• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Though the new Hyrule Warriors 3DS game certainly helps her chances a bit more, right now I see it as a 20% chance now, on par with Toon Zelda and Tetra as of now. The competition thing is a bit outdated now.
Because what exactly? Tetra being DLC in Hyrule Warriors 3DS? Despite Impa being the very first ally you recruit in that game? She's still the frontrunner of the Zelda characters. Literally, her competition excists only out of different versions of Link, Zelda and Ganon. And am quite sure that Tetra, like Sheik, is a one-off Zelda alterego. Whilst she isn't technically one-off, she only excists in the direct continuation of Wind Waker. Whilst Impa is a character that re-incarnates from time to time. She has more appearances, stronger roles, and more to work with moveset-wise. She's also the most popular Zelda character in the ballot as it stands. So really, Impa is still winning.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There really isn't that much competition for Impa as far as Zelda goes atm.

That said I don't think Impa is especially likely to show up before Smash 5, but I do think she's the clear frontrunner as it stands now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All you had to do is look at how EAD removed freaking Diddy Kong from a DK title to see that Krystal probably wasn't going to make it back for this one.
Right in the feels!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Because what exactly? Tetra being DLC in Hyrule Warriors 3DS? Despite Impa being the very first ally you recruit in that game? She's still the frontrunner of the Zelda characters. Literally, her competition excists only out of different versions of Link, Zelda and Ganon. And am quite sure that Tetra, like Sheik, is a one-off Zelda alterego. Whilst she isn't technically one-off, she only excists in the direct continuation of Wind Waker. Whilst Impa is a character that re-incarnates from time to time. She has more appearances, stronger roles, and more to work with moveset-wise. She's also the most popular Zelda character in the ballot as it stands. So really, Impa is still winning.
Stronger roles that notably began with Hyrule Warriors last year. That's the only problem I see with Impa really, if she gets a major role in the new Zelda games, I'll change my stance on Impa's chances being the most likely Zelda newcomer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Stronger roles that notably began with Hyrule Warriors last year. That's the only problem I see with Impa really, if she gets a major role in the new Zelda games, I'll change my stance on Impa's chances being the most likely Zelda newcomer.
How about Skyward Sword? Why the **** did nobody play this game?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
After reviewing the trailers on the homepage...
I'm not sure what to think of the new Federation Force and Blast Ball...especially with no mention of Samus or whether or not she'll be in the game yet...
it seems like just some random Sci-Fi shooter rather than a metroid game...I'm hoping there's still something major planned for the franchise and this is just to hold us off until then, because otherwise it is a bit of a disappointment...

...on the plus side it does look somewhat fun and actually being able to play as Federation troopers is a new take on the series...

----

Edit: Also saw the Wolvens in the Star Fox trailer...if you blink you'll pretty much miss them...
Star Fox is definitely the highlight of this Event...Looking forward to it...

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How about Skyward Sword? Why the **** did nobody play this game?
That's true too... but she came back to a minor role in Link Between Worlds 2 years later. She's pretty inconsistent in roles and is known for her minor roles in most Zelda games most of them being unmemorable, and she really gained a true fanbase when HW came out. If she keeps her major role in the next Zelda games, I will see her as the most likely Zelda newcomer. Just one new game (Aside from the spin-offs) with Impa in a major role is all that is needed.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Nobody seems to be talking about this.

Did a Treehouse Live presenter mention there was another dlc character she couldn't tell anyone about? I'm pretty sure I heard a woman say something along those lines when they were playing Star Fox.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Zelda has absolutely jumped ship to NX. It's probably still headed to the Wii U as well, but it's likely gone the way of Twilight Princess, which from a business perspective is understandable. With a Direct like this, it's clear Zelda needed a damn good reason not to be present and forgo its role of ultimately carrying the show.
I don't know about that, the game is probably coming out next year and I don't expect the NX to come out until 2017.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The winner of E3 is the Nintendo 6/14/15 presentation + World championships, I was actually more satisfied with that despite it being leaked.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
METROID IS DEAD THE ONLY WAY METROID IS ALIVE NOW IS THROUGH SMASH **** THIS E3 NINTENDO! Good things I saw: FE English...Japan gets it in a few weeks. Zelda...Currently unsure about it. XenoX English...No voice acting shown and I'm certain a european release date is not announced

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Metroid Prime 4 confirmed, Ridley confirmed, Donkey Kong Country: K.Rool's Revenge confirmed, Kirby and the Crystal Shards HD confirmed, F-Zero Super Ultimate Deluxe and Knuckles confirmed.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also why does Fox's Arwing tranform into some sort of robot chicken? Why couldn't they let Fox go on-foot as in Assault? Quite a bummer to me.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Your terminology for things you dislike is strange and I wanted to understand why.
I apologize for being coarse then.
The reason I used gross, because I find it disgusting that they would tarnish the Metroid name with a generic shoot bang.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have faith in Next Level Games so I'll give the Metroid title a chance, but it does look kinda generic and unexceptional...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Your reaction: the new Metroid character in Smash 5 is gonna be a Federation Trooper. :troll:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I have faith in Next Level Games so I'll give the Metroid title a chance, but it does look kinda generic and unexceptional...
There is no homicidal space pirate dragon, for me 0/10 would not bang.

Your reaction: the new Metroid character in Smash 5 is gonna be a Federation Trooper. :troll:
Nah son, its all about that Blast Ball.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Which kinda reminds me. Did they mention anything more in regards to Starfox 2 for Starfox Zero? Is it some sort of revival of that game? (I didn't really watch the treehouse so I'm not sure.)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's nothing compared to this atrocity,
That's really not that bad considering it's a model from a now old game that shows up in a small portion of the screen for brief periods. The other is an ugly image of the protagonist that is what people will be associating with/looking at when they decide if they're going to buy that game or not.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I understand the sentimental feelings toward Mario's 30 year anniversary. Mario is my home boy. I grew up with him. But your big presentation to sell your product to your consumers is simply not the place to do that.

I was happy with Star Fox. I'm happy with the release dates we learned today. I'm honestly fine with the Animal Crossing stuff. But...there are certain things you have to just do. Your consumers are suggesting things that would make crazy amounts of money.

No Star Fox multiplayer? In 2015? That is disappointing. I love a good single player game, but this one in particular stings. New Metroid, but not really what people wanted. Metroid Prime 4 would have really hit a home run...but it didn't happen.

Aside from that, the presentation was amiibo, amiibo, amiibo, Mario Maker and more Mario Maker. I myself collect amiibo and I think the Animal Crossing board game looks like it could be fun. But it's not what people wanted. They need to reconsider what they're working on. In my honest opinion.

I thought Splatoon would be a change in direction for their IP's, but who knows? I was remarkably disappointed by Nintendo today. They make great games, but they also starve their own IP's.

Positives:
Release dates
Star Fox
M&L/Paper Mario

Cons:
Too Much Mario Maker
Too much filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom