• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of transforming characters:

[collapse=Ditto Moveset!!]
Ditto Moveset (SSB4)
Neutral Attacks
Jab: Transform
Forward Tilt: Transform
Up Tilt: Transform
Down tilt: Transform
Dash attack: Transform

Smash Attacks
Forward Smash: Transform
Up Smash: Transform
Down Smash: Transform

Aerial Attacks
Neutral Aerial: Transform
Forward Aerial: Transform
Back Aerial: Transform
Up Aerial: Transform
Down Aerial: Transform

Grabs/Throws
Grab: Transform
Pummel: Transform
Forward Throw: Transform
Back Throw: Transform
Up Throw: Transform
Down Throw: Transform

Special Moves:Transform
Neutral Special : Transform
Side Special: Transform
Up Special: Transform
Down Special: Transform

Other Moves: Transform
Ledge Attack: Transform
100% Ledge Attack: Transform
Floor attack: Transform
Final Smash: Imposter ability
[/collapse]
Fix'd

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I consider anyone with an 80+% chance to be a shoo-in.
Because more likely than not they make it. My definition of shoo-in is looser than everyone else's.
I also consider a DK character and a FE character practically guaranteed.
I also consider a DK character and a FE character practically guaranteed, regardless of what cynics on this forum say.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I have a guaranteed list of characters

Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Fox
Kirby
Pikachu
Ness
Captian Falcon
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Zelda
Ganondorf
Marth
Pit
Olimar
Meta Knight
Wario
King Dedede
Diddy Kong

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I could totally chill with the fine selection of Nintendo All-Stars.

Okay, let's see...yeah, that's pretty much the best roster you've made so far. I would be completely satisfied with it (well, that's almost true, but I can't detract points for it). The leader of the bunch is joined by a couple of his esteemed colleagues, and there is a fair share of newcomers for new and old series. My favorite thing, though, is that you have Pacman without Mac or Mii, telling me you don't put stock in that Little-Pac-Mii hogwash.

- Takamaru and Lip - Both technically retro/obscure characters, and the most ideal choices, I might add.
- Isaac - After learning more about Isaac, it's occurred to me more people should want him...
- Ridley - Of course. Though I think the Other M look will be used.
- Roy - Eh, really the only choice I don't really agree with.
- Dixie and K. Rool - While it's unlikely, we really should get them both this time.
- Krystal - Contrary to what most of us believe, she has a very real chance and is highly requested.
- Palutena - Given.
- Pacman - I didn't know you cared for Pacman.
Funnily enough, this is my usual roster, it hasn't changed since last year.

~Takamaru is one that I'd be shocked not to see, and Lip is my "wtf character" choice, seeing as there apparently needs to be one.
~Isaac isn't a personal choice, rather a lot of people want to see him, I originally had Saki here at one time instead.
~Ridley is pretty self explanatory, though I still think he'll use his original design given that M:OM Ridley wasn't the actual Ridley.
~Roy is my Fire Emblem placeholder as usual, I really can't be arsed to pick through any of the oh so controversial choices so I just went with a veteran.
~K. Rool is also self explanatory, Dixie is there because I can't see a tag team between her and Diddy actually happening since it failed the first time.
~Krystal, well, Sakurai has a thing for Star Fox, and she's a popular and unique choice, so there's always the possibility.
~Palutena as you said, a given.
~Pac-Man, I do believe that the "leak" was a load of ****, but I still think Pac-Man has a shot considering Namco and all. He isn't as "boring" as people think either.

They aren't very iconic or popular
What does iconic or popular have to do with anything? Lip and Tiki are popular anyway, and the Salesman is iconic enough to anyone who played Majora's Mask.

And did you miss the very big, bolded text that said "This isn't a serious roster"?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Funnily enough, this is my usual roster, it hasn't changed since last year.

~Takamaru is one that I'd be shocked not to see, and Lip is my "wtf character" choice, seeing as there apparently needs to be one.
~Isaac isn't a personal choice, rather a lot of people want to see him, I originally had Saki here at one time instead.
~Ridley is pretty self explanatory, though I still think he'll use his original design given that M:OM Ridley wasn't the actual Ridley.
~Roy is my Fire Emblem placeholder as usual, I really can't be arsed to pick through any of the oh so controversial choices so I just went with a veteran.
~K. Rool is also self explanatory, Dixie is there because I can't see a tag team between her and Diddy actually happening since it failed the first time.
~Krystal, well, Sakurai has a thing for Star Fox, and she's a popular and unique choice, so there's always the possibility.
~Palutena as you said, a given.
~Pac-Man, I do believe that the "leak" was a load of ****, but I still think Pac-Man has a shot considering Namco and all. He isn't as "boring" as people think either.

What does iconic or popular have to do with anything? Lip and Tiki are popular anyway, and the Salesman is iconic enough to anyone who played Majora's Mask.

And did you miss the very big, bolded text that said "This isn't a serious roster"?
Be a bro and add Lyn as your FE rep. Nobody gets all flustered if you talk about her. Or alternatively, add Chrom & Lucina together.

I would like Pacman to not be the Ghostly Adventures version.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux
I'd consider adding Shulk instead of Isaac.
Nobody would complain about that either.
I feel as if we're going to see at least one assist trophy get a promotion, and as I don't have Little Mac, Isaac or Saki are the go-to ones for the position.

Of course, if Little Mac actually gets in the game, he's taking that spot on my roster.

Be a bro and add Lyn as your FE rep. Nobody gets all flustered if you talk about her. Or alternatively, add Chrom & Lucina together.

I would like Pacman to not be the Ghostly Adventures version.
If anything, even Roy is more likely than Lyn. I'm starting to warm up to Chrom, but I'm still of the mindset that Marth with **** can stay away.

I don't really care what Pac-Man looks like as long as he gets in, I mean his design isn't even that bad. I feel that complaining about it is as stupid as all the Sonic fans that complained about his green eyes and weight loss, and now the ones complaining about Sonic Boom's designs lolKnuckles.

I'm actually starting to think about taking Dixie off of my regular roster and adding Chrom instead of Roy, though I'm still resisting the notion.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If anything, even Roy is more likely than Lyn. I'm starting to warm up to Chrom, but I'm still of the mindset that Marth with **** can stay away. I don't really care what Pac-Man looks like as long as he gets in, I mean his design isn't even that bad. I feel that complaining about it is as stupid as all the Sonic fans that complained about his green eyes and weight loss, and now the ones complaining about Sonic Boom's designs lolKnuckles.
I'm actually starting to think about taking Dixie off of my regular roster and adding Chrom instead of Roy, though I'm still resisting the notion.
Isaac would translate to Smash way easier than Shulk, imo.

Lucina is probably going to be new main supported character after Ghirahim.

Also, I really hate the new Pacman for some reason. I don't know, it's just extremely unsettling.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Also, I really hate the new Pacman for some reason. I don't know, it's just extremely unsettling.
I don't think either of Shulk or Isaac would have any issue getting into Smash as far as translating well. Both have their own unique abilities. They would both be great characters.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh look, it's Golden.

Are you going to pull the hypocrite card and say I'm a complete twit for seeing nothing special about Chrom?

Morbi

Scavenger
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux
I'd consider adding Shulk instead of Isaac.
Nobody would complain about that either.
Somebody would complain about anything. Some people will complain if we get King K. Rool, some people would complain if we got Ridley. Not one is safe.

That being said, I would certainly complain about Shulk over Isaac. Isaac has the more prominent series recognized by Smash relevance, I would interpret Shulk over Isaac as a marketing decision. That is just me though.

D

Deleted member

So, I try to bring topic to a dinosaur, and people change it to FE Hour.

Let's bring it back to the dinosaur.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh look, it's Golden.

Are you going to pull the hypocrite card and say I'm a complete twit for seeing nothing special about Chrom?
That's incredibly rude to just greet someone with hate.

Golden? Where? Or am I missing something?
That way you said that after he commented makes it seem like you were deliberately ignoring him XD

Last edited:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Somebody would complain about anything. Some people will complain if we get King K. Rool, some people would complain if we got Ridley. Not one is safe.

That being said, I would certainly complain about Shulk over Isaac. Isaac has the more prominent series recognized by Smash relevance, I would interpret Shulk over Isaac as a marketing decision. That is just me though.
imo. i just like Golden Sun more than Xenoblade. thats just personal bias though. i dont dislike Xenoblade but it was just ok to me whereas Golden Sun was one of my favorite GBA games for the longest time only being trumped by pokemon obviously.

Morbi

Scavenger
I also consider a DK character and a FE character practically guaranteed, regardless of what cynics on this forum say.
I actually am beginning to doubt another Fire Emblem character. I have read some of your posts insinuating that you believe 50 characters to be the magic number, correct? I feel the same exact way. If Sakurai asserts that 39 (40 including Mewtwo, and for the sake of this discussion, I will allude to Mewtwo as if he is already in the game). Thus a 25% increase in the 4th installment of Smash is completely and utterly logical, that is a 10 newcomer increase counting the 4 we already have revealed. Again, this is also presuming that the roster is to retain no omissions. That leaves us with 6 characters and a dozen franchises that can be represented.

I believe everyone agrees that we will get an additional representative from Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, and one of the Big 4 (Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid). That only leaves us with 3 more characters, needless to say, despite many proclaiming that series like Star Fox, Kirby, Mother, F-Zero, WarioWare, Yoshi, "Wii," Animal Crossing, and 3rd party characters are "complete enough" or "finished." Sakurai might not feel the same way, it would be blatantly fallacious to disregard the feasibility of one more character from any given series already on the roster. Could that character be from Fire Emblem? Sure. Again, Fire Emblem isn't necessarily saturated with diverse characters that offer a lot in terms of variety.

We still have to account for a retro character, at least one is essentially guaranteed (so we have 4 slots that aren't Fire Emblem). After that, we have to account for new series representation such as Shulk or Isaac... maybe even another character that no one expects like Wonder Red (so we have 5 slots that aren't Fire Emblem, assuming we get a new series). Lastly, we go back to paragraph 2, there is only enough room for one character out of 9 categories, and I probably missed one or two (this is where Fire Emblem has a chance).

If Sakurai is focusing on roster variety, Fire Emblem isn't necessarily going to take priority over other characters unless they pick someone like Robin or a low priority clone that is easy to develop.

Again, he might go above 50 character, and this assessment doesn't even account for double representation. A real possibility if we get characters like K. Rool and Dixie or Toon Zelda.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
No guys, lets not go back into the Black Hole that is Fire Emblem!

Instead, lets follow Golden's example and talk about Fossil Fighters again, at worst we can gush over how cute Kajiro is.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I actually am beginning to doubt another Fire Emblem character. I have read some of your posts insinuating that you believe 50 characters to be the magic number, correct? I feel the same exact way. If Sakurai asserts that 39 (40 including Mewtwo, and for the sake of this discussion, I will allude to Mewtwo as if he is already in the game). Thus a 25% increase in the 4th installment of Smash is completely and utterly logical, that is a 10 newcomer increase counting the 4 we already have revealed. Again, this is also presuming that the roster is to retain no omissions. That leaves us with 6 characters and a dozen franchises that can be represented.

I believe everyone agrees that we will get an additional representative from Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, and one of the Big 4 (Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid). That only leaves us with 3 more characters, needless to say, despite many proclaiming that series like Star Fox, Kirby, Mother, F-Zero, WarioWare, Yoshi, "Wii," Animal Crossing, and 3rd party characters are "complete enough" or "finished." Sakurai might not feel the same way, it would be blatantly fallacious to disregard the feasibility of one more character from any given series already on the roster. Could that character be from Fire Emblem? Sure. Again, Fire Emblem isn't necessarily saturated with diverse characters that offer a lot in terms of variety.

We still have to account for a retro character, at least one is essentially guaranteed (so we have 4 slots that aren't Fire Emblem). After that, we have to account for new series representation such as Shulk or Isaac... maybe even another character that no one expects like Wonder Red (so we have 5 slots that aren't Fire Emblem, assuming we get a new series). Lastly, we go back to paragraph 2, there is only enough room for one character out of 9 categories, and I probably missed one or two (this is where Fire Emblem has a chance).

If Sakurai is focusing on roster variety, Fire Emblem isn't necessarily going to take priority over other characters unless they pick someone like Robin or a low priority clone that is easy to develop.

Again, he might go above 50 character, and this assessment doesn't even account for double representation. A real possibility if we get characters like K. Rool and Dixie or Toon Zelda.
Insinuate and fallacious are your favorite words, I swear.

I might have to cut Ghirahim from my list, I kind of expect a third FE character before a sixth Zelda one.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman

It's the teeth.

Morbi

Scavenger
Insinuate and fallacious are your favorite words, I swear.

I might have to cut Ghirahim from my list, I kind of expect a third FE character before a sixth Zelda one.
Yes, they are up there. Other favorites include, decadence (can't use this one too much, unfortunately), repugnance (again, can't use this one very often). So I have to alter my diction to more speculation pertinent vocabulary. :sadeyes:

That being said, I actually see a third Fire Emblem character prior to a sixth Zelda representative as well. That is one of the initial reasons I paired Zelda up with the other prominent Nintendo franchises, most people see Ridley before they see the inevitable, Chrom.

No guys, lets not going back into the Black Hole that is Fire Emblem!

Instead, lets follow Golden's example and talk about Fossil Fighters again, at worst we can gush over how cute Kajiro is.
I would, but I have no idea what Fossil Fighters entails and I am not well-versed in the character.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That being said, I actually see a third Fire Emblem character prior to a sixth Zelda representative as well. That is one of the initial reasons I paired Zelda up with the other prominent Nintendo franchises, most people see Ridley before they see the inevitable, Chrom.
I can't decide, so I have both.

D

Deleted member

Oh look, it's Golden.

No, I'm going to pull the arrogant card and say you're a damned moron for trying to instigate fights in a thread that mods are taking seriously.

I'm sorry, but I cannot forgive someone that shoves false words into my mouth.
Now I'm going to pull the hypocrite card, as you are guilty of this quite a bit in the past.
Even then, in your hissy fit, you're falsely accusing me of something I'm not guilty of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Alright, uneven 51 character roster incoming!

OST Roster Roster.png

I wanted to make this roster have an arcade feel to it, so I arranged it to go straight down, with two player windows on either side.

This roster is the same as the last, except for the addition of Takamaru. I must say, it's a roster based mostly on feedback, but it looks really good. The slab-shape angle I was going for works wonders for making every character look great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom