• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Definitely surprised by the Japanese reactions. Seems not much different from Smashboards with certain characters.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I know that this if off-topic, but...

We need this guy in the game in anyway, shape, or form. Assist Trophy, Sticker, I'd even accept him as a part of the background.
I would like to see what they do with him as a playble charcter but it won't happen

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking upon Mike Jones,this is supposedly his Roster Picture
01.jpg

It seems a tad unfinished and more onto the fake side,but it seems a fair design if he WAS in the past release of Brawl.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
View attachment 9501

It seems a tad unfinished and more onto the fake side,but it seems a fair design if he WAS in the past release of Brawl.
He looks like a Grown Up Lucas, what with the 'do and all. XD

(In fact, is that actually Lucas' hair, cropped on the image?)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also about the picture,Lucas's alternate costume hair fits perfectly on him.

Attachments

Last edited:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I can't understand why people really want Takamaru. He seem like a anime character. If he makes it, the Goku requests will sky rocked even more. I pray with all my heart that Little Mac snagged his spot just because we already have Link, Toon Link, Marth, and most likely Meta Knight, Chrome and possibly Ike with a bonus drop of new moves in Ganondorf's new original move set using his sword.

Oh, god/Arceus please hear my prayer.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
View attachment 9501

Uh, yeah, that's a proven fake. It's a photoshopped mix of PT and Lucas.
And come on,he would have at least gotten a trophy if he was actually cut.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
When it comes to Retro Charcters..Mike Jones and Little Mac are my choices but at the same time i don't think MJ's chances are that high

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
View attachment 9501

Is this supposed to be legit? Lucas hair, Fox coat, Peach eyes, Pokemon Trainer everything else. Next.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He looks like a Grown Up Lucas, what with the 'do and all. XD

(In fact, is that actually Lucas' hair, cropped on the image?)
It actually is,it's his Alternate Costume (Claus) hair

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
View attachment 9501

Are you for real? That was a.photoshop made back around the time of Brawl's release if not earlier.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I can't understand why people really want Takamaru. He seem like a anime character. If he makes it, the Goku requests will sky rocked even more. I pray with all my heart that Little Mac snagged his spot just because we already have Link, Toon Link, Marth, and most likely Meta Knight, Chrome and possibly Ike with a bonus drop of new moves in Ganondorf's new original move set using his sword.

But he's not an anime character.

Even if people (mistakingly) think he is, and request Goku even more, that still won't get Goku or any other anime character in the game. Plus, his katana and other interesting moveset possibilities would, I think, distinguish him quite nicely from the typical sword crowd.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

Are you saying that you do not, in fact, want a 2legit2quit Edo-period samurai swordsman in Smash?

That's basically my only real reason for wanting Takamaru to make the cut. But I think that's more than enough. ;)

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052

That's a pretty weak argument. There are plenty of "anime looking" characters requested and already in.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

The thing about Takamaru is that alot of people expect him since it really seems as though Nintendo really wants to revive Nazo no Murasame-Jo. They already made him have an appearance in Captain Rainbow, then made him have an appearance in Samurai Warriors 3, then in Nintendo Land brought Nazo no Murasame-Jo back in the form of "Takamaru's Ninja Castle" (of all the Nintendo properties, why Takamaru over something like Kirby?). Coupled with the statement by Sakurai that he'd like to revive more retro characters the same way Brawl revived Pit, it would seem as though this new game is the perfect opportunity to realize what seems to be one of Nintendo's dreams as of late and revive Takamaru.

Hence why so many people are expecting/wanting Takamaru.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But he's not an anime character.

Even if people (mistakingly) think he is, and request Goku even more, that still won't get Goku or any other anime character in the game. Plus, his katana and other interesting moveset possibilities would, I think, distinguish him quite nicely from the typical sword crowd.
He's actually kind of right,though,there IS an anime character called Takamaru
Boxer,I think.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
The thing about Takamaru is that alot of people expect him since it really seems as though Nintendo really wants to revive Nazo no Murasame-Jo. They already made him have an appearance in Captain Rainbow, then made him have an appearance in Samurai Warriors 3, then in Nintendo Land brought Nazo no Murasame-Jo back in the form of "Takamaru's Ninja Castle" (of all the Nintendo properties, why Takamaru over something like Kirby?). Coupled with the statement by Sakurai that he'd like to revive more retro characters the same way Brawl revived Pit, it would seem as though this new game is the perfect opportunity to realize what seems to be one of Nintendo's dreams as of late and revive Takamaru.

Hence why so many people are expecting/wanting Takamaru.
I really want Platinum Games to make a new Ninja Castle game in the style of Metal Gear Rising. Would buy a thousand times.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Boxer,I think.
Sharing a name with an unrelated anime character doesn't mean anything.

There are actually anime characters in Smash already. It's called the Pokemon series. Technically Sonic too.
Don't forget Kirby. RIGHT BACK AT YA!
The best game animu.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Boxer,I think.
Huh. You're right.

Doesn't really change anything though. The Takamaru we're referring to is not an anime character.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There are actually anime characters in Smash already. It's called the Pokemon series. Technically Sonic too.
Seriously?

The games came first, while the anime are based on said games. Which isn't an obscure concept, varies video games tend to get some sort of animation adaptation as a form of promotion. Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic the Hedgehog, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, Street Fighter, Earthworm Jim, Tales, Persona, Fire Emblem...

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Seriously?

The games came first, while the anime are based on said games. Which isn't an obscure concept, varies video games tend to get some sort of animation adaptation as a form of promotion. Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic the Hedgehog, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, Street Fighter, Earthworm Jim, Tales, Persona, Fire Emblem...

I think his comment was to be taken in jest.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Seriously?

Ah,the Super Mario Bros. Super show,who could forget the glorious voices of Ron Jeremy and the guy who played Blue Bowser off the Box Art of the Japanese Mario Bros.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Warning Received
Seriously?

It's an amazing concept called joking. You should try it.
Cyborg phrased that nicer than me.

I wonder what the ratio of want/expect is for Takamaru...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I guess I can say I'm the only Takamaru supporter that dated post-Melee and understood Sakurai's priorities when it came to choosing classics like Ice Climbers. Then again, no one can tell since I didn't have a Smashboards account back then yet played the ROM for NnMJ years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom