• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Wolf are the only vets we're going to get.

I very well could be wrong, but I don't think it's in the cards for ICs or Snake. Or Squirtle or Ivysaur. Or especially Pichu and Young Link.

On the other hand I do think we'll get more than two newcomers.
I agree.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Do you honestly think that Sakuri, or any other respectable business man would just say "oh well." after six months of development time with a character?
He said ICs don't work on the 3Ds so they're not coming.

. I'd say it's more like, infinite jumps.
fair enough

much you wanna bet that if Charizard was replaced by a unique Pokémon newcomer in this game because of lack of Pokémon Trainer this "reps" thing would not exist.
To bad X/Y happened.

you're saying Pokémon is the only series that should have a limited number of "reps"?!? Also, just because I want three Pokémon characters to rejoin the game does not mean that I want a Pokémon only fighting game!
I'm saying seeing as how Pokemon has an important number that is so high in the first place what's the matter with having just six of them?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm saying seeing as how Pokemon has an important number that is so high in the first place what's the matter with having just six of them?
Pokemon is Nintendo's second best selling franchise. It's stupidly popular. It's always gotten more characters in every new Smash game. By no longer doing that because we've got 6 isn't that appealing to the millions of fans

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He said ICs don't work on the 3Ds so they're not coming.
Sakuri is all about pleasing fans. With how popular the Ice Climbers are, I don't think he wouldn't at least try to get them working. Now that he has all the time in the world, he can do it. I believe it's not a matter of if he fixes them, it's a matter of when he does.
To bad X/Y happened.
What does that have to do with anything?
Nothing. It's the fact that you are using it as an argument against other characters. You don't care who it is, you wouldn't care if it was your be-all end-all favorite Pokémon. You just don't want another Pokémon "rep". It's not a good argument. The series of a character shouldn't stop him from getting in.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
t is kind of ludicrous to limit the number of characters a franchise can get from a special number. It would be like only having 3 LoZ charters because of the TRIforce or something ridiculous.
"But we onli haf Lonk Zilda en Piggydorf"

We had 2 cuts from Brawl and Mewtwo was planned in Brawl. Brawl would have had 7. Stop making up rules
Goddamn it, oni and Ryuga!

I re-read the page after I posted only to realize you guys :4greninja: me on everything I said. >w<;;

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pokemon is Nintendo's second best selling franchise. It's stupidly popular. It's always gotten more characters in every new Smash game. By no longer doing that because we've got 6 isn't that appealing to the millions of fans
However its still 6

Pakky

Smash Hero
What does that have to do with anything?
Charizard was made out to be more important than the others seeing as how now historically he is the first and right now the only non-legendary with two mega evolutions

. It's the fact that you are using it as an argument against other characters. You don't care who it is, you wouldn't care if it was your be-all end-all favorite Pokémon. You just don't want another Pokémon "rep". It's not a good argument. The series of a character shouldn't stop him from getting in.
Okay well when there are seven pokemon in the roster I'll agree.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
It WAS going to be 7 in a previous installment. By this logic I can say Star Fox can only have 3 characters, or F-Zero can't get another character. Or we'll always get 1 third party company. OH WAIT
Key word. There were six in the final roster of Brawl. So far in this roster,it's still 6. That should tell you something.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
What if Squirtle or Ivysaur are made DLC because A: Preballot or B: Popularity in the ballot? If Sonic didn't delay Brawl I'm certain we'd have had Mewtwo. Your argument here is rubbish as 7 were planned
Keyword "planned" but not included. There were six then and six now. I become incorrect when and if DLC occurs if not well...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Keyword "planned" but not included. There were six then and six now. I become incorrect when and if DLC occurs if not well...
I remember Sakurai saying he'd do DLC back in the Brawl days if it were possible. You're the most ignorant little **** I've seen so far on this thread. Mewtwo was almost finished, only cut because of time constraints. Not because Sakurai went "Oh ****, we have 6 already" Stop being a lunatic and clinging on your fanmade rule

Pakky

Smash Hero
I remember Sakurai saying he'd do DLC back in the Brawl days if it were possible. You're the most ignorant little **** I've seen so far on this thread. Mewtwo was almost finished, only cut because of time constraints. Not because Sakurai went "Oh ****, we have 6 already" Stop being a lunatic and clinging on your fanmade rule
There were still six included though in this game. Just like back then. I'm not clinging to anything I'm looking at what we have right now. Which happens to be six pokemon.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Which means absolutely nothing. Here's a fun fact: Have we had more than 4 playable characters in a mainseries Mario game? No? Better cut 3 characters in a patch then. You are ignoring the fact that time constraints can and will cut content from a game
How many pokemon can one have on them at one time?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pakky you're wrong.

Sakurai wouldn't have intended to go above six in the first place if the limit was six.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pakky you're wrong.

Sakurai wouldn't have intended to go above six in the first place if the limit was six.
No, I'm wrong when there's a seventh pokemon in Smash4 . Until then everyone is filled with hot air.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How many characters can you have on the mainseries Mario games? 4. We have 7 Mario characters. Do you seriously think that we wouldn't get more pokemon in future installments making it above 6? Point is, there has never been a limit mentioned in any interview whatsoever. Whereas things like "video game characters only" have. Do you legitimately think that by Smash 5, We'll only get new pokemon if old ones get replaced? That's ****ing dumb

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Look's like Roy was kind of Luigified. Good stuff. Just as several of us predicted :troll:. I feel even better about him now.

Super pumped for tomorrow!

EDIT: On the topic of Pokemon, I personally don't think we'll get another DLC character from Pokemon, but it's not because of the 6 Pokemon in your party rule. I think it's just over saturation of the DLC roster. As in, not too many of the same series.

For all we know, it could end up being Wolf and a ballot character. All ogre until Smash 5. Who knows?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
How many characters can you have on the mainseries Mario games? 4. We have 7 Mario characters. Do you seriously think that we wouldn't get more pokemon in future installments making it above 6? Point is, there has never been a limit mentioned in any interview whatsoever. Whereas things like "video game characters only" have. Do you legitimately think that by Smash 5, We'll only get new pokemon if old ones get replaced? That's ****ing dumb
I'll ask you again

PS. that happened. Do you see Squirtle or Ivysaur? No because they indeed were replaced by Mewtwo and Greninja.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
HOW MANY MARIO CHARACTERS PAKKY? HOW MANY MARIO CHARACTERS CAN WE HAVE MAX IN A MAINSERIES MARIO GAME? HOW MANY MARIO CHARACTERS DO WE HAVE IN SMASH! Back on the block list you go before I pop a vein
You say that as if I care. there are six pokemon to a party by the way. Its also amusing that you can't have civil conversation without getting angry.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think everyone should put Pakky on ignore as his only argument is "It hasn't happened in the past therefore it'll never happen". Not to mention you can only have 4 moves in Pokemon yet in Smash that's clearly not a limitation, something RSE planned on changing alongside the amount of pokemon you can carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom