• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It used to happen to me all the time. Like "wonder if this will happen" and then it did. I was all like woah I'm psychic!

Was a while ago though. I grew out of it.
You grew out of it because you lost faith.
All you have to do is believe, and then the universe shall be your toy, and it shall obey your every whim.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to the gym and beat the crap outta some Sandbags and just hope for the best.
See you all later!

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This actually happens concerning myself and weird dreams sometimes.
Once I had this dream I was talking to Sakurai, and he asked me my 3 most wanted characters for Smash. I said N64 Logo, Skull Kid, and Reggie (who were my favorites at the time), and he smiled and told me to remember to check the website.
Then I woke up, checked the website, and Skull Kid was confirmed as an assist.
Still waiting on those other 2.

But this is getting really off topic, and all dream/vision-predictions should be kept to the SSB4 Dream Thread.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Once I had this dream I was talking to Sakurai, and he asked me my 3 most wanted characters for Smash. I said N64 Logo, Skull Kid, and Reggie (who were my favorites at the time), and he smiled and told me to remember to check the website.

But this is getting really off topic, and all dream/vision-predictions should be kept to the SSB4 Dream Thread.
Just a reminder that dreams are not any sort of evidence for anything Smash related.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Huh, weird.
For me, it's different.

If something bad happens before, something better happens later.
If it's good? Then the latter turns out bad.

But back to topic.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So how about that really underrated third party Mario character whose name may or may not start with "G"?
Gmallow? :troll:

But seriously, as much as I like Geno, I feel he is more overrated than underrated. He was a one-shot character, just like the stars from Paper Mario, or the Shroobs from Partners in Time.
The only thing he has going for him is his popularity, which has died down since Brawl days.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not to mention he's pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of things...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's too bad Nintendo hasn't rereleased/can't rerelease Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I'd buy it for 3DS in less than a heartbeat if it had extra content. Not because of Geno though, more like because it's an actually fun game that I'd like to show my non-Nintendo friends about without resorting to emulators.

One character that I'd like to see back though would be Zero Suit Samus... STILL CROSSING MY FINGERS HERE!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Are the Mario RPGs even canon with other Mario games?
Wait.....does Mario even have canon?
Hmmmm.....

I gotta go. I'm going to try to make a Super Mario Timeline, with all the RPGs and Spin-Offs like Kart, Party, and Sports too.

It's too bad Nintendo hasn't rereleased/can't rerelease Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
You know it's for the original Wii Virtual Console, right?

Last edited:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You know it's for the original Wii Virtual Console, right?
I don't consider that a release. To me that's worse than simply getting it to run on an emulator, since you have to pay for it (I mean seriously, we couldn't get the game anymore once SNES games stopped being produced so as an alternative means the communities got them as ROMs for free, then all of a sudden because they're in the Virtual Console we now have to pay for them again?). I want a hard copy of the game instead, a la LoZ:OoT 3D.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Oh boy. Warning here: You guys asked for this.

Rant starts HERE:
I see where you're getting at, but outside of the Slime from Dragon Quest, no other Square Enix character has the same ties to Nintendo, and symbolism of company relations.

And Geno debuted almost single handedly the concept of Stars as an important source and symbol of power and wisdom (where's the Starforce of Courage?) that theyso eloquently portray in games such as Galaxy 1 and 2 and Paper Mario, to name a few.

Geno also has moveset potential that tops King K. Rool in terms of sheer possibilities. Detachable rocket arms, pellet pistol fingers, Rapid fire pellet arms, a few punch and kick moves, potential for controlled explosions similar to Mario's Forward Smash. And that's just a few A move ideas! The Geno Whirl, Beam, Boost, etc. could be implemented as Specials and the Final Smash, this stuff writes itself down.

And despite his Square status, like Layton, he's a Nintendo character at heart. Not only has Sakurai acknowledged him on the Brawl and Melee poll, but along with Ridley, Geno was one of the only characters in the Top 10 of Brawls results not to be included.

...Whew, it's getting late. I'm gonna go grab a Pepsi or something.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd rather buy the games and have a hard copy, not download it.
This. I would only download digital games if the hard copies are no longer available on the market and are too damn expensive on eBay and Amazon OR they are only digitally available.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not to derail the current subject, but I must swiftly butt in.

I'm doing a wee bit or preliminary research and won't be using this information for awhile, but I'll keep in mind what I get.

Anyway, here is my question. If Snake is in fact confirmed to not be playable in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, would you support a movement to try and get him back?

The reason I ask this is that I plan on doing so considering Snake is my favorite character to play as most of the time in Smash Bros Brawl, and I'm simply trying to get opinions on the idea.

Thanks in advance! I truly appreciate it.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

I'm doing a wee bit or preliminary research and won't be using this information for awhile, but I'll keep in mind what I get.

Anyway, here is my question. If Snake is in fact confirmed to not be playable in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, would you support a movement to try and get him back?

The reason I ask this is that I plan on doing so considering Snake is my favorite character to play as most of the time in Smash Bros Brawl, and I'm simply trying to get opinions on the idea.

I would support the movement to get him back.

Gune

Smash Lord

Maybe It depends on the situation of his exclusion.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I never played much of Snake in Brawl, but as a fan of MGS, I appreciated his inclusion, and would think his exclusion this time around to be unfortunate.

What would a SSBV fan campaign consist of, though? Fan petitions or something?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I would probably be one of the first members if this happened.

I'm anti-cut. I don't want to lose anyone.

This brings up a question.... What do you folks think about a no cut scenario?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I never played much of Snake in Brawl, but as a fan of MGS, I appreciated his inclusion, and would think his exclusion this time around to be unfortunate.

What would a SSBV fan campaign consist of, though? Fan petitions or something?
That's up for debate. I'm thinking attempting a good petition, Facebook page, a big support thread in this section of the forums, I would need a few people to get support from users on other sites...but that's all if Snake doesn't come back. We don't know about that just yet.

I hope I wouldn't have to. I would support other character's coming back as well, but I'd like to focus on Snake.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

I thought we weren't allowed to post videos? Especially since that particular video has nothing to do with Smash. And you're a mod.
My understanding of the rules is....

posts consisting solely or comprised primarily of a gif/meme/video/off-topic image/etc, including Smash Bros. memes or troll roster images, discussion about the state of the thread, general off-topic discussion, or any other content that conflicts with the Global Rules of posting are strictly prohibited and will result in penalization.
I made a clear point in the post and raised on-topic discussion along with it. I think its fine.

If other mods have a problem with that then, please tell me. I will edit the post.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Seeing as Brawl didn't have the clone extravaganza Melee did, I would definitely like to see all of them return to this game. Plus Mewtwo from Melee, who was far from a clone and really should have been in Brawl as well. However, I could live without Lucas, and maybe Wolf as well. But that's just me.

Oh, and I definitely want Snake back. Losing him would be really saddening.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I made a clear point in the post and raised on topic discussion along with it. I think its fine.

If other mods have a problem with that then, please tell me. I will edit the post.
Well I got penalized for trying to get the thread on topic by using a short 10 second video in a collapse tag.

I should think that your post also "breaks the rules" but I guess I'm not the one to say.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm a bit confident about a no cut scenario. It would be a dream come true, to be honest. The only cut I wouldn't have been too bummed about is Lucario, and he's back. Now I worry for Ike.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I really want Snake to come back too, but isn't it a bit late at this point to make a petition? Smash is supposed to come out this year so I can't imagine there would really be enough time to make a petition, send it to Sakurai, and finally for him to create a character.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I really want Snake to come back too, but isn't it a bit late at this point to make a petition? Smash is supposed to come out this year so I can't imagine there would really be enough time to make a petition, send it to Sakurai, and finally for him to create a character.
The petition idea presented earlier concerned the prospect of Snake not getting into SSB4, leading to a fan campaign for re-inclusion in SSB5.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I made a clear point in the post and raised on-topic discussion along with it. I think its fine.

It's a slippery slope. Especially if people see mods posting off-topic vids. I'd say anything off-topic that could contribute towards the decline or derailment of the thread is better off not posted.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Oh, in that case, I would definitely support a petition. Snake is a really fun and unique character and I'd hate to see him cut.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd gladly take it, there's no character in Brawl that should be removed as all are strong characters with good reasons to stay. Plus, all of them have fanbases that would love to see them back and would hate to see them leave. So I honestly hope it's what we get out of the roster.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
The only cuts that I wouldn't really care about would have been Toon Link and Lucas. In Toon Link's case, I was never too thrilled about having two versions of the same character, especially if they were clones (Wolf Link would have been fine for example). As for Lucas, I'll admit that I'm a bit biased since I've never played the Earthbound games so I wouldn't really miss him if he were to be cut. I do prefer using Lucas to Ness though.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm pretty sure Snake's in. We already know that Sakurai doesn't give a crap about the Console Wars, given that he himself is a fan of Sony's products and personally thought the PS4 was sleek and interesting to look at.
http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-reviews-the-ps4-1542882797

If he isn't playable, then I'm near-certain that the fan demand would be loud enough for Nintendo and Konami to take into serious consideration for next time.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I want to talk about that rumoured image from the Offical Nintendo of Europe Magazine..it could be April Fools but maybe not..i am not 100% sure but maybe just maybe Layton will be the next charcter annouced

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
So the new pic of the day is interesting to say the least. Shows us two things about Luigi: One, he has a new Final Smash, and two, his vacuum won't be a part of his unrevealed specials or grabs after all.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
that smash is ready oh man i wonder how it effects the battlefield or maybe it'll just suck :troll:

Moderator Edit: Do not use the Pic of the Day URL when posting the newest screenshot; use a permanent link instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

Of course id back it, ive been fighting for him this long, might as well ensure that fight continues. It would be nice to at least have some allies, sometimes outside of here it feels like im the only one doing it. Since so many sites and other people (the amount is staggering) rain down the hammer of hate on snake almost instinctively for one dumb assumption or another, while using the reasons they have made up to exile him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom