• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm not asking for a 6th, just a 5th.
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Midna, I just don't find her likely in the slightest.

Also dealing with Vaati, he can do plenty more than just wind. He could use flamthrowers, electric balls, flying eye bat things, turn people to stone(I'd imagine as his grab) and his final form as a Final Smash.
I'm not asking for a 6th either, I'm just having trouble deciding between the 2...
I want Zelda to have 5 slots. What about:
Link/ Wolf Link (& Midna)
Zelda/ Sheik
Ganondorf/ Ganon (neat idea I don't normally support... classic blue Ganon could be part of Dorf, it's more iconic and would give all 3 a swap)
Toon Link
Vaati

:D this would be awesome, right?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I'm not asking for a 6th either, I'm just having trouble deciding between the 2...
Zelda/ Sheik
Ganondorf/ Ganon (neat idea I don't normally support... classic blue Ganon could be part of Dorf, it's more iconic and would give all 3 a swap)
Toon Link
Vaati

i dont see them giving Link a transformation. if they would have it would have been for Brawl. likewise with Ganondorf really. though i do support Ganon for inclusion. and u know my opinion on Vaati

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Zelda/ Sheik
Toon Link
Vaati

I'd be completely for it. I don't expect a Wolf Link or Ganon, but I do like it, and Vaati just gives you extra points.

andimidna

Smash Master
i mean u could really ask the same for Sheik who had like next to nothing when she was made. and as for the sword thing, its not like we have an abundance of swords either.
Yea, I just don't get why Sakurai would choose a character he has to completely invent a moveset for based off just being a pirate, when there are so many characters that actually have a large amount of moves to pull from like Midna, Vaati, and Ghirahim. He'd have to try hard to make her unique...
But if he added Midna, Vaati, or Ghirahim, they'd be guaranteed to be unique and different from the rest of the cast, using moves they actually use. Even Zant and Veran could get moves all pretty much taken right out of TP and OoA.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
What could Tetra alone even do though?
Her dagger? It's not like we have a lack of sword characters.
A cannon for her final smash maybe?
She's a pirate. That alone is enough to make a moveset from. She could use a scimitar, use cannons/bombs, acrobatics, grappling hooks, etc.

ROB had very little to go on for a moveset, i believe the gyros were the only thing he got from his original model. He's a robot, so naturally, lasers and rocket boosters came with it.

Not that I want Tetra, but I would much rather have her alone than with TZ attached

Last edited:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Yea, I just don't get why Sakurai would choose a character he has to completely invent a moveset for based off just being a pirate, when there are so many characters that actually have a large amount of moves to pull from like Midna, Vaati, and Ghirahim. He'd have to try hard to make her unique...
But if he added Midna, Vaati, or Ghirahim, they'd be guaranteed to be unique and different from the rest of the cast, using moves they actually use. Even Zant and Veran could get moves all pretty much taken right out of TP and OoA.
well then u get the question of whose more important to the franchise. Tetra who is Zelda and thereby has a namesake to the series, or one off villains and allies. the only exceptions to this would be Tingle, Vaati and Impa who have there own pros and cons to them as well

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
If there should be a new comer for Zelda and with a great moveset it should be Classic Ganon > Tingle > Vaati > Impa.
.n_n.

andimidna

Smash Master
i dont see them giving Link a transformation. if they would have it would have been for Brawl. likewise with Ganondorf really. though i do support Ganon for inclusion. and u know my opinion on Vaati
Why? Main characters of a series can't be 2 in 1?
Samus!
All Zelda characters should remain solo?
Zelda!

One time characters can't be paired with recurring characters?
Sheik!

A character can't add-on a whole extra moveset through a final smash after being alone for multiple games?
Zero Suit Samus!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's kinda getting annoying to see that no one sees that Pikmin needs a second character when it's very possible Sakurai may look differently indepth.
Don't get me wrong now, I absolutely loved Pikmin 3, it's still my favorite Wii U game so far (I liked it even more than Tropical Freeze, which was just an absolute nostalgic blast of fun). There's just no real point in adding another Pikmin character, Louie, Alph, Brittany, Charley, or even the President don't bring anything new to the table, and I hate the idea of a "new character just for the sake of adding someone from this particular series." Do I want to see something new from Pikmin 3? Yes, the Rock and Flying Pikmin, but I want to see them used by Olimar (who is capable of using them in the non-story modes, and would have presumably run into a few before the Koppaites ever even showed up in the story mode as well) who could really use the recovery boost that the Flying Pikmin could potentially bring.

TL;DR: Pikmin by no means needs a second character, just give Olimar the new Pikmin types. New characters for the sake of "reps" is asinine.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Why? Main characters of a series can't be 2 in 1?
Samus!
All Zelda characters should remain solo?
Zelda!

One time characters can't be paired with recurring characters?
Sheik!

A character can't add-on a whole extra moveset through a final smash after being alone for multiple games?
Zero Suit Samus!
never said any of this. u are putting words in my mouth.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Everybody's Zelda character priority is messed up it is

Link>>> Zelda+Sheik>>> Ganondorf> Toon/Young Link> Everybody Else

What? LoZ has a lot of cool newcomer ideas.

There is Tetra, Tingle, Vaati, Impa, Toon Zelda, Ghirahim, Midna and Skull Kid

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Everybody's Zelda character priority is messed up it is

Link>>> Zelda+Sheik>>> Ganondorf> Toon/Young Link> Everybody Else

What? LoZ has a lot of cool newcomer ideas.

There is Tetra, Tingle, Vaati, Impa, Toon Zelda, Ghirahim, Midna and Skull Kid
well Skull Kid is deconfirmed. but yes Zelda has cool possibilities.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Zelda newcomer chatter? Alright. Well, to say it bluntly, I don't want a Zelda newcomer. I think that if we were to get a Zelda newcomer, it would be Tingle, representing the Tingle with a Rupee as his symbol.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Zelda newcomer chatter? Alright. Well, to say it bluntly, I don't want a Zelda newcomer. I think that if we were to get a Zelda newcomer, it would be Tingle, representing the Tingle with a Rupee as his symbol.
If Tingle gets in, I hope he's really, really weird. Like Alice In Wonderland levels of zany goofiness. :grin:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Frankly, as long as Link doesn't suck this time, I'll be happy. :laugh:
Link needs buffs, Zelda needs buffs, Ganondorf needs a complete revamp. This is all I want out of Smash Zelda.
I wanted to main Ganondorf so badly when he joined, but Falcondorf really put me off. I'd main Zelda too just to have the whole trio together.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't even care what Zelda newcomer we get, as long as it isn't Toon Zelda. Happy Mask Salesman is a nice dream.

A completely reworked Ganondorf would be a good enough "newcomer" for me.

I don't even think we'll get any Zelda newcomer this time around.

Last edited:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
A Zelda newcomer? I'll pass, there's nobody that interest me as a Zelda newcomer.

They need to focus on balancing the current Zelda's cast

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner
If zelda gets a new rep it should be demise or wolf link/midna period.
why?, isn't there better representation then some 1 hit wonders/ demise whose existence was a 5 min relevance in sub-human form. As for midna/wolf link, look we already have link... twice and even thought midna has her following TP isn't the most recent nor most important zelda game and i don't see her in the point of relevant enough to earn a spot

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
My prefered Roster (or, kinda, I change my mind a lot) would be this.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina
DK, Diddy, Cranky, King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Kirby, Dedede, MetaKnight
Olimar
Marth, Chrom, My Unit
Duck Hunt Dog
Ice Climbers
Link, Zelda/Sheik, Toon Link, Ganondorf/Ganon Ghirahim
Samus/ZSS, Ridley
Fox, Falco, Wolf
Captain Falcon
Ness, Lucas
Wii-Fit Trainer
Villager
Pikachu, Pkmn Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo
Little Mac
Pit, Palutena, Medusa
ROB
Mr. Game & Watch
MegaMan, Sonic, Pac-Man
Mii

Would love to see this Roster as a actual Roster like many makes, but I can't make one. But this would be a Amazing Roster (for me), though I know it will of course not happen.

Oh, and with Roy, Pichu, Doctor Mario and Young Link as DLC, hehe.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
My Zelda Want List
"Real" Ganondorf and/or Ganon > Phantom Zelda (as part of Zelda, Toon Zelda or Toon Link) >>>>> Vaati (non human form) > Tingle = Ghirahim = Majora's Mask & Skull Kid > Impa > (Imp) Midna & Wolf Link.
Other choices I don't care about, but I'm not against them.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's obviously Ghirahim and/or Midna for me. Tetra w/ Toon Zelda is okay, Vaati is okay, Tingle would make me very sad and mad.

Edit: I used a lot of slashes, I hope I didn't cut anybody.

Last edited:

Parmite

Smash Apprentice
I never understood why so much people wanted the Duck Hunt Dog as a playable character. As an Assist Trophy, sure, but as a newcomer? What would he even do?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Because people like to come up with ideas solely for "no one has thought of this, it's unique!" and then they get attached to the idea.

Like the Happy Mask Salesman.

At least I know that my idea will never happen. :laugh:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't want Duck Hunt Dog 'just because'. I want him cuz' he's a retro character that hasn't appeared since his debut. ^^ Plus, his Laughing Taunt would be the troll of trolls.

Special: NES Zapper. Works kinda like Fox's Blaster, but slower with a Little flinching.
Side Special: Duck Whack. Whacks with his Duck. Weak and more like a annoyance move, but like Green Missle, a rare PINK Duck may be used! Much stronger.
Down Special: Disc. Spins and throws one of those Disc things what's-they-called. Goes high then low.
Up Special: Duck-a-Copter. Dog grabs two duck's legs and they fly off with him. Will flee if hit.
Final Smash: Dog jumps to the foreground, like Snake, and aims, not at the Foes, but at the random ducks showing up. When a Duck is hit, it will get mad and dive in a deadly spin, so you have to hit the ducks right above the foes to take them out.

There, a perfect moveset for Duck Hunt Dog. :)

?????????????

Smash Master
As far as likeliness goes in terms of getting a new Zelda characters...I don't think it's far out of the realm of possibility. Most people displayed similar satisfaction with no new Mario characters, yet Rosalina, whom many figured was a more excessive character than a necessity, was revealed as playable. And it's not like she had a huge fanbase, but she did have a fanbase, like some of the Zelda newcomer ideas. Additionally, if many desire a revamped Ganondorf in the mix, we're already seeing this with Bowser in the Mario franchise as well.

It could all be coincidental and irrelevant, but the comparison stands that a Zelda newcomer is not terribly unlikely.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
why?, isn't there better representation then some 1 hit wonders/ demise whose existence was a 5 min relevance in sub-human form. As for midna/wolf link, look we already have link... twice and even thought midna has her following TP isn't the most recent nor most important zelda game and i don't see her in the point of relevant enough to earn a spot
midna/wolf link would have a really cool design behind it and demise is a badass and is also the reason that ganondorf power exists anyways, btw I dont think either will make it I just want them. Also Impa would be a good choice as well and is the true most logical choice if zelda gets a new rep for some reason.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only Zelda newcomer I want is Tingle... he is the only Zelda character who has his own spin-off series... he has lots of moveset potential from his own games... Villager may have Balloon Fight for his Up+B move... but Tingle doesn't need that recovery when he could just float like Kirby/Jigglypuff with his red balloon.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
What does everyone think of Chibi Robo's chances? All these deconfirmations that have been happening have made me a little nervous as to whether or not Sakurai could see him as being important and unique enough...
It depends on what nintendo is planning to do with the series.
The new 3DS game definitely confirms him for the game, at least as a throphy or in the best case an AT.

Now as a character i'll said he has a descent chance like karate joe, a wars unite or something. but i really doubd it considering mac, villager and WFT are already representing the "other" series of nintendo.
Anyways, there is this nintendog stage in the 3DS version so wouldnt be surprised to see him runing around one of this days ;D

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think Chibi - Robo would be a good inclusion as a character. The moveset is easy if you actually played the games.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
My prefered Roster (or, kinda, I change my mind a lot) would be this.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina
DK, Diddy, Cranky, King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Kirby, Dedede, MetaKnight
Olimar
Marth, Chrom, My Unit
Duck Hunt Dog
Ice Climbers
Link, Zelda/Sheik, Toon Link, Ganondorf/Ganon Ghirahim
Samus/ZSS, Ridley
Fox, Falco, Wolf
Captain Falcon
Ness, Lucas
Wii-Fit Trainer
Villager
Pikachu, Pkmn Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo
Little Mac
Pit, Palutena, Medusa
ROB
Mr. Game & Watch
MegaMan, Sonic, Pac-Man
Mii

Would love to see this Roster as a actual Roster like many makes, but I can't make one. But this would be a Amazing Roster (for me), though I know it will of course not happen.

Oh, and with Roy, Pichu, Doctor Mario and Young Link as DLC, hehe.
You can download the SSB Roster Maker in this thread. I made the roster for you:

MasterofMonster Roster.png

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I think Chibi - Robo would be a good inclusion as a character. The moveset is easy if you actually played the games.
I do feel like he has a chance, since his series has doubled since Brawl, with his eShop title getting quite a bit of publicity. People just seem to overlook him, so I have no clue what people think of his odds.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Agreed. (Except regarding Tingle; I think he's better as an Assist Trophy.)

I love your signature, by the way.
Thanks, but I see tingle as his own character with his own series much like Yoshi and Wario from the Mario series, he should be one of the most important characters from Zelda if he is update to be playable (in fact I don´t like the character but he has his merits).
.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom