• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Wonder Red or some form of the Wonder 101 would be my favorite Dark Horse newcomer. I would love that to death if they did it correctly.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Something from The Wonderful 101 is also something I would enjoy.

Though, personally I think to best take advantage of the hypothetical character is incorporating the 7 main ones somehow would be the ideal route.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gaiz, like, who are the "Smash Bros."? Are they going to be secret characters in the next game? :troll:

(No, but seriously, this was a thought I had while driving home from work in order to keep myself from dozing off. It's not meant to be serious, but I wonder if there was to be an original character or characters for the franchise, would they be the namesake of the series?)

EDIT: I see my little bad joke has killed discussion.
So now I will get serious.

Do you see what I see here? (No, not the MOTHER****ING T-REX, as some of you that know me well enough would assume I'm talking about.)

I'm talking about that little T-Rex that's by the protagonists. (Ok, so it's still MOTHER****ING T-REX related.)

Potential Smash newcomer? It seems that this little guy was created to be the franchise's answer to Pikachu.
His name seems to be "Kajiro".
Very unlikely to be a new character, mainly because of series' lack of notoriety (not released in Europe for example).

It would be GREAT Assist Trophy material nonetheless.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero That would make the most sense, but I think having Wonder Red as the main character could work too. Make some of his specials have other Unite Morphs.

Up B- Wonder Jump
Neutral B- Unite Gun
Side B- Unite Sword or Whip
Down B- I would say the reflecting thingy because that would be awesome.
(then again you could probably just have the other members there too)

I think they could incorporate Red's unite morphs into his Smashs. Like for example, as he winds up, have members of the W101 swarm into the fist making it larger and more powerful.

I'd really like to see him in. He'd be cool.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright guys, here's my Wonderful 101 idea.
@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero I know you mentioned everyone being involved somehow, and I was thinking the same thing.
So my idea is that we have the Main 7 Wonders in a mob. They are all quite small so they could fit on the screen, and make up the longest character in the game.
Basically you have these 7 characters and they can unite into the forms from the game based on what attack you use.
Smash attacks for example would be mostly Unite Hand.
Maybe Unite Sword could be a basic jab combo or something like that. Unite Gun could be Side B, etc.
You are essentially playing as all 7 of the main characters, but you feel like you're playing as one when you attack, since the W101 revolves around teamwork and uniting into one big form.
So does everyone understand? I have this clear vision in my head of what it could look like and I'm not sure if I'm explaining it correctly.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero I know you mentioned everyone being involved somehow, and I was thinking the same thing.
So my idea is that we have the Main 7 Wonders in a mob. They are all quite small so they could fit on the screen, and make up the longest character in the game.
Basically you have these 7 characters and they can unite into the forms from the game based on what attack you use.
Maybe Unite Sword could be a basic jab combo or something like that. Unite Gun could be Side B, etc.
You are essentially playing as all 7 of the main characters, but you feel like you're playing as one when you attack, since the W101 revolves around teamwork and uniting into one big form.
So does everyone understand? I have this clear vision in my head of what it could look like and I'm not sure if I'm explaining it correctly.
It sounds completely impossible. But cool.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of transforming characters:

[collapse=Ditto Moveset!!]

Ditto Moveset (SSB4)

Ditto has a unique moveset that involves it transforming into
different Pokemon from the 1st and 2nd Generations for
all of his moves, each transfromation bears Ditto's
trademark smiley face. :)

Neutral Attacks

Jab: Ditto transforms into Eevee and does a headbutt and
a spinning tail swipe. 5% and 3% respectively.

Forward Tilt: Ditto turns into Cubone and swings with his
bone. 5%.

Up Tilt: Ditto turns into Sandslash and jumps while sticking
his claws straight up. 4%.

Down tilt: Ditto turns into Tentacool and slaps the ground
with his tentacles. 5%.

Dash attack: Ditto turns into Hitmonlee and does a sideways,
flying spin kick that hits multiple times. 3% each, 5 hits total.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash: Ditto turns into Machoke and throws a
heavy punch forward. 12% base, 16% full charge.

Up Smash: Ditto becomes Flaaffy and sticks it's paws up,
charging electricity. 10% base, 14% full charge.

Down Smash: Ditto turns into Slowbro and spins on the
ground using his "tail". 11% base, 15% full charge.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial: Ditto transforms into Miltank and uses a
mid-air multi-hitting Rollout. 6%.

Forward Aerial: Ditto turns into Sneasel and does an
arcing swipe. 5%.

Back Aerial: Ditto turns into Arbok and flips his tail
behind him.

Up Aerial: Ditto turns into Hoppip and spins his leaves
rapidly. 4 hits, 3% each.

Down Aerial: Ditto turns into Golem and crashes down
spiking enemies. 11 %.

Grabs/Throws

Grab: Ditto turns into Aipom and grabs the victim with his
tail.

Pummel: Ditto headbutts the victim as Aipom.
1% each.

Forward Throw: Ditto throws the opponent and turns into
Gengar while tackling the victim. 9%.

Back Throw: Ditto throws the victim backwards and
licks them as Lickitung. 7%.

Up Throw: Ditto, as Kadabra, juggles the victim using
Telekinesis and launches them up. 11%.

Down Throw: Ditto drops the victim and goes underground,
and comes back up as a Diglett, launching them up. 9%.

Special Moves:

Neutral Special : Flamethrower: Ditto turns into Quilava
and spews a current of flames. 7% each hit.

Side Special: Zen Headbutt: Ditto transforms into
Psyduck and headbutts. 12%.

Up Special: Fly: Ditto transforms into Pidgeotto and soars
upward. 4%

Down Special: Transform:

Ditto transforms into one of the other player's characters.
It is random if there is more than one.

Other Moves:

Ledge Attack: Ditto climbs up and transforms into Meowth
with scratching. 6%

100% Ledge Attack: slowly climbs up and turns into
Meowth this time kicking. 7%.

Floor attack: Turns into Magnemite and charges energy.
7%.

Final Smash:

Ditto transforms into Mega Mewtwo and uses to Psystrike to deal massive damage to everyone onscreen.

[/collapse]

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
My version is somewhat of a more extreme version of that.

For example, you mention that Unite Hand would be used for smash attacks. My version would involve Unite Hammer as a down smash, Unite Gun as a forward smash, and Unite Bomb as an up smash. For other attacks, I was thinking of Unite claws as a forward tilt, Unite Whip as a down tilt, Unite Sword as an up tilt, and Unite Hand as a neutral attack.

As each attack is used, the character in question will basically switch to another character, like for example using attacks that involve Unite Claws will switch you to Wonder White and using attacks that involve Unite Whip will switch you to Wonder Pink. It would mostly be cosmetic though, with the only gameplay elements influenced being taunts, idle animations, and victory poses. Maybe hitboxes considering the inconsistent size.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Speaking of transforming characters:

[collapse=Ditto Moveset!!]

Ditto Moveset (SSB4)

Ditto has a unique moveset that involves it transforming into
different Pokemon from the 1st and 2nd Generations for
all of his moves, each transfromation bears Ditto's
trademark smiley face. :)

Neutral Attacks

Jab: Ditto transforms into Eevee and does a headbutt and
a spinning tail swipe. 5% and 3% respectively.

Forward Tilt: Ditto turns into Cubone and swings with his
bone. 5%.

Up Tilt: Ditto turns into Sandslash and jumps while sticking
his claws straight up. 4%.

Down tilt: Ditto turns into Tentacool and slaps the ground
with his tentacles. 5%.

Dash attack: Ditto turns into Hitmonlee and does a sideways,
flying spin kick that hits multiple times. 3% each, 5 hits total.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash: Ditto turns into Machoke and throws a
heavy punch forward. 12% base, 16% full charge.

Up Smash: Ditto becomes Flaaffy and sticks it's paws up,
charging electricity. 10% base, 14% full charge.

Down Smash: Ditto turns into Slowbro and spins on the
ground using his "tail". 11% base, 15% full charge.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial: Ditto transforms into Miltank and uses a
mid-air multi-hitting Rollout. 6%.

Forward Aerial: Ditto turns into Sneasel and does an
arcing swipe. 5%.

Back Aerial: Ditto turns into Arbok and flips his tail
behind him.

Up Aerial: Ditto turns into Hoppip and spins his leaves
rapidly. 4 hits, 3% each.

Down Aerial: Ditto turns into Golem and crashes down
spiking enemies. 11 %.

Grabs/Throws

Grab: Ditto turns into Aipom and grabs the victim with his
tail.

Pummel: Ditto headbutts the victim as Aipom.
1% each.

Forward Throw: Ditto throws the opponent and turns into
Gengar while tackling the victim. 9%.

Back Throw: Ditto throws the victim backwards and
licks them as Lickitung. 7%.

Up Throw: Ditto, as Kadabra, juggles the victim using
Telekinesis and launches them up. 11%.

Down Throw: Ditto drops the victim and goes underground,
and comes back up as a Diglett, launching them up. 9%.

Special Moves:

Neutral Special : Flamethrower: Ditto turns into Quilava
and spews a current of flames. 7% each hit.

Side Special: Zen Headbutt: Ditto transforms into
Psyduck and headbutts. 12%.

Up Special: Fly: Ditto transforms into Pidgeotto and soars
upward. 4%

Down Special: Transform:

Ditto transforms into one of the other player's characters.
It is random if there is more than one.

Other Moves:

Ledge Attack: Ditto climbs up and transforms into Meowth
with scratching. 6%

100% Ledge Attack: slowly climbs up and turns into
Meowth this time kicking. 7%.

Floor attack: Turns into Magnemite and charges energy.
7%.

Final Smash:

Ditto transforms into Mega Mewtwo and uses to Psystrike to deal massive damage to everyone onscreen.

[/collapse]
Why only gen. 1 and 2? I would like Ditto, but I don't think this the best choice for a moveset.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Late response, but:

How could a thing possibly even exist?

I feel Yoshi, alongside series like Animal Crossing, Wario, F-Zero, and Pikmin, is a series that really is just sufficiently represented with its main character alone.
While the Wario and F-Zero characters don't offer anything new to the table (And Warioware's characters are pretty minor). I think Pikmin and Animal Crossing could be repped to 2 characters with something new to bring. Major characters like Alph (Whether he's alone of paired with Brittany and Charlie as a trio, which is the best route to go IMO) could bring about the new Rock Pikmin and Flying Pikmin. With Tom Nook or Resetti (Whom are major side characters in Animal Crossing and are requested in Smash), Nook can bring debt and furniture for a moveset while Resetti can bring a pickaxe and a possible digging ability. I personally think those series deserve to have 2 characters and are well worth the additions.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Late response, but:

While the Wario and F-Zero characters don't offer anything new to the table (And Warioware's characters are pretty minor). I think Pikmin and Animal Crossing could be repped to 2 characters with something new to bring. Major characters like Alph (Whether he's alone of paired with Brittany and Charlie as a trio, which is the best route to go IMO) could bring about the new Rock Pikmin and Flying Pikmin. With Tom Nook or Resetti (Whom are major side characters in Animal Crossing and are requested in Smash), Nook can bring debt and furniture for a moveset while Resetti can bring a pickaxe and a possible digging ability. I personally think those series deserve to have 2 characters and are well worth the additions.
I'd like a second AC character.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
I never played wonderful 101 so I wouldnt know how wonder red and/or co would work. Just guessing but maybe he can be like ness and borrow the moves? Idk. All I know is that his design is ****ing awesome so I support him/them lol

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Late response, but:

I think that another F-Zero rep could bring a lot more than Alph or Nook. Goroh for example, could use a moveset relying on his two sowrds.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yay, activity. So, does anyone here have a list of characters that are practically guaranteed?

Mine is pretty much Mewtwo.
Mine is somewhat longer than everyone else's, and that's because everyone else's is Mewtwo.
I'd say Mewtwo, Little Mac, and Palutena.
In that order. I am so confident about those three that I can't imagine them not making it.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mine is somewhat longer than everyone else's, and that's because everyone else's is Mewtwo.
I'd say Mewtwo, Little Mac, and Palutena.
In that order. I am so confident about those three that I cant imagine them not making it.
I hope you're right. I hope Sakurai isn't trolling us with Metroid/Kid Icarus stuff without a good reason.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I consider anyone with an 80+% chance to be a shoo-in.
Because more likely than not they make it. My definition of shoo-in is looser than everyone else's.
I also consider a DK character and a FE character practically guaranteed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom