• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah no that was a bad conference. Real bad. Not E3 08 bad... but the worst since then for sure.

The Wii U reveals consisted of Tennis and Mario Party: Animal Crossing Edition, and the 3DS reveals were marginally better but that of ones you'd see in any random Direct... three spin-offs... with one coming this year.

I guess this is what happens when Nintendo decides to shift development of their big Wii U games to the next platform which they understandably can't show at this point...
I knew there'd be spinoffs, but I wasn't expecting that to be all they had.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Where's Pokemon? Like where is it? I'm serious...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope they aren't jumping ship that quick, this NX thing seems to come across as a mobile thing.

Otherwise, yeah, I did want a little more, not trying to sound entitled because that's the worse but yeah, I wanted just a little bit more.
Zelda has absolutely jumped ship to NX. It's probably still headed to the Wii U as well, but it's likely gone the way of Twilight Princess, which from a business perspective is understandable. With a Direct like this, it's clear Zelda needed a damn good reason not to be present and forgo its role of ultimately carrying the show.

And they've already confirmed the next 3D Mario has shifted development to the next system.

Honestly at this point I'd suspect the console AC has as well... this Mario Party looking thing is probably just to hold people off.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well I guess people can say that the Metroid ball players make more sense than Ridley in smash. Oh my god...

Zelda has absolutely jumped ship to NX. It's probably still headed to the Wii U as well, but it's likely gone the way of Twilight Princess, which from a business perspective is understandable. With a Direct like this, it's clear Zelda needed a damn good reason not to be present and forgo its role of ultimately carrying the show.

And they've already confirmed the next 3D Mario has shifted development to the next system.

Honestly at this point I'd suspect the console AC has as well... this Mario Party looking thing is probably just to hold people off.
True, I just hope the Wii U has another year or so left which may be a given becasue if the NX is announced next year it probably won't be out until holiday 2017. Wait is 2018 too unrealisitic? Hmmm, well anyway I'm trying to stay hopeful for the rest of this week. But this is a shaky start...

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok so Star Fox Zero looks amazing...no mention of either Wolf or Krystal as of yet...
Also Skylanders...does this affect Spyro's chances?

And the new handheld Zelda looks interesting...

On the downside no pokemon or metroid....at all.... :(

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok so Star Fox Zero looks amazing...no mention of either Wolf or Krystal as of yet...

Er, we clearly saw Wolf in the game. You can see Star Wolf at several points, and although Wolf doesn't talk, you do see his "W" icon. He's in the game.

Krystal, on the other hand, is probably dead at this point.

Also, there is a Metroid game by Next Level Games... Federation Force lol. And Blast Ball is also a Metroid game.

Oh, and we definitely saw Pokemon! Well, it was under the name of Yo-Kai Watch instead.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm expecting one more reveal later at that media conference thing they always have.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Er, we clearly saw Wolf in the game. You can see Star Wolf at several points, and although Wolf doesn't talk, you do see his "W" icon. He's in the game.

Krystal, on the other hand, is probably dead at this point.

Also, there is a Metroid game by Next Level Games... Federation Force lol. And Blast Ball is also a Metroid game.

Oh, and we definitely saw Pokemon! Well, it was under the name of Yo-Kai Watch instead.
Oh missed those parts...was popping in every few minutes so it could be likely I just missed those entirely...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm expecting one more reveal later at that media conference thing they always have.
You mean the behind-closed-doors press conference? The one that aired alongside the Digital Event.

I mean, I do think they'd announce something else, but considering how they ended this Digital Event... I'm not sure.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well...uh...*goes to make support group for Three Young Links Stacked On Top of Each Other*
But BKupa666, Triforce Heroes Link is already playable in Smash. Didn't you know? :troll:

If anything considering they reused Toon Link's design again. This has more or less cemented him as the most prominent child Link of the Zelda franchise (If he wasn't already) which I'm more than happy with. Sorry Young Link..... :T

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You mean the behind-closed-doors press conference? The one that aired alongside the Digital Event.

I mean, I do think they'd announce something else, but considering how they ended this Digital Event... I'm not sure.
The same ones that have had Codename STEAM and Pac-Man revealed at them in the past... which usually occur later in the day.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pokémon doesn't announces their new mainline games at E3, they do talk about them after the fact (XY, ORAS), but they don't reveal it.
True but there was nothing Pokemon related at all not even Pokken.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Pakky

Smash Hero
The same ones that have had Codename STEAM and Pac-Man revealed at them in the past... which usually occur later in the day.
"What's the matter, scared?"

- Wolf

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The only relevant things that I can associate with Smash are probably that Paper Mario will gain some popularity and Krystal is like... dead.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Wolf is in the game, look closely, you'll notice one of the Wolfens has a W on it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The only relevant things that I can associate with Smash are probably that Paper Mario will gain some popularity and Krystal is like... dead.
Krystal is dead? How do you mean? Has StarFox Wii U been showcased while I was gone? Is it confirmed Krystal has no appearance in StarFox Wii U?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Krystal is dead? How do you mean? Has StarFox Wii U been showcased while I was gone? Is it confirmed Krystal has no appearance in StarFox Wii U?
It hasn't been confirmed but considering this title seems to be acting like Adventures, Assault, and Command never existed it's highly likely.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wolf is in the game, look closely, you'll notice one of the Wolfens has a W on it.
I still missed it...either way I don't doubt that Wolf is in the game since they took a lot fron Star Fox 64...Krystal seems dead in the water though...

Peppy is back in the cockpit.
I would be surprised if Krystual is back in this game.

Maybe its a DK situtation and she will be back for star fox tropical freeze but currently Krystal is probably MIA like dixie

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They didn't announce any this year, though. Those events were announced last year, but none of those were announced.

Supposedly there's new surprises but I have no hope for anything.

It hasn't been confirmed but considering this title seems to be acting like Adventures, Assault, and Command never existed it's highly likely.
Its a complete reboot it seems. Though it looks more like Star Fox 2 than anything.

Not confirmed, but I'm positive she's gone. This game seems to be a complete reboot and only references things from the original Star Fox. Maybe they'll bring back the other pilots from Star Fox and Star Fox 2, but currently we know of only Star Fox themselves and Star Wolf.

I'm tired of Mario Maker, that makes me sad.
I love Mario Maker. I hate how its the only thing they have to show off. Well, that and Star Fox.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
They didn't announce any this year, though. Those events were announced last year, but none of those were announced.

Supposedly there's new surprises but I have no hope for anything.

Its a complete reboot it seems. Though it looks more like Star Fox 2 than anything.

Not confirmed, but I'm positive she's gone. This game seems to be a complete reboot and only references things from the original Star Fox. Maybe they'll bring back the other pilots from Star Fox and Star Fox 2, but currently we know of only Star Fox themselves and Star Wolf.
and Bill, he was in the treehouse footage of Corneria as well as Caiman and that other monkey guy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
All you had to do is look at how EAD removed freaking Diddy Kong from a DK title to see that Krystal probably wasn't going to make it back for this one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With Krystal's fate being unsure, it think it wouldn't be too far fetched for me to support Slippy again. If he does wind up being playable over her, I can guarantee you that he would be the Star Fox equivalent of Diddy Kong. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I thought SFZ looked very typical. It's Star Fox alright. Was not blown away by it. (Honestly they shouldn't have announced it last year so it could've been a huge surprise to steal the show - which wouldn't have been tough to do).

However I think it's going to be like 3D World where the E3 trailer was kinda ehh but the trailer in the holiday Direct will be a lot more spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom