• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay, guys, no need to dogpile on Blue. He's got just as much a right to express his opinion as the rest of us.

That said, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , nobody is taking issue with your opinion or your right to support whomever you want. What's being regarded with abject exasperation is the fact that you don't seem willing to accept criticism in terms of your logic. Kudos to you for sticking to your guns, but come on, at least take it on the chin when somebody tells you your rationale is flawed.

Trust me, I know a thing or two about supporting unlikely characters. Yet claiming this ironclad evidence that they're definitely going to be in, trust me on this, isn't going to win you any favours - it's just going to aggravate others and colour you as a delusional and irrational orator.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's not definite (for how many times I say in this thread, yet people still think that I think Young Link is 99% likely), but the factors I mentioned certainly benefit his chances a by good margin, but I can acknowledge the flaws he has with his inclusion in the case Sakurai is not bringing back everyone and only has a few to choose from. I look at it from multiple possible scenarios, look at it from a pre-ballot scenario and from a ballot scenario.
I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's not definite (for how many times I say in this thread, yet people still think that I think Young Link is 99% likely), but the factors I mentioned certainly benefit his chances a by good margin, but I can acknowledge the flaws he has with his inclusion in the case Sakurai is not bringing back everyone and only has a few to choose from. I look at it from multiple possible scenarios,
I know what I'm talking about.
People exaggerate how likely you say Young Link is. You put him at like... what was it? 25%.

An over-estimate in the eyes of most, but people are blowing it out of proportion.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Ok, then I just won't say that then. :L Will definitely add under the "to not post in Smashboards" list.

By the way, it's almost 1 hour till the presentation hype!

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If there's one thing I see frequently on this site, it's posts that absolutely never change or provide no logic to back them. @GoldenYuiitusin , you are my hero for that Young Link post. THANK YOU!

As a few side notes, let me drop some (imo) cold hard facts with DLC:

-3rd parties have to be big name vidya characters. Sakurai has said this, yet people ignore it because they want their own character. We have Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Ryu. We HAD Solid Snake. All 5 of them are gaming icons who, if not known to people outside of gaming fans, are known worldwide to people who ARE gamers. These are the people who are playing Smash already. Shantae, Shovel Knight, or even Professor Layton just don't stack up to these guys...characters like Rayman, Snake and a few others do.

I'm not saying that don't have a chance, but based on the characters we've already gotten I wouldn't expect them.

- It should be highly doubtful that ANY series will get more than one DLC character. If we get a minimum of *8 (this is hypothetical) and we get two Pokemon characters...that to me is overkill. We should be getting a diverse and hype worthy lineup of DLC. We have no idea when the end of characters will be here, but there will be an end at some point. If we go by what people are saying SHOULD happen, 4 characters would be Pokemon... FOUR OF THEM. If Squirtle gets added, Ivysaur would also likely come back (at least in my opinion because why add one and not the other?) and Pichu is...Pichu. I am all for unique movesets. That's a large part of what makes Smash so fun. But I also want unique movesets from different series and different characters. Having 9 Pokemon characters? Sheesh...

- Keep in mind that particular characters have always been viewed as "likely". Mainly, K.Rool and Isaac. Guess who was likely for Smash 4? K.Rool, Isaac, and Ridley? Guess who's on the main roster? None of them.

I love the idea of K.Rool and Isaac in Smash, and I think they should be added because of what they could bring to the game. Ridley is dead in the water based on what Sakurai has already said. Thinking otherwise IN TERMS OF SMASH 4 is being in denial. But we need to get off the rails of the "They're going to be in Smash!" train. They'd be great, yes. But there's hardly enough reason to think they're for sure happening. Let's open discussion to some other characters. Let's form a logical reasoning to consider the top 10 unique characters for the future of Smash. What pushes the series forward? These are things we should think about with new additions.

- Finally, if a character gets a Mii Fighter costume, they're probably out of the running. That's just my opinion, but Sakurai has mentioned something along the lines of "we may not add everybody as playable, but in some other form instead". Several characters have been added through other means, so it's not farfetched.
---
Personally, I think Wolf is guaranteed. The other veterans have something standing in their way, while Wolf has nothing. We've seen 3 highly requested vets come back, and he is no different. He'll be back. Out of the 6 Mario slots, that leaves one.

In my honest opinion, DLC was planned, and those 6 slots are 6 pre-planned characters. I believe in a future patch (IF the ballot is going to be used for Smash 4 DLC) more slots will be added. I believe this because of the E3 leak last year from Sal Romano (in which DLC was mentioned, as was Lucas being a part of it).

The 6th slot is either another hype newcomer or Snake. Call me out for bias, again, I don't care. Snake is quite honestly the most hype veteran left after Wolf. Especially now that we have Ryu. However, if it ISN'T Snake, I could see it being a largely requested character. I don't think the ballot will have anything to do with the character getting picked. If it's K.Rool, he was already planned as DLC. If it's Wonder Red, he was already planned as DLC.

But yeah, these are my thoughts leading into the rest of the year of speculation. The ballot ends in October, so I don't think ballot choices will be worked on until after that.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
No logic provided?
... :(
Check this analysis that showcases everything about Young Link's chances:
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...-and-discuss-e3.398604/page-130#post-19324695
I'll quote it too just in case.
Young Link Chance:
20%
(I am using every argument I can recall in the Official Character Discussion thread and the 35 Factors to Consider for DLC for this analysis, which I recommend using)
(I also rechecked many times to make sure I'm not flaming anyone here)

Ah Young Link, by far one of the most debated characters I have defended through my time here in DLC speculation so far. I have encountered pretty much every single bit of percentage of arguments against him, and I will show that there are positives within Young Link that can overcome the negative aspects of inclusion and make it as readable as possible. With that, let's get started and I recommend to NOT IGNORE and read every inch of this before you rate:
___

+He's a veteran. Sakurai has reiterated that "if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt." With this in mind, with the time he has for DLC, there's a
good chance he'll bring almost every veteran back (I say "almost" because Ice Climbers and the 3DS limitations), and Young Link is one of those. This gives him a better chance than most characters for DLC.
___

+When it comes to relevance, Young Link is already through the gate with that with the 3DS title The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. Just like Toon Zelda, even if Sakurai doesn't want to plan all the veterans for DLC pre-ballot, he likely has considered Young Link again with the highly anticipated remake. That is what also gives him a slight edge over some veterans (Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle) even if he's the least requested.
___

+Not only that, he would be an easy to make clone. Like Pichu, he also shares some similarities with Toon Link and Link and already has a moveset to take from and start from scratch.

Given with the recently released game and the free time he's been given with DLC, he could likely and easily take some inspiration from the game to use masks that act as temporary transform moves like Kirby's Stone attack, Pac-Man turning into his pizza shape form, and Sonic turning into his ball form, there are a load of examples of this. His non-special move attacks would likely remain the same, but with new moves to give him a new flavor that doesn't feel exactly like Toon Link's play style.

From, my moveset (which you can find below), The Side-B is basically the boomerang, only two small versions of them are thrown in the air. The Neutral-B remains the same. The only two moves that need adjusting would be his Down-B and Recovery. He's still the light-weighted somewhat powerful Young Link he's always been, only with a few new tools. It's not a drastic change to his playstyle really.

Neutral-B: Fire Arrow: The same as in Melee, with the same hitstun and able to inflict damage even after rhe arrow is show.

Side-B: Zora Boomerang: Link turns into Zora Link to throw two multi-hitting small fin boomerangs at the opponent, great for keeping out of range of the opponent, however he's unable to move and he has to wait for the boomerangs to come back in order to move again.

Down-B: Goron Roll: Similar to Sonic's Down-B, only much stronger and slower. It must be at full charge in order to Goron Link to damage opponents. If uncharged, Goron Link will just pass by the opponent where he's open to attack.
(Altenatively, he can just use the bombchus if Sakurai wishes to keep the special moves similar)

Up-B: Deku Flower Flight: Link turns into Deku Link to fly with his swirling flowers, has a glide effect and is able to shoot Deku Nuts straightforward in the air. The flowers also do multi-hitting damage too if an opponent tries to hit from above. If an opponent manages to hit him, he'll fall helplessly making him really open to attacks.
(Alternatively, he can just keep the same special move too)
___

Really that's the main points helping his inclusion really, the other benefits such as importance to the Zelda series and coming from two very critically acclaimed games is kinda unimportant really given that he is already an established character in Smash Bros. One of the slightly likelier candidates for DLC, I think people are severally undererestimating his chances here.

Common Arguments Against Young Link:

Young Link is redundant! We don't need a third link! Toon Link Takes His Playstyle!

This doesn't matter at all. People mention Paper Mario as a plausible candidate and don't mention that he's a third Mario, yet it matters for Young Link. There is some inconsistency within this. Really with Sakurai it doesn't matter if he's Link, the fact that Sakurai has aloud multiple versions of a character in a roster and the fact that he is a veteran that people miss dearly should show that being a third link is irrelevant to his chances.
____

He's a clone! The fanbases HATE clones they will react badly and salt will be poured!
Really? This is a franchise that Sakurai has added similar characters on for each installment he made that he made on his spare time so he can increase play-time for many players. Sure, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario had gotten negative reception at first, but people got over it in days once the streams of Smash 3DS started rolling when all the characters got unlocked. The same will go for Young Link, people will hate it, but get over it eventually and buy him anyway to complete their rosters or not buy him at all if they don't like his inclusion.
____

He's not popular at the ballot! Not qualifiable for DLC!
I'm sure you all heard this before, just because a certain character is unpopular doesn't make them impossible. There are likely characters who have been planned way before the ballot was considered, just to name a few, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and Mewtwo are among some of these. Not ALL will solely be based on the ballot. Even then, the ballot is nothing more than a suggestion box in reality, there's a large misunderstanding when it comes to how the ballot works, it isn't a popularity contest guys.
____

Zelda has enough characters, too many reps!
And why would this matter? Let me give you one single character who is also a veteran who is getting in despite fact the series has already gotten 4 characters, and that character is Roy, giving Fire Emblem five characters total despite being a niche franchise. Really this is more of an opinion than anything, which likely doesn't share with Sakurai given how open he
is with choices.
____

He has to go through Impa and Ganon first, too much Zelda competition!
Is it really that much competition though?

The only Zelda characters that come to mind are Impa, Ganon, Tetra, and Toon Zelda. That's not fierce competition at all.
Even then, the former two have bigger problems in mind, notably Impa having consistent minor roles with most Zelda games and the fact Ganon likely won't be considered given with Sakurai already having Ganondorf and his lack of popularity in the ballot. It really dumbs down to just Tetra and Toon Zelda, which I don't find much flaws to their inclusion at all, but Young Link has the slight upper edge with him being a veteran and having a highly anticipated 3DS title that's still being advertised in commercials today. (that game was far more anticipated that WWHD)
____

He was not planned for Brawl, that means he's never going to be considered again!
Honestly, this is a pretty bad argument. Given how Sakurai starts considering his choices on many polls and upcoming games now, like I said before, even if Sakurai doesn't want to plan all the veterans for DLC pre-ballot, he likely has considered Young Link again with the highly anticipated remake. Also, the fact that he hates cutting veterans also means he would've likely picked up the idea of Young Link again even if he somehow magically ignores that MM3D just got released. Either way, he likely has been considered even if one cancelled the other, he's still in favor. Just because he hasn't been considered in Brawl doesn't mean can't be considered in other ways.
____

We already have Majora's Mask costume and a Link costume! He's impossible now!
Sheik already represents OoT, we don't need Young Link!

This is almost irrelevant to his chances, given how there are a load of costumes based on existing characters on the roster and the fact Sakurai has let Young Link, Sheik, Zelda, Ganondorf and Link in the same roster in Melee. Even then, this doesn't really outweigh the positives Young Link has of being a veteran Sakurai can bring back.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
I've never actually understood how anyone could think a Star Wolf character (other than Wolf) could get in before Krystal, Peppy, or Slippy, or possibly even ROB 64 or Andross.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No logic provided?
The thing is, Blue, that a lot of us have provided counter-arguments to that logic. And when that happens, your response is usually just ending the debate. If you don't provide a legitimate rebuttal for those counter-arguments, then it appears that your logic has some holes in it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When Blue has no rebuttal left he defaults to "yeah yeah yeah I know he's unlikely", but seemingly forgets he's come to that conclusion whenever a new conversation starts up again.

No logic provided?
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...-and-discuss-e3.398604/page-130#post-19324695
I'll quote it too just in case.

Read it when you have the time, for now, just enjoy the Digital Event that's coming. I'm already on the hype train right now.
This is like "people should know I think they're unlikely without me saying it all over again". You expect people to have read your (apparently) only post actually explaining why you think YL is likely even though you've made dozens upon dozens of other posts simply saying stuff like "he's actually got a good shot, I know what I'm talking about" with little to no further rationale behind your claims.

C'mon Blue... if you want people to get informed, inform them, don't just say "you should know because I said it once" almost every time. Not everyone combs over this site as thoroughly as you.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The thing is, Blue, that a lot of us have provided counter-arguments to that logic. And when that happens, your response is usually just ending the debate. If you don't provide a legitimate rebuttal for those counter-arguments, then it appears that your logic has some holes in it.
Exactly this. As soon as I started reading it, things started coming to mind.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 for example, you say Sakurai tries to bring all vets back, but we can also use a separate quote from Sakurai about character selection. Something along the lines of, "If a character does the same thing as another, or there's nothing that makes them unique, we probably won't add them".

As @GoldenYuiitusin mentioned, no other character that was previously a clone has had a monumental change. As another point, was Young Link even planned for Brawl? That in itself could insinuate that Toon Link was meant to replace him. If someone could verify this, it would be much appreciated!

You also mentioned Paper Mario. While I am a fan of the idea of Paper Mario, Paper Mario isn't in Smash yet. Saying, "Add Young Link because Paper Mario is a 3rd Mario" isn't exactly a strong point. Paper Mario isn't yet in Smash Bros. (and I don't know that he ever will be).

Furthermore, I believe Sakurai has mentioned at some point or another that Adult Link represents the games in which Adult Link is present, whereas the younger Toon Link represents the younger Links in the series. Why should Majora's Mask suddenly get it's own character?

Additionally, Sakurai has also mentioned that he wants both Links to have the same moveset. Again, why should Young Link differ from this?

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones
From the data observed Young Link and Pichu were the only vets not attempted to be brought back.
Thanks N3ON. That to me puts Pichu and Young Link into a separate category from Snake, Ice Climbers and the two Pokemon characters.

Actually, I would say the veterans past Wolf are all in different categories.

1) Cut vets with no other actual stipulations against them: Squirtle and Ivysaur
2) Cut vets because of tech issues: Ice Climbers
3) Cut 3rd Party vet: Snake
4) Cut vets with no intent to return: Young Link and Pichu

Interesting...

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I don't agree with the sales logic (the main counterargument right now) period, so as long as Sakurai (the man who gave us a variety of choices and not just highly requested characters) is in charge of DLC. I don't want to keep debating about it though, I had a whole day of sales arguments when his day came. If he's going to add popular characters only, then I will just conform to that mindset and speculate from there.

When Blue has no rebuttal left he defaults to "yeah yeah yeah I know he's unlikely", but seemingly forgets he's come to that conclusion whenever a new conversation starts up again.

This is like "people should know I think they're unlikely without me saying it all over again". You expect people to have read your (apparently) only post actually explaining why you think YL is likely even though you've made dozens upon dozens of other posts simply saying stuff like "he's actually got a good shot, I know what I'm talking about" with little to no further rationale behind your claims.

C'mon Blue... if you want people to get informed, inform them, don't just say "you should know because I said it once" almost every time. Not everyone combs over this site as thoroughly as you.
Alright then.
:(

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 for example, you say Sakurai tries to bring all vets back, but we can also use a separate quote from Sakurai about character selection. Something along the lines of, "If a character does the same thing as another, or there's nothing that makes them unique, we probably won't add them".
Yeah, but Young Link is an already established character in Smash, he doesn't have to go through the same thing newcomers go through. He's not part of the newcomer criteria.

As @GoldenYuiitusin mentioned, no other character that was previously a clone has had a monumental change. As another point, was Young Link even planned for Brawl? That in itself could insinuate that Toon Link was meant to replace him.
Additionally, Sakurai has also mentioned that he wants both Links to have the same moveset. Again, why should Young Link differ from this?
Yeah, I don't expect a large change, but there's probably going to be be some new moves (It can some of his normals, like Roy) to differentiate his playstyle from Toon Link if he's planned.

You also mentioned Paper Mario. While I am a fan of the idea of Paper Mario, Paper Mario isn't in Smash yet. Saying, "Add Young Link because Paper Mario is a 3rd Mario" isn't exactly a strong point. Paper Mario isn't yet in Smash Bros. (and I don't know that he ever will be).
Furthermore, I believe Sakurai has mentioned at some point or another that Adult Link represents the games in which Adult Link is present, whereas the younger Toon Link represents the younger Links in the series. Why should Majora's Mask suddenly get it's own character?
But I didn't say "Add Young Link because Paper Mario is a 3rd Mario", did I?
That's not the main reason why I think Young Link is coming back, this is:
+He's a veteran. Sakurai has reiterated that "if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt." With this in mind, with the time he has for DLC, there's a
good chance he'll bring almost every veteran back (I say "almost" because Ice Climbers and the 3DS limitations), and Young Link is one of those. This gives him a better chance than most characters for DLC.
As long as he has existing fans wanting him to come back to main him again in Smash 4, it wouldn't matter if he wasn't planned in Brawl, or fills a niche, or is the least requested veteran.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/44...director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection
"Whether it's a minor character or a character that is one of the most highly skilled and most played," Sakurai said, "if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt.

"I think we have to really consider that, so I take a very serious, hard look
at that and have empathy for the players who look for these type of characters when we're making these decisions."
He takes serious consideration when it comes to veterans, even if it's a minor character.
With the time constraints of developing two games already past, he no longer has to stress about this and he is given the time to potentially bring back everyone so their mains can be happy, even if the fanbase of it is minor.

@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones
From the data observed Young Link and Pichu were the only vets not attempted to be brought back.
Given with the time constraints Brawl had, Young Link and Pichu not being planned is understandable, but priorities can certainly change. (they change all the time with every Smash game, and it can especially change in the case of DLC.)

Let's continue arguing when the Digital Event and Square event is over though.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't agree with the sales logic (the main counterargument right now) period, so as long as Sakurai (the man who gave us a variety of choices and not just highly requested characters) is in charge of DLC. I don't want to keep debating about it though, I had a whole day of sales arguments when his day came. If he's going to add popular characters only, then I will just conform to that mindset and speculate from there.

Alright then.
:(

Yeah, but Young Link is an already established character in Smash, he doesn't have to go through the same thing newcomers go through. He's not part of the newcomer criteria.

Yeah, I don't expect a large change, but there's probably going to be be some new moves (It can some of his normals, like Roy) to differentiate his playstyle from Toon Link if he's planned.

But I didn't say "Add Young Link because Paper Mario is a 3rd Mario", did I?
That's not the main reason why I think Young Link is coming back, this is:

As long as he has existing fans wanting him to come back to main him again in Smash 4, it wouldn't matter if he wasn't planned in Brawl, or fills a niche, or is the least requested veteran.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/44...director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection

He takes serious consideration when it comes to veterans, even if it's a minor character.
With the time constraints of developing two games already past, he no longer has to stress about this and he is given the time to potentially bring back everyone so their mains can be happy, even if the fanbase of it is minor.

Given with the time constraints Brawl had, Young Link and Pichu not being planned is understandable, but priorities can certainly change. (they change all the time with every Smash game, and it can especially change in the case of DLC.)
All I got from this was, these are valid points but ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!

I understand you want Young Link and think he's not as unlikely as some people say. But most of this, to me, seems like, "I don't have a good counterargument for any of this, besides saying 'things could change'". I've said it before and I'll say it again...That's not a valid argument because it literally cannot be disproven in any situation.

It's like going into a murder trial as a defense lawyer and saying, 'The evidence may point to my client being guilty, but it COULD have been somebody else.'

Burruni

Smash Hero

I understand you want Young Link and think he's not as unlikely as some people say. But most of this, to me, seems like, "I don't have a good counterargument for any of this, besides saying 'things could change'". I've said it before and I'll say it again...That's not a valid argument because it literally cannot be disproven in any situation.

It's like going into a murder trial as a defense lawyer and saying, 'The evidence may point to my client being guilty, but it COULD have been somebody else.'

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, basically the entirety of the Phoenix Wright series? :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

And apparently, neither could Burruni.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

That's not what I said, and I provided evidence (the link I shown) specifically about veterans to show that it's more likely than any possible scenarios said here.

so that wasnt very intereseting. . .
Metroid was a spin off (albeit ive wanted a galactic federation game) star fox and Paper mario X mario and luigi were all I cared for

RIP krystal support

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
My entire typed up live reaction thing.

Nintendo E3, here we go.
Last year, it was Robot Chicken. This year, Muppets.

Star Fox. The furrification is real.

GOOD Star Fox voice and the WiiU game looks glorious. Star Wolf confirmed. Star Fox 2 Walker segments confirmed. Landmaster confirmed. Weird helicopter segments confirmed with W101 styled 1st person segments. All Range Mode confirmed. "Star Fox Zero."

ALL YO YENS, YIP YIP YAP. Backstory to Star Fox. Blame the hermit social link. Good usage of the split screen.

"Gyrowing" is the helicopter name. Replayability in tackling stages with various vehicles.

Transformation is the theme for the direct.

NX conversation on hold til next year.

"We never let them stand still." Arguable but mostly true.
No new Mario.

Amiibo showcase. Kongs and Koopas confirmed for Skylanders.

THE DEEPEST LORE.

ZELDA IN MARIO MAKER?!. NEW ZELDA FOUR SWORDS CONFIRMED. EXCEPT IT'S TRI SWORDS. WHATEVER. COSPLAY LINKS CONFIRMED. IN FALL. HOLY.

CLASSIC GANON IS ON THE STAIRCASE. PLEASE CLASSIC GANON AS FINAL BOSS.

TAKAMARU COSTUME IN TRIFORCE HEROES.

SINGLE PLAYER CONFIRMED BUT DULLER.

FASHION CONFIRMED, NEW KINGDOM. LIKELY NO GANON BOSS.

CROSSDRESSING CONFIRMED. REPLAYABILITY THROUGH THE ABILITIES TIED TO A COSTUME.

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.

HYRULE WARRIORS 3DS... WHICH WE KNEW ABOUT. ALL THE DLC IS INCLUDED. LINKLE'S CROSSBOW IS STILL THERE. ON THE FLY SWITCHING. TETRA AND KING HYRULE... WHICH WE KNEW ABOUT. AND DAT GOLDEN OCARINA. SPRING 2016.

METROID PRIME SPINOFFS CONFIRMED. 3DS 4-PLAYER CO-OP... AND THEN THAT STUPID LOOKING SPORTS GAME, BOTH ON 3DS.

FIRE EMBLEM 14 ENGLISH STUFF, FE "FATES." ENGLISH. THAT FEELS ENDING. FE X SMT, CAEDA/SHIIDA CONFIRMED. ALL THE STUFF WE THEORIZED IS TRUE. CAIN'S THERE

OOOO BANANA.

Xenoblade X english stuff, december release. cool.

ANIMAL CROSSING HAPPY HOME THINGY. ANIMAL CROSSING PARTY. "Amiibo Festival."

Yoshi wooly world stuff. Yoshi's island scoring confirmed, HP is most like Yoshi's Story. Still good.

Yo-kai watch finally getting english release.

OH MY GOD YES, PAPER MARIO & LUIGI RPG. sweet victory.

"Paper Jam."

Mario Tennis WiiU. "Ultra Smash."

More Mario Maker stuff. FULL AMIIBO STUFF. WII FIT TRAINER FOR FUN.

Mario Music from round the world.

...No DKCR3, no GS4, no new Metroid, nothing for F-Zero. Nothing for Kirby or Pokemon. That... okay.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The E3 direct was pretty much a disappointment.

Nothing new to discuss character chances as well.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
"Do we show new blockbuster games or games that haven't had coverage in a long time?"
"Meh, I'll show them Metroid soccer and let Reggie ramble about Mario Maker for the rest of the event."

Pakky

Smash Hero
Not a bad conference, it was about Mario for the most part but that makes sense. That paper jam game looks cool, and it also confirms (well at least for me) that Paper Mario is a totally different entity from Mario. Star Fox is hot, can't wait, though I can say this conference was a bit better than Sony's because there were things coming rather than confirmation of things existing.

Overall, not bad, kind of basic but not bad.

And we did get a Smash event on sunday so...

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
A legit Metroid game and Animal Crossing Wii U would have saved it for me. I hope Mario and Luigi Paper Jam doesn't get plagued with the bull **** that was in Sticker Star.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah no that was a bad conference. Real bad. Not E3 08 bad... but the worst since then for sure.

The Wii U reveals consisted of Tennis and Mario Party: Animal Crossing Edition, and the 3DS reveals were marginally better but that of ones you'd see in any random Direct... three spin-offs... with one coming this year.

I guess this is what happens when Nintendo decides to shift development of their big Wii U games to the next platform which they understandably can't show at this point...

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
A legit Metroid game and Animal Crossing Wii U would have saved it for me. I hope Mario and Luigi Paper Jam doesn't get plagued with the bull **** that was in Sticker Star.
Animal Crossing monopoly made storm out of the room. Sigh, why would they do that? I'm trying to be mature about this but jeez all they had to do was show me Animal Crossing Wii U but no...

Yeah no that was a bad conference. Real bad. Not E3 08 bad... but the worst since then for sure.

The Wii U reveals consisted of Tennis and Mario Party: Animal Crossing Edition, and the 3DS reveals were marginally better but that of ones you'd see in any random Direct... three spin-offs... with one coming this year.

I guess this is what happens when Nintendo decides to shift development of their big Wii U games to the next platform which they understandably can't show at this point...
I hope they aren't jumping ship that quick, this NX thing seems to come across as a mobile thing.

Otherwise, yeah, I did want a little more, not trying to sound entitled because that's the worse but yeah, I wanted just a little bit more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom