• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What if we get Impa, but it is the fat one? Would you still buy her?
Won't happen, ever. Why the hell is Fat Impa even brought up all the time? She was only fat in Oracles, that game hasn't been as much as even acknowlegded in the Zelda series after it's realease. :rolleyes:

I still don't understand why they didn't cut Sheik and give her moveset to Impa. I mean, Sheik as a stand-alone character doesn't really make sense.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What if Impa made it in... As a semi-clone of Dedede? :troll:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man, I wish Sakurai would redo the the CSS so it'll look right, it's gonna look bad when Lucas, Roy and Ryu get in.

:4mario::4drmario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4ganondorf::4samus::4zss::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco:
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4ness::4lucas::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja::4littlemac::4falcon::4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk:
:4pacman::4megaman::4ryu::4sonic::4mii:

Nintendo's hit a nerve of the sjws with WFT promoting fat shaming, so they have to listen to their demands out of fear they get called "u white cis scum" despite being Asian
Nobody ever likes SJWs I mean they mistook Little Mac's trailer for women's violence of all things because he KO punch Samus

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I still don't understand why they didn't cut Sheik and give her moveset to Impa. I mean, Sheik as a stand-alone character doesn't really make sense.
because Impa would not have Impa's moveset and Shiek is a fan favorite.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Potentially, though borrowing heavily from Hyrule Warriors and a little from Skyward sword should fix that.
Yes true she has all the potential to be unique, but this is Sakurai. Hyrule Warriors would be lovely, but I don't really think this will happen, because it's not "officially" Zelda. Impa WAS shown as the only other playable character amongst Link and Zelda however in the 3DS title before they showed new faces. So I do think that her role in that game helps her.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Impa's a strong SSB5 candidate. After Midna and Lana, I'd argue that she's the most popular playable character in Hyrule Warriors but, unlike those two, she actually has history that spans the history of the entire series. The fact that Hyrule Warriors is likely to get sequels makes it even more likely to retain her popularity.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Impa's a strong SSB5 candidate. After Midna and Lana, I'd argue that she's the most popular playable character in Hyrule Warriors but, unlike those two, she actually has history that spans the history of the entire series. The fact that Hyrule Warriors is likely to get sequels makes it even more likely to retain her popularity.
Already got a 3DS title coming lol. Maybe off topic but my fav character is Twili Midna. :p

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My thoughts exactly honestly. I was quite confident that Sheik and Impa would swap places once Zelda showed her Phantom Slash on her profile on Smashbros.com. Everyone and their mother where argueing that the Phantom had to be and Assist Thropy. There was absolutely no other way possible. :rolleyes: Yeah well, turned out I was 100% right about the Phantom Slash and thus meaning no Transform. Then, that Direct happened with the reveal of :4yoshi::4greninja::4charizard::4zss::4sheik: and BOOM - away with Impa's chances. I still don't understand why they'd revamp :4sheik: so much, but leave :4ganondorf: nearly the same as :ganondorf:... *sigh*
I think Impa has a fair chance of arriving. Doesn't seem to be popular in the Smash Ballot though...
She's the most popular Zelda character on the ballot, so that at least helps her.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My thoughts exactly honestly. I was quite confident that Sheik and Impa would swap places once Zelda showed her Phantom Slash on her profile on Smashbros.com. Everyone and their mother where argueing that the Phantom had to be and Assist Thropy. There was absolutely no other way possible. :rolleyes: Yeah well, turned out I was 100% right about the Phantom Slash and thus meaning no Transform. Then, that Direct happened with the reveal of :4yoshi::4greninja::4charizard::4zss::4sheik: and BOOM - away with Impa's chances. I still don't understand why they'd revamp :4sheik: so much, but leave :4ganondorf: nearly the same as :ganondorf:... *sigh*

She's the most popular Zelda character on the ballot, so that at least helps her.
Sheik needed a different Down B, I presme her Side B is to say "Sorry Snake"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... with less than an hour left to the direct, anyone expecting any surprises? :p

Question: What third part characters do you guys want? In reality, Shantae's pretty much the only character I'd like along with Quote
Prof. Layton, Phoenix Wright, and a bit Banjo-Kazooie and Black Mage.

:231:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo's hit a nerve of the sjws with WFT promoting fat shaming, so they have to listen to their demands out of fear they get called "u white cis scum" despite being Asian
Ugh... they need to realize that no one cares about them and no one is out to get them... Wii Fit Trainer does not promote fat shaming... she promotes a healthy lifestyle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ugh... they need to realize that no one cares about them and no one is out to get them... Wii Fit Trainer does not promote fat shaming... she promotes a healthy lifestyle.
That's the joke. And an sjw would always twist words going "u white cis heterosexual male scum" even if none of the criteria fitted the person the're mad about

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So... with less than an hour left to the direct, anyone expecting any surprises? :p
The closest thing I'm expecting to a surprise is that Ryu and Roy will be available to purchase in today's update, as opposed to being spread out over several months. If we're getting any future DLC characters announced, I'm figuring it will be in the E3 Direct (though I'm hoping I'm wrong on that one).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Quick question... where can I watch the Smash Direct on Wii U? I want to watch it on YouTube channel.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik needed a different Down B, I presme her Side B is to say "Sorry Snake"
It should've been a Deku Nut though. Was that really that hard to come up with? Instead, lets give a medival-lore based character a grenade, cause that totally makes sence. I remember the good days in Ocarina of Time where Sheik helped me out in boss battles, throwing grenades and ****. Was totally awesome.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It should've been a Deku Nut though. Was that really that hard to come up with? Instead, lets give a medival-lore based character a grenade, cause that totally makes sence. I remember the good days in Ocarina of Time where Sheik helped me out in boss battles, throwing grenades and ****. Was totally awesome.
And remember the time :4bowser: body slamed someone? or :4falcon:WAS A FRIGGIN KAMEN RIDER WITH PYROKINETIC ABILITIES or :4fox::4falco: SET THEMSELVES ON FIRE or when :4jigglypuff: rest did damage or :4luigi:whenever Luigi became a rocket or :4ness::4lucas: used PK Fire, Flash, Thunder, or Starstorm?

Seriously.

Creative liscence is a part of Smash fighter design.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Urgh I hate using Twitch. Sorry but the vid quality is usually never as good as YT... Maybe they will at YT version closer to stream.

Do you think they will announce Wolf at E3 for a later date like.....September? Seeing as these 3 might come out today or next week.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Urgh I hate using Twitch. Sorry but the vid quality is usually never as good as YT... Maybe they will at YT version closer to stream.

Do you think they will announce Wolf at E3 for a later date like.....September? Seeing as these 3 might come out today or next week.
Either at the tail end of the trailer or later at E3 we could see a teaser or Wolf like either Lucas got in april or Mewtwo at 52 fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom