• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Funny to think if we had gotten a new NnM game between 64 and Brawl we likely would've seen Takamaru a long time ago.

I still find it odd Nintendo didn't choose to give Sakura Samurai NnM branding.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's an amazing concept called joking. You should try it.
Cyborg phrased that nicer than me.

I wonder what the ratio of want/expect is for Takamaru...
N3ON in the OP said:
Posting any material that is liable to derail the thread, such as joke/trolling posts, flaming/or harassing other users over character choice or general opinions, posts consisting solely or comprised primarily of a gif/meme/video/off-topic image/etc, including Smash Bros. memes or troll roster images, discussion about the state of the thread, general off-topic discussion, or any other content that conflicts with the Global Rules of posting are strictly prohibited and will result in penalization.
Please read the rules of the thread more clearly. This goes for everyone.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai likes Fire Emblem. Sakurai likes mechanics. Sakurai tried to get a Dixie/Diddy tagteam mechanic implemented in Brawl, could not succeed. Sakurai seems to be going for creativity full throttle.

If Chrom gets in, I think it will only be with a Lucina tagteam mechanic.

Now we can talk about Andross with a body.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Let's talk Kirby. Who would you want to be the 4th Kirby rep, IF WE WERE GIVEN ONE.

For me, it's either Knuckle Joe, or Galacta Knight.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Sakurai likes Fire Emblem. Sakurai likes mechanics. Sakurai tried to get a Dixie/Diddy tagteam mechanic implemented in Brawl, could not succeed. Sakurai seems to be going for creativity full throttle.

If Chrom gets in, I think it will only be with a Lucina tagteam mechanic.

Now we can talk about Andross with a body.
Unless Sakurai himself has said that, it's just a fan theory.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
To everyone that responded to my post, I didn't mean to argue. What's really the point of arguing over any character? I only log in Smashboards every now and then to see what's new and half of the time, I don't even need to sign in since I know my most wanted characters will never make it to the series. I just feel like Smash Bros have to many sword users but I do feel wrong so good luck to Takamaru fans.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yeah Galacta Knight would be pretty cool. I'm surprised people actually support a clone. Usually there is an angry mob when someone like that is brought up.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Yeah Galacta Knight would be pretty cool. I'm surprised people actually support a clone. Usually there is an angry mob when someone like that is brought up.
I'm serious when I say this: Many people want him because he sounds cool. I'm not joking.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Let's talk Kirby. Who would you want to be the 4th Kirby rep, IF WE WERE GIVEN ONE.

If we were given a 4th Kirby rep, I'd probably want Daroach out of personal preference. In all likelihood, it would be Waddle Dee, though.

Though I somewhat doubt a 4th Kirby character is all that likely or necessary.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Galacta Knight would make a good alternate costume as far as my thoughts go.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't understand the difficulty in looking past the fact that multiple characters have swords to see that apart from a clone or two, they all play pretty differently. What, do people think Takamaru, Shulk or Isaac would play anything like an existing sword-wielder?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand the difficulty in looking past the fact that multiple characters have swords to see that apart from the clone or two, they all play pretty differently. What, do people think Takamaru, Shulk or Isaac would play anything like an existing sword-wielder?
No, but Chrom and Lucina sure as hell would. Sakurai doesn't make characters clone if they weild a different sword type.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

upload_2014-3-2_16-48-23.jpeg

This guy to represent the Dark Matter Trilogy in the Kirby franchise. Too bad he's irrelevant nowadays with minor cameos.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm still waiting for Sakurai to unleash that "say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" character. That character that nobody sees coming and wouldn't normally expect at the time of release. I don't think Wii Fit Trainer was it, since he showed her off the same day the game itself was revealed. I'm sure there's somebody waiting in the ranks that is just waiting to blow all our minds.

At the time of Super Smash Bros 64, it was Captain Falcon. He was a racer character, from a series of racing games. The character never gets out of his car, let alone actually does anything within the actual game besides drive and race... but sure enough, he was playable.

In Melee, it was Mr Game and Watch... just out of left field, here comes Mr Game and Watch. Ice Climbers was a bit odd too.

In Brawl, it was R.O.B. ... sure, R.O.B. had a bit of a revival thanks to Mario Kart DS, but nobody ever seriously thought he would be in a Smash Bros game. Also Pokemon Trainer. Who saw that kind of 3-in-1 character coming before he was officially revealed?

Now with Wii U/3DS, we have Wii Fit Trainer shown, but since she was one of the first shown off, I'm still convinced that she's not the most "random" character in the roster.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No, but Chrom and Lucina sure as hell would. Sakurai doesn't make characters clone if they weild a different sword type.
That's no reason to treat all sword-wielders like that, especially since the whole argument against characters with swords predates Chrom by quite a bit.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Fourth Kirby rep? I'd like Dark Matter but it would probably be Waddle Dee.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm still waiting for Sakurai to unleash that "say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" character. That character that nobody sees coming and wouldn't normally expect at the time of release. I don't think Wii Fit Trainer was it, since he showed her off the same day the game itself was revealed. I'm sure there's somebody waiting in the ranks that is just waiting to blow all our minds.

At the time of Super Smash Bros 64, it was Captain Falcon. He was a racer character, from a series of racing games. The character never gets out of his car, let alone actually does anything within the actual game besides drive and race... but sure enough, he was playable.

In Melee, it was Mr Game and Watch... just out of left field, here comes Mr Game and Watch. Ice Climbers was a bit odd too.

In Brawl, it was R.O.B. ... sure, R.O.B. had a bit of a revival thanks to Mario Kart DS, but nobody ever seriously thought he would be in a Smash Bros game. Also Pokemon Trainer. Who saw that kind of 3-in-1 character coming before he was officially revealed?

Now with Wii U/3DS, we have Wii Fit Trainer shown, but since she was one of the first shown off, I'm still convinced that she's not the most "random" character in the roster.
Watch it be Urban Champion with an incredible bland moveset and a Brooklyn accent. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's nothing saying that Chrom would definitely be a clone.

...And also, wielding different types of swords is fine and not cloney, but one character wielding a sword and one wielding a lance are automatic clones? I'm not sure I follow that logic. This is referring to Meta Knight and Galacta Knight, by the way.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
That Galacta Knight and Meta Knight comment got me thinking. This is another general discussion that i've actually wanted to discuss with some very insightful people.

I don't think various characters should have a different costume of another character, since I feel that it would greatly degrade that said character. Peach and Daisy is a common one, but let's look at that, THEY ARE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT CHARACTERS. Different personalities, different backgrounds. I've seen similar requests for Sonic and Shadow, Fox and Wolf (-_-) and even Diddy and Dixie. I don't think that makes any sense, considering it would be a whole entirely different character.

To me, it would make sense in regards to alter egos of the same character, like Dr. Mario, Young Link, Assault Fox. This way, it actually is the same character, but with a different look.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fourth Kirby rep?

I can expect more BWD more than another Kirby character like Magolor

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I can't understand why people really want Takamaru. He seem like a anime character. If he makes it, the Goku requests will sky rocked even more. I pray with all my heart that Little Mac snagged his spot just because we already have Link, Toon Link, Marth, and most likely Meta Knight, Chrome and possibly Ike with a bonus drop of new moves in Ganondorf's new original move set using his sword.

Oh, god/Arceus please hear my prayer.
Chrome?! Chrome?! Really?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052

Miss Fit is the "say what" character, even Sakurai has pointed out how bizarre a she is. Her reveal time doesn't really mean anything.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
There's nothing saying that Chrom would definitely be a clone.
Not definitely. But there is evidence very heavily suggesting he will be (assuming he's even considered in the first place.)

And also, wielding different types of swords is fine and not cloney, but one character wielding a sword and one wielding a lance are automatic clones?
Woah Woah Woah! Since when did the lance become Chrom's main weapon for Smash!? Or even in Fire Emblem!?

Who said he would even use a lance at all!? You're opinion that semi-clone characters should use their unique weapon if they have one?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't doubt Chrom could be unique, I just wonder if Sakurai will find him the best choice for a FE newcomer. Personally I think he does lack diversity in the grand scheme of things, and including a character like Robin would be a preferable choice, considering not only the potential, but the fact that Avatars will likely become series staples in FE, and the moveset could represent not only an Awakening character, but past and future titles as well.

To be blunt, Chrom is pretty much a result of good timing and a good game. If there was a more recent FE protagonist (but not so recent it succeeded the roster being created) that character would likely siphon a lot of Chrom's popularity, especially if it was a female.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Woah Woah Woah! Since when did the lance become Chrom's main weapon for Smash!? Or even in Fire Emblem!?

Who said he would even use a lance at all!? You're opinion that semi-clone characters should use their unique weapon if they have one?
It never was. You didn't read my last sentence. I was referring to Galacta Knight, not Chrom.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It never was. You didn't read my last sentence. I was referring to Galacta Knight, not Chrom.
Oooh....You can still make a clone move set of Meta Knight with that. It's not like Ike's situation where the weapon is a completely different weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom