• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
Who's Cress?
Kinda disheartening when people know who Lloyd is but forget the guy who started the whole franchise... Cress Albane is the star of Tales of phantasia the first installment of the tales series all his skills Demon fang, Rising pheonix, Beast, sword rain etc are skills that the protagnists of the other tales games use, its kind off like a homage to him that's why out of the two I find Cress way more Iconic to the series as a whole. Even though Lloyd seemed like a popular choice, Cress is the better one to represent the series if the tales series is given one.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Kinda disheartening when people know who Lloyd is but forget the guy who started the whole franchise... Cress Albane is the star of Tales of phantasia the first installment of the tales series all his skills Demon fang, Rising pheonix, Beast, sword rain etc are skills that the protagnists of the other tales games use, its kind off like a homage to him that's why out of the two I find Cress way more Iconic to the series as a whole. Even though Lloyd seemed like a popular choice, Cress is the better one to represent the series if the tales series is given one.
Did he even appear on a Nintendo console, though? If not, I believe he would be ineligible.

?????????????

Smash Master
I get that, but in addition to popularity, I think Lloyd is more recognizable and likely. We've seen this in SSB before as well with MOTHER; playable Ness, not Ninten. The situation is a bit different, but the principle is the same.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Oh yes! Now I remember! For sure add Lloyd and the series character. Nintendo needs to expand more creative characters. I mean... Megaman... duh! I actually was expecting Villager for some strange reason. Well, Nintendo shouldn't mess this up... I hope...

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Oh man. I remember playing Mystical Ninja on the N64. Good times. And any of the four characters in that game would be a good fit in Smash. :shades:
Ahhh my childhood. Goemons Great Adventure was my game for so long. He has no chance, but he would fit right in, IMO. Those games are so much fun.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't know if I like this Lloyd discussion. How about a nice Zelda discussion?
I would be most hyped by Ganon, but I also want Tingle and Impa.

As for who I expect, Tetra, Tingle, and Impa all have good chances. I rarely put any Zelda newcomer on my prediction rosters, though.

?????????????

Smash Master
You know what I would not mind? Ganon as a newcomer, plain and simple. Include him in addition to Ganondorf as two completely separate characters.

He would hype me much more than Tingle, Impa, or anything else other than Tetra, and I would be just as okay with him as I would with Tetra.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Who wouldn't want to kill and stab people with this beast?

I just get hungry for him being playable just by looking at his trident.
*Cough*

You know what I would not mind? Ganon as a newcomer, plain and simple. Include him in addition to Ganondorf as two completely separate characters.

He would hype me much more than Tingle, Impa, or anything else other than Tetra, and I would be just as okay with him as I would with Tetra.
I actually own the support thread for that! Click the icon in my signature to be sent to it! (Keep in mind that I haven't spruced it up yet, though.)

Last edited by a moderator:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, the only character I think of when I hear "possible Zelda newcomer" is Tingle, but that isn't saying much. I guess it's just because I feel like there are franchises and characters that should be implemented and polished before Zelda gets anybody else. Nothing against the Zelda franchise, especially since I'd probably be fine with a Zelda newcomer. I just don't think about it too much.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't feel as though a new The Legend of Zelda character is really necessary. What IS necessary is actually patching up the characters we have now.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
When it comes to a Zelda newcomer it's really just Tetra / Tingle or bust for me. Even then a new character isn't highly necessary or that requested.

Nobody wants more clones and Toon Zelda would be a clone. If Impa had more roles like she did in Skyward Sword where she was important in the plot, I'd realistically consider her. Right now this isn't the case, so Assist Trophy would probably the best suitable role for her (even though she may just be a trophy in both versions).

Gune

Smash Lord
Did he even appear on a Nintendo console, though? If not, I believe he would be ineligible.
SNES and GBA.
I get that, but in addition to popularity, I think Lloyd is more recognizable and likely. We've seen this in SSB before as well with MOTHER; playable Ness, not Ninten. The situation is a bit different, but the principle is the same.
Eh I guess that's reasonable, I just think it would be weird having Lloyd in over Cress it would be like like having Ike but no marth.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
If Impa had more roles like she did in Skyward Sword where she was important in the plot, I'd realistically consider her. Right now this isn't the case, so Assist Trophy would probably the best suitable role for her (even though she may just be a trophy in both versions).
So everyone has to have a meaningful role in more than one game to be considered? I guess being present from the beginning isnt good enough, and then being in multiple titles was peoples other prerequisite, now they have to be important on a regular basis as well?... hmm the list of hopefuls gets shorter by the day from what people expect out of these choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom