• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Would it be a sequel to the Subspace Emissary or a reimagining?

If it's a sequel R.O.B. would probably try to find a way to revive his clan and fix his mistakes.
I'm thinking sequel and that would be a great plot line. Perhaps he would seek out Dr. Light or Willy for help?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What Kirby song? I just know about Luigi's ballad, the Zelda rap, Regretroid and Ryu vs Ken.
Well, al least those are awesome, IMO.
Don't listen to it. It's sickening, reason is below
it's a song about how Kirby gives great oral, ****ing disgusting, especially as Kirby's supposed to be a kid

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Don't listen to it. It's sickening, reason is below
it's a song about how Kirby gives great oral, ****ing disgusting, especially as Kirby's supposed to be a kid [/spoilee]
Please tell me they didn't animate that one...

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Eww the conversation has shifted to Arrrrrrrrin.

Let's get back to something that isn't overrated and uninteresting. Like, I don't know, smash!

Any news from comic con other than the amiibos?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah so that latest translation from @ PushDustIn PushDustIn sheds some light on character selection.

Unique abilities (nailed down to a few words)
Series balance (not too many from one series, but that's up for debate)
Character must be able to display personality
PROPER REPRESENTATION (within reason)

That last one I think is a major one. I know that Ridley is still a hot topic to some people...but that's probably where his problem is.

The article can be found here, with all slides: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/11/gdc-2008-translation/
------------------------------------------
On a side note, I'm fairly certain something had to have happened with Snake. Besides the obvious. I highly doubt Sakurai wouldn't even consider bringing him back...

Most of the reasons for him to be removed that come from most people are flimsy at best, except for talks between Konami and Nintendo to just...fizzle out. I guess we'll never know, but I still wonder.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I saw that a few minutes ago. That's so sad.

As much as people gave him and Nintendo **** for what they do, he was a man who believed in the company. He loved his product. He loved the fans. He was the president for much of my years of being a Nintendo fan...and now he's gone.

I'm legitimately sad. I'm going to go and play Smash now. For him. I didn't know him personally (obviously), but I'll miss him for sure.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I feel more angry about the comments only worried if it will affect release schedules of things. Jeez, I can't say I feel personally sad either as I have no attachment to the guy but have some basic decency.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
"The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace."--Sakurai's Tweet

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I feel more angry about the comments only worried if it will affect release schedules of things. Jeez, I can't say I feel personally sad either as I have no attachment to the guy but have some basic decency.
There are some people who think Iwata's death is something good because Nintendo will have a "new beginning".
Like...seriously?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My, it's been some time since I last even did so much as lurk here. But I have to say a few words here as well among other parts of this site...

"The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace."--Sakurai's Tweet
Considering the situation Sakurai was in throughout his time developing Sm4sh, the condition his arm was in particularly....having an employer who understood him so well must've been really nice....

As I've said elsewhere across the site, Godspeed Iwata.....

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo has passed away. He understood Pokemon well, and was an amazing leader. When I saw him the other day he looked healthy...from the bottom of my heart, may you rest in peace." (RT Nintendo's press release)
Masuda's Tweet

(Sorry I can't type correctly right now)

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Wow, this was so unexpected news.
Nintendo is having kind of a rough year for 2015 so far, they just lost the president who practically was the creator of the DS and the Wii U and not only that he was the person who let us have DLC for all of these great games. We lost not only a president, and but we lost a gaming developer, a business man, and a gamer.
RIP Satoru Iwata
Your legacy shall live on.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Please post it in the respective character threads.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Even though it's an abnormal day, and I'm an in abnormal state of mind, I went to work as normal and am continuing development as normal. This would be what Mr. Iwata would have wanted, after all. I will do what I must."

D

Deleted member

The same man who saved Mother 2, Super Smash Bros., and salvaged various games. Also the same man that made Kanto possible in Pokémon Gold & Silver when other programmers at Game Freak couldn't figure it out. We would not be here today had it not been for Iwata, so the very fact we all post on here shows that our lives have been indirectly, if not directly, impacted by Satoru Iwata. Mother 2 is one of my all-time favorite video games and Iwata's death is a reminder of how much he has shaped Nintendo and the video game industry.

I will never forget Iwata as long as I live. R.I.P. 1959-2015

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Honestly, the fact that so many of us were in tears after hearing the news shows how much we loved him. This really hit hard, and especially since we were kept in the dark about the severity of his condition.

I suggest that we take a day off from speculation in his memory. We can't repay him for all the things he gave us, so we should do at least this much.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Honestly, the fact that so many of us were in tears after hearing the news shows how much we loved him. This really hit hard, and especially since we were kept in the dark about the severity of his condition.

I suggest that we take a day off from speculation in his memory. We can't repay him for all the things he gave us, so we should do at least this much.
It would be the respectful thing to do and it just speaks volumes that rival companies paid their respects because they know if it wasn't for his works in gaming they possibly wouldn't be around Mr. Iwata was to gaming what 2Pac was to Rap many mourn at this moment but he wants us to be happy and that is why he made games so he could put smiles on people's faces.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My eulogy to Mr Iwata:

Please understand: a good man just died.

Satoru Iwata, President and CEO of Nintendo, died at the age of 55 due to cancer in his bile duct. Iwata was a colourful and inspirational figure, a man for whom overseeing his company was more than just a matter of business and finance: it was something to be cherished and filled with excitement and adventure.

Iwata is part of the reason why Nintendo games are so universally beloved and why so many of us have fond memories of our favourite childhood games. He helped his company make it through difficult times, economically and socially, and become one of the greatest video game develops in history. Iwata himself was also a programming genius, a bona fider gamer, a man of integrity and a passionate disciple of the arts. His influence cannot be overstated, and if Nintendo as a company has succeeded, it is only because they stood on the shoulders of this tiny giant.

The world has been bereft of one of its greatest entrepreneurial leaders and creative visionaries. Iwata will be missed by millions of passionate fans in every corner of the world, fans for whom Nintendo is more than just a series of binary code and clicking buttons: it's a chance to dream, and an invitation to a great adventure.

Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata-sensei.

Our prayers go directly to you.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even if Balloon Fight is heavily associated with Iwata, when you consider how much the series got over the years within Smash, Balloon Fighter would probably be in Smash already if Sakurai didn't see him as unviable.
Iwata's passing won't do anything to change that.

The better way to pay tribute to Iwata through Smash would be to immortalize him in-game with his very own trophy.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I changed my sig to have a static image, no links.

I would suggest supporters of other characters to do so, I myself will do it until the 17th which is the date of his funerals.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Even if Balloon Fight is heavily associated with Iwata, when you consider how much the series got over the years within Smash, Balloon Fighter would probably be in Smash already if Sakurai didn't see him as unviable.
Iwata's passing won't do anything to change that.

The better way to pay tribute to Iwata through Smash would be to immortalize him in-game with his very own trophy.
I agree with this. A trophy is a small effort that would mean a lot.
Instead of listing his debut game (for obvious reasons) they could list "1959-2015". It would be perfect.

StormC

Smash Hero
Smash speculation just... won't be the same. It's going to be hard to get so excited and feverish as before after losing Iwata. Smash wouldn't exist without him.

I hope at the very least, Balloon Fighter will be considered for the next game if time and budget prevent him from being DLC. A trophy should definitely be in the cards, though.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
"Gamer, programmer, CEO, visionary: how else would you describe this remarkable man? A man of many talents, it's difficult to estimate how many time-honoured heroes owe their existence to him. Though no longer with us, his influence continues to inspire and invigorate fans all over the world.

Rest in peace, Iwata-sensei."

- Satoru Iwata trophy description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom