• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Yeah, but more people want Krystal than Slippy, that's the point.
That isn't the current topic of discussion. At least, not initially.

The question that was posed merely asked how people thought/feel about a hypothetical scenario in which Slippy got into Smash, and not how likely he actually is (with or without in relation to Krystal).

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
How is it that you can expect to be so confident, so c**ksure that you'll be right about a really bold statement as that?
Cliff, I'm warning you to stop. Golden is not of this world in regards to arguments. He is the one the gods fear. The devil's ruler, the middle slice of bread.

D

Deleted member

May seem pointless & "Not happening" but what would you think for our DK newcomer (Lets say in theory we might have another) we got Cranky Kong?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Cliff, I'm warning you to stop. Golden is not of this world in regards to arguments. He is the one the gods fear. The devil's ruler, the middle slice of bread.
Oh, well I guess you have a point, but I don't see any reason stated here that we can't have Krystal, that's all.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
A Krystal discussion that wasn't started by/involve me in some way? I'm touched. :p

No, but seriously, while not the most likely character, I do find it rather insulting that most people hate Krystal thanks to something she's not even associated with. I personally just like the idea of a Staff user, I couldn't really care less who uses it, it's just Krystal is the most likely person to use it.

D

Deleted member

May seem pointless & "Not happening" but what would you think for our DK newcomer (Lets say in theory we might have another) we got Cranky Kong?
I would actually be happy.
Would be disappointed if the lovable fat croc didn't join in as well, but Cranky is too good for me to be too distraught.

How is it that you can expect to be so confident, so c**ksure that you'll be right about a really bold statement as that?
Simple thing called "logic".

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Who needs Ike when we can have the Ike Climbers?
:troll:
I'm torn between tiny people who climb on Ike, or the image of Nana and Popo with Ike as their faces.

EDIT: GOLDEN. Why have I not seen you around here lately? You never write or call. You're probably going around and messing around with other trainers as you roam the world whilst sleeping, you lavish Entei.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm torn between tiny people who climb on Ike, or the image of Nana and Popo with Ike as their faces.

EDIT: GOLDEN. Why have I not seen you around here lately? You never write or call. You're probably going around and messing around with other trainers as you roam the world whilst sleeping, you lavish Entei.
Haven't been posting as much lately, and been off stomping around Tokyo in my sleep.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Palutena.

:troll:
Will use light magic, her staff is not a physical weapon and will most likely not be styled to be that of an actual long-reach staff user ALA Kilik from Soul Calibur. If anything, Palutena has a closer change of being designed after Mu-12 than an actual staff user.

Haven't been posting as much lately, and been off stomping around Tokyo in my sleep.
Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for your battle against Hokmuto?

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Will use light magic, her staff is not a physical weapon and will most likely not be styled to be that of an actual long-reach staff user ALA Kilik from Soul Calibur. If anything, Palutena has a closer change of being designed after Mu-12 than an actual staff user.
Bandana Dee

;)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So does anyone feel like talking about Dankey Kang? I'm starting to warm up to the idea of having Cranky in the roster. Though whether it would happen or not is a different question. Though right now, I still kind of prefer K. Rool and Dixie.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Bandana Dee

;)
Uses a spear, not a staff, and is too small and stubby to have an acrobatic moveset that usually befits a Staff user. Not to mention Bandana Dee is in the same position as Krystal, both being characters from franchises with enough characters as is.

So does anyone feel like talking about Dankey Kang? I'm starting to warm up to the idea of having Cranky in the roster. Though whether it would happen or not is a different question. Though right now, I still kind of prefer K. Rool and Dixie.
If we can have classic "Cranky" Cranky (Tropical Freeze Cranky's fine, but he's just a bit too...nice? Then again, he was originally designed to be nice before it was changed so whatever) I don't see a problem with it. However, I wouldn't put him ahead of K.Rool by any means.

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to see a return of Dankey Kang.

Whenever I play DK now, I can only be Dankey Kang.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Uses a spear, not a staff, and is too small and stubby to have an acrobatic moveset that usually befits a Staff user. Not to mention Bandana Dee is in the same position as Krystal, both being characters from franchises with enough characters as is.
......Um

Gandalf?

D

Deleted member

Yeti Donkey Kong is best DK character.

"Welcome to the Himalayas!!!"

D

Deleted member

...isn't a spear just a staff with a blade added?

EDIT: Besides, if all ye want is a fighter that beats people up with sticks, there's always Cranky.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
...isn't a spear just a staff with a blade added?

EDIT: Besides, if all ye want is a fighter that beats people up with sticks, there's always Cranky.
More or less, yeah. Though a spear's fighting style tends to have more focus on pokes rather than swipes, for some reason. That's just another weird thing in games and media I suppose. Either way, it's shouldn't be that big of a deal as either weapon would still be unique to Smash Bros as of now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it safe to assume Wario's moveset will likely not get changed in SSB4?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Never been a fan of blades on a stick. This coming from years of using various poles and staffs.

Chainsaws, on the other hand.
Althought not that big a Gears fan, I love the weapon designs. You know you're overkill when your basic bayonet is a freaking chainsaw. Regardless, there's no character that could use a weapon like that from Nintendo sadly.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Althought not that big a Gears fan, I love the weapon designs. You know you're overkill when your basic bayonet is a freaking chainsaw. Regardless, there's no character that could use a weapon like that from Nintendo sadly.

In my dreams maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom