• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why would you not
****'s sake I had an entire speech on this!
If you don't have enough recources, why make unpopular characters playable? People won't buy it if they aren't interested, so by making let's say, Adam Malkovich playable, fans would go "What the ****? THIS is what you think we mean with Metroid rep?" meaning precious money was wasted in something people hated. if a popular character was in, lots of people would gladly buy it. It's kinda like Patreon really, if people don't like your content, they simply won't support your Patreon

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
It's going to help consider them for playability, but after that, the other negative factors hurt his chances.
So what your saying is even though a character can be the most voted there's a chance they won't be payable because Nintendo never said the most voted character will get to be playable because it's just a ballot about who we'd like to see and not a "who gets to be playable contest"

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Do you think Sakurai would just see who's the most popular and approve their inclusion without other factors considered?
Sakurai doesn't work like that. There will be a few characters who will got chosen through ballot means, but I don't think Isaac is one of them.

It's going to help consider them for playability, but after that, the other negative factors hurt his chances.
I assume you're talking about Isaac in this post.

Why do you still think that K. Rool isn't likely? I mean, he is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, candidate for DLC, almost everyone wants more DK representation and only things against him are 1) not appearing in two most recent DK games and 2) competition with Dixie. Meanwhile, you see ICs (issues with 3DS) and Chorus Kids (also likely issues with 3DS) more likely and Young Link (third version of same character, who has least demand among veterans, and only things that favor him are being a veteran and easy to make) as likely (Yes, I have seen your DLC likeliness chart).

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
To be very honest, I see nothing wrong with this and idk why I feel to be the only one that get what he's trying to say.

Basically, of course popularity matters. It certainly will int he ballot.

But if I don;t consider anything else, ANYONE that receives a lot of votes would have priority. By this logic, you could end up with say shovel knight having priority.

It's not just popularity. Like, if I actually try to compare both shovel knight and isaac, I would notice right away a different case, shovel knight is third party and isaac is first party. What this means is NO MATTER WHAT THE BALLOT SAYS, shovel knight will be more complicated to do than issac.

You have to consider other stuff. KKR for me is a good example of being a nice choice to have priorities. He is popular even in Japan AND the representation he would bring feels to me as something that is important enough AND he has good moveset potential. The only problem is that the dkc series seems to not bring it back lately, but I think his popularity cancels this out a bit.

issac for me has decent chances, but not the best. Definitely up there though, but there is stuff that goes against him mainly his popularity in Japan and tbh, the series importance feels to decrease a bit.

So, I think he has chances, but is hindered by some points.

I just don;t think chances is JUST popularity, if it was, there;s absolutely no reasons to have a "reasons" box.....

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just realized something. Sakurai announced every Smash thing. Except the ballot. The only thing he said about it was a tweet saying people should ask there. Meaning Nintendo themselves made it. As Sakurai has a contract, I don't think he has that much of a choice here

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Do you think Sakurai would just see who's the most popular and approve their inclusion without other factors considered?
Sakurai doesn't work like that. There will be a few characters who will got chosen through ballot means, but I don't think Isaac is one of them.
Now that is where I disagree

there's no way he CAN't have a unique Moveset
and Issac Fills these other Quotas just fine,

1. They are a protagonist in the game. - Check
2. They are a recurring character in the series. - Check, all three so far
3. They represent hardware or an era. - Something with the GBA

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Absolutely not.

But at the same time, I believe Isaac has the qualities worthy of a Smash character, and when such a character is one of the most demanded, I see no reason for him not to join the fight.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Here is my analysis on the three Links.
:4link:Link uses projectiles to help his approach, and limit the opponent's options. After this, he will proceed to attack you at Melee range using Neutral Areals, and the first part of his jab for combos. He also uses the Clawshot in the air as a way to approach. As for KOs, Link has by far the most options, being able to KO with all of his smashes, Up Areal, Dash Attack, and Forward Tilt.
:4tlink:Toon Link uses projectiles to keep the opponent away at all costs. Opponent gets close? Toon Link repels him/her/it with a Neutral, Forward, or Back Areal. Time for a KO? Toon Link uses his Up Smash, Up Areal, or Back Throw.
:younglinkmelee:Young Link likes to attack with Neutral, Back, and sometimes Forward Areals. He uses the Boomerang as an extention of his normal moves, and likes to chain them with the aforementioned attacks. Unlike the other two Links, he doesn't really use the Fire Bow. (Well Link and Toon Link don't have the Fire Bow but you get what I mean. He doesn't use the bow) Young Link can grab on to walls using the Hookshot, and does so to aid in recovery. (Granted, Link could do this in Melee too but it's still a difference using everyone's most recent appearance.) Young Link also likes using Bombs for stage control, and combos, and his best KO option is oddly his Down Areal.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
To be very honest, I see nothing wrong with this and idk why I feel to be the only one that get what he's trying to say.
You're not the only one. I agree with Bluepikmin11 on this one too. It's just I don't like to get involved in these sort of discussions because it's next to impossible to get other people to see things from your own perspective if they aren't open to the idea in the first place. It's part of the reason I rarely post anything in this thread despite keeping up with it. Blue is very brave to challenge people's opinions on this topic, and he's getting a lot of flak for it. Say what you want about the guy, but I find it pretty admirable that he won't let people sway his considerably controversial opinions even if I don't agree with all of them myself.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Young Link? Ivysaur? Squirtle? Pichu? Okay you know what Smash fans are just terrible sometimes. Why in the world would a company make these things available for purchase, knowing the return for all the man hours and time put into them would equal up to nothing? No one (a small amount fans equates to no one) would pay for these things. It makes more sense financially to make characters people ( general public and fans) want (Which is why they should add Ridley, that's like a guaranteed 100,000 in 20 minutes). Also this is just a general thought that I've addressed before but,12+ pokemon? I know the series is big, but we will never have that many. At any one time maybe 8 but I just don't think we'll ever go beyond 6.

I mean in terms of characters who are in the game already, the only alternative version I could see making it to smash period is Paper Mario, because there is enough there that one doesn't have to finagle a way to make him make sense. Especially after the whole conformation of him being an entire original entity from classic Mario.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Now that is where I disagree

there's no way he CAN't have a unique Moveset
and Issac Fills these other Quotas just fine,
I acknowledge that he has moveset potential before.
But I disagree with these points.

1. They are a protagonist in the game. - Check
This is true, and it's been said by Sakurai, but being a protagonist is not much of a special factor that raises their chances.

2. They are a recurring character in the series. - Check, all three so far
This is true for Isaac too, but like the first factor, that isn't much of a factor at all. Mallo is a recurring character in his respective series, but does that mean it gives him the edge in chances, not really.

3. They represent hardware or an era. - Something with the GBA
The GBA is not special that's worth representing. The GBA was like every other Nintendo system only with less popularity than the NES, DS and the Wii, which were innovators at the time.

These factors don't equate to other factors like being advertised pushed by Nintendo, or being from a critically acclaimed game, or being leaked, or other kinds of factors.

Absolutely not.

But at the same time, I believe Isaac has the qualities worthy of a Smash character, and when such a character is one of the most demanded, I see no reason for him not to join the fight.
What do you mean by qualities exactly?
Name me them.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You're not the only one. I agree with Bluepikmin11 on this one too. It's just I don't like to get involved in these sort of discussions because it's next to impossible to get other people to see things from your own perspective if they aren't open to the idea in the first place. It's part of the reason I rarely post anything in this thread despite keeping up with it. Blue is very brave to challenge people's opinions on this topic, and he's getting a lot of flak for it. Say what you want about the guy, but I find it pretty admirable that he won't let people sway his considerably controversial opinions even if I don't agree with all of them myself.
I do feel the same, it;s just that I;m reconsidering if I actually should post more now because with what happened with paper jam, I feel a bit more free.

and need i remind you that it's for this reasons that I might have never be enthusiast about supporting Paper Mario on this site.

I'm going to be honest with you, because of this, it was almost a pain to go from a lurker to admit wanting Paper Mario. I still consider that me getting OP was luck, but I realised that it really shouldn't have been luck int he first place....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
DLC characters that defend popularity mattering:
:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:*

*yes a character can be popular without being requested when they're one of the most iconic characters in gaming

DLC characters that defend popularity doesn't matter:

And a little something else defending that popularity matters:

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I do feel the same, it;s just that I;m reconsidering if I actually should post more now because with what happened with paper jam, I feel a bit more free.

and need i remind you that it's for this reasons that I might have never be enthusiast about supporting Paper Mario on this site.

I'm going to be honest with you, because of this, it was almost a pain to go from a lurker to admit wanting Paper Mario. I still consider that me getting OP was luck, but I realised that it really shouldn't have been luck int he first place....
For a long time I considered that Paper Mario would clash with Game&Watch. But I thought about it and after seeing Paper Jam I'm on board.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Young Link? Ivysaur? Squirtle? Pichu? Okay you know what Smash fans are just terrible sometimes. Why in the world would a company make these things available for purchase, knowing the return for all the man hours and time put into them would equal up to nothing? No one (a small amount fans equates to no one) would pay for these things.
Completionists and people who genuinely like the character, as well as the people who say "At least it's unique" and buys it anyway... Nope. Totally no profit. :glare: (In other words, It's a Smash game, anyone will sell as long as they are done right.)
Young Link? Ivysaur? Squirtle? Pichu? Okay you know what Smash fans are just terrible sometimes.
Me and BluePikmin11 =/= All Smash fans.
(Which is why they should add Ridley, that's like a guaranteed 100,000 in 20 minutes).
That would probably crash the system. lol
Also this is just a general thought that I've addressed before but,12+ pokemon? I know the series is big, but we will never have that many. At any one time maybe 8 but I just don't think we'll ever go beyond 6.
Correction: 9 Pokémon. There is a difference, one takes up more than one row, the other is a large number, but doesn't invade the roster. (Don't even get started on the whole "Pokémon can only have six "reps" thing again.)
DLC characters that defend popularity mattering:
:4ryu:
Correct me if I'm wrong but Ryu was not popular among Smash fans because we were shallow and thought he would be generic. (I was one of them.) Granted, I do believe popularity matters, I just don't think it's the be-all-end-all factor.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Correct me if I'm wrong but Ryu was not popular among Smash fans because we were shallow and thought he would be generic. (I was one of them.) Granted, I do believe popularity matters, I just don't think it's the be-all-end-all factor.
Did you read the thing I wrote directly under that? Ryu wasn't requested but he's still a highly popular character. He might be a tough pill to swallow at the beginning like Snake (and ICs and G&W and Doc and ROB and WFT and DHD) but ultimately he's still and extremely popular character in general and from what I've seen most people have already gotten over his inclusion, or at least accepted it. Waluigi and Krystal might also have strong detractors, but that doesn't make them unpopular.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Three of those guys are already established characters who don't have to go through the hoops newcomers have to go through and are veterans too who people wanted back. It's a bad idea to go by what's been revealed so far to assume only popular characters can get in, especially when Sakurai can throw a curveball easily at everyone again, it only takes one reveal.

I'll wait for a few more newcomer additions that isn't based on the ballot before I can see that it's the case.

Obviously a few are going to be based on the ballot, but not the whole DLC selection Sakurai is choosing on his own will.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Did you read the thing I wrote directly under that? Ryu wasn't requested but he's still a highly popular character. He might be a tough pill to swallow at the beginning like Snake (and ICs and G&W and Doc and ROB and WFT and DHD) but ultimately he's still and extremely popular character in general and from what I've seen most people have already gotten over his inclusion, or at least accepted it. Waluigi and Krystal might also have strong detractors, but that doesn't make them unpopular.
Of course he is going to be popular after his inclusion. I'm talking about before his inclusion.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
For a long time I considered that Paper Mario would clash with Game&Watch. But I thought about it and after seeing Paper Jam I'm on board.
The thing is tbh, paper jam only clarified something already existent in an unexpected way.

Like, just by playing the game of the series (and it might surprises you, but I even include SS in there), it;s quite noticeable the distinctive feels he has. Like, i actually tried today to define him as a character with personality and everything and I found that although he has a wide variety of moves, the way he express these is quirky. Him being a paper is actually gaining him unique abilities, but these abilities for me feels much more interesting with how he shows them.

The thinking I got at the end was he would try to show a lot of confidence, like TTYD and the audience for me shows that, he would try to show the same feel to the enemies. This is why his potential is unique in a way, he does have unique ability like being mobile as a paper which allows to do more than just one flavior of jump or hammer, but he also will try to just look gorgeous while doing them.

it;s like, he can use a lot of stuff, but having fun while doing so. Reflecting this in smash not only gives a nice repping of a distinctive series (you could and honestly should have partners act in a way), but it would also have an happy feel when you play as him and of course, the strategy would be there as his moves are used with strategy in his games.

The thing is, this was before paper jam, what the game did is it clarified that paper mario just doesn't feel like mario even if he originates from him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Three of those guys are already established characters who don't have to go through the hoops newcomers have to go through and are veterans too who people wanted back. It's a bad idea to go by what's been revealed so far to assume only popular characters can get in, especially when Sakurai can throw a curveball easily at everyone again, it only takes one reveal.

I'll wait for a few more newcomer additions that isn't based on the ballot before I can see that it's the case.
And one's a third-party newcomer, which is the opposite of a simple addition. The commonality is popularity, not veteran status.

It's a much better idea to go by what's tangible, evident, and stated by Nintendo to matter than on theories predicated by bias Blue.

Of course he is going to be popular after his inclusion. I'm talking about before his inclusion.
I'm talking about before his inclusion too. He might have his detractors but as the face of the most popular fighting series and a gaming icon he's still going to be a popular addition despite what a vocal minority online might have to say about it. The majority of the Smash fanbase at large is made up of people who simply want big names in the game, that's why third-parties are always such a big deal.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What do you mean by qualities exactly?
Name me them.
Feel like I've done this already, but if you insist...

-The most recurring star of the Golden Sun series.
-Said series has received critical acclaim, with the first two entries being praised as some of the best games for the GBA. The third installment, while not considered as good as the original, still received positive reception.
-With mix of swordplay and his unique Psynergy abilities, has incredible untapped potential for a moveset and playstyle.
-Isaac is a fan favorite; amongst unrepresented Nintendo series, Golden Sun and Isaac are easily amongst the most popular, with Isaac himself being an extremely popular request.

In short, Isaac is the protagonist of a critically acclaimed series, could make for a truly unique fighter, and has been widely demanded for Smash. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a great choice for Smash to me. :)

Three of those guys are already established characters who don't have to go through the hoops newcomers have to go through and are veterans too who people wanted back.
I have a question for you. You keep bringing up these "hoops" that new characters have to go through so that you can classify the DLC veterans as exceptions to the rule. Could you elaborate just what these hoops are?

Follow up question: you claim that popularity is a factor, but not the most important one, citing relevance, importance to Nintendo, and being from acclaimed games as other critical factors, correct? So I'm genuinely curious, why do you think that the likes of Roy and Lucas, old veterans who haven't appeared in years (the latter being from an officially dead series), were among the first DLC characters, especially when they could have gone for a more relevant veteran like Young Link?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

-Said series has received critical acclaim, with the first two entries being praised as some of the best games for the GBA. The third installment, while not considered as good as the original, still received positive reception.
-With mix of swordplay and his unique Psynergy abilities, has incredible untapped potential for a moveset and playstyle.
-Isaac is a fan favorite; amongst unrepresented Nintendo series, Golden Sun and Isaac are easily amongst the most popular, with Isaac himself being an extremely popular request.

In short, Isaac is the protagonist of a critically acclaimed series, could make for a truly unique fighter, and has been widely demanded for Smash.
I'm starting to think uniqueness doesn't matter much. Otherwise people would still care about :squirtle:and:ivysaur:.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also, for what it's worth, I'm not denying the possibility of a curveball to prove the exception, but that's very different than loading your DLC prediction roster with curveballs to the point those curveballs become the majority. That doesn't even happen on the main rosters where it's a package deal and not standalone DLC (where every character needs to be able to sell themselves on their own individual merit and popularity).

I'm starting to think uniqueness doesn't matter much. Otherwise people would still care about :squirtle:and:ivysaur:.
If the newcomers this time has been any indication, Sakurai is leaning pretty hard towards new playstyles and gimmicks.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it's also a matter of PKMN Trainer never being a super popular character in the first place, especially when you have his most popular Pokemon already in the game.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All my most wanteds are characters with no chance. For example, almost any Zelda character would make me happy. I don't think we're gonna get that.
I think Impa is kind of likely. Certainly more likely than Hipster Link. :younglinkmelee:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

In short, Isaac is the protagonist of a critically acclaimed series, could make for a truly unique fighter, and has been widely demanded for Smash. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a great choice for Smash to me. :)
I have said before that recurring wouldn't matter unless it's the main protagonist, it doesn't benefit his chances too much.
The bold I agree with and personally they are good factors (Though i don't think he's the most popular for Nintendo in general at the time and the first game was the only game that received critical acclaim), but even with these factors he had at the time at Brawl he did not get in the game and instead was added as an AT. If he didn't those factors were enough for his playable inclusion for two games in a row, then I wouldn't expect Sakurai to change his mind on Isaac for the ballot either.

I have a question for you. You keep bringing up these "hoops" that new characters have to go through so that you can classify the DLC veterans as exceptions to the rule. Could you elaborate just what these hoops are?
I don't mean hoops like third-party agreement or anything, it's mainly what and how many factors they offer that would make them the notable choices for DLC. Veterans don't have to go through this as they already been approved feasible by Sakurai before with the merits they offered at the time.

Follow up question: you claim that popularity is a factor, but not the most important one, citing relevance, importance to Nintendo, and being from acclaimed games as other critical factors, correct? So I'm genuinely curious, why do you think that the likes of Roy and Lucas, old veterans who haven't appeared in years (the latter being from an officially dead series), were among the first DLC characters, especially when they could have gone for a more relevant character like Young Link?
Probably to start the hype for character DLC strong so people can start getting excited for the concept of DLC, but he can still throw a curveball anytime he wishes, still a bad idea to assume what's been revealed so far.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I have said before that recurring wouldn't matter unless it's the main protagonist, it doesn't benefit his chances too much.
The bold I agree with and personally they are good factors (Though i don't think he's the most popular for Nintendo in general at the time and the first game was the only game that received critical acclaim), but even with these factors he had at the time at Brawl he did not get in the game and instead was added as an AT. If he didn't those factors were enough for his playable inclusion for two games in a row, then I wouldn't expect Sakurai to change his mind on Isaac for the ballot either.

I don't mean hoops like third-party agreement or anything, it's mainly what and how many factors they offer that would make them the notable choices for DLC. Veterans don't have to go through this as they already been approved feasible by Sakurai before with the merits they offered at the time.
You do know Isaac is a main protagonist right?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, even though I don't agree with everything BluePikmin has to say. I do respect his bravery of speaking up and defending his own opinions, no matter how unpopular they may be with the community.

And I do agree with him that just because a character is popularly voted on, doesn't necessarily mean that the developers will go out of their way to include said character into the game. It mainly depends on who said character is though. If they are unfeasible or they wouldn't want to go through any legal hoops with a difficult company for the sake of said character or they simply feel that character shouldn't be in Smash (The Spongebob's and Goku's etc). I don't think they would include them, even if they got all the votes in the world. Hence why they also asked us to explain to them why these characters should be included and why I personally think they won't be showing us the official ballot results if ever.

But considering how that's a very unpopular opinion and the community's tendency to alter their views whenever something unexpected comes up and then act like they always knew that this or that made sense (Roy for one, pre reveal, he practically got the same treatment as everyone is giving to Young Link as well as the whole Roy Koopa jokes and whatnot, and now everyone is acting like he always made sense as a DLC inclusion.....)

That's just my opinion though. I usually don't really feel like discussing this though so I just leave it be and mind my own business I guess. It's probably also why I became less active in this thread and started hanging out more over at certain other threads.....

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You do know Isaac is a main protagonist right?
But is it a notable factor that the character should be in? Not really. Lip may be the protagonist of Panel de Pon or Prince Sable being the protagonist of For the Frog the Bell Tolls, but does that alone convince (or appeal) the average person (or Sakurai) to use the character, that's a probable no, just think about it for a second.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Here's my take on Isaac (since I bet you're all dying to know xP)

As far as the ballot goes - well, as far as Nintendo characters on the ballot go, he's probably done pretty well. The peak activity the ballot will see has already been seen, it happened about the two weeks after it was announced, and in that time Isaac really shot up in popularity. So if we get three or more characters from the ballot, I'd say Isaac has a pretty good chance. That is, if Nintendo just wants to look at the ballot results, because externally, among the wider audience, Isaac has decreased in prominence from what he once was (and to those that say GS has always been niche - that is absolutely untrue. Now it is, I can't deny that, but when the first two were current it was right up there with Nintendo's b-tier series, even outpacing many series already on the roster).

If Nintendo were to look outside their ballot results when determining ballot characters, I feel Isaac would fall a few spots, because as it is, he is mostly appeasing the hardcore. That's not to say Nintendo will shy away from solely appeasing the hardcore, I mean they did add Roy - a character who was certainly not added to service those interested in Nintendo's current offerings, but rather to gratify longtime fans who have stuck with the series for over a decade. The question is just to what extent Nintendo will look outside the ballot when deciding ballot characters.

Due to factors beyond the ballot itself I wouldn't necessarily classify Isaac as the next following K. Rool regarding ballot characters (though I don't have one particular character to rank above him), and therefore wouldn't necessarily expect him to be the second character chosen of the ballot, more just acknowledging the distinct possibility that it could happen. I definitely could see it, but it also wouldn't surprise me if another were chosen above him (not counting K. Rool). At three or four inclusions from the ballot, I would bank on him, but I'd still hardly classify it a guarantee.

That said, this ballot is probably the best chance he has going forward, as I don't see a GS4 as a particular likelihood. At least not prior to his inclusion. If he were to be included, I do see a re-ignited interest in the series, which I think it definitely deserves. One sub-par game (when compared to the first two) should be little reason to drop a series. Almost every Nintendo series has experienced a sub-par game (when compared to the others).

Lastly, if Nintendo is looking to the future with this ballot, as in omitting characters better used as headliners of Smash 5 (such as Inklings), I do think it bodes well for Isaac (and K. Rool) as they are characters that are highly popular, and would definitely satisfy fans, but don't exactly have bright futures in their own series, so wouldn't clash with Smash's newfound bent on recency in their main rosters.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
But is it a notable factor that the character should be in? Not really. Lip may be the protagonist of Panel de Pon or Prince Sable being the protagonist of For the Frog the Bell Tolls, but does that alone convince (or appeal) the average person (or Sakurai) to use the character, that's a probable no, just think about it for a second.
never said that was enough to warrant his infusion. You said:
I have said before that recurring wouldn't matter unless it's the main protagonist
This implies that Isaac is not a main protagonist, but he is. Just pointing it out.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it Krystal isn't really out of existence in SF0 because we know where she was and she was doing during 64 she just hasn't came into the story yet if it's somewhere during 64. This is just a theory I thought up not factual.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Man, all this Issac and ballot talk really got out of hand. I know nothing about Issac, but he looks cool, has a good amount of fans, and has a shot as a playable character.

Personally, I think the ballot looks for three things.
1: What characters are popular votes?
2: Can this character add a unique playstyle?
3: Can this character have a shot at being in the game? EX: No non-video game characters or impossible 3rd party characters.

It's these 3 factors that I think play a big factor into this ballot. It's why I see characters like King K. Rool, Issac, and certain 3rd parties having a good shot at getting in. The problem is, were not sure what they actually do look for. We don't even know how many characters they'll add from the ballot (I'm thinking 3-4). It could be anything really; Though I see most have the same general guidelines.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Since you seem genuinely confused about this, let me clarify that nobody is saying that Isaac is likely just because he's the main character of a game. The fact that he's the main character is simply the reason why he would be chosen as a Golden Sun character. It's not as much as a positive factor as much as it is a prerequisite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom