• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
It's nice to see they put some more work into Roy, granted since they had more time to work on him, I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't. This should bode well for certain other characters that got a similar arguments as Roy did...
Like Wolf can't wait for Wolf.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So you've adopted the plug your ears against conflicting evidence strategy, huh? What credibility you inspire. :rolleyes:

I suggest we all move on to a new topic, we're not going to get any further with this one when the earplugs come out.
There's really no point of this topic other than trolling

For some reason, I'm a little surprised with Ryu being shorter than Rosalina

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's nice to see they put some more work into Roy, granted since they had more time to work on him, I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't. This should bode well for certain other characters that got a similar arguments as Roy did...
Honestly it's probably largely leftovers of how he was intended to work in Brawl when pretty much all the returning clones got more diversified.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly it's probably largely leftovers of how he was intended to work in Brawl when pretty much all the returning clones got more diversified.
That's still good and your most likely right on this being probably the way he was intended to work in Brawl.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
People.............anything can happen in Smash!
Nope it can't because the same people who said its ludicrous to have six pokemon limit are the same people who will turn around and say X character can't be in smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Nope it can't because the same people who said its ludicrous to have six pokemon limit are the same people who will turn around and say X character can't be in smash.
Depends on the character and reasoning given.
If it's Nathan Drake then no **** he won't be in.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
That's their problem for being wrong not mine.
(unless of course it's stuff that WILL not happen. e.g non-game characters or MS/Sony 1st party.)

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
The joke is that I'm not a man, and I'm criticizing how 99% of the people who say 'clone' literally don't have imagination

I was just curious as Shantae's your only refusal, especially how Nintendo she is compared to other third parties
I respect that.
If you could get Ryu's stage but not Ryu as a character I'd probably have done that. He still does nothing for me. Though b/c my bf is big SF fan I'm not only going to be picking up the character, but I imagine I'll be sparring against him quite a bit too. ^_^;

No worse than Shovel Knight. Better in fact.
I believe I'm entitled to think Shantae is a horrible addition. That's your opinion on her being a better choice than Shovel Knight. I'm pretty sure Shovel Knight won't be in anyway. But again, it's my opinion and I can keep it if I want to.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I respect that.

I believe I'm entitled to think Shantae is a horrible addition. That's your opinion on her being a better choice than Shovel Knight. I'm pretty sure Shovel Knight won't be in anyway. But again, it's my opinion and I can keep it if I want to.
According to the mob that just went after me, you can't have opinions here.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Welp... Twitch just decided I needed Adobe Flash Player after I have been viewing this for a while now...
Anyways, it looks like Roy is now a semi-clone.
I refuse to see footage of Roy till tomorrow.

So for now I'm still calling him the second Marth clone of Smash 4.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Goddamn...I'm considering dropping Marth for Roy...Yet I still think he's worthless in FE
Yes.

Because bad characters in their own games....

:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard:

Clearly mean they'll be bad for smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Looking at Ryu's input commands, it's clear they're focusing on SF fans. Looks life SF pros might join Smash

To be fair, Charizard has 2 great megas. Other two are garbage though
I know it's niche, but Light Ball Pikachu can do some things in the lower tiers.

Jigglypuff can't even use the Eviolite though...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
or that strong characters will be good
:4samus::4palutena: (without customs)

also burruni will wreck you for calling jiggly bad :troll: its why I didnt put ganondorf up there
:4mewtwo: isn't too great either.

Lucikly we know the way of being the absolute Number One! All you have to do is hide your true identity for 7 years, teach people songs, and dissapear whenever questions should be asked. :4sheik: In Sheik's defence, she was trained by the Master that is Impa so yeah...

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4littlemac::4link::4zelda:
:4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4duckhunt::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4rob::4ness::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4mii::substitute:

My take on the selection screen post Lucas, Roy, Ryu DLC Patch

Edit: Damn, looks likes the empty space under Fox won't stay. Dr. Mario should not be under Fox

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Yes.

Because bad characters in their own games....

:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard:

Clearly mean they'll be bad for smash.
I wreck using Charizard, so I don't know what you're talking about
:4mewtwo: isn't too great either.

Lucikly we know the way of being the absolute Number One! All you have to do is hide your true identity for 7 years, teach people songs, and dissapear whenever questions should be asked. :4sheik: In Sheik's defence, she was trained by the Master that is Impa so yeah...
Say that again to my level 100 Psytrike Mewtwo. I was able to complete the Black City Battle Tower only using Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom