• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I just realized, characters now having custom movesets will make clone characters even less interesting, and also more pointless. Like if I want Falco's laser I can put it on Fox. I'd say it could affect clone characters in some way, but we do still have Toon Link as a clone.
But it will be illegal competitively so it doesnt matter... :denzel:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I just realized, characters now having custom movesets will make clone characters even less interesting, and also more pointless. Like if I want Falco's laser I can put it on Fox. I'd say it could affect clone characters in some way, but we do still have Toon Link as a clone.
I don't see how you could switch their guns like that to be honest with you.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Do you think that we will get hidden "secret" characters that won't be announced?
To be honest i dont think there will be, theres really no reason to hide anything at this point. And if some newcomers got massive and well done trailers it would be weird if some didnt. And showing those post release really wouldnt do them any favors, i think the days of hidden fighters are behind us. Unlockable sure, but hidden completely is something i think we might already be able to rule out if some of the characters we already have are unlockable.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I doubt there will be any customization that will be completely broken. From what we've seen, the customized moves had had 2-3 characteristics of the move changed. Mario's larger fireball moves slower, but has a constant hitbox out, while his faster fireball moves faster, but in a straight line, and has little to no knockback. The only one where the change wasn't obvious was DK's side-b. (Maybe it's slower now? Couldn't really tell due to the super armor's hit stun.)

While modding Fox's laser could result in one mod being way better than the others, I doubt anything will be "broken". The most I can see happening is modding it to be like Falco's laser so you can do something like Melee-Falco where you get a free follow-up if the laser hits and you're nearby, or a mod where the laser moves slower so it's a spacing/pressure tool like P:M-Wolf's laser.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Quick on the rebound, I won't let a small bit of anger hold me back.

I still have hope, there are a few good people here with sense that didn't let me fall out. The biggest guns have gotta be holding out for E3, right?
Cuts: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff.
Part of the original twelve? Oh well, we'll get over it just like we got over every other cut besides Mewtwo. Ahem, anyway...
Newcomers:
Villager
Mega Man
Miss Fit/Hee Fit
Rosalina
Little Mac
Greninja

King K. Rool
Ridley there is hope still!
Palutena
Chrom
Takamaru
Shulk
Pac-Man

Fifty slots/characters total (oh the loss of transformations...), three cuts, thirteen newcomers, no items, Final Destination. For Glory.
I'm actually wondering if I should bump it up to 55, it wouldn't be unreasonable considering transformations aren't a thing anymore.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

I still have hope, there are a few good people here with sense that didn't let me fall out. The biggest guns have gotta be holding out for E3, right?
Part of the original twelve? Oh well, we'll get over it just like we got over every other cut besides Mewtwo. Ahem, anyway...
Newcomers:
Villager
Mega Man
Miss Fit/Hee Fit
Rosalina
Little Mac
Greninja

King K. Rool
Palutena
Chrom
Takamaru
Shulk
Pac-Man

Fifty slots/characters total (oh the loss of transformations...), three cuts, thirteen newcomers, no items, Final Destination. For Glory.
I'm actually wondering if I should bump it up to 55, it wouldn't be unreasonable considering transformations aren't a thing anymore.
If you do, you should add Vaati.:awesome:
Or Ghirahim, but preferably Vaati.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If you do, you should add Vaati.:awesome:
Or Ghirahim, but preferably Vaati.
I'm adding the Happy Mask Salesman obviously. I still wouldn't add anyone from Zelda. Unless it was the Salesman.

I'd focus more on the Pokemon, actually...
Maybe add a certain someone back.
Could possibly add Dixie as well.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't get how anyone thinks that's actually a thing. Sakurai said a child Link is important, he didn't say anything about a "Classic" Ganon.

Ganondorf already turns into Ganon for his final smash, if anything they could change that to work like Giga Bowser. And give Bowser his Clown Car.

Gune

Smash Lord
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux
So uh why is jiggs missing? We just lost 2 chars ivy and squirt so why another when we could sit perfectly at 6 like they did in brawl.

Smash ain't smash without the 64 crew Imo they are the smash ancestors man!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux
So uh why is jiggs missing? We just lost 2 chars ivy and squirt so why another when we could sit perfectly at 6 like they did in brawl.

Smash ain't smash without the 64 crew Imo they are the smash ancestors man!
It's not about Pokemon having too many, rather, Jiggs was an easier loss than say, Lucas or Falco. I had to look at the roster as a whole, not just the Pokemon.

This is why I'm considering a bigger roster. Though Jiggs isn't untouchable, she was low priority before and the whole original twelve thing is just a fan construction.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Newcomers:
Villager
Mega Man
Miss Fit/Hee Fit
Rosalina
Little Mac
Greninja

King K. Rool
Palutena
Chrom
Takamaru
Shulk
Pac-Man

I still seriously doubt that they'd cut Jigglypuff, other than that it looks fine
(And im still not giving up on Krystal)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I still seriously doubt that they'd cut Jigglypuff, other than that it looks fine
(And im still not giving up on Krystal)
And I seriously doubted that Pokemon Trainer would be cut, but it happened.

I like Krystal too, she was my third most wanted character, but I know that she's just not likely at all.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I like Krystal too, she was my third most wanted character, but I know that she's just not likely at all.
No reason to give up on her just because it looks grim, I'd say her chances are higher because nothing really stood in her way as far as the direct. With the Namco items in the game and my understanding that Namco had some StarFox involvement if I'm not mistaken, I'm more sure she's getting one step closer.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
No reason to give up on her just because it looks grim, I'd say her chances are higher because nothing really stood in her way as far as the direct. With the Namco items in the game and my understanding that Namco had some StarFox involvement if I'm not mistaken, I'm more sure she's getting one step closer.
Eh, it needs Krystal and Chrom instead of Wolf and Lucina.
Ok, definitely not. As much as I want Krystal, Wolf is far more important. Saying that Krystal should replace Wolf will just piss a lot of people off, myself included.

Nothing being in her way doesn't make her more likely, she already wasn't likely in the first place. Namco making a Star Fox game sure as hell won't get her in.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ok, definitely not. As much as I want Krystal, Wolf is far more important. Saying that Krystal should replace Wolf will just piss a lot of people off, myself included.

Nothing being in her way doesn't make her more likely, she already wasn't likely in the first place. Namco making a Star Fox game sure as hell won't get her in.
Well I'm not giving up hope until she's either confirmed or denied, that's the same stance I have with all of my desired newcomers.

D

Deleted member

So...any chance we'll see Punch-Out fighters as assist trophy? Maybe Bald Bull or Soda Popinski?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well I'm not giving up hope until she's either confirmed or denied, that's the same stance I have with all of my desired newcomers.
Hope =/= asserting your character and blatantly saying they will be in. I have hope for K. Rool, but I know that it still might not happen.
So...any chance we'll see Punch-Out fighters as assist trophy? Maybe Bald Bull or Soda Popinski?
Mike Tyson for ear biting assist trophy. :troll:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337

Newcomers:
Villager
Mega Man
Miss Fit/Hee Fit
Rosalina
Little Mac
Greninja

King K. Rool
Palutena
Chrom
Takamaru
Shulk
Pac-Man

You should bring back Krystal, I mean why not since you're adding more.

EDIT: Sorry, I just read your standpoint on her. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom