• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Okay, okay, before this kettle sets itself on fire and we start a problem, why don't we discuss something else?

Palutena, perhaps?
Or Zelda?
Insert a Bold Claim here?
It's pretty hard to tell if the Palutena leak is real. Kinda like the fake Ness leak and the fake Jigglypuff leak. (even though no matter what, the original 12 will be in the next game)

?????????????

Smash Master
It's pretty hard to tell if the Palutena leak is real. Kinda like the fake Ness leak and the fake Jigglypuff leak. (even though no matter what, the original 12 will be in the next game)
The interesting thing about that, though, is that people were able to tell right away that the Ness and Jigglypuff were fake. As far as I know, the Palutena one could still be real.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The interesting thing about that, though, is that people were able to tell right away that the Ness and Jigglypuff were fake. As far as I know, the Palutena one could still be real.
I've tried for hours to try and debunk it, but that dang Palutena's Temple statue only HELPS it/debunks any arguements against it. I've failed to debunk it so far so I can't really say yes or no to it being true or fake.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Just because it is a leak, I've decided to just say to myself that it is just a fake, a really good one if I may add. But denying it true will be all the better when she is confirmed.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People did predict the Trainer. And not everyone believes that leak, including myself. See how many rosters have those three all in the roster. A large chunk of us deny Pac-Man and Mii.

I'm making a little idea at the moment, with a giant variable.
I know you predicted the Trainer, just like that guy who made the leak, everyone thinks he had inside info because he called her by name, "Wii Fit Trainer," but then he called Villager "Animal Crossing guy." I mean come on. The only one I see making it is Pac-Man, and even then he probably won't get in, but I have him on my roster for the sake of it. Mii is pretty damned pointless though with Villager and Miss Fit already being there, do we need so many blank generic characters at once?

Made a mistake there, I'm getting pretty tired of going through this so many times. :laugh:

What I mean is, I don't see him as a shoe-in candidate that Sakurai himself thinks "needs to be in this game." But I do see his merits, however small they are, he'd be a good choice if there were no limits on the roster. I do think he is likely to be in SSB4 though, as an assist trophy again. :troll:

OK, make sure to lose a prediction point on yourself when he's confirmed. :chuckle:
Right, I already said that I'll be completely accepting of Little Mac if he gets in, I don't know why you seem to think otherwise, I'm just using my head instead of following the crowd. Though I could say the same to you, if you think the majority of the characters in your sig will get in, you're going to have a hard time.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'm gone back to being neutral about the leak, but I just find it bizarre her playable form's staff would resemble Brawl more while a statue/background element of her resembles the Uprising design more.

Definitely waiting for a Nintendo Direct to see what happens next.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Little Mac always just made sense to me. he seems like a logical new series character and has far more merits than say Shulk for example

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I've tried for hours to try and debunk it, but that dang Palutena's Temple statue only HELPS it/debunks any arguements against it. I've failed to debunk it so far so I can't really say yes or no to it being true or fake.
We just gotta wait until either Nintendo makes us hype, or until the crush our dreams effortlessly.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Right, I already said that I'll be completely accepting of Little Mac if he gets in, I don't know why you seem to think otherwise, I'm just using my head instead of following the crowd. Though I could say the same to you, if you think the majority of the characters in your sig will get in, you're going to have a hard time.
I know, but I'm not afraid to admit that Sable's, Kawahshima's, and Harry's chances are pretty low and I know that not all of them will get in.
At least we agreed on something.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I know you predicted the Trainer, just like that guy who made the leak, everyone thinks he had inside info because he called her by name, "Wii Fit Trainer," but then he called Villager "Animal Crossing guy." I mean come on. The only one I see making it is Pac-Man, and even then he probably won't get in, but I have him on my roster for the sake of it. Mii is pretty damned pointless though with Villager and Miss Fit already being there, do we need so many blank generic characters at once?

Made a mistake there, I'm getting pretty tired of going through this so many times. :laugh:

What I mean is, I don't see him as a shoe-in candidate that Sakurai himself thinks "needs to be in this game." But I do see his merits, however small they are, he'd be a good choice if there were no limits on the roster. I do think he is likely to be in SSB4 though, as an assist trophy again. :troll:

I'm tired of arguing when I'll just be saying the same things over and over. see my last couple things on the subject.

can we please move on now? or at least bring that here?

Mega Magicarp

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am Bidoof's friend and am new here. Hopefully Hopefully I can get the hang of this site soon.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Little Mac always just made sense to me. he seems like a logical new series character and has far more merits than say Shulk for example
No, Little Mac is... you know what? Go back the last page. I'm not explaining this. Shulk, while being a generic Cloud, is recent and the Xenoblade series is coming to Wii U under X (at some point), so at least someone from X would be able to promote the game.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hello, I am Bidoof's friend and am new here. Hopefully Hopefully I can get the hang of this site soon.
Well as you guys can see, this is another one of my friends.

Now there is Bidoof, Magicarp (I know it is misspelled) and Dunsparce.

Please go easy on him, it took it him 15 minutes to even get to his profile page.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I am quite impressed that I am the most prominent member that aligns with that sentiment.
You are one of the members who I see prominently say that specific sentiment. Take the compliment. :)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm tired of arguing when I'll just be saying the same things over and over. see my last couple things on the subject.

can we please move on now? or at least bring that here?
I already tried to tell you all that I'm not changing my stance on Little Mac unless he becomes playable, it's you all who keep trying to change my opinion. Just stop repeating yourself about Little Mac every time I explain to someone why he isn't on my roster, I'm just answering their curiosity, no need for you to repeat yourself.

And I'm not going to go in Little Mac's thread and talk bad about him, that's just completely rude. I don't consciously try to put down character, I'm just trying to defend my own position in this, which I wouldn't have to do if you guys stopped bringing it up.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
No, Little Mac is... you know what? Go back the last page. I'm not explaining this. Shulk, while being a generic Cloud, is recent and the Xenoblade series is coming to Wii U under X (at some point), so at least someone from X would be able to promote the game.
so Shulks whole point would be to promote a game that he may or may not be in... ok then

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
thats still a piss poor reason. especially considering u can make just as equal an impact with a stage or assist trophy
Well, Little Mac doesn't have many good reasons to be playable in SSB4 either, because he's an assist trophy in Brawl, and to be honest, I'd like him to stay that way.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Oh I dunno, maybe because I don't think Little Mac is a shoe-in, like I've already explained? And Little Mac isn't obvious, people are just clinging to that "leak" for dear life, if Little Mac is obvious, then Miss Fit wasn't a surprise choice at all. :laugh:
To be fair, many people thought Mac was likely before the "leak" was even a thing. Heck, even before we knew Smash4 was even going to be shown at E3 Mac was a popular candidate.
If one's only reason for thinking Little Mac is likely is because of the leak then they're doing it wrong. :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Even Mewtwo isn't a shoo-in.
I would honestly argue the opposite perspective tooth and nail. Mewtwo is the only character that has literally nothing negative, only positive notions can be ascribed to the only character planned extensively in each and every Smash incarnation. Honestly, only a gaming icon like Sonic the Hedgehog could prevent his inclusion, that was pre-Brawl, of course. He had nothing noteworthy attributed to his essence at that time and he didn't have a very popular play-style. As of current, he is prominent, prevalent, iconic. If you are blatantly disregarding that he is one of the only feasible Pokemon still missing from Brawl's roster (no other Pokemon could take his slot), I question your sanity.

I already see what you are getting at, "no one is shoe-in, look at Mewtwo in Brawl," again, that only lends to his likelihood this time around. There is literally NO way he would skip one of the most popular Pokemon... THE MOST requested potential character a second time around. Nobody takes his priority and he is one of the ONLY Smash characters alluded to in the context of Smash 4. You are delusional if you think Lucario, who wasn't intended to replace Mewtwo, is going to usurp Mewtwo in this iteration. They were meant to co-exist and they will co-exist.

The notion I wish to make apparent and illuminate is that everything that directly opposes him is circumstantial, not only are the negative connotations attenuated by the very premise that they actually aid his chances, but Sakurai has thoroughly refuted each and every claim made against him.

So yes, he is "shoe-in."

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Well, Little Mac doesn't have many good reasons to be playable in SSB4 either, because he's an assist trophy in Brawl, and to be honest, I'd like him to stay that way.
and one of the highest selling NES games, 3 game count (4 if u count arm wrestling which is more of a spinoff designed by the same team), 5 other game cameos, continues to be one of the highest selling Virtual Console games and even starred in 3 of his own Nintendo comic stories. but ok thats ur opinion. i just feel as if he warrants it more than a series that may or may not be a big deal in the future.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
To be fair, many people thought Mac was likely before the "leak" was even a thing. Heck, even before we knew Smash4 was even going to be shown at E3 Mac was a popular candidate.
If one's only reason for thinking Little Mac is likely is because of the leak then they're doing it wrong. :troll:
Except everyone keeps saying that "Little Mac is a shoe-in" and "if it's a prediction roster, then Little Mac should be on it."

You know who's been popular candidates since before even Brawl and still haven't made it in? King K. Rool and Ridley. I don't go around calling them shoe-ins even though they're the two most requested newcomers and are far above Little Mac in terms of requests. In fact, I still fear they may not make it, as much as I wish they would get in, there's always that chance. Krystal was a popular choice for Brawl too, but Sakurai didn't even know about it and we got Wolf instead. Even if Little Mac is popular, that doesn't mean **** until we know what Sakurai thinks, or if he even knows about it. He might think he was a good assist and leave it at that.

Last edited:

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
i thought you guys used to consider little mac to be a "shoo in" character hmmmm i guess things here change in any case while i want him in this game there are several characters that might get in before he does

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I would honestly argue the opposite perspective tooth and nail. Mewtwo is the only character that has literally nothing negative, only positive notions can be ascribed to the only character planned extensively in each and every Smash incarnation. Honestly, only a gaming icon like Sonic the Hedgehog could prevent his inclusion, that was pre-Brawl, of course. He had nothing noteworthy attributed to his essence at that time and he didn't have a very popular play-style. As of current, he is prominent, prevalent, iconic. If you are blatantly disregarding that he is one of the only feasible Pokemon still missing from Brawl's roster (no other Pokemon could take his slot), I question your sanity.

I already see what you are getting at, "no one is shoe-in, look at Mewtwo in Brawl," again, that only lends to his likelihood this time around. There is literally NO way he would skip one of the most popular Pokemon... THE MOST requested potential character a second time around. Nobody takes his priority and he is one of the ONLY Smash characters alluded to in the context of Smash 4. You are delusional if you think Lucario, who wasn't intended to replace Mewtwo, is going to usurp Mewtwo in this iteration. They were meant to co-exist and they will co-exist.

The notion I wish to make apparent and illuminate is that everything that directly opposes him is circumstantial, not only are the negative connotations attenuated by the very premise that they actually aid his chances, but Sakurai has thoroughly refuted each and every claim made against him.

So yes, he is "shoe-in."
I think the only true "shoo-in" characters are the likes of Yoshi, Wario, Diddy, Metaknight and a few others I'm probably forgetting. Mewtwo is incredibly likely, I would be shocked if he isn't playable, but there's still a very minor chance he couldn't be. There's always the possibility that Sakurai might decide that Pikachu, Jigs, Pokemon Trainer (who is basically three characters in one) and Lucario are enough for the Pokemon series. Admittedly we don't even know for sure if Pokemon Trainer is coming back, or maybe even Jigs, but I'd be even more surprised if they don't come back than Mewtwo.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Except everyone keeps saying that "Little Mac is a shoe-in" and "if it's a prediction roster, then Little Mac should be on it."

You know who's been popular candidates since before even Brawl and still haven't made it in? King K. Rool and Ridley. I don't go around calling them shoe-ins even though they're the two most requested newcomers and are far above Little Mac in terms of requests. In fact, I still fear they may not make it, as much as I wish they would get in, there's always that chance. Krystal was a popular choice for Brawl too, but Sakurai didn't even know about it and we got Wolf instead. Even if Little Mac is popular, that doesn't mean **** until we know what Sakurai thinks, or if he even knows about it. He might think he was a good assist and leave it at that.
If you're making a prediction roster, shouldn't you include the likely characters?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Cool, I hope you're not an alt. account of Mega Bidoof. :p
He is not.
He is my other friend named Chris.

It's just a very huge coincidence that both Dunsparce and Magicarp's name is Chris?

I'm not lying.

Why did you spell Magikarp incorrectly? That is bothering me to an unusual extent.
He was lazily making the account and forgot to look up the proper spelling. :p

Morbi

Scavenger

You know who's been popular candidates since before Brawl and still haven't made it in? King K. Rool and Ridley. I don't go around calling them shoe-ins even though they're the two most requested newcomers and are far above Little Mac in terms of requests. In fact, I still fear they may not make it, as much as I wish they would get in, there's always that chance. Krystal was a popular choice for Brawl too, but Sakurai didn't even know about it and we got Wolf instead. Even if Little Mac is popular, that doesn't mean **** until we know what Sakurai thinks, or if he even knows about it. He might think he was a good assist and leave it at that.
If it makes you feel any better, I too find their arguments utterly fallacious, there is no way Mac is "shoe-in," I don't even find him to be entirely likely. Again, you are obviously entitled to your own opinions, and they aren't really alluding to any evidence that would indicate that he is even likely. That being said, you would be incorrect to assert that Little Mac isn't one of the more likely candidates. Objectively speaking, he has much more aspects that are favorable in a speculation setting than most.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
and one of the highest selling NES games, 3 game count (4 if u count arm wrestling which is more of a spinoff designed by the same team), 5 other game cameos, continues to be one of the highest selling Virtual Console games and even starred in 3 of his own Nintendo comic stories. but ok thats ur opinion.
From that logic, Sly Cooper has been confirmed for SSB4. Just because a character is popular doesn't mean that they're gonna be in SSB4.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If you're making a prediction roster, shouldn't you include the likely characters?
How many times do I need to repeat that I don't think Little Mac is as likely as people believe?

Do you know how many "obvious" and "shoe-in" characters for Brawl weren't even considered by Sakurai?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom