• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It would get a second character if there is something very unique about them, in which the trio has. It's kinda getting annoying to see that no one sees that Pikmin needs a second character when it's very possible Sakurai may look differently indepth.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It would get a second character if there is something very unique about them, in which the trio has. It's kinda getting annoying to see that no one sees that Pikmin needs a second character when it's very possible Sakurai may look differently indepth.
So...that trio is the new Kawashima, Daitoryo, Nintendog...

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
But they're too realistic, like Snake. They also have no moveset potential, like R.O.B. Not to mention, they're too obscure, like the Ice Climbers. They're also not recent and too old, like Marth. Why on Earth would they ever be in Smash?
:troll:
And they aren't a veteran.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't see how a trio of Pikmin captains would function differently than Olimar.

There's only so much you can do with Pikmin. What difference would it make if it were just Olimar with all different kinds of Pikmin? The other captains don't really bring much that would make them totally different gameplay wise besides switching. What happens when they switch? They can throw them different distances? That's not really all that unique.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Since we basically got every single type of multi-fighter characters in Smash, and there's pretty much nothing else you could do otherwise...
Yoshi + Baby Mario. Every time Yoshi gets hit Baby Mario flies in a bubble and if Yoshi doesn't get him in 10 seconds he loses a stock.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't see how a trio of Pikmin captains would function differently than Olimar.

There's only so much you can do with Pikmin. What difference would it make if it were just Olimar with all different kinds of Pikmin? The other captains don't really bring much that would make them totally different gameplay wise besides switching. What happens when they switch? They can throw them different distances? That's not really all that unique.
But...but...SWITCHING!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
IT'S OVER 9,000!

...oh, sorry. I had to.

3 pikmin characters in one slot seems pointless. stranger things have happened but still.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Truthfully, there really isn't much that can be considered, in terms of a Pikmin newcomer. For all we know, they could just be clones with different stat attributes, and that's not very original.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Having three characters switching between each other in this case is pointless, because in the end Alph, Brittney, and Charlie still share the same abilities. The only divergent here might be Charlie being more lopsided with power like in a vein to Bowser, but that's about it really.

Besides, it's just a cheap take on Pokemon Trainer anyway, and that concept needs to be patched up.

Last edited:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Come on guys, we've got it all wrong. It's this.
Vaati>>Tetra>>>>Tingle>Ghirahim>>>>>>>>>Toon Zelda>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toon Ganondorf
i just never cared for the games Vaati was in. but i can respect the character enough. but id take Toon Zelda over Ghirahim any day

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
i just never cared for the games Vaati was in. but i can respect the character enough. but id take Toon Zelda over Ghirahim any day
Letting you in on a little secret. I've actually never really played any of Vaati's games. I've played only up to the one mountain in Minish Cap, and the Four Sword Anniversary Edition I've only done some single-player, but I'm waiting for a good time for me and my friend to play it.

You forgot Impa.
Thank you for reminding me.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You probably should've said that when you made that post.
did I need to...?

it's the freaking plasm wraith. I thought it was a given.

Come on guys, we've got it all wrong. It's this.
Vaati>>Tetra>Impa>>>Tingle>Ghirahim>>>>>>>>>Toon Zelda>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toon Ganondorf
it's actually

Tetra=======Tetra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

Last edited:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Letting you in on a little secret. I've actually never really played any of Vaati's games. I've played only up to the one mountain in Minish Cap, and the Four Sword Anniversary Edition I've only done some single-player, but I'm waiting for a good time for me and my friend to play it.
since we're sharing secret, I've never beaten Four Swords and only played like an hour of Minish Cap. the only Zelda's ive played to completion is Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Link Between Worlds and Phantom Hour Glass. im so ashamed

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I personally wouldn't mind a Pikmin 3 captain (or Louie), even if they're a semi-clone of Olimar, I'm fine if they try something new with the Pikmin and give the captain different properties. Some ideas I'd love to see I wrote up before:

- Utilizing Pikmin in a different way/giving them different properties. Examples: trajectory, power, priority, speed, start up/end lag, dismissing Pikmin, new Pikmin types, etc.
- Incorporating items: spaceship parts, treasures, fruit (lol kinda lame I know, though the Cupid's Grenade’s effect might work), enemies, power-ups such as: Ultra-Spicy Spray (yes, Olimar can use Sprays too. But if not in Olimar’s moveset, why let the Sprays go to waste?), and various Pikmin 3 items

Idk... if feel like they could explore so much more with a Pikmin-using character. We'll see if Olimar received some changes to his moveset.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I never did get into the Pikmin series very much. I'm sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.
naw, it's fine. me neither tbh. I only played the first one as a kid and got stuck early on. so I really didn't play much at all.

Also, there's a guy on youtube with a theroy:

Conspiracy theory time: Anyone else think that during the trailer when Doc stops counting Little Mac's pulls ups at 101 could be Sakurai very intelligently hinting at Wonder Red from Wonderful 101 being in Smash as well? lol
it's an interesting theory. probably not correct in any regard, but interesting.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

Thank you for reminding me.
Mount Crenel? Is that the one you're talking about?
A great dungeon is up ahead, but it's Vaati-less.
I haven't finished either though. Only time I've seen Vaati is the beginning. I think he might just show up again at the very end for the final boss or when you get all of the elements.

since we're sharing secret, I've never beaten Four Swords and only played like an hour of Minish Cap. the only Zelda's ive played to completion is Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Link Between Worlds and Phantom Hour Glass. im so ashamed
YOU MUST PLEH TWILIT PERNCESS AND SKHERWARD SERD!

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

Mount Crenel? Is that the one you're talking about?
A great dungeon is up ahead, but it's Vaati-less.
Yeah, that one. It's gotten really hard to play, as I play it on my phone and my phone is too small to really play it on. But, I've gotten used to it with other games (mostly Pokemon hacks, with a few others thrown in) so maybe I'll be used to it by now.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
You know what I find to be quite weird? People ask for a 6th Zelda rep, but they bash the thought of having a 6th Mario rep.
That's why I find the idea of "reps" to be just...well, kind of silly, really. Well, one reason, but let's stick with it.
One person might see the "reps" of a series as the ones actually with visible slots on the character select screen, and someone else might see it as the amount of characters in a franchise that you can potentially play as. So Shiek is a Zelda "rep," but then in the other mindset she isn't.
That would be fine if one side was clearly wrong, but...neither side is really wrong. It's ambiguous and arbitrary.
It's a topic that should just not be discussed unless it's about the potential for extremes that most everyone can agree on. Like Mario having fifteen "reps" or F-Zero having none. Whatever one's definition of a rep is, most would hopefully agree that both situations are not preferable or likely.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yeah, that one. It's gotten really hard to play, as I play it on my phone and my phone is too small to really play it on. But, I've gotten used to it with other games (mostly Pokemon hacks, with a few others thrown in) so maybe I'll be used to it by now.
Do you use GBA4IOS too? :awesome:
I'm also playing it with a friend. Used to try to get through a dungeon the fastest, or the next area, but I usually end up playing Super Circuit and just rage about how I'm always behind a fat character like DK and Wario.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I can never look at Plasm Wraith the right way to understand... what it is... no matter how I look at it it looks like a blob with a hole on top of another blob with legs... am I looking at it wrong?
no, I think that's that it is.

andimidna

Smash Master
I think the only Zelda's I've fully played through are TP,SS, and OoT. I still need to finish Majora's Mask, WWHD, and Minish Cap. And I still need to get LBW.
Don't forget Zelda CD-i!
All praise the mighty Morshu!
On a different topic...
I was just about to say "who's asking for a 6th Zelda rep?!"
And then I remember that I am.
Just waiting for either Ghirahim or Impa to get deconfirmed so I can chose one or the other. I guess I want Ghirahim more, and he's the most requested... but Impa's the most important... er... difficult.
I don't care as much about the 5th slot as much as I want Link to transform into Wolf Link with Midna after his Final Smash.
P.S. Vaati is my 4th choice, and would be pretty cool. I'm just curious on how wind can attack.
Tetra would be my 3rd if I wasn't confident she was intended to be what her file name claimed to be, Toon Sheik, a clone of Sheik.
And I pretty much want anybody more than Tingle. I really hope Tingle gets deconfirmed soon... so much.
Returning Assist, Great Bay returning as a stage, anything.

no, I think that's that it is.
oh.

tried em. Twilight i could get into. hated Skyward Sword tho.
Did you get to Farore's Silent Realm? It's kinda cool...

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I think the only Zelda's I've fully played through are TP,SS, and OoT. I still need to finish Majora's Mask, WWHD, and Minish Cap. And I still need to get LBW.
I would play LTTP before getting LBW.

MM is a must finish.

But on topic, do we really need a Toon version of Zelda/Shiek? i mean, that is 4 incarnations of the same character, and Zelda and Toon Zelda would most likely be clones, judging off of what happened to Toon Link. tetra would be fine by herself, tacking on a transformation to Toon Zelda would be, IMO, a complete waste of development time and would bog down the character. We have a single transformation character already, we don't need another.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I personally wouldn't mind a Pikmin 3 captain (or Louie), even if they're a semi-clone of Olimar, I'm fine if they try something new with the Pikmin and give the captain different properties. Some ideas I'd love to see I wrote up before:

- Utilizing Pikmin in a different way/giving them different properties. Examples: trajectory, power, priority, speed, start up/end lag, dismissing Pikmin, new Pikmin types, etc.
- Incorporating items: spaceship parts, treasures, fruit (lol kinda lame I know, though the Cupid's Grenade’s effect might work), enemies, power-ups such as: Ultra-Spicy Spray (yes, Olimar can use Sprays too. But if not in Olimar’s moveset, why let the Sprays go to waste?), and various Pikmin 3 items

Idk... if feel like they could explore so much more with a Pikmin-using character. We'll see if Olimar received some changes to his moveset.
My problem was more so the idea of switching, when in the end it wouldn't accomplish much.

If you're going to make a gimmick, make sure it actually serves some sort of purpose, that's all I have to say.

Autumn ♫

Don't forget Zelda CD-i!
All praise the mighty Morshu!
On a different topic...
I was just about to say "who's asking for a 6th Zelda rep?!"
And then I remember that I am.
Just waiting for either Ghirahim or Impa to get deconfirmed so I can chose one or the other. I guess I want Ghirahim more, and he's the most requested... but Impa's the most important... er... difficult.
I don't care as much about the 5th slot as much as I want Link to transform into Wolf Link with Midna after his Final Smash.
P.S. Vaati is my 4th choice, and would be pretty cool. I'm just curious on how wind can attack.
Tetra would be my 3rd if I wasn't confident she was intended to be what her file name claimed to be, Toon Sheik, a clone of Sheik.
And I pretty much want anybody more than Tingle. I really hope Tingle gets deconfirmed soon... so much.
Returning Assist, Great Bay returning as a stage, anything.
I'm not asking for a 6th, just a 5th.
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Midna, I just don't find her likely in the slightest.

Also dealing with Vaati, he can do plenty more than just wind. He could use flamthrowers, electric balls, flying eye bat things, turn people to stone(I'd imagine as his grab) and his final form as a Final Smash.

andimidna

Smash Master
I would play LTTP before getting LBW.

MM is a must finish.

But on topic, do we really need a Toon version of Zelda/Shiek? i mean, that is 4 incarnations of the same character, and Zelda and Toon Zelda would most likely be clones, judging off of what happened to Toon Link. tetra would be fine by herself, tacking on a transformation to Toon Zelda would be, IMO, a complete waste of development time and would bog down the character. We have a single transformation character already, we don't need another.
What could Tetra alone even do though?
Her dagger? It's not like we have a lack of sword characters.
A cannon for her final smash maybe?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Warning Received
Did you get to Farore's Silent Realm? It's kinda cool...
nope. beat Skyivew Temple and i was pretty much done. i was borrowing it from a friend and i just did not care to play anymore

What could Tetra alone even do though?
Her dagger? It's not like we have a lack of sword characters.
A cannon for her final smash maybe?
i mean u could really ask the same for Sheik who had like next to nothing when she was made. and as for the sword thing, its not like we have an abundance of swords either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom