• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
:4mewtwo: isn't too great either.

Lucikly we know the way of being the absolute Number One! All you have to do is hide your true identity for 7 years, teach people songs, and dissapear whenever questions should be asked. :4sheik: In Sheik's defence, she was trained by the Master that is Impa so yeah...
Now if Impa got into Smash....... :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Question: What third part characters do you guys want? In reality, Shantae's pretty much the only character I'd like along with Quote
Something from SEGA/Atlus (Jack Frost I guess), Nightmare, Layton, Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Tails has always been my most wanted third party character. He was one of my favorite video game characters growing up. I feel as if he's the next most likely SEGA character, but unfortunately that's most certainly not saying very much...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Question: What third part characters do you guys want? In reality, Shantae's pretty much the only character I'd like along with Quote
I'd like to see Snake, Bayonetta, and Rayman. While there are more third party characters that I'd be fine with, none of them (with the possible exceptions of Tails, Knuckles, or Eggman) would get me anywhere near as excited as those three.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Oh yeah. I would like Snake back. Never played him and he is a unique veteran.
Though I doubt it since main MGS games aren't coming to Ninty home consoles anymore, which is why I think he got cut.

He fit surprisingly well in Brawl too! :(

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Of course Snake returning is something I really want. Old Snake skins and REX for the Final Smash would be the cherry on top.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Oh yeah. I would like Snake back. Never played him and he is a unique veteran.
Though I doubt it since main MGS games aren't coming to Ninty home consoles anymore, which is why I think he got cut.

He fit surprisingly well in Brawl too! :(
That's because Brawl had a more realistic and mature feel to it than Sm4sh which has a more colorful and cartoony feel to it.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
That's because Brawl had a more realistic and mature feel to it than Sm4sh which has a more colorful and cartoony feel to it.
well Snake would look slightly more cartoony in Smash 4 anyway.
His colourful alts would add the colour other than mainly black/grey.

Captain Bonzfip

Smash Rookie
FORUM NOOB ALERT

Anyways, since people are talking about who they want to see in the game.

I was talking to my non video-gamey friends about the leaks and they were like "Who the heck is Ryu? Does this mean that Scorpion can get in?" and this gave me an epiphany - Nintendo does not care about a character's violence representation. They had Snake playable in Brawl for crying out loud, the guy that snaps necks and shoots people? He was even complete with military weapons. And with Scorpion being a very iconic fighting game character as well as video game character, I daresay on par with Ryu from Street Fighter, I think he'd be a really cool inclusion to the game, his moves practically write themselves.

- Standard B: Hellfire
- Forward B: Fireball
- Up B: Diagonal upwards dive with Scorpion engulfed in flames
- Down B: Takedown
- Air B: Short spin with his katanas
- Down Air B: Burning diagonal dive-kick

Final Smash - FINISH HIM
Scorpion throws his harpoon, whoever is caught is then dragged to Scorpion, who follows it up with a sharp upper cut and a large fireball in the victim's direction.

Color variations are obvious (Ermac, Rain, Reptile, Smoke, Noob, and of course Sub Zero colors), he's basically the premier character from Warner Brother's games, and can even be seen as a rival of sorts to Ryu due to both of them being the stars of fighting games from the same era that were constantly trying to devour people's quarters faster than one another. Not to mention, Ed Boon loves himself a good crossover.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was talking to my non video-gamey friends about the leaks and they were like "Who the heck is Ryu? Does this mean that Scorpion can get in?" and this gave me an epiphany - Nintendo does not care about a character's violence representation. They had Snake playable in Brawl for crying out loud, the guy that snaps necks and shoots people?
You mean something they didn't put in his moveset?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
FORUM NOOB ALERT

Anyways, since people are talking about who they want to see in the game.

I was talking to my non video-gamey friends about the leaks and they were like "Who the heck is Ryu? Does this mean that Scorpion can get in?" and this gave me an epiphany - Nintendo does not care about a character's violence representation. They had Snake playable in Brawl for crying out loud, the guy that snaps necks and shoots people? He was even complete with military weapons. And with Scorpion being a very iconic fighting game character as well as video game character, I daresay on par with Ryu from Street Fighter, I think he'd be a really cool inclusion to the game, his moves practically write themselves.

- Standard B: Hellfire
- Forward B: Fireball
- Up B: Diagonal upwards dive with Scorpion engulfed in flames
- Down B: Takedown
- Air B: Short spin with his katanas
- Down Air B: Burning diagonal dive-kick

Final Smash - FINISH HIM
Scorpion throws his harpoon, whoever is caught is then dragged to Scorpion, who follows it up with a sharp upper cut and a large fireball in the victim's direction.

Color variations are obvious (Ermac, Rain, Reptile, Smoke, Noob, and of course Sub Zero colors), he's basically the premier character from Warner Brother's games, and can even be seen as a rival of sorts to Ryu due to both of them being the stars of fighting games from the same era that were constantly trying to devour people's quarters faster than one another. Not to mention, Ed Boon loves himself a good crossover.
Up B should be his teleport.
But then the noobs would just spam it like they do in MK X.
There's a distinct lack of "GET OVER HERE!" too.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So. Even with more than double votes by now than the last time I posted the results, my girl is still leading at vgchartz. :bee:
fghj.jpg

~Conquered Since April 3rd, 2015.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm being serious when I ask this, but since Ryu's next game isn't on a Nintendo console, and he looks like his SNES version, could we not have Banjo and Kazooie in their N64 versions?
The difference with Banjo really is that he's now owned by Nintendo's direct competition, Microsoft whereas Ryu is a third party and will be in Project X Zone 2 on the 3ds.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm being serious when I ask this, but since Ryu's next game isn't on a Nintendo console, and he looks like his SNES version, could we not have Banjo and Kazooie in their N64 versions?
I remember something. Banjo has 1 Nintendo exclusive game iirc, Banjo Pilot, a game no one remembers that came out AFTER Nuts and Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom