• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Well, Micaiah isn't going to be appearing in any later titles, is she? The Tactician/Avatar is something they're probably going to continue doing.

...But Tom Nook is also a cartoonized character. Just like the ones I mentioned.
Yes tom nook is cartoonized .... I guess they could make it work. I don't know he just seems defensless to me unlike the characters you listed

Tom Nook is a tanooki.

He's a fictional animal.

PETA won't care.
I guess they wouldn't care considering he's humanized but all the pokemon species are fictional and they've seemed to care about that in the past

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To the best of my knowledge, Falcon's abilities only included driving a racecar and using a gun, but he was given explosive fire punches and kicks for Smash.

Part of me thinks that would fit him, but then again, it might just be because I know Smash Falcon better than normal Falcon.

----
Captain Falcon is basically a sentai archetype.

The Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick are basically homages to the Rider Punch and Rider Kick attacks from the Kamen Rider series in particular.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Tom Nook is a tanooki.

He's a fictional animal.

PETA won't care.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_raccoon_dog
Yes tom nook is cartoonized .... I guess they could make it work. I don't know he just seems defensless to me unlike the characters you listed
You'd think a Yoga Trainer would be defenseless too, wouldn't you? They can work around it. And, if they did find Villager, Ton Nook could do practically everything Villager does.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It doesn't matter what style it is for a character to get in. I personally find a little rascist just because they are in that art style. We have Snake in a realistic style for crying out loud.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Interesting how a character discussion thread now has PETA as one of its topics.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
While I do expect Chrom the most compared to others, I certainly don't want him. It will be the 4th Lord and it's getting rather redundant. I would like Robin.

For Zelda, I'm so indifferent to a newcomer it could really be anyone and I would be happy (except for Tingle, and a TZ/Tetra combo.) I love that series so anyone would really do. I think i would go for Vaati, he is to the Four Sword like what Ganondorf is to the Master Sword. Tetra would be pretty cool too, but tacking on Toon Zelda to her would feel a little bit pointless, seeing as we already have that with Zelda/Shiek.
This
However, I've yet to play Awakening.

Vaati > Tingle > Ghirahim

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Well, I'm dumb for not knowing this thread existed, anyway, here's a shower of rant:
I'm surprised you guys are still supporting characters like Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario. THERE WON'T BE ANY MORE MARIO CHARACTERS. I've been supporting Toad since announcement, and I wasn't giving up even after Peach's reveal, but Rosalina is what threw in the towel for me. They can't have more than 5 Mario characters, that would be absolutely overboard. They'd be giving the franchise too much attention. Can you guys just face facts?
Why can't I still support my #1 newcomer just because some people feel that it's impossible due to amount of reps? Melee had five reps so adding one more isn't overkill, especially after two games. Anyway, just because I support a character doesn't mean I think *insert character here* will be playable. For some characters, that's why there's support.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
People do have a habit of grasping at straws with arguments, the main thing being is that people say things without thinking it through.
But you just got to ask yourself, "why do these people say these things without thinking through?"

And, well, there's probably various reasons for that. :laugh:

I think sometimes people say things like that because they dislike a character, and like you said, grasp at straws and find the littlest things to put down said character. In cases like Toad having stubby limbs therefore he cannot have a possible moveset, it shows me that a person lacks creativity, and ultimately being close-minded if they think that way.

Can you just imagine Sakurai saying, "Sorry, even though Little Mac is a popular character, we cannot add him due to wearing boxing gloves, making it impossible to hold various items. We lack creativity, therefore we cannot find a way to make it work"!?

While there's already characters on the roster with no fingers to even grip things lol.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
How likely do you think Takamaru is? He's appeared in Captain Rainbow and Samurai Warriors 3 since the Brawl roster was finalized, and has a minigame in Nintendo Land. I've been thinking about his moveset potential, and really want him in.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
How likely do you think Takamaru is? He's appeared in Captain Rainbow and Samurai Warriors 3 since the Brawl roster was finalized, and has a minigame in Nintendo Land. I've been thinking about his moveset potential, and really want him in.
I'm not sure, honestly. I really think he'll get in, but I'm not positive. 70% Chance for me.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Why can't I still support my #1 newcomer just because some people feel that it's impossible due to amount of reps? Melee had five reps so adding one more isn't overkill, especially after two games. Anyway, just because I support a character doesn't mean I think *insert character here* will be playable. For some characters, that's why there's support.
The Paper Mario series has been very successful, I could definitely see him making it. The paper Mario game on the gamecube was one of my favorite gamecube games. His moveset could be really cool, he seems like he'd be a really fun character.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
But you just got to ask yourself, "why do these people say these things without thinking through?"

And, well, there's probably various reasons for that. :laugh:

I think sometimes people say things like that because they dislike a character, and like you said, grasp at straws and find the littlest things to put down said character. In cases like Toad having stubby limbs therefore he cannot have a possible moveset, it shows me that a person lacks creativity, and ultimately being close-minded if they think that way.

Can you just imagine Sakurai saying, "Sorry, even though Little Mac is a popular character, we cannot add him due to wearing boxing gloves, making it impossible to hold various items. We lack creativity, therefore we cannot find a way to make it work"!?

While there's already characters on the roster with no fingers to even grip things lol.
People are simply stupid I say.

If you dislike something, don't try to sugar coat it with fallacy information, just say straight up that you hate something for one reason or another.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know what I find to be quite weird? People ask for a 6th Zelda rep, but they bash the thought of having a 6th Mario rep.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
You know what I find to be quite weird? People ask for a 6th Zelda rep, but they bash the thought of having a 6th Mario rep.
I think it is because most of the requested/ thought likely Mario characters (Toad, Bowser Jr, Paper Mario and Waluigi) are pretty much seemed to be impossible.

Toad and Waluigi are both deconfirmed.
Bowser Jr is much like Chrom, Pacman or Mii where people though he was likely and didn't want him.
And Paper Mario? I guess because people think Sakurai is going for unique characters as opposed to highly requested ones. (Rosalina+Luma > Toad or Waluigi)

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Well, actually no, you can get away with making up abilities if characters don't really express any particular abilities. The thing to remember is that it should be fitting for the character in question, like for example R.O.B. having lasers and jet boosters makes sense because he's a robot, and in science fiction both abilities are traditional for robots.
I was referring to characters who already have stuff like Chrom. Randomly making up wind powers for Chrom or stuff like that.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy, post: 16438531, member: 73235"]You know what I find to be quite weird? People ask for a 6th Zelda rep, but they bash the thought of having a 6th Mario rep.
To be fair, a lot of people don't count Sheik as her own character, so they're in a sense requesting a 5th rather than a 6th.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
BKupa666, post: 16438562, member: 126650"]You know what I'd like?

A Congressional Rep Rep.
But they're too realistic, like Snake. They also have no moveset potential, like R.O.B. Not to mention, they're too obscure, like the Ice Climbers. They're also not recent and too old, like Marth. Why on Earth would they ever be in Smash?
:troll:

Parmite

Smash Apprentice
I think more reps. for series who already have a ton of reps should be second priority, next to new reps. for series who don't have many reps.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think more reps. for series who already have a ton of reps should be second priority, next to new reps. for series who don't have many reps.
More like fun and exciting characters people want or would want should get in over boring and lame characters people wouldn't want.

Parmite

Smash Apprentice
More like fun and exciting characters people want or would want should get in over boring and lame characters people wouldn't want.
Well, yeah. But in Nintendo, there usually isn't such thing as a boring character (Usually). I just want to see more of one series that has a lot of potential before we have more reps for a single series, not that I have a problem with more reps for already heavily represented series.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't want Shulk. :troll: (I kid)

Personally I think Pikmin could use a character with Alph/Brittany/Charlie as a trio. I think they are a very plausible candidate that many people underlook.

Last edited:

Parmite

Smash Apprentice

Personally I think Pikmin could use a character with Alph/Brittany/Charlie as a trio. I think they are a very plausible candidate that many people underlook.
I totally agree. I honestly don't know what they're moveset would be, but they're fine characters, and Sakurai would think of something. (Also I love Pikmin 3).

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Considering Sakurai claimed to have trouble with the ice climbers, I doubt sakurai would spend the time to work out a trio for a series that doesn't really need a second rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom