• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
As you're responding to me, should I take that as indication that you will help clarify this?
Yeah, here's a quick summary without giving too much away:
it has a bit more why Little Mac was chosen, challenges with coming up with a moveset, description of the moveset, and some information about character choices in general (though mostly a review if you've been paying attention to the other character articles we translated). The Looking Back part is about the promotional picture.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Robin x Robin is so I don't see why not by this point.
I'd be intimate with an alternate universe gender swapped version of myself.

...anyway, something, something, Zelda DLC.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'd be intimate with an alternate universe gender swapped version of myself.

...anyway, something, something, Zelda DLC.
I would to but she better not choose my main in Smash..

So Anyway

I having been playing Shantae, the pirate's curse one, and well yeah, she'd be great for smash. The question is, do I personally want her over anyone else? Well, no. I love her, but fanboy stuff aside, Rayman makes more sense, as well as Snake. I don't need to discuss Rool, or Wolf.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I would to but she better not choose my main in Smash..

So Anyway

I having been playing Shantae, the pirate's curse one, and well yeah, she'd be great for smash. The question is, do I personally want her over anyone else? Well, no. I love her, but fanboy stuff aside, Rayman makes more sense, as well as Snake. I don't need to discuss Rool, or Wolf.
Nintendo should just buy Wayforward, that way we wouldn't need to have this discussion.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Nintendo should just buy Wayforward, that way we wouldn't need to have this discussion.
Well yeah that would help because the girl from mighty switch force wouldn't be a bad assist trophy or character either.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well yeah that would help because the girl from mighty switch force wouldn't be a bad assist trophy or character either.
Patty Wagon IS pretty great.

Other Wayforward heroines:

Luna from Mighty Milky Way:

Alta from Mighty Flip Champs!:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, they're a small indie dev and they make content almost exclusively for Nintendo and are very loyal to them, so it seems like a good decision. Not one that Nintendo has any interest in, I'm sure, though.

That's because Ego sounds like a dying mule in heat.
No, it is because Starbomb lyrics universally sound as though they were written by middle-schoolers.
The music itself is not really that offensive to me...but hearing their lyrics just make me go "seriously"?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Patty Wagon IS pretty great.

Other Wayforward heroines:

Luna from Mighty Milky Way:

Alta from Mighty Flip Champs!:

Luna is adorable. Man we can never have nice things. Then again this smash does have one of the best rosters of any fighting game ever so I can't complain.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Clearly the best Wayforward rep is:

There's some old school cred for you. I'm actually not sure who owns this franchise, although I would imagine it's currently Majesco as they published the Wii game.

There's some old school cred for you. I'm actually not sure who owns this franchise, although I would imagine it's currently Majesco as they published the Wii game.
Agreed, although the original Boy and his Blob for NES was a really bad game.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Agreed, although the original Boy and his Blob for NES was a really bad game.
A bad CLASSIC GAME. It was... interesting at least. It was very much a strategy platformer in the days before that genre took off, and it was fairly well known during the NES era as well.

It was always clunky mechanically and has not aged well at all. The Wii game is an under appreciated gem, though.
The game has a freaking "hug blob" button. It is the antithesis of everything that is wrong with modern gaming.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A bad CLASSIC GAME. It was... interesting at least. It was very much a strategy platformer in the days before that genre took off, and it was fairly well known during the NES era as well.
It was always clunky mechanically and has not aged well at all. The Wii game is an under appreciated gem, though.
The game has a freaking "hug blob" button. It is the antithesis of everything that is wrong with modern gaming.
You have repeated the same phrase in two completely different posts regarding this game. Assuming this is for emphasis, does A Boy and his Blob for the Wii truly shame modern games that horribly?

Pakky

Smash Hero

The great thing about Smash is that it will never run out of new additions.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You have repeated the same phrase in two completely different posts regarding this game. Assuming this is for emphasis, does A Boy and his Blob for the Wii truly shame modern games that horribly?
It's just a simple, nice game. You can hug your pet blob. The indie gaming scene has really come into it's own since this games release, so we have a lot of colorful and imaginative games out there, but when this game came out so many of the games on competing systems were dude bro shooters in various shades of brown.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this game felt very refreshing and it just oozed charm.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's just a simple, nice game. You can hug your pet blob. The indie gaming scene has really come into it's own since this games release, so we have a lot of colorful and imaginative games out there, but when this game came out so many of the games on competing systems were dude bro shooters in various shades of brown.
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this game felt very refreshing and it just oozed charm.
...I see. I remember that the game was praised for having a practically useless but incredibly endearing feature.
And honestly, many of the games ON the Wii were also dude bro shooters. That seems to be partially going away though, which isn't really good news considering it's been replaced by a million other problems.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I honestly don't trust Nintendo with the entirety of Capcom. Too many IPs that could go to waste, and too many that would probably stay that way.
The only thing I could see an acquisition good for is Mega Man.

StormC

Smash Hero
How about we let Nintendo fix their internal problems first before buying half of the industry's intellectual properties.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
How about we let Nintendo fix their internal problems first before buying half of the industry's intellectual properties.
I would agree except for the fact that a big portion of their issues could be solved by investing in Western Dev studios.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd argue Viewtiful Joe would be good
My point is, people clamour for Nintendo's acquisition of Capcom simply because they think it will mean their favorite series will get revived.
This is not necessarily the case. Especially if the series in question isn't Mega Man. The most I could see Viewtiful Joe getting is a port of his existing games onto the Virtual Console.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I honestly don't trust Nintendo with the entirety of Capcom. Too many IPs that could go to waste, and too many that would probably stay that way.
The only thing I could see an acquisition good for is Mega Man.
I agree that Nintendo shouldn't buy all of capcom.
They should buy Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, and maybe Ghosts n Goblins.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ah, if only it were plausible that Nintendo could cherry-pick Capcom's ripe IPs like this...
As unlikely as that scenario may be, however, I'd be all for it. I would argue that all of those franchises, especially Mega Man, have made Nintendo their true home. Of course, I'd also say Viewtiful Joe and Okami should be acquired in the event Nintendo picks Capcom IPs to take...whether they get used again is another story...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Add in Monster Hunter and Okami and you got a deal.

What? They own Game Freak.
They don't, that's one of the reasons why Pokémon is so difficult to work with as it's split between them, The Pokémon Company and Nintendo.

Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I just want Nintendo to buy the Hudson Soft IPs. Really, I just want NOT KONAMI to buy Hudson Soft at this point.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Oh my gosh I remember this it was the most adorable thing, there was a hug button and everything

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Megaman
Ace Attorney
Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Monster Hunter
Ghosts n Goblins
Zack & Wiki
Ghost Trick

These series are probably the only ones Nintendo should get from Capcom (sadly, I doubt the last two will ever get a sequel)

While I would love to see Frank West in Smash, Dead Rising doesn't really fit with Nintendo

Pakky

Smash Hero
Megaman
Ace Attorney
Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Monster Hunter
Ghosts n Goblins
Zack & Wiki
Ghost Trick

These series are probably the only ones Nintendo should get from Capcom (sadly, I doubt the last two will ever get a sequel)

While I would love to see Frank West in Smash, Dead Rising doesn't really fit with Nintendo
between RE and DR, DR is better because it's so silly.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay this might be dismissed by the lot of you but if say Smash 4 had a mode similar to Subspace and all the characters on the roster including the presumed ones from the ballot had a role, what role do you think each character would play in the plot?

To makes things a little more structured let's say Master core was the antagonist, and the enemies and bosses present and both Brawl and Smash4 were bosses. However let's replace the subspace enemies with the ones present in smash run if that is ideal.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Okay this might be dismissed by the lot of you but if say Smash 4 had a mode similar to Subspace and all the characters on the roster including the presumed ones from the ballot had a role, what role do you think each character would play in the plot?

To makes things a little more structured let's say Master core was the antagonist, and the enemies and bosses present and both Brawl and Smash4 were bosses. However let's replace the subspace enemies with the ones present in smash run if that is ideal.
Would it be a sequel to the Subspace Emissary or a reimagining?

If it's a sequel R.O.B. would probably try to find a way to revive his clan and fix his mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom