• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
As far as Zelda newcomers go, my personal choice would be Tetra. While someone like Vaati or Ghirahim could be really cool, I think Tetra makes the most since of the possible characters, and I think that, being a pirate, she could have a pretty interesting moveset. She's sort of one of those characters that don't have a lot of definite abilities, but are in a role that gives them plenty of possibilities for a moveset, sort of like Captain Falcon or Rosalina. Aside from that, being the Zelda of the adult timeline is a major plus, seeing as having her on the roster would complete the Link/Zelda combo for both timelines, with Ganondorf binding the two together. That's how I see it anyway.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would prefer the resources required for a Zelda Congressional Rep to be split between changing the movesets of both Ganondorf and Toon Link. Knowing that the latter is staying unchanged, I'd prefer the resources to be split between Ganondorf and some other character. And, again, knowing that Ganondorf is in all likelihood going to keep his Captain attributes once again, I'd prefer those resources go elsewhere. The reactions to Tingle would be nice, but would become stale after a little while.

D

Deleted member

Everyone's favorite/most wanted Zelda character discussion can only be done so many times before it's just a dead horse being beaten....

So how about that Fire Emblem, guys? :troll:

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Zelda newcomer? I personally want Vaati since Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy. He's appeared in multiple Zelda games and was highly requested for Brawl I think.
Totally agree, Vaati would be a great adition

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Everyone's favorite/most wanted Zelda character discussion can only be done so many times before it's just a dead horse being beaten....

I can't really say too much about Fire Emblem due to lack of knowledge, but I would like to see the Avatar/Robin.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice

From Fire Emblem, Lyn could be another female character and she was an assist trophy

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why does this thread get into a Fire Emblem discussion every other day? Aren't there plenty of other series to be discussing?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My personal Zelda newcomer is the sad little fairy-obsessed man with no life whatsoever himself.

TINGLE FOR THE WIN!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Marth, Ike some other random FE character.

Haven't played any Fire Emblem games myself (I really want to though) so I don't really care what newcomer FE might get. Marth has been confirmed, (though I never doubted him anyway) now I just really want to see Ike return.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I missed some Happy Mask discussion? Oh my.

If anyone is still wondering how he would play, there's a full moveset in his thread. He'd make a far better character than Young Link with masks.
/happy propaganda

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
More FE Discussion?
Really?

The strangest thing about it is that we all one a different character without atleast 3-4 wanting one.

BluePikmin wants Anna
Phantom and Tepig want Ike
I want Seth
PAPC wants Lyn

The rest want either Chrom,Lucina,Robin,or Avatar.

This will end horribly.
And I've actually been asked why I want Seth. Well,you want Bandana Dee for he is special with a spear.
Seth has a spear.
And a horse.
***** please.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
More FE Discussion?
Really?

The strangest thing about it is that we all one a different character without atleast 3-4 wanting one.

BluePikmin wants Anna
Phantom and Tepig want Ike
I want Seth
PAPC wants Lyn
Don't forget our boy.

FE discussion is the worst kind of discussion, I don't even care who we get anymore. I'm fine with just Marth, and hopefully Ike, we don't even need a new guy.

andimidna

Smash Master
Pfft. Midna's so fabulous she can be teh Zelda newcomer and teh Fire Emblem newcomer.

It makes just as much sense as Waluigi being a Wario rep, just sayin'

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Excpet Midna has no bloody relation with Fire Emblem. :awesome:

Waluigi has never made an appearance in a Wario Land/Ware game, so he currently would fit best as a main Mario series character, but at least he should be in a Wario game, and he has a relation with Wario in general.

----

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Pfft. Midna's so fabulous she can be teh Zelda newcomer and teh Fire Emblem newcomer.

Midna is the new Yoshi rep, obviously.

I want to see Ganondorf soon, maybe his mothers showing up is a sign. No, not at all.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Excpet Midna has no bloody relation with Fire Emblem. :awesome:

Waluigi has never made an appearance in a Wario Land/Ware game, so he currently would fit best as a main Mario series character, but at least he should be in a Wario game, and he has a relation with Wario in general.

----
Should birdo be a Yoshi character?

andimidna

Smash Master
Midna is the new Yoshi rep, obviously.

I want to see Ganondorf soon, maybe his mothers showing up is a sign. No, not at all.
I'm hoping for Ganondorf and Snake at E3. I can't think of a time they'd both get confirmed otherwise, and they're hype-able characters... so I think they should both return at E3. Both are obvious returns IMO.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Should birdo be a Yoshi character?
Birdo didn't even debut as a Mario character. (Doki Doki Panic)

The situation is kinda similar to Waluigi, as Birdo is paired up with Yoshi in kart/party type games, but Birdo has never made an appearance in the Yoshi series, to my knowledge.

So, no. Both Waluigi and Birdo would likely be classified as main Mario characters in Smash.

I kinda want Waluigi to have the Wario series symbol, but it doesn't make sense in terms of actual series appearances.

----

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I'm bored at my job, and i'm in the mood to fire up this board with some controversy. Have at it:
image.jpg

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm bored at my job, and i'm in the mood to fire up this board with some controversy. Have at it:View attachment 9698
Sure. I hope Krystal makes it.

But I've recently been convinced she's unlikely, as Falco and Wolf were last minute clones. And it wouldn't make sense for her to be a clone, it would only be worth having a 4th SF character if they were unique. Which she easily could be. But there is less reason to add one now than there was when the last minute clones were added. I think that makes her very unlikely. But she's still in my Top 15 most wanted.

Huh?? Fire emblem discussion. Just give me Marth and Ike.
Not going to happen.

3 were intended for Brawl
They're likely to add an Awakening character
If they don't, they'll just bring back Roy.
3 is the minimum for Fire Emblem, I don't understand how people could think differently.
The only amounts I could see happening for FE is 3 and 4.
I don't think it can be equal to Mario, not yet.

Poo. I double posted. :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Sure. I hope Krystal makes it.

But I've recently been convinced she's unlikely, as Falco and Wolf were last minute clones. And it wouldn't make sense for her to be a clone, it would only be worth having a 4th SF character if they were unique. Which she easily could be. But there is less reason to add one now than there was when the last minute clones were added. I think that makes her very unlikely. But she's still in my Top 15 most wanted.
Well bare in mind that she had alot of support behind her, unlike Wolf. Not sure if Falco was high demand for Melee, but if not, then that's an advantage Krystal has. Not saying that's fact, but something to hold in mind.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well bare in mind that she had alot of support behind her, unlike Wolf. Not sure if Falco was high demand for Melee, but if not, then that's an advantage Krystal has. Not saying that's fact, but something to hold in mind.
True. Krystal does have a higher demand than both did for Melee and Brawl.
Yea, that could help her.... a lot.
Because, it's almost only what's going for her.
I'm sure they take a certain amount of requests into consideration. If she's not playable, I'll be surprised if she isn't the 2nd SF assist.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Krystal or Slippy. I think Krystal would have a unique moveset but dat Slippy. I could care less.
I hated Falco

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Krystal seems pretty likely when compared to Rosalina:
  • Newer character in an older series.
  • Not particularly important to the series.
  • Decent amount of requests.
  • A unique moveset.
  • Had/has no reason to be added besides the unique moveset.
  • Female.
If Rosalina can get in on a unique moveset, Krystal's almost a given. Plus Sakurai likes Star Fox apparently.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

----
You be trippin'.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Krystal seems pretty likely when compared to Rosalina:
  • Newer character in an older series.
  • Not particularly important to the series.
  • Decent amount of requests.
  • A unique moveset.
  • Had/has no reason to be added besides the unique moveset.
  • Female.
If Rosalina can get in on a unique moveset, Krystal's almost a given. Plus Sakurai likes Star Fox apparently.
Well, there's also the matter of whether or not the series deserves another character over other series.

...Why am I getting deja vu here?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Actually Wolf is more popular in Japan, particularly back in Brawl, that's probably what got him in over her.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Not going to happen.

3 were intended for Brawl
They're likely to add an Awakening character
If they don't, they'll just bring back Roy.
3 is the minimum for Fire Emblem, I don't understand how people could think differently.
The only amounts I could see happening for FE is 3 and 4.
I don't think it can be equal to Mario, not yet.

Poo. I double posted. :glare:
I hope they don't add any Awakening characters. I mean Chorm and Lucina are very similar to Ike and Marth respectively.
The only Awakening character that have something unique to bring is Robin as a swordsman/swordswoman that can use magic. However I despise the concept of avatar in FE series and hope they don't return in further installments.
About Roy, I don't have anything against him as long as he doesn't return as a clone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, there's also the matter of whether or not the series deserves another character over other series.

Because we all said something about that.
And over a flamewar of a Mario 6th rep.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

A series should not get a character just for the sake of adding someone from that series, and a character should not be held back from being playable because their series is "over-represented." Mario already had the four main characters, yet Rosalina got in due to being unique. A fourth Star Fox character is hardly the worst thing that could happen.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Panther Caroso or bust.
He would be my next pick if he had any merit at all. Although, apparently alot of people dislike him. Not quite sure why, I find him delightfully devious. It's kind of the same way I feel about Krystal. I like her as a character, but I HATE a select majority of her fan base, because they ruined the character I saw her as.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom