• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
When people make daily fad topics about "DIHSE," people do tend to get turned off to that character, yeah.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
According to Mario Kart 7, Daisy has more priority than Waluigi

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to use rosters from MK7 and MK8 as any indication of series popularity when the rosters were pretty much universally upheld as terrible.

This said Waluigi was planned for MK7 anyway and cut due to time constraints.

Edit: well, that is the going rumour anyway. I can't find a source I'd consider official beyond apparent emails to Nintendo so ignore that for now.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like Daisy, but I don't think she's got a good chance, at least not in Smash 4. I don't understand why is Nintendo reluctant to flesh out the underdogs, especially as they have become popular despite the shallow roles they have been getting, which means fleshing them out will only attract more fans.

:231:

Last edited:
I like Daisy, but I don't she's got a good chance, at least not in Smash 4. I don't understand why is Nintendo reluctant to flesh out the underdogs, especially as they have become popular despite the shallow roles they have been getting, which means fleshing them out will only attract more fans.

toad JUST got his own game after years.

they have a perfect chance fro Rosalina being at the top of her popularity.

people are STILL waiting for a wario and waluigi game.

there is plenty of potential there especially right now. maybe a spin off to close out the wii u?

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather have a game dedicated to a villain, to be honest; Bowser and Bowser Jr as a pair in particular have a lot of potential for a platform game, and is probably the most profitable possibility, but a game featuring Ganondorf, or Ridley, or King K. Rool, or King Dedede as its protagonist has a lot of potential to be amazing as well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'd rather have a game dedicated to a villain, to be honest; Bowser and Bowser Jr as a pair in particular have a lot of potential for a platform game, and is probably the most profitable possibility, but a game featuring Ganondorf, or Ridley, or King K. Rool, or King Dedede as its protagonist has a lot of potential to be amazing as well.
Technically Dedede's been the protagonist in 1.5 games, Kirby Wii and Dedede tour. I know, not the MAIN protag, but still

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
toad JUST got his own game after years.
Welllllllll...
I mean are we counting Wario's Woods? Sure :4wario2: has the title, but Toad was very much the main character of that.

Toad; very much a puzzle character it seems in his spinoffs.

(Does Bowser's Inside Story or the latest Mario Party count as Bowser games? He does seem to be the focus.)

I like Daisy, but I don't think she's got a good chance, at least not in Smash 4. I don't understand why is Nintendo reluctant to flesh out the underdogs, especially as they have become popular despite the shallow roles they have been getting, which means fleshing them out will only attract more fans.

It's probably because they don't realise they're popular. They apparently only realised Toad was popular in time for Super Mario 3D world.

Seriously.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Have Bowser and Jr paired up in a 3D platformer, Banjo-Kazooie style.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's hard to see why.

Rosalina almost NEVER came to be after Miyamoto was so reluctant to have another female main character after Peach.

At least they're making some progress. Mario Maker is going to have so many alternate 8 bit characters beyond amiibo, Daisy is bound to be among them.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Other than Kumatora(who is the only other name I hear bounced around when tomboy is mentioned) is there any other true tomboy Nintendo characters?
Dixie Kong. The name isn't bounced around, but Dixie Kong is basically "one of the guys" in the DK games. She's not particularly feminine at all and is always actively doing heroic things.

It's hard to see why.

Rosalina almost NEVER came to be after Miyamoto was so reluctant to have another female main character after Peach.

At least they're making some progress. Mario Maker is going to have so many alternate 8 bit characters beyond amiibo, Daisy is bound to be among them.
I just realized that Rosalina will be playable in a 2D mario before Daisy is because of the amiibo functionality.

Oh my god thats fantastic.

StormC

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong. The name isn't bounced around, but Dixie Kong is basically "one of the guys" in the DK games. She's not particularly feminine at all and is always actively doing heroic things.
She wears pink and cries when she loses, so it's not the most flattering portrayal... but still pretty damn progressive for 1995.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I just realized that Rosalina will be playable in a 2D mario before Daisy is because of the amiibo functionality.

Oh my god thats fantastic.
Beyond Amiibo.

As you can see here, at least 80 characters are included. All of them can be unlocked by normal means. Since there is less than 80 amiibo, and this is a Mario game...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Mario Maker is going to be god damn incredible. It's everything I've ever dreamed of as a lifelong Mario fan.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
SUPER NABBIT BROS HYPE
SUPER RIDLEY BROS WHEN?
I may actually end up getting Mario Maker now, though probably not on launch. despite being European, buying a game on 9/11 just feels wrong
JUST AFTER SUPER WAAAA BROS FEATURING WAA FROM DEVIL MAY WAAA.

And yeah, I'm definitely getting Mario Maker and make many Airship levels with infinite Bowser Jrs.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
What kind of Stages would you be interested in seeing?

Something based on Harmoknight or the Denpa Men?

Personally I'd like a Stage based on the Special Training in Pokemon X, Y and ORAS

The Stage itself is flat and looks like an extended version of the floating Platform from your Pokemon stands on, there's still one in the center fighting the balloons as you fight, there's no floating platforms but there's balloons you can stand on for a bit that travel from the bottom to the top of the stage

Depending on where players stood on the stage it would tilt slightly and move in that direction But that only moves the background like a moving stage, balls will be shooting at the stage from the Super Training Balloons, small ones make the stage move which ever side they hit, if someone's where they land they'll take 15% Damage, but if a large one hits it causes a POW Effect, if all players press the shield button the stage itself will shield, stopping any balls from hitting the stage.

Final Destination Version still doesn't have the tilting or balloons and the shield comes up automatically

The 6 possible training's you'll see are

Wailord V Happiny
Haxorus V Slakoth
Golem V Onix
Magnezone V Honedge
Dragalge V Shuckle
Noivern V Nincada

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129

Personally I'd like a Stage based on the Special Training in Pokemon X, Y and ORAS

The Stage itself is flat and looks like an extended version of the floating Platform from your Pokemon stands on, there's still one in the center fighting the balloons as you fight, there's no floating platforms but there's balloons you can stand on for a bit that travel from the bottom to the top of the stage

Depending on where players stood on the stage it would tilt slightly and move in that direction But that only moves the background like a moving stage, balls will be shooting at the stage from the Super Training Balloons, small ones make the stage move which ever side they hit, if someone's where they land they'll take 15% Damage, but if a large one hits it causes a POW Effect, if all players press the shield button the stage itself will shield, stopping any balls from hitting the stage.

Final Destination Version still doesn't have the tilting or balloons and the shield comes up automatically

Wailord V Happiny
Haxorus V Slakoth
Golem V Onix
Magnezone V Honedge
Dragalge V Shuckle
Noivern V Nincada
Bramble Blast

A stage based on this level would be one of the best things ever~

Last edited:

Wailord V Happiny
Haxorus V Slakoth
Golem V Onix
Magnezone V Honedge
Dragalge V Shuckle
Noivern V Nincada
Phendrana Drifts. easily my favorite area in a game.

also it may or may not be coming back in the new metroid game.

alterntaively Skytown (prime 3) or Tallon IV overworld (landing site) would be great for me.

also Blossom City from Wonderful 101 and the reset bomb factory because of the playable character they would bring with them. :p I even have a synopsis of the factory as a travelling stage in my viridi thread

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd like to see something similar to Skyloft or Delfino Plaza, only taking place in Blossom City from the Wonderful 101. Given the amount of over-the-top craziness that's commonplace in Platinum's games, I feel like it would be a very entertaining and chaotic stage to play through.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Wailord V Happiny
Haxorus V Slakoth
Golem V Onix
Magnezone V Honedge
Dragalge V Shuckle
Noivern V Nincada
Something Metroid Prime: phendrana, skytown, sanctuary fortress

Clock Town from MM...with time based events with townspeople possibly spectating like some of the characters in the Animal Crossing stage...and let's face it no one misses the Great Bay...

Lorule Castle from ALBW...a vertical scrolling stage like Rumble Falls and Icicle Mountain featuring all sorts of traps and enemies from the game itself...and that theme too!

Tetris Stage! After the Tetrimino RTC day this basically became one of my most wanted stages...would be amazing...

Rhythm Heaven stage would be cool...

Something from Splatoon! Anything will do...

Mario Strikers stage...Gimmie some proper soccer nets please

And Sky Pillar would be awesome as well...

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
- Some endgame stage from Fire Emblem (like the Dragon's Gate from Blazing Sword, or the Ashera's Tower from Radiant Dawn).
- An actual Bowser's Castle.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Let's see.
Phendrana Drifts, BSL Sectors 5 and 6 for Metroid.
Sword Valley or Eryth Sea for Xenoblade.
Death Mountain for Legend of Zelda.
Golden Temple and Gangplank Galleon for DK.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A Donkey Kong stage that's not a sixth bloody jungle in a row (or any other gimmicky stage from the arcade games that people will inevitably rate as one of their all-time least favorites).

Gangplank Galleon, Mine Cart Carnage and Grassland Groove are all fine options.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Wailord V Happiny
Haxorus V Slakoth
Golem V Onix
Magnezone V Honedge
Dragalge V Shuckle
Noivern V Nincada
I have always 2 ideas I would LOVE:

The theater (it's basically the happiness of TTYD battle system :) ).

And any pokemon stages featuring any trainers as hazard (not AT, not trophies....hazard).

^I know, it's silly, but think about it.....I want it :)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Wailord V Happiny
Haxorus V Slakoth
Golem V Onix
Magnezone V Honedge
Dragalge V Shuckle
Noivern V Nincada
Donkey Kong - Fire-Ball Frenzy
Super Mario Bros. - Bomb-omb Battlefield
Legend of Zelda - Lord Jabu-Jabu's Belly

Status
Not open for further replies.