• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ya know, the roster isn't mine. I just made it for the guy, and he said it was a dream roster.
Well, not 'dream' per say, but it's a good combo of what is possible, and what is likely. Excluding the general Roster size, most likely.

@ Will Will
Well, nothing says there would have to be any 'huge' surprises. ^^ Plus, isn't Duck Hunt Dog pretty surprising, when you Think about it?
Also, Medusa would bring not only a well-needed villain or a well-needed female, but the first ever evil female. So, it would be nice.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My prefered Roster (or, kinda, I change my mind a lot) would be this.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina
DK, Diddy, Cranky, King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Kirby, Dedede, MetaKnight
Olimar
Marth, Chrom, My Unit
Duck Hunt Dog
Ice Climbers
Link, Zelda/Sheik, Toon Link, Ganondorf/Ganon Ghirahim
Samus/ZSS, Ridley
Fox, Falco, Wolf
Captain Falcon
Ness, Lucas
Wii-Fit Trainer
Villager
Pikachu, Pkmn Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo
Little Mac
Pit, Palutena, Medusa
ROB
Mr. Game & Watch
MegaMan, Sonic, Pac-Man
Mii

Would love to see this Roster as a actual Roster like many makes, but I can't make one. But this would be a Amazing Roster (for me), though I know it will of course not happen.

Oh, and with Roy, Pichu, Doctor Mario and Young Link as DLC, hehe.
On the one hand, you have Pacman and Mii and you cut Ike, but on the other, dat Ghirahim...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
On the one hand, you have Pacman and Mii and you cut Ike, but on the other, dat Ghirahim...
Well, I love Ghirahim. XD Plus, I expect a new Zelda character, and it is possible Nintendo wants a character to represent Skyward Sword. Plus, Ghirahim would have a pretty unique moveset.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
My prefered Roster (or, kinda, I change my mind a lot) would be this.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina
DK, Diddy, Cranky, King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Kirby, Dedede, MetaKnight
Olimar
Marth, Chrom, My Unit
Duck Hunt Dog
Ice Climbers
Link, Zelda/Sheik, Toon Link, Ganondorf/Ganon Ghirahim
Samus/ZSS, Ridley
Fox, Falco, Wolf
Captain Falcon
Ness, Lucas
Wii-Fit Trainer
Villager
Pikachu, Pkmn Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo
Little Mac
Pit, Palutena, Medusa
ROB
Mr. Game & Watch
MegaMan, Sonic, Pac-Man
Mii

Would love to see this Roster as a actual Roster like many makes, but I can't make one. But this would be a Amazing Roster (for me), though I know it will of course not happen.

Oh, and with Roy, Pichu, Doctor Mario and Young Link as DLC, hehe.
I've taken the liberty of making a roster using these selections (including the DLC picks):

MasterofMonster Roster.png

It's a 55 (+4 DLC) character roster with 17 Newcomers (+Mewtwo).

No need to thank me; your unending adoration will suffice. ;)

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht
Someone else actually did make my Roster just a short while ago, on the next page. However, doesn't change the fact that you are awesome and that I love it. ^^ Also, that Duck Hunt Dog... oh lord. XD
So thank you very kindly. I really like that roster, tbh. Yeah, it is most likely many characters too big, but... still!

@ Kenith Kenith
Oh shush. I have a very unique Ghirahim moveset, normal moves and Specials, making him very unique. :p

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht
Someone else actually did make my Roster just a short while ago, on the next page. However, doesn't change the fact that you are awesome and that I love it. ^^ Also, that Duck Hunt Dog... oh lord. XD
So thank you very kindly. I really like that roster, tbh. Yeah, it is most likely many characters too big, but... still!
I made it already, read the previous page. :p
Yeep. Somehow missed that. :facepalm:

Well, no disrespect to Tepig, but go ahead and use mine, if only because it's clearly superior. >8D

Yeah, it is most likely many characters too big, but... still!
If you want to see total unrestrained indulgence, you should see my Dream Roster. I don't think I posted it here yet (I did in the Social thread 2-3 days ago):

Dream Character Roster V2.png

(This version is revised, since I limited myself two characters each for Sega/Konami/Capcom/Namco, plus Bayonetta)

I'll just reiterate your "But...still!" line of thinking when it comes to the above roster. XD

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht
Do know that I would have included Waluigi in mine, but I decided to include Everything that is confirmed as well, and Waluigi, well, is done for. :( Waah..

I like your roster. Mask Salesman would actually be pretty sweet, though I have no idea how he would work. And glad to see a Ghirahim here as well!
But your roster lacks a certain awesome character, and that makes me rather cranky...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht
Do know that I would have included Waluigi in mine, but I decided to include Everything that is confirmed as well, and Waluigi, well, is done for. :( Waah..

I like your roster. Mask Salesman would actually be pretty sweet, though I have no idea how he would work. And glad to see a Ghirahim here as well!
But your roster lacks a certain awesome character, and that makes me rather cranky...
The HMS would use the power of the Masks, evidently. And as Majora's Mask implies, he's basically an Avatar of Brahman or some ****, so he can use his godly powers in addition.

I was going to add Cranky, but by the time I finished this massive roster, he had already joined Wrinkly Kong...:sadeyes:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The HMS would use the power of the Masks, evidently. And as Majora's Mask implies, he's basically an Avatar of Brahman or some ****, so he can use his godly powers in addition.

I was going to add Cranky, but by the time I finished this massive roster, he had already joined Wrinkly Kong...:sadeyes:
Sounds Epic. Would actually make for a very special character.

Also, aww. Now I am sad.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
The theories regarding HMS are complete madness, honestly. Though they make tons of sense. He'd be a rather strange character, but it'd feel weird for Ben not to appear at all.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The theories regarding HMS are complete madness, honestly. Though they make tons of sense. He'd be a rather strange character, but it'd feel weird for Ben not to appear at all.
I never got into Zelda theorizing and speculation. All I know is that going by MM, HMS is (apparently) more than just a humble travelling mask salesman. >_>

Ben should be an Assist Trophy. 8D

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I never got into Zelda theorizing and speculation. All I know is that going by MM, HMS is (apparently) more than just a humble travelling mask salesman. >_>

Ben should be an Assist Trophy. 8D
There's the theory that he's pretty much a god. Or that he's part of the ancient race that held the mask originally and sealed it away. Or the one where he's actually evil. Too many to count that don't have anything other than creeping people out. And seriously, Nintendo, stop with the foreshadowing of Majora's Mask and MAKE THE 3DS REMAKE!
So.....
Slow day in the Smash community I guess.....

Anything anyone wants to discuss?
If Friday is speculated right, either this week or next week may hide a reveal. Then things will pick up.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I know the 14th is New Island's release, but what is this upcoming Friday?
It's the fact that the Challenger Approaching icon disappeared so soon that makes it possible that this could happen Friday. Though next week is more likely.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
If you want to see total unrestrained indulgence, you should see my Dream Roster. I don't think I posted it here yet (I did in the Social thread 2-3 days ago):
I'll just reiterate your "But...still!" line of thinking when it comes to the above roster. XD
I'm guessing more people know about Goemon than I originally thought. I was under the impression that I was one of the few who understand... :laugh:

But I would be so happy if this was the roster.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Hasn't the "Challenger Approaching icon" thing been proven false several times already?
I believe it's usually been within the next week or two of the icon disappearing that a reveal was made. Don't quote me on that, but that's what we've seen as of late.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Best Zelda newcomer?

Groose.
.....uhhhh
Are you serious?

Don't get me wrong, it's not that thinking Groose is a total badass is weird, it's just that you've always been a huge Tetra supporter, and it's kinda shocking to see you randomly post that Groose is the best.

But seriously, Groose is basically the best thing ever, and is most likely the "normal" form of Majora, due to a lot of evidence that was found through SS and MM connections.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Best Zelda newcomer?

Groose.
No, it's Jabu Jabu.

But assuming you're being serious, (which you most likely aren't) I'd say Groose has his best chance at being an Assist Trophy. He's a pretty popular and likable character, so he certainly should be in the game in some form.

I see Anthony Higgs from Metroid Other M as being similar to Groose in that regard, so he should be an AT as well.

-----

?????????????

Smash Master
.....uhhhh
Are you serious?

Don't get me wrong, it's not that thinking Groose is a total badass is weird, it's just that you've always been a huge Tetra supporter, and it's kinda shocking to see you randomly post that Groose is the best.

But seriously, Groose is basically the best thing ever, and is most likely the "normal" form of Majora, due to a lot of evidence that was found through SS and MM connections.
Well, y'know...

Just cause I support Tetra in SSB4 doesn't mean I think she's necessarily the "best" character. A lot of my choices are based on who I think is the "most deserving" character.

Groose? That dude was pretty cool.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well, y'know...

Just cause I support Tetra in SSB4 doesn't mean I think she's necessarily the "best" character. A lot of my choices are based on who I think is the "most deserving" character.

Ah, I see.

And yeah, Groose is pretty awesome. Once he gets confirmed for Smash, the Groose will officially be Loose. But as for now, the Groose is contained.

?????????????

Smash Master
But assuming you're being serious, (which you most likely aren't) I'd say Groose has his best chance at being an Assist Trophy. He's a pretty popular and likable character, so he certainly should be in the game in some form.
Y'know what I'd actually like even more than AT?

Theme song.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Y'know what I'd actually like even more than AT?

Theme song.
"Pic of the Day! Something a little different, today. Here is the Theme of Groose, from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword! You can listen to a sample below. This is the only piece of music on both the Wii U and 3DS soundtracks, so I hope you enjoy!"

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
No, it's Jabu Jabu.

I see Anthony Higgs from Metroid Other M as being similar to Groose in that regard, so he should be an AT as well.

-----
Mother Brain is an AT, and I don't think we will get 2 Metroid AT's.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, y'know...

If I may, Sakurai is looking for the big shot characters. Tetra is one of the big shots, but Sakurai wants the most Iconic, Memorable, and Recognizable characters, and won't accept anything but that, someone like Ridley, Tetra, or Shadow in fact, but Groose is in no way any of those three requirements. Of course I wouldn't mind Groose playable or as an AT, but Tetra? Yes please!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Why wouldn't they have more? The metroid series has a abundance of monster to turn into AT's.
We don't need any franchise bowling over on Assist Trophies, the only franchise that might have multiples is the Mario franchise, the others should stay limited to one assist trophy each.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Zelda newcomer? I personally want Vaati since Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy. He's appeared in multiple Zelda games and was highly requested for Brawl I think.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
We don't need any franchise bowling over on Assist Trophies, the only franchise that might have multiples is the Mario franchise, the others should stay limited to one assist trophy each.
Besides, at least half of the Brawl ATs were all from more obscure/retro franchises (or series that are deserving of representation, just not as playable inclusions). I expect the distribution to be similar for SSB4 (whether or not the Trophies differ between the two systems).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom