probably considers tons of characters each game.
But to say it in front of a crowd WHILE the Pokemon developers struggle to come up with a safe answer.
Plus he has 2 Megas, 2 movies, is incredibly popular, and overall important to the franchise.
It would be, dare I say it, flat out idiotic for Sakurai to leave Mewtwo out.

But to say it in front of a crowd WHILE the Pokemon developers struggle to come up with a safe answer.
Plus he has 2 Megas, 2 movies, is incredibly popular, and overall important to the franchise.
It would be, dare I say it, flat out idiotic for Sakurai to leave Mewtwo out.
You think I don't want him?

I'm just going to wait and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom