• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
if we get goroh and ridley, then all nintendo characters in the melee trailer (other than all those pokemon) would be in smash.

would be hype
Space Dragon's and Fat Samurai's bring the hype. Everyone knows this.

No we need all characters from the Smash 64 trailer, Master Hand must be playable!
Would be total hype!
I don't know if I really would want Master Hand as a playable character. Having stay as a boss makes more sense to me, since he's a Smash original character.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Will Masahiro Sakurai (or Nintendo for that matter) ever involve himself with a revival of the Star Fox series, as he apparently planned to do before he chose Kid Icarus? Or would Star Fox follow the pathway set upon with F-Zero into dormancy?

Either way, if the former were to be proven, then one can reasonably expect a more pronounced profusion of content within the next game.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Will Masahiro Sakurai (or Nintendo for that matter) ever involve himself with a revival of the Star Fox series, as he apparently planned to do before he chose Kid Icarus? Or would Star Fox follow the pathway set upon with F-Zero into dormancy?

Either way, if the former were to be proven, then one can reasonably expect a more pronounced profusion of content within the next game.
Didn't Miyamoto say that if Star Fox 64 3D didn't sell, the series would basically be over?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Didn't Miyamoto say that if Star Fox 64 3D didn't sell, the series would basically be over?
He did (along with Skyward Sword), but he also said that along with Metroid it's one of the series he wants on the Wii U, so I don't think he'll let that stop the series.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
so I made a roster that has my 12 most wanted as newcomers (along with all confirmed newcomers and all brawl veterans) and wondered what you guys would think?

there's a lot of third parties, I know.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
so I made a roster that has my 12 most wanted as newcomers (along with all confirmed newcomers and all brawl veterans) and wondered what you guys would think?

there's a lot of third parties, I know.

If this is a dream roster for you, then all I can say is that we dream very differently. >.<

Phoenix Wright, Quote, and Banjo are a set of characters I have no real desire to see; I've never been able to get my hands on a Banjo Kazooie game and never owned a DS. As for Quote? Eh, I just don't see what he brings as a character.

K. Rool is cool I guess. I'm not super into DKC in general, so I'm indifferent. Kamek is a pipe dream for me, as I quite enjoy spellcasting characters. No FE newcomer strikes me as odd; I consider Chrom one of the most likely characters to join now. Isaac is a neat addition, I'd b cool with it. Ridley is yes, Goroh is meh, and your selection of pokenewcomers is a supersonic to my ears. Which is to say it confuses and angers me. No Mewtwo, and Grovyle and Hawlucha are so niche it hurts. I mean, I guess in a dream you can put in your favourite pokemon, but I don't see what Grovyle brings to the table as a unique combatent. Hawlucha could have a fun moveset though. Dark Matter is kind of ok, but I've got a ton of characters I'd rather see, and King Hippo is just kind of meh. Also your roster is too big IMO.

I've been lurking for a while, and I think I might post a roster at some point to see what people think. I feel like it might be somewhat unpopular, but who knows. (Cuts are scary things.) Is it better to post a dream roster or a prediction roster?

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
He did (along with Skyward Sword), but he also said that along with Metroid it's one of the series he wants on the Wii U, so I don't think he'll let that stop the series.
Didn't Star Fox 64 3D sell decently? Either way, I don't think it'd be a good idea for Nintendo to put an end to a still popular franchise. (Although it's a more select desicated fanbase.)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If this is a dream roster for you, then all I can say is that we dream very differently. >.<

Phoenix Wright, Quote, and Banjo are a set of characters I have no real desire to see; I've never been able to get my hands on a Banjo Kazooie game and never owned a DS. As for Quote? Eh, I just don't see what he brings as a character.

K. Rool is cool I guess. I'm not super into DKC in general, so I'm indifferent. Kamek is a pipe dream for me, as I quite enjoy spellcasting characters. No FE newcomer strikes me as odd; I consider Chrom one of the most likely characters to join now. Isaac is a neat addition, I'd b cool with it. Ridley is yes, Goroh is meh, and your selection of pokenewcomers is a supersonic to my ears. Which is to say it confuses and angers me. No Mewtwo, and Grovyle and Hawlucha are so niche it hurts. I mean, I guess in a dream you can put in your favourite pokemon, but I don't see what Grovyle brings to the table as a unique combatent. Hawlucha could have a fun moveset though. Dark Matter is kind of ok, but I've got a ton of characters I'd rather see, and King Hippo is just kind of meh. Also your roster is too big IMO.

I've been lurking for a while, and I think I might post a roster at some point to see what people think. I feel like it might be somewhat unpopular, but who knows. (Cuts are scary things.) Is it better to post a dream roster or a prediction roster?
did you not read the text and just rate it as any ordinary roster? it's just my 12 most wanted newcomers shoehorned in with all the brawl vets and confirmed newcomers. it's not supposed to be realistic, therefore no new FE character or mewtwo.

ALSO 52 CHARACTERS IS NOT TOO BIG. everyone is too conservative with their newcomers IMO. 49-53 seems about right.

but overall, I just have 2 things to say regarding key characters I REALLY liked.
but I don't see what Grovyle brings to the table as a unique combatent.
ever played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon subseries? Grovyle is a key character in Explorers of Sky, and the perfect character to showcase the potential of PMD. there's so much that can be done it's amazing.

As for Quote? Eh, I just don't see what he brings as a character.
ever played cave story? it's free. If you play it, it's obvious why people like me like him so much. I especially think that the way he levels up his guns might make an interesting smash mechanic, now that we know meters can be a thing that exist in smash.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Didn't Star Fox 64 3D sell decently? Either way, I don't think it'd be a good idea for Nintendo to put an end to a still popular franchise. (Although it's a more select desicated fanbase.)
Like how Nintendo would milk Smash after Sakurai retires? :troll:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

My Star Fox luv needs to be fulfilled :S I need another good actual starfox game!

D

Deleted member

My Star Fox luv needs to be fulfilled :S I need another good actual starfox game!
Someone did make a funny comparison to Star Fox (Well, to me at least)

Look at Nintendo's main franchises as if they were a spice rack.

Every spice adds a different flavor, and they all taste quite different, and are used for different things. Mario is salt and pepper. Everyone uses salt and pepper now and then, so it's a safe one to pop into their dishes. Star Fox is another spice that isn't necessarily as commonly used, but it's still there on its spice rack. They just need to dig up a recipe where it'll taste just right.
But back to the topic at hand, I'm kinda hoping that if King K Rool does manage to show up, he won't be in his Mario Super Sluggers appearance. Something about it seems....off.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Luke Skywalker :fox:
Han Solo :falco:
Boba Fett :wolf:

Princess Leia
Why do foxes need breasts?

Also,who is Darth Vader?
It can't be Andross,he isn't related to Fox.
Neither is his father,he stayed a "jedi".

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
did you not read the text and just rate it as any ordinary roster? it's just my 12 most wanted newcomers shoehorned in with all the brawl vets and confirmed newcomers. it's not supposed to be realistic, therefore no new FE character or mewtwo.

ALSO 52 CHARACTERS IS NOT TOO BIG. everyone is too conservative with their newcomers IMO. 49-53 seems about right.

but overall, I just have 2 things to say regarding key characters I REALLY liked.
ever played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon subseries? Grovyle is a key character in Explorers of Sky, and the perfect character to showcase the potential of PMD. there's so much that can be done it's amazing.

ever played cave story? it's free. If you play it, it's obvious why people like me like him so much. I especially think that the way he levels up his guns might make an interesting smash mechanic, now that we know meters can be a thing that exist in smash.
Ok, so like I said, you and I dream differently. I wasn't rating it like I was being serious, I was talking about my own opinion, sorry if that was unclear. I want a FE newcomer and Mewtwo. I also disagree about the number of characters. 52, would work as the number of movesets, but even then it's pretty greedy. But Pokemon Trainer is really three movesets and Zelda/Sheik & both versions of Samus up you to 56, presumably unique movesets. Unless you want to argue a couple of those are legit clones, which I don't like but could get behind I guess.

I played some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, I think it was Red? I remember Lucario had a statue in it despite not being out at the time? Eh, I don't really remember well. I guess that makes sense for why you want him, but from a perspective of a moveset, I'm at a loss as to how he's unique. He's a fast, agile attacker with sword-like attacks in Leaf Blade. Probably has a projectile or two, probably falls pretty quick but has halfway decent aerial combat. I mean, you could try to make him unique but I don't necessarily see the point, especially where I think there are plenty of more deserving Pokemon.

I've played a bit of Cave Story at a friends, but never really got into it. I don't think the couple minutes of gameplay I experienced could be described as some euphoric experience that directly translate into Smash. Again, personal opinion. I'm not really into it. If I was going to try to talk about this Roster logically I would have murdered you over the number of third parties, lack of a retro, throwing in random Pokemon, too big a roster, etc etc. I'm not trying to criticize you here, just making conversation. We have very different ideas, and if I were to make a roster with the exact same criterion we'd have at absolute best only three characters in common, and mine would come off as more unlikely than yours. >.<

?????????????

Smash Master
Pichu Special Moveset:

B: Thunder Wave- Releases a weak volt of electricity that stuns the opponent.
B>: Wild Charge- Rushes forward quickly, smashing opponents in it's path forward.
B^: Volt Switch- Rushes into the air with electricity, followed by a further, non-damaging rush in any direction.
Bv: Charge- Pichu shrouds itself in electricity, massively raising the power of it's attacks, but making Pichu damage itself when it attacks. Lasts for a certain number of attacks.
Final Smash: Discharge- Pichu releases electricity all around it. The damage and range is doubled with Charge activiated, but Pichu deals massive damage to itself.

Idea I came up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's not like Pichu's going to make the roster anyways.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Yeah, I remember I made one for Master Chief in 7th grade:troll:

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Well, here is my moveset so far. But I still have no Up Special. Thought maybe Light Screen could be used to make platforms at one point, but they are supposed to be walls, usually. Almost resorted to ThunderPunch too, but deserted it.

PICHU MOVESET

Pichu is the the Tiny Mouse Pokémon. The "baby" version of Pokémon's mascot, Pikachu. The lighter, faster clone of Pikachu in Melee.

STATISTICS

Pichu is a small character. Although she stands up on her hind legs when idle, running, or walking, when she crawls or ducks, she will stand on all fours, and will be able to avoid a number of projectiles and even some physical attacks when like this, as they will go right over her head.

Pichu is light, lighter than almost every character in the game. You will have to use her speed to your advantage. Otherwise, you will get caught, and will be blasted away.

Pichu is also very fast, but isn't as fast as Captain Falcon. Although her ears will stick up when she is running, when she crawls, her ears will go down, but is a lot slower.

Pichu's jumps aren't too good, but are fairly fast. While her first jump is fairly good, jumping off all four of her legs, her second doesn't go very high. She isn't too fast in the air, a little under average, and is a little floaty.

SPECIALS

NEUTRAL SPECIAL: UKULELE

In Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, you are partnered with a Pichu, holding a ukulele on it's back.

If Pichu uses her ukulele, she will strum it once loudly, creating a sound wave that moves forward, and gets bigger and bigger until it has hit something or has traveled as far as it can.

If you tap B again right when the sound wave hits a wall, opponent, or projectile, it will create a bigger, stronger sound wave. You can do this again for a third time, to create an even bigger and stronger sound wave.

So the first strum will do 3%, the second will do 7%, and the next one will do 10%, adding up to 20%. This move doesn't do much knockback, almost none, but is good if you land all three hits, and is hard to dodge.

But, Pichu is very vulnerable if this move is dodged, as it won't be able to move while strumming until the sound wave hits something, and also lags a little after this move. Also, this move only ranges a little farther than a quarter of Final Destination.

SIDE SPECIAL: IRON TAIL

This move is a move Pikachu uses a lot in the anime.

When Pichu uses this move, she will leap forward, traveling about half of Final Destination. Then she will flip, sticking out her tail as much as she can, bashing the opponent with her tail, which turns white.

This will smash the foe in a downward angle, forcing the foe to fly diagonally forward, and will bump Pichu up, still moving forward. This will do a nice 15%, and you will hear the sweet, sweet noise of metal smashing your foe. Pichu isn't left helpless, but she can't use Iron Tail a second time.

But, The range isn't very good, as Pichu's tail isn't as big as Pikachu's yet, which means you will have to aim well. But since Pichu does a flip, the move ranges all around him, meaning depending where you hit it will knock them a different angle.

DOWN SPECIAL: NASTY PLOT

Pichu learns this move by reaching level 18, and is the last move Pichu can learn by being leveled up.

When Pichu uses Nasty Plot in the Pokémon games, she will start to think bad thoughts, and her Special Attack will be raised by two.

Pichu will pause in place, close her eyes, and start to think bad thoughts. This can be seen by cartoonish icons appearing above her head, like skulls. Then, all of Pichu's attacks will grow stronger.

But there is also a downside. Pichu will grow more clumsy. She may be faster and stronger, but she will also be harder to turn and stop, and will sometimes accidentally hurt itself, taking a little of the damage that she has given.

The effects will wear off in ten seconds, and there is very little lag after the move. Pichu will not be able to use this move for another seven seconds.

UP SPECIAL:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Why do foxes need breasts?

Also,who is Darth Vader?
It can't be Andross,he isn't related to Fox.
Neither is his father,he stayed a "jedi".
Plot twist: Wolf is actually the remains of James McCloud, whom Andross brainwashed after defeating in a battle (and blinding James in one eye during the fight, giving him an eyepatch).

Then that makes it like this:

Fox- Luke Skywalker
Falco- Han Solo
Krystal- Princess Leia
Wolf- Darth Vader
Andross- The Emporer/Darth Sideous
Peppy- Obi-Wan
Slippy- Jar Jar Binks (annoying comic relief.)
Pigma Dengar- Boba Fett (worked for the bad guys for money)
Rob64- C3PO

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, here is my moveset so far. But I still have no Up Special. Thought maybe Light Screen could be used to make platforms at one point, but they are supposed to be walls, usually. Almost resorted to ThunderPunch too, but deserted it.

PICHU MOVESET

Pichu is the the Tiny Mouse Pokémon. The "baby" version of Pokémon's mascot, Pikachu. The lighter, faster clone of Pikachu in Melee.

STATISTICS

Pichu is a small character. Although she stands up on her hind legs when idle, running, or walking, when she crawls or ducks, she will stand on all fours, and will be able to avoid a number of projectiles and even some physical attacks when like this, as they will go right over her head.

Pichu is light, lighter than almost every character in the game. You will have to use her speed to your advantage. Otherwise, you will get caught, and will be blasted away.

Pichu is also very fast, but isn't as fast as Captain Falcon. Although her ears will stick up when she is running, when she crawls, her ears will go down, but is a lot slower.

Pichu's jumps aren't too good, but are fairly fast. While her first jump is fairly good, jumping off all four of her legs, her second doesn't go very high. She isn't too fast in the air, a little under average, and is a little floaty.

SPECIALS

NEUTRAL SPECIAL: UKULELE

In Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, you are partnered with a Pichu, holding a ukulele on it's back.

If Pichu uses her ukulele, she will strum it once loudly, creating a sound wave that moves forward, and gets bigger and bigger until it has hit something or has traveled as far as it can.

If you tap B again right when the sound wave hits a wall, opponent, or projectile, it will create a bigger, stronger sound wave. You can do this again for a third time, to create an even bigger and stronger sound wave.

So the first strum will do 3%, the second will do 7%, and the next one will do 10%, adding up to 20%. This move doesn't do much knockback, almost none, but is good if you land all three hits, and is hard to dodge.

But, Pichu is very vulnerable if this move is dodged, as it won't be able to move while strumming until the sound wave hits something, and also lags a little after this move. Also, this move only ranges a little farther than a quarter of Final Destination.

SIDE SPECIAL: IRON TAIL

This move is a move Pikachu uses a lot in the anime.

When Pichu uses this move, she will leap forward, traveling about half of Final Destination. Then she will flip, sticking out her tail as much as she can, bashing the opponent with her tail, which turns white.

This will smash the foe in a downward angle, forcing the foe to fly diagonally forward, and will bump Pichu up, still moving forward. This will do a nice 15%, and you will hear the sweet, sweet noise of metal smashing your foe. Pichu isn't left helpless, but she can't use Iron Tail a second time.

But, The range isn't very good, as Pichu's tail isn't as big as Pikachu's yet, which means you will have to aim well. But since Pichu does a flip, the move ranges all around him, meaning depending where you hit it will knock them a different angle.

DOWN SPECIAL: NASTY PLOT

Pichu learns this move by reaching level 18, and is the last move Pichu can learn by being leveled up.

When Pichu uses Nasty Plot in the Pokémon games, she will start to think bad thoughts, and her Special Attack will be raised by two.

Pichu will pause in place, close her eyes, and start to think bad thoughts. This can be seen by cartoonish icons appearing above her head, like skulls. Then, all of Pichu's attacks will grow stronger.

But there is also a downside. Pichu will grow more clumsy. She may be faster and stronger, but she will also be harder to turn and stop, and will sometimes accidentally hurt itself, taking a little of the damage that she has given.

The effects will wear off in ten seconds, and there is very little lag after the move. Pichu will not be able to use this move for another seven seconds.

UP SPECIAL:
I like the thought of Iron Tail, but the other two seem iffy. He should still have Pikachu's specials, ala Wolf, but have some different standard attacks.
The similarity to Pikachu, programming wise, would undoubtedly by half the reason Pichu ever got in.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I like the thought of Iron Tail, but the other two seem iffy. He should still have Pikachu's specials, ala Wolf, but have some different standard attacks.
The similarity to Pikachu, programming wise, would undoubtedly by half the reason Pichu ever got in.
I kinda wanted to make it as far from Pikachu as possible :p. Also thinking if replacing Nasty Plot with Thunder Wave
But hey, it's for fun, you know.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Hey guys, I don't think movesets are considered on-topic. They're about the characters, but not the roster itself, so let's try not to put too much time into them. Unfortunately, I'm without a topic to suggest, but I still thought I should put that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom