• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I think everyone should put Pakky on ignore as his only argument is "It hasn't happened in the past therefore it'll never happen". Not to mention you can only have 4 moves in Pokemon yet in Smash that's clearly not a limitation, something RSE planned on changing alongside the amount of pokemon you can carry
Never said that, I said if it happens I'll admit to being wrong. Until then, whatever. You should keep your emotions to yourself and not cry over the simplest of things, it's unbecoming.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you're not laughing at Pakky you're taking this conversation too seriously.

Now that Roy has been decloned, can we stop saying Young Link needs to be a Link clone in order to come back?
Thanks.
Doesn't look decloned to me.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Before blocking you I noticed this. This means you think Pikmin can have 7 characters max. Pokemon has 18 types. Therefore, Pokemon can have 18 reps as a limit in your eyes.
lol This is hilarious you should clam down before you type silly things.

Pokemon has 18 types but each member of those types is an unique character.

Pikmin have no unique beyond the 7 classes they belong to.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is the absolute next character who is going to be DLC. Don't correct me, it's only wrong untill proven so!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
If you're not laughing at Pakky you're taking this conversation too seriously.

Doesn't look decloned to me.
There's more to characters than their Special Moveset.
He's a mix of Marth and Ike from the looks of it.

apparently Roy has differnt A-moves so he has been lucas'd. not watching stream so i dont know.

Also ryu has actual street fighter inputs for hadouken. quarter circle forward and stuff.

If being planned doesnt matter then I guess we only had 5 reps for this game because mewtwo was only planned before he was added. meaning we dont have 6 pokemon in this game. because mewtwo was only planned. :smirk:

also new main icons over there
<-------- :4feroy::4ryu:

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
apparently Roy has differnt A-moves so he has been lucas'd. not watching stream so i dont know.

Also ryu has actual street fighter inputs for hadouken. quarter circle forward and stuff.

If being planned doesnt matter then I guess we only had 5 reps for this game because mewtwo was only planned before he was added. meaning we dont have 6 pokemon in this game. because mewtwo was only planned. :smirk:

<--------
We could have a seventh pokemon but as of now we don't so...

And like I said when and if that happens I'll admit to being wrong but until then...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
lol This is hilarious you should clam down before you type silly things.

Pokemon has 18 types but each member of those types is an unique character.

Pikmin have no unique beyond the 7 classes they belong to.
So far we have:

:4pikachu: Electric
:4charizard: Fire / Flying
:4jigglypuff: Normal
:4mewtwo:Psychic
:4lucario: Aura Steel / Fighting
:4greninja: Water / Dark

So we still need at least 9 more typings!

:ivysaur: is Grass / Poison ... Hmmm.. HMMM.... Could that mean...!?

IVYSAUR ****ING CONFIRMED!

Now we just need 7 more typings! Yay what fun!

Pakky

Smash Hero
So far we have:

:4pikachu: Electric
:4charizard: Fire / Flying
:4jigglypuff: Normal/fairy
:4mewtwo:Psychic
:4lucario: Aura Steel / Fighting
:4greninja: Water / Dark

So we still need at least 9 more typings!

:ivysaur: is Grass / Poison ... Hmmm.. HMMM.... Could that mean...!?

IVYSAUR ****ING CONFIRMED!

Now we just need 7 more typings! Yay what fun!
We could have 7 more reps. actually its 6 Jiggs is a fairy

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Seriously? Damn, should have known by how quick Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku was performed in the clear movie. Also explains why he has Shinku Hadouken and Shin Shoryuken. Hopefully the combo inputs are quicker but weaker than just hitting B, is it the same for Kirby?

We could have a seventh pokemon but as of now we don't so...
your argument is mewtwo doent matter because he was only planned.

mewtwo wasnt in the inital roster either so we only had 5.

Sakurai dtraight up does not care for only 6 pokemon. we know that because of mewtwo whether in brawl or smash 4.

Pakky

Smash Hero
your argument is mewtwo doent matter because he was only planned.

mewtwo wasnt in the inital roster either so we only had 5.

Sakurai dtraight up does not care for only 6 pokemon. we know that because of mewtwo whether in brawl or smash 4.
But there were 6 in Brawl and it turned out to be six in Smash 4 so...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We could have 7 more reps. actually its 6
So Ivysaur not fully confirmed? So you mean we CUT Ivysaur, #HM01Style - and have both a Grass AND a Posion type as separate characters?

Hold on, I don't think my mind is ready for such revelations yet!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
But there were 6 in Brawl and it turned out to be six in Smash 4 so...
COINCIDENCE! It's a word for a reason.

<-------- :4feroy::4ryu:
Welp... looks like I'll have trouble using Ryu... again.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So Ivysaur not fully confirmed? So you mean we CUT Ivysaur, #HM01Style - and have both a Grass AND a Posion type as separate characters?

Hold on, I don't think my mind is ready for such revelations yet!
Hey Ivysaur and Squirts were cut for Mewtwo and Greninja. But they could be back in, however until then the answer is no.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pakky, post one link where Sakurai corroborates your theory and this will all stop. Until then the proof points away from your theory because there were *gasp* seven planned Pokemon for Brawl. If Sakurai had a problem with going over six... he wouldn't have even attempted to go over six.

There's more to characters than their Special Moveset.
He's a mix of Marth and Ike from the looks of it.
I mean that's not really decloning... if he's still like 75% Marth-ish that's semi-clone territory.

Decloning is what happened to Luigi.

I'm not into that.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd say Roy's more Ganondorf, maybe even between him and Tink. He has the same or similar B moves aside from B-neutral, aerials aside from Down (which is more akin to Ike's), D-tilt, the throws and pummel, and there are a couple animation similarities here and there such as with Up-Smash. However, there are also a number of differences like Side Smash (doesn't reach the ground, though it may not matter in practice), B-Neutral, F-tilt, jabs, and FS (though it's similar, it lacks the dash). I missed a couple moves, so there may be more or less depending, but he's definitely not as much of a clone as he was in Melee.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pakky, post one link where Sakurai corroborates your theory and this will all stop. Until then the proof points away from your theory because there were *gasp* seven planned Pokemon for Brawl. If Sakurai had a problem with going over six... he wouldn't have even attempted to go over six.
Hey when there are seven i'll admit i'm wrong, until till then we'll just have to wait.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Welps, time to add a new person to my ignore list

Seeing Roy decloned of some sort will help him avoid being too similar to Marth and Lucina and should shut people up now

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well "looks at the final roster for both games" that's fine too.
If you're saying Sakurai won't go over six, any time he went over six, final game or not, is valid evidence against your point hun.

Pakky

Smash Hero
If you're saying Sakurai won't go over six, any time he went over six, final game or not, is valid evidence against your point hun.
Hey like I said before When there are seven confirmed guys from Pokemon in the final roster I'll agree. Until I won't.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey like I said before When there are seven confirmed guys from Pokemon in the final roster I'll agree. Until I won't.
So you've adopted the plug your ears against conflicting evidence strategy, huh? What credibility you inspire. :rolleyes:

I suggest we all move on to a new topic, we're not going to get any further with this one when the earplugs come out.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
We have someone streaming gameplay of Ryu, Roy, and Lucas, and we're talking about this stupid instead?
My computer hates Twitch. It messed up the Twitch website and Smashboards when I tried.
So you've adopted the plug your ears against conflicting evidence strategy, huh? What credibility you inspire. :rolleyes:

I suggest we all move on to a new topic, we're not going to get any further with this one when the earplugs come out.
Yeah. I'm done.

Pakky

Smash Hero

The earplugs never went in, because all I hear is "there weres" and "there were going to be's " but none of that matters :rolleyes:

And when I disregard these I get :cry: and :smash:

But yeah we can open this up again when that seven pokemon hits the roster.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's nice to see they put some more work into Roy, granted since they had more time to work on him, I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't. This should bode well for certain other characters that got similar arguments as Roy did...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom