• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know what'd be real cool? Multiple final smashes at once. I'd like to imagine what Luigi's poultergeist would do to the other final smashes, if anything. I can see it countering Mario's mega fireball by sucking it all up, or Wario making Kirby's cooking pot explode from his powerful odor. It wouldn't be all that common as smash balls obviously only get broken by one person, although maybe if two hit it at once...?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know what'd be real cool? Multiple final smashes at once. I'd like to imagine what Luigi's poultergeist would do to the other final smashes, if anything. I can see it countering Mario's mega fireball by sucking it all up, or Wario making Kirby's cooking pot explode from his powerful odor. It wouldn't be all that common as smash balls obviously only get broken by one person, although maybe if two hit it at once...?

Like this?

D

Deleted member

Like this?
I should have known someone had done something like this already.

Edit: On second thought, not quite like that... I was thinking more different final smashes, against one another.

This video is fantastic nonetheless, thanks for linking it. Probably saw it years ago but totally new to me now.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also new topic, but am I the only person that thinks people are too quick to label something as unoriginal, or at least drab?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
To early for troll reveals way to early, its just gonna piss people off.
not really, if it's before E3, everyone would forget about because E3 is coming up, especially since after E3 might be the last one, being the freshest on peoples minds, and during E3 might be bad (or we get WFT 2.0)

or you could pull a ROB, and have everyone whine about it after it's revealed

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good evening fellow Smash Bros fans. We've gone a whole month without reveals, but ended it on a positive note with Luigi's new Poltergust final smash. We're destined to get a new addition to the Smash Bros family today, so I decided I'd go ahead and draw up our current five newcomers again:

Who will be the next newcomer to join these five all-stars? We'll find out in about two weeks or so.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Good evening fellow Smash Bros fans. We've gone a whole month without reveals, but ended it on a positive note with Luigi's new Poltergust final smash. We're destined to get a new addition to the Smash Bros family today, so I decided I'd go ahead and draw up our current five newcomers again:

Who will be the next newcomer to join these five all-stars? We'll find out in about two weeks or so.
Obviously Vaati, because Wynaut?:awesome:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I'm honestly gonna place my bets on Chrom, Shulk, Palutena, Issac, or Krystal during the April direct.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

A newcomer isn't exactly guaranteed, as luigi and Sonic were also direct reveals. If Sakurai has a tweet about the direct, then it's either a 3rd party character or newcomer, because he's only (so far) tweeted about directs with smash bros trailers in them.
I for one am extremely biased towards snake and think that the character drought means we'll see him soon.
(massive drought after sonic, after all)

Also, love the pictures!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
For me, I expect no Chrom and Isaac reveal.
Maybe a Takamaru reveal, or maybe a Ridley reveal if he does the stage hazard April Fools reveal.
I have no idea at all, it's probably going someone that's not popularly suggested for a direct.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Also new topic, but am I the only person that thinks people are too quick to label something as unoriginal, or at least drab?
Do you have any specific characters in mind?

Maybe Little Mac? I know that some people quickly labeled the idea of a boxer boring or unoriginal. Although I've always imagined him to have a more simple moveset, that doesn't necessarily mean I find it dull. And seeing his trailer, I'm genuinely interested in the fighter. Everyone has different views and things that intrigue them, but I'd rather make my final judgment on a character once I've played them, and then decide whether I think they're "boring" or "fun".

Like what's been said before, I guess some people don't know much about said characters, or maybe they have a hard time imagining things? Or maybe it's because they let their close-mindedness cloud their judgment? Though I think most of us are guilty of this at some level.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
In Japan, Lucina seems to be their Chrom, or at least in popularity, and she was about as important as Chrom in Awakening, so I could see her being revealed instead of Chrom.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Er...that question of "Who'll be the next challenger" was rhetorical and was just a play-off to get people excited for the up and coming month and appreciate the art but okay...you all have good choices. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Do you have any specific characters in mind?

Maybe Little Mac? I know that some people quickly labeled the idea of a boxer boring or unoriginal. Although I've always imagined him to have a more simple moveset, that doesn't necessarily mean I find it dull. And seeing his trailer, I'm genuinely interested in the fighter. Everyone has different views and things that intrigue them, but I'd rather make my final judgment on a character once I've played them, and then decide whether I think they're "boring" or "fun".

Like what's been said before, I guess some people don't know much about said characters, or maybe they have a hard time imagining things? Or maybe it's because they let their close-mindedness cloud their judgment? Though I think most of us are guilty of this at some level.
Well, there are a few examples. For example, people claiming Dixie will absolutely be a Diddy Kong clone, even though that's ignoring her trademark ponytail and the fact that she doesn't have a barrel jetpack like Diddy. Hell, I even went out of my way to compare her to Millia Rage from Guilty Gear to provide some inspiration. Similarly there is Dillon and Sonic, even though that's again ignoring a notable characteristic between the two where Dillon uses his large claws to land deep cuts into his opponents and has the ability to burrow. In fact I'd compare Dillon more so to Wolf then Sonic.

Also, people seem to forget that there isn't just one type of punch or kick. Like for example with Little Mac I had to explain that there is varies types of punches, like jabs, uppercuts, body hooks, hammer fists, and sucker punches. That's not even including boxing maneuvers like counters, blocks, and dodges.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Well, it just depends on the person, I suppose. I don't see it too much, but then you see people who say Ridley is just a purple Charizard. There's being dismissive of something, then there's being an idiot.

For example, people claiming Dixie will absolutely be a Diddy Kong clone, even though that's ignoring her trademark ponytail and the fact that she doesn't have a barrel jetpack like Diddy.
Although I do believe that there's such a thing as looking too far into things. Based on previous experiences, Dixie would, more than likely, be a Diddy (semi-)clone with a different Up-B and probably a few different A moves. Having a ponytail grants Dixie a few new options, not an entire moveset. Especially since she is literally just Diddy with a pontyail.

Also there's Miis, they automatically get hated by the community, I'm betting they are just following the people who hate them.
Everybody has their own reasons for hating Mii, but none of them are really any deeper than "I don't like them".

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, there are a few examples. For example, people claiming Dixie will absolutely be a Diddy Kong clone, even though that's ignoring her trademark ponytail and the fact that she doesn't have a barrel jetpack like Diddy. Hell, I even went out of my way to compare her to Millia Rage from Guilty Gear to provide some inspiration. Similarly there is Dillon and Sonic, even though that's again ignoring a notable characteristic between the two where Dillon uses his large claws to land deep cuts into his opponents and has the ability to burrow. In fact I'd compare Dillon more so to Wolf then Sonic.

Also, people seem to forget that there isn't just one type of punch or kick. Like for example with Little Mac I had to explain that there is varies types of punches, like jabs, uppercuts, body hooks, hammer fists, and sucker punches. That's not even including boxing maneuvers like counters, blocks, and dodges.
I see what you mean with Dillon. Dillon and Sonic have various characteristic that really differentiate each other Okay, they both roll, but Kirby and Jiggs both "fly"... or have multiple jumps that resemble floating? (whatever you want to call it lol), so I really don't see the problem here. Having claws would definitely make his standard moves stand out, which I'd be surprised if the armadillo wouldn't use any slashing attacks. I'd love to see those large claws in action!

He's more of a dark horse pick for me, but I wouldn't mind Dillon in Smash.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Welp guys looks like Chrom is real guys...

Ba. What stage is that? Clouds? That's not Battlefield, I tell ya.
This one's no Tuna leak, pretty sure the boys over at R+L will get this one dead quick.
Though I doubt some FE13 character isn't in the game. And if that is the model, they did good justice. And this photo is just priceless!

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, Sakurai has his reasons for him being included if that is indeed real, and of course that means he's going to be a unique character as it's all about the uniqueness this time around (As much as some would like to disagree with it being possible). I think we may finally see a Fire Emblem character using a lance in his moveset. Knowing Sakurai, he added in something none of us have thought of.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Okay three things.
1. Why is this even in someone's house, how could this person have gotten something like this.
2. It looks shopped in, somewhat, but the model does look very nice.
3. Why is the irategamer on the left im scared help

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Ba. What stage is that? Clouds? That's not Battlefield, I tell ya.
This one's no Tuna leak, pretty sure the boys over at R+L will get this one dead quick.
Though I doubt some FE13 character isn't in the game. And if that is the model, they did good justice. And this photo is just priceless!

Just clouds in the background isn't unlike anything we've seen before. It's Skyloft from an odd angle apparently.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Wow. The guy that took that picture sure seems like a happy dude right? I'm going to remain hesitant until we get something to make this leak seem legit. Heck, I still have some doubt on the Palutena one. But this Chrom leak doesn't seem quite as legit yet.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Not buying it. Why is that thing in some random house? And of course there's the fact that this is April Fools... Also, while the model doesn't look too bad, it seems a little low on detail. With that Palutena leak, we got a very good look at a ton of intricate details on her dress and whatnot. This seems a little less so, if that makes any sense.

So yeah, I'm calling fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom