• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Think of something on the order of this.

....now look at the whiteboard.

You now see Master Hand and Crazy Hand presenting the characters.
Ore maybe it's the hands of Iwata, bringing the characters "directly" to you.

while everyone is busy dissing sandbag i believe it's my chance to post a character prediction of my own without anyone noticing

TETRA FOR SMASH BROS 4
(cue angry mob)
Not a bad choice for a Zelda newcomer.
Though she is not my personal favorite, as I prefer Tingle since I think he could bring more to the table gameplay wise.
Though a quick and fast character with a dagger would be pretty cool.
She is #4 on my Zelda newcomer prediction list.
Tingle > Impa > Vaati > Tetra

Which is not pretty bad considering she is ahead of Ghirahim and Wolf Link.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
Ore maybe it's the hands of Iwata, bringing the characters "directly" to you.

Not a bad choice for a Zelda newcomer.
Though she is not my personal favorite, as I prefer Tingle since I think he could bring more to the table gameplay wise.
Though a quick and fast character with a dagger would be pretty cool.
She is #4 on my Zelda newcomer prediction list.
Tingle > Impa > Vaati > Tetra

Which is not pretty bad considering she is ahead of Ghirahim and Wolf Link.
tingle would be an ok character i suppose but he'll probably be an assist trophy again

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
tingle would be an ok character i suppose but he'll probably be an assist trophy again
I just have a felling he will be the newcomer.
With Rosalina & Luma, Sakurai has shown to want more unique characters this time around, and Tingle seems to scream crazy and unique.

Plus, he is a recurring character, appearing in Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap, Skyward Sword (as a cameo) and in Wind Waker HD.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
I just have a felling he will be the newcomer.
With Rosalina & Luma, Sakurai has shown to want more unique characters this time around, and Tingle seems to scream crazy and unique.

Plus, he is a recurring character, appearing in Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap, Skyward Sword (as a cameo) and in Wind Waker HD.
Tetra would be pretty unique too as long as she isn't made a transformation for toon zelda if that happened then that change's everything

I thought you were baked bread. Anyway how about we talk about Ridley, or are people going to go insane if we do.
ridley for smash bros. 4 i approve that

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I thought you were baked bread. Anyway how about we talk about Ridley, or are people going to go insane if we do.
I think everyone on here agrees Ridley is NOT TOO BIG and will most likely make it in the roster, unless he is a stage hazard which is unlikely.

I think we are talking Zelda now.
I have an idea for a Zelda newcomer idea!
It's in my signature and its not Tingle.

EDIT: Well everyone, I'm off to bed.
I'll be back on the marrow!
GOOD NIGHT SMASHBOARDS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You guys have been straying off topic a little bit. I would to remind everyone of the rules laid out in the OP of the thread.

Last edited:

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
metroid will get another playable character eventually and when it does who better to add then ridley

?????????????

Smash Master
If it isn't it might as well be, but I don't think that's what he's referring to.

I haven't played much Metroid but I will actually be furious if Ridley isn't in.
Just read the OP, looks like it's not okay to have posts that consist either wholly or primarily of a gif, meme, video, etc.

Anyways, Ridley is, in my opinion, the single most significant Nintendo villain to not already be playable in Super Smash Bros. Like Bowser, Dedede, and Ganon, he has been around since NES days and has continued to play a consistently recurring role in the series he hails from. When there's a new Metroid game, you expect that Ridley will be a part of it.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think everyone on here agrees Ridley is NOT TOO BIG and will most likely make it in the roster, unless he is a stage hazard which is unlikely.
I do think he isn't too big, but I am not so sure about him being a "shoe in", to be honest. Or maybe I just don't want to set myself for disappointments. I want him and King K. Rool to be in SSB4 so badly. :(

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Just read the OP, looks like it's not okay to have posts that consist either wholly or primarily of a gif, meme, video, etc.

Anyways, Ridley is, in my opinion, the single most significant Nintendo villain to not already be playable in Super Smash Bros. Like Bowser, Dedede, and Ganon, he has been around since NES days and has continued to play a consistently recurring role in the series he hails from. When there's a new Metroid game, you expect that Ridley will be a part of it.
He's actually more important than King K. Rool, all things considered. He's Metroid's Ganon. He's died so many times, but he just keeps coming back.

Of course, unlike Samus, Ganon doesn't give Link PTSD. (I am still irked by that)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
is using gif's against the rules or something
Posting any material that is liable to derail the thread, such as joke/trolling posts, flaming/or harassing other users over character choice or general opinions, posts consisting solely or comprised primarily of a gif/meme/video/off-topic image/etc, including Smash Bros. memes or troll roster images, discussion about the state of the thread, general off-topic discussion, or any other content that conflicts with the Global Rules of posting are strictly prohibited and will result in penalization.
For now this is a reminder. If things that could potentially derail the thread continue there will be consequences. If you have any other questions regarding the rules feel free to ask.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not a Donkey Kong, Metroid, Fire Emblem, or Golden Sun fan; but I still respect the chances the characters from these franchises have.

Woah, I already said that I respect Little Mac and see that he does have some sort of potential, I just don't think he's a shoe-in or that he's likely for anything more than being an assist trophy again. I have no problem with him making it as a playable character, I'm just not expecting it.

I'm not comparing him to Marth when it comes to where they are in their respective franchise, I'm comparing the two in a gameplay standpoint (Even then, Little Mac still is the face of Punch-Out!!).
You could say Little Mac isn't varied enough when it comes to attacks, that he just punches people.
Well Marth shouldn't be considered viable for the same reason, all he does is swing his sword.
The point was that Fire Emblem is far larger than Punch Out, so it's hard to compare such a small franchise to it. I never said Little Mac being boring was the reason he shouldn't get in, that's just ridiculous, I'm just not a fan of him. I don't find Marth to be that boring anyway, honestly.

I can easily say the same thing about Star Fox, Earthbound, Kid Icarus, Metroid, and even Legend of Zelda for their own variety of reasons.
Of course, Earthbound has already proven that a franchise could get more characters even if it's already got what it "needs".
Besides, the same reasoning you put for F-Zero could easily be applied to Star Fox.
"F-Zero doesn't need anybody else, it's a racing game."
Star Fox doesn't need anybody else, it's an on-rails shooter with three characters that already accurately represent the types of vehicles you pilot. Not even accurately either, as none of their abilities are even done by themselves in their own canon.

I personally feel that F-Zero doesn't need anyone, as being a racing game, no one really does anything that would warrant a playable position outside of the face of the franchise, who doesn't really do anything related to racing in the first place.:laugh:

Again though, I'd have no problems with an F-Zero character either, but being a dead franchise that's again, about racing, I hardly see a second character as being likely at all. I think you're reading into the word "needs" a bit too much there too.

I don't know if you haven't played Adventures, but it plays completely different from the other Star Fox games, and it's the game Krystal originated in. That's why Krystal has more to pull from than other Star Fox characters.​
As for Black Shadow becoming Falcondorf, as plausible as this situation is Black Shadow still has several unique abilities at his disposal.
Like I said before, he's got the potential to be a character that focuses on manipulating his opponent. Something I can't say any other current character is able to do. He wouldn't need to pull an entire moveset out of the whazoo for Black Shadow either.
I'd like Black Shadow for the potential he has, not because he's an F-Zero character (And this is coming from someone who's only played F-Zero on the GBA and gave up playing after 3 races).
Like I keep pointing out, I have no problems with Black Shadow (I'd prefer him over Goroh), but this is my prediction roster, I'm not going to put an unlikely character on it. The reason Krystal stands out in the first place is because of Rosalina, an unnecessary new character to a franchise that Sakurai saw potential in. Rosalina is completely unique to the other Mario characters (and the roster as a whole), Krystal would be unique to the Star Fox crew.

As I said before, I don't see this happening again this time around. Unlike during Melee's development-cycle, the game isn't entirely Japanese focused. The worldwide release of the Brawl Dojo and the Pic of the Day for this game should be alerting the concept that the Sakurai may actually consider the western user base.
Melee wasn't entirely Japan focused, the first game was because they didn't have plans to port it over until it became so insanely popular that they figured it would catch on elsewhere. And even if Sakurai is considering western players, there are a lot of us here that do want Lip, and, if he's considering us, including Lip in Smash would be a way to bring her (unaltered) franchise to us, just like what happened with Fire Emblem.

The issue is not who the character is, it's if their inclusion will be worth the extra effort to bring in more consumers. Snake has an entirely different fanbase from the general Nintendo franchise's crowd. People flocked to the Wii for Brawl for just this one character, as the same with Sonic.
I'd imagine Mega Man's inclusion has brought in the same consideration and thought process that Snake and Sonic did with their fans. But Pac-Man doesn't have such a diverse fanbase as these three characters do. In reality, who would stop what they were doing and buy a Wii U in anticipation to play as Pac-Man in the new Smash? Not a lot.
And that is the issue with putting the effort into adding Pac-Man in the game, he isn't going to determine if people are going to get the game or not.

I'm just saying, a character being wanted or not doesn't matter entirely to Sakurai, even if he is third party. Though you need to think about Miss Fit, even if she is first party, think about it: No "hardcore" players cared about her, or even knew about her (except a very rare few), which was exactly why Sakurai added her, and she also brings in more casual people (possibly anyway). There are still casuals who know who Pac-Man is, even if it isn't that many, a character doesn't need to draw a large crowd in the first place, Sakurai has demonstrated this many times.

Ah, wasn't entirely sure if you were referring it to that like that.
Still, there's no reason for their to be a Punch-Out!! stage without a character. It doesn't make nearly as much sense as the other 5 stages do.
There was no reason for an Animal Crossing stage without a character. There's still a possibility, we seem to be getting a bunch of stages from unrepresented franchises, hell, we even got a Steel Diver item, if that counts for anything.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So back to villains!

How about kamek?
Kamek is so funny in Yoshi's Island, plus I love his design. He should definitely be in SBB, thought I am not sure if he has any chances of being in the upcoming title as a playable character.

?????????????

Smash Master
So back to villains!

How about kamek?
I think Kamek would be a great addition. He has the appearances, he's pretty well established as a character, and in my opinion the only really solid choice for another Yoshi character.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
This has been BY FAR the best reaction for me bringing up Kamek. GG guys. Thanks

That means I like kamek

Last edited:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yay for Kamek! I do wish that Nintendo had made his character design distinguishable from other Magikoopas, but in any case I really like the guy. Lots of potential.

If he doesn't make it as a character, I hope he at least makes it as an Assist Trophy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would love to see these unrepped franchises get a playable character...

Duck Hunt Dog from Duck Hunt...with a moveset full of disjointed hitboxes (ducks, clay pigeons) complete with aiming the cursor and shooting from the fourth wall
Little Mac from Punch-Out!! series... with a moveset all about boxing techniques and collecting stars to perform powerful star punches
Mii from Wii Sports series... with a random moveset based on Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Wii Party, complete with a rocket belt recovery
Pac-Man from Pac-Man series... with an arcade-based moveset... emphasis on right-angular motions and eating dots and ghosts
Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles... a new heavy sword fighter... well, his sword looks pretty heavy
Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle... nimble sword fighter with throwing stars
Wandering Heroes from Find Mii series... a sword-fighting duo with a magic-based moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom