• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
There is a thing that I can´t keep away from my mind and is what will happen once the 3DS is launched? How Nintendo will hype the arrival of Smash Bros Wii U? I mean once the 3DS is out pretty much we will play the waiting game, so Sakurai will still post pic of day even when everything is reveled, or the different modes will keep our expectations high? I stay awake for the reveal of new comers and pretty much I will play online a lot but I don´t see much time investing the other modes so for me I think for the most people will die the hype of the game not much but a little.

.n_n.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So... any hopeful insight on the Pokemon characters next week? What do you think we'll see about Charizard and Greninja?
I'm not really sure what there is to see about Greninja. We saw what I presume are all his special moves, and there weren't really many questions raised about how he functions.

I would like to see some info on Charizard, though. Since he probably has a new special move or two, I'd love to see what they do with that.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm not really sure what there is to see about Greninja. We saw what I presume are all his special moves, and there weren't really many questions raised about how he functions.
Actually, the other newcomers had the same thing happen to them as well as the trailers do outline clearly what moves/mechanics they have and in what context. For example, Little Mac being terrible in the air was clearly spelled out in the trailer, but they still had a pic of the day note it later on.

I do think we'll definitely get something from Charizard, but I wouldn't count out Greninja either as they do focus on the newcomers after their reveal.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I just had a random idea, maybe the Pokemon Trainer will still control Charizard, but Charizard ONLY. Again, don't quote me, I admit it sounds silly.
So, where was the Trainer in that trailer?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There is a thing that I can´t keep away from my mind and is what will happen once the 3DS is launched? How Nintendo will hype the arrival of Smash Bros Wii U? I mean once the 3DS is out pretty much we will play the waiting game, so Sakurai will still post pic of day even when everything is reveled, or the different modes will keep our expectations high? I stay awake for the reveal of new comers and pretty much I will play online a lot but I don´t see much time investing the other modes so for me I think for the most people will die the hype of the game not much but a little.

.n_n.
Stages exclusive to Wii U version. For Fun/Glory online modes. HD graphics. Playing Smash on your HD TV (mine is 50 inches). I am definitely getting the Wii U for that.

I will just use the 3DS version as a warm-up.... to get a feel of the returning veterans and the newcomers... before the Wii U version comes out. ;)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Stages exclusive to Wii U version. For Fun/Glory online modes. HD graphics. Playing Smash on your HD TV (mine is 50 inches). I am definitely getting the Wii U for that.

I will just use the 3DS version as a warm-up.... to get a feel of the returning veterans and the newcomers... before the Wii U version comes out. ;)
Yeah but will the hype of the game will get I don´t know a little stale after the launch of the 3DS? It will be pretty boring to stay up for the pic of the day if we don´t expect new characters to show up or even old time veterans XD, i mean the most hype would be new levels and probably modes but besides that nothing much.
.n_n.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah but will the hype of the game will get I don´t know a little stale after the launch of the 3DS? It will be pretty boring to stay up for the pic of the day if we don´t expect new characters to show up or even old time veterans XD, i mean the most hype would be new levels and probably modes but besides that nothing much.
.n_n.
Yay! I always wanted Metroid Stage without Lava or Rotation in Smash!! Day One Purchase!!!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Yay! I always wanted Metroid Stage without Lava or Rotation in Smash!! Day One Purchase!!!
I don´t get why did you respond that to my post, but if it makes you happy I´m glad for you that we can get a Metroid stage without hazard elements XD
.n_n.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
.n_n.
Well, people wanted SSB4 to have the exact same roster as Brawl but with Ridley, Roy, Mega Man, and Mewtwo.... and that's it because it's oh so perfect. :rolleyes:

Well, now SSB5 (Wii U) is gonna have the exact same roster as SSB4 (3DS) and you are going to like it! :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don´t get why did you respond that to my post, but if it makes you happy I´m glad for you that we can get a Metroid stage without hazard elements XD
.n_n.
It's a new level, isn't it?

I agree with you, in other words. Hype will slowly trickle downhill once the 3DS version launches and the roster becomes known, spiking shortly when the Wii U version launches, then trickling right back down again. Stages and modes just can't compare.

Gune

Smash Lord
Well, people wanted SSB4 to have the exact same roster as Brawl but with Ridley, Roy, Mega Man, and Mewtwo.... and that's it because it's oh so perfect. :rolleyes:

Well, now SSB5 (Wii U) is gonna have the exact same roster as SSB4 (3DS) and you are going to like it! :troll:
Its so perfect and its happening two times... I might cry its so beautiful ...

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

I´m dealing with it with my Marshal avatar, is so chill and cool, I´m just waiting for the reveal of him in Smash to taste all those tears.

Is it me or this Smash will lack of villains, lets say Ridley and King K. Rool are deconfirmed, Mewtwo once again is left behind and in the worst case scenario they cut Wolf, that give us only Bowser, Ganondorf and King Dedede (and even then King Dedede is a lame villain sorry), so in the end it will be a really lackluster roster of darkness and evil plans to take down the Smash Universe.

I hope I´m wrong and they add more villains this time, heck I will be glad even with Medusa, Black Shadow or Porky.

Edited;
I mean one of the appeals for me in Smash is to play as a villain, is the only few games where you can control and play with those characters, so yeah I´m really a little disappointed from the game.

.n_n.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah... that's why I don't like the latest leak from Sal Romano... lack of villain newcomers (throw the Ridley fans a bone already and I am not even a supporter), lack of retro newcomers (I want my Duck Hunt Dog), lack of Donkey Kong newcomers (gimme Dixie Kong)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt Dog could cover three categories at once... a retro female villain... well, it is a B for laughing at our shortcomings. :troll:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Yeah... that's why I don't like the latest leak from Sal Romano... lack of villain newcomers (throw the Ridley fans a bone already and I am not even a supporter), lack of retro newcomers (I want my Duck Hunt Dog), lack of Donkey Kong newcomers (gimme Dixie Kong)
Is really lackluster, the only new comers counting the Sal Romano leak that get me hyped are Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Shulk and maybe Marshal (until I see his moveset), from there Little Mac looks good, the others Palutena, Chrom, WFT, Greninja and Pac-Man are ok not great and would change any of them for Ridley or King K. Rool.

.n_n.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So guys what do you think of Rhythm Heaven representative, more specific Marshal?
.n_n.
I am not too keen on the idea... if Marshal can wow me if/when he (or the Chorus Men) are actually confirmed and shown in a trailer, I might be open to the idea of this character like I was with Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, and Greninja.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I am not too keen on the idea... if Marshal can wow me if/when he (or the Chorus Men) are actually confirmed and shown in a trailer, I might be open to the idea of this character like I was with Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, and Greninja.
Yeah I´m in the same train, if he is not spectacular and glorious I will be pissed with this character even more than with Toon Link.
.n_n.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's a new level, isn't it?

I agree with you, in other words. Hype will slowly trickle downhill once the 3DS version launches and the roster becomes known, spiking shortly when the Wii U version launches, then trickling right back down again. Stages and modes just can't compare.
You forgot the part where the roster becomes known, people ***** over the fact Krystal, Geno, Shrek, and Goku didn't get in, and they use a character like Chorus Members as the scapegoat.

"HOW COULD SAKURAI BETRAY US I THOUGHT HE WAS BEST WAIFU [ANGST INTENSIFIES]"

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You forgot the part where the roster becomes known, people ***** over the fact Krystal, Geno, Shrek, and Goku didn't get in, and they use a character like Chorus Members as the scapegoat.

"HOW COULD SAKURAI BETRAY US I THOUGHT HE WAS BEST WAIFU [ANGST INTENSIFIES]"
But...but Shrek deserves to be in...
:troll:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Went ahead and made a 55 character roster.

Things to note:
Pokemon Trainer does the fighting himself, only summoning Pokemon shortly for specials such as his recovery. Still no Jigglypuff, Trainer takes priority.
Sceptile might seem like an odd choice at first glance, but a certain gen is due for a remake and it has a nice grass starter to balance out Charizard and Greninja.
Lip's stick is an item again, and I don't think she'd get in without it, but some of the poor guys in her thread still have hope. Pretend Isaac is here if you'd like.

Of course this is just hypothetical, it would be insane if we got this many.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I just to had an interesting thought. How much different would Mr Game And Watch be in HD?
Defiling everyone's expectations by looking the exact same way as before.

He's one of the few characters who honestly could just be directly ported and barely anyone would notice the difference. His model in Brawl and Melee are nearly exactly the same, after all, due to his look not really being able to get any sort of update.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Went ahead and made a 55 character roster.

Things to note:
Pokemon Trainer does the fighting himself, only summoning Pokemon shortly for specials such as his recovery. Still no Jigglypuff, Trainer takes priority.
Sceptile might seem like an odd choice at first glance, but a certain gen is due for a remake and it has a nice grass starter to balance out Charizard and Greninja.
Lip's stick is an item again, and I don't think she'd get in without it, but some of the poor guys in her thread still have hope. Pretend Isaac is here if you'd like.

Of course this is just hypothetical, it would be insane if we got this many.
Still no Jigglypuff? Is Sceptile really a priority? Or the Trainer, for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom