• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah the Ridley uproar would probably be pretty big at least in the West.

It makes me wonder what kind of meltdown we would of had if Sonic wasn't included in Brawl....

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Shokio is the type to call Nintendo stupid for decisions he doesn't agree with.
Methinks that many Ridley detractors will act the same way, but I hope they will reconcile with their loss and view the inclusion with favor rather than scorn.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Shokio is the type to call Nintendo stupid for decisions he doesn't agree with.
Methinks that many Ridley detractors will act the same way, but I hope they will reconcile with their loss and view the inclusion with favor rather than scorn.
Ultimately, there would be a few people whose pride would get in the way, but, as I've said before, I think most would set aside their arguments and enjoy the opportunity to play as a stinking awesome space dragon.

?????????????

Smash Master
I don't think Ridley reception will be super overblown. Some people on both sides will make big spectacles of it, but the attitude won't be much different from other newcomers. People will be entitled to their opinion on whether or not the addition is good, like they were with Rosalina, Little Mac, and Wii Fit Trainer, but they don't have the power to change it and they're going to buy the game anyway.

For perhaps a week at best, there will be gloating and complaining from both sides. My guess is three days, maybe four.

What WILL be annoying, should Ridley be confirmed, is all the people who say his inclusion was surprising/trolling given all the hints Sakurai gave towards him being a stage hazard :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I know one thing, the region where Smash Bros is made won't give much of a damn. So Sakurai will not will feel bad for not including him unless the east makes an uproar.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I know one thing, the region where Smash Bros is made won't give much of a damn. So Sakurai will not will feel bad for not including him unless the east makes an uproar.
It's a good thing Sakurai isn't as much of an asshole as you're making him out to be.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
E3. just you wait for E3.

Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool.

Crashboards take me now.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dr. Robotnik and Dr. Wily as bosses in Adventure Mode. But I know it's not going to happen :(

Also I'd like it very much if Zero Suit Samus is not replaced by Heel Suit Samus. But I know it's going to happen :(

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I took the post as an attack, so I don't see what the problem is
As a moderator, I can say that it was not an attack. He pretty much just asked you to back up your claims.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As a moderator, I can say that it was not an attack. He pretty much just asked you to back up your claims.
I'm not saying that you're a horrible moderator at all, but he had no right to try to change my opinion like some crazy maniacal tyrant, you know what I'm sayin?

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Mewtwo, K. Rool, and Ridley are the best possible E3 reveals.
Now that Little Mac is out of the picture I can rest easy and prepare for a great E3 without Mii and Pac backlash.
Yet.

And the best part about Ridley's reveal will be Shokio's apology.
I'm not saying that you're a horrible moderator at all, but he had no right to try to change my opinion like some crazy maniacal tyrant, you know what I'm sayin?
This is the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread, you must be new here.
Oh wait, no it's not. :(

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He never tried to change your opinion. He just asked you to justify why you feel the Sonic series truly justified a second character using actual sources. That's all. Nothing more was really said. But he never tried to change your opinion.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i only see 2 of the BiG 3 making it tbh and thats wishful thinking for me.

I only expect mewtwo will return and i will just rotate between my default smash mains since meler
Samus & Bowser plus Mewtwo.

Plus bowser got buffs so thats good.

This is what i truly expect to happen and i can live with but if Samus is as crap as she was in brawl and mewtwo as melee....yh i will be Mad.......
RealTalk

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
He never tried to change your opinion. He just asked you to justify why you feel the Sonic series truly justified a second character using actual sources. That's all. Nothing more was really said. But he never tried to change your opinion.
Oh, ok, now I get it.
But still, I can't do that. I'm a very busy person. I was going to say that I'm in college, but I've said that once and people made fun of me. (But yes, I am in college)
I apologize, I'll take note of the situation immediately.

D

Deleted member

Mainly the interview regarding to how Bandai Namco characters won't simply get in because of the loophole that Bandai Namco is working on the next Super Smash Bros. games. It seems like according to what the interview said, it's implied that a character regarding to Bandai Namco wasn't originally considered because of the statement. However in the hypothetical sense that if one was chosen, Pac-Man was mentioned along with some discussion regarding to how he would play out.

Though I wouldn't look deeply into it, discussions like this might be taken into consideration during the development process. Considering that around that time the development went through roughly 1 year and 4 months with the release date being sometime in late 2014, there still would hypothetically have been enough time to have incorporate content regarding to the Pac-Man franchise. It's like how Sonic was later added into Brawl, though in this case it would be for a different reason (raw popularity vs. experimenting with new game mechanics).

Of course this is purely theory, so you can disagree with it if you want.
All the interview implied is that Bamco isn't put on a higher pedestal than Konami, Sega, or Capcom solely because they are co-developing the games; they still have to go through the same negotiations for a character as the other three did.

That does not however, infer that Bamco wasn't having a character of their own prior to the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm crossing my fingers for all three, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them didn't make the cut.
Disappointed, but not surprised.
If I had to choose one, it wouldn't be Mewtwo.
I'm split down the middle about K. Rool and Ridley. I suppose that as long as we get a DK newcomer it would be OK if K. Rool didn't make it. There's no excuse to leave out Ridley this time.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
E3 2014: Candy Kong, Rundas, and Noivern all confirmed :troll:

In all seriousness though, how popular is K.Rool in Japan?

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think Mewtwo, Rdiley, and Pac-Man is the way to go for E3 reveals. :p
And maybe another "Wii Fit Trainer" too. :troll:
I would be okay with this, actually.
K. Rool could work for a Direct I suppose, unless you are referencing him not being in the game. Then I am not okay with this.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All the interview implied is that Bamco isn't put on a higher pedestal than Konami, Sega, or Capcom solely because they are co-developing the games; they still have to go through the same negotiations for a character as the other three did.

That does not however, infer that Bamco wasn't having a character of their own prior to the interview.
Again, I'm treating as a theory instead of a fact until either proven or denied.

But still, I did find it sort of odd how it was all discussed. Shoot down the main reason why people wanted Namco characters, then make a hypothetical question as to which one would be chosen and discuss some gameplay possibilities. That seems sort of weird.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I feel like Pac-Man has more merits than just being from Namco.
He was in the Arcades at the same time as Donkey Kong, the birth of Nintendo's big gaming career. Also the Class of 1981 arcade machine includes both DK and Ms. Pac-Man. Just an interesting tidbit I suppose.
Miyamoto helped create Pac-Man VS for the GameCube.
Pac-Man has appeared in Mario Kart GP.
And lastly Pac-Man is as legendary as you can get. Pie or not, he's Pac-Man.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Not saying he's not in the game, I'm just saying those are the best 3 choices to reveal at E3.
Pac-Man seems very suited for an E3 reveal.
Ridley answering to all of his fans as the #1 newcomer.
And Mewtwo to hype big with the returning veteran.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Yeah, ok. So after research, (please correct me if i'm wrong,) it appears K. Rool is more of a popular western character. So we have Mewtwo, who is extremely requested in both regions. Ridley, popular westerner, and K. Rool, popular in west. However, Ridley outdoes K. Rool in popularity. If there is a pattern, it seems that Mewtwo could be the tribute to all fans, and Ridley to appeal to the West. Now, who would be the option to appeal to the East? Would they go with K. Rool anyway? Would Takamaru be selected? Apparently, Ghirahim is very requested.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, ok. So after research, (please correct me if i'm wrong,) it appears K. Rool is more of a popular western character. So we have Mewtwo, who is extremely requested in both regions. Ridley, popular westerner, and K. Rool, popular in west. However, Ridley outdoes K. Rool in popularity. If there is a pattern, it seems that Mewtwo could be the tribute to all fans, and Ridley to appeal to the West. Now, who would be the option to appeal to the East? Would they go with K. Rool anyway? Would Takamaru be selected? Apparently, Ghirahim is very requested.
Shulk is one of them, but Takamaru isn't actually ironically.

D

Deleted member

.....you quoted the very article Habanero/Xenoblaze and I were talking about.

Refer to this post:

Last edited by a moderator:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
On the subject of Mewtwo returning, what about Roy? Apparently he's more requested than Mewtwo in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom