• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to avoid DLC choices altogether, that gets way too controversial if it's not a popular newcomer, though at the minimum, I'm just going to keep every cut veteran.

Meh that was a given. But I still believe that a historical retro will still happen, and Jumpman is the only notable one right now.
I only put Kawashima again only because I think he might relook at the idea again when a new Brain Age game comes out (which is pretty likely to happen given it's massive success) and finds out he's feasible for combat with his addition of hands in the newest game.

I believe there will be some popular and some unpopular requests getting in, a balance between that. Isabelle, Tom Nook, potentially Ganon (given his "villain" appeal), the new FE protagonist and Xenoblade protagonist that people will bandwagon (Like Chrom), Takamaru (Who people will likely support if there's no retro character in sight that has gotten a new successful game), Chorus Kids (If they aren't implemented as Smash DLC, will likely gain a spike in popularity again mainly for being planned and being unique), I'd say there's enough potentially popular candidates in the base roster already, the only few potentially unpopular ones are Jumpman and Dr. Kawashima.

You gotta think hypothetically and not just take Smash 4 ballot popularity into account. :L

Not too sure how likely that Ryu will stay to be honest. :/

Like I said, those are only temporary, I will likely change when the next game is announced in the next few years or so.
Given the giant fanbase Isabelle has gotten, she'd probably be one of the biggest requests by the time SSB5 begins in development. And the popularity Tom Nook has gotten (even when he got deconfirmed) will likely spike again in SSB5. Both have pretty interesting characteristics to make a moveset from to get in the base game too. (Using merchant tools for battle and potentially Raccoon Mario skills, Isabelle having her moveset based on the "mayor factor" of Animal Crossing; Villager's moves are mainly based on the usual AC activities, while her moves could involve public work projects and more.)
((Taken from the deconfirmed group's Isabelle support thread))

If time constraints are on the line, Wolf and Lucas would likely be low priority, especially Lucas since Itoi stated that he would not make a new Mother game, and there are likely newcomers from new games who would receive priority over these guys. If Star Fox consistently gets new games with Wolf appearing, I could see him have a good chance of returning, but I still see him in the middle bottom priority somewhere still.
1. Jumpman is already playable. I see no reason to Kawashima to ever be considered as playble TBH and he is certainly a strange choice
2. Ganon isnt popular. Neither are the animal crossing characters now that we have a rep. Isabelle is really the only one with any notoriety because they are pushing the hell out of her. Chorus kids are currently not popular either. Cross/elma arent popular. FE might be possible but he might not. With The FE hate in full effect I doubt it.

THere is a difference between having some popular characters and essentially putting in no popular characters.

Ill give you inklings, dixie and ill give pity and throw in chorus kids. But no other newcomer there is popular.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
1. Jumpman is already playable. I see no reason to Kawashima to ever be considered as playble TBH and he is certainly a strange choice
2. Ganon isnt popular. Neither are the animal crossing characters now that we have a rep. Isabelle is really the only one with any notoriety because they are pushing the hell out of her. Chorus kids are currently not popular either. Cross/elma arent popular. FE might be possible but he might not. With The FE hate in full effect I doubt it.

THere is a difference between having some popular characters and essentially putting in no popular characters.

Ill give you inklings, dixie and ill give pity and throw in chorus kids. But no other newcomer there is popular.
I know some aren't popular right now, but their fanbases could potentially spike when Smash 5 comes around in development, making them popular choices eventually. Not talking about Smash 4 DLC.
Again this is thinking hypothetically.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know some aren't popular right now, but their fanbases could potentially spike when Smash 5 comes around in development. Not talking about Smash 4 DLC.
Oh for ****s sake.
Sakurai COULD POTENTIALLY make Ridley DLC
Sakurai COULD POTENTIALLY make Goku from DBZ DLC
Sakurai COULD POTENTIALLY make his belly button DLC
See how well your argument works?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Again I'm not talking about Smash 4 DLC, this is Smash 5 were talking, about where fanbases and support grow or decline over the course of years. :U

Just like every Smash Bros.

Last edited:
I know some aren't popular right now, but their fanbases could potentially spike when Smash 5 comes around in development, making them popular choices eventually. Not talking about Smash 4 DLC.
Again this is thinking hypothetically.
except there is very little evidence to support most of those choices. Especally Kamui who will probably be beginnig to fade in popularity if anything.

you're saying it's possible but that is throwing in WAY too many variables of what "could be" instead of basing it on the current situation we have

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
If we are putting out Smash 5 rosters, here is mine.
Smash 5, This U Roster.png

Left side is the roster, right side is honorable mentions, some of which would likely end up as DLC.
Cuts:
Sheik
ZSS
Palutena
Dark Pit (Costume)
Lucina (Costume)
Doc (Costume)
Mii Fighters

Newcomers:
Toad/Captain Toad
K. rool
Zelda icon is either Tingle or ganon.
Ridley
Andy
Starfy
Excitebiker
Inkling
Ray
Chibi-Robo
Mii (Single character that replaces Mii fighters and has a moveset reflecting Mii games.)
Chorus Kids/Karate Joe
Daitoryo
Banjo and Kazooie.

If we are putting out Smash 5 rosters, here is mine.
View attachment 55302
Left side is the roster, right side is honorable mentions, some of which would likely end up as DLC.
Cuts:
Sheik
ZSS
Palutena
Dark Pit (Costume)
Lucina (Costume)
Doc (Costume)
Mii Fighters

Newcomers:
Toad/Captain Toad
K. rool
Zelda icon is either Tingle or ganon.
Ridley
Andy
Starfy
Excitebiker
Inkling
Ray
Chibi-Robo
Mii (Single character that replaces Mii fighters and has a moveset reflecting Mii games.)
Chorus Kids/Karate Joe
Daitoryo
Banjo and Kazooie.
First roster ive seen in a while that has cut Palutena and ZSS.

even if I agree with one if this was a smash 4 roster

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Your argument is "It could potentially happen". That argument works for literally EVERYTHING
I have noticable evidence to support the reason why it's pretty likely that the support for a certain character could climb when Smash 5 is announced., didn't you read it?
I'll give you one example again. Isabelle's striking amount of popularity will likely translate to a very high amount of support when Smash 5 is announced. Given with Splatoon success, it's likely that the Inkling fanbase will grow big by the time Smash 5 is announced.

except there is very little evidence to support most of those choices. Especally Kamui who will probably be beginnig to fade in popularity if anything.

you're saying it's possible but that is throwing in WAY too many variables of what "could be" instead of basing it on the current situation we have
Sakurai probably won't take the Smash 4 ballot in mind IMO, since he's likely to take polls specifically for Smash 5 when it begins the planning roster stage. Again, Kamui is just a temporary spot for the FE newcomer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Cuts:
Sheik
No. Just no
I feel like making rosters for Smash 5 is the dumbest thing we can currently do for one reason: None of us know what will happen in those years. For instance, Starfy could make a stupidly great revival and be the new Mario and Zelda could die out. Obviously these things wouldn't happen anytime soon, but we literally have no idea what'll happen other than 'FE protagonist from newest game'
I have noticable evidence to support the reason why it's pretty likely that the support for a certain character could climb when Smash 5 is announced., didn't you read it?
I'll give you one example again. Isabelle's striking amount of popularity will likely translate to a very high amount of support when Smash 5 is announced. Given with Splatoon success, it's likely that the Inkling fanbase will grow big by the time Smash 5 is announced.

Sakurai probably won't take the Smash 4 ballot in mind IMO, since he's likely to take polls specifically for Smash 5 when it begins the planning roster stage. Again, Kamui is just a temporary spot for the FE newcomer.
Remember how the whole internet went "SHOVEL KNIGHT FOR SMASH!" After he got Smashified? Hype dies out eventually, not to mention your reason doesn't qualify for all characters. It looks like you're just saying "This is what I want and that means everyone wants it"

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Meh that was a given. But I still believe that a historical retro will still happen, and Jumpman is the only notable one right now.
I only put Kawashima again only because I think he might relook at the idea again when a new Brain Age game comes out (which is pretty likely to happen given it's massive success) and finds out he's feasible for combat with his addition of hands in the newest game.
yet.
Sheriff exists.
Also, implying that we need to get a historical retro.

As for Kawashima, couldn't we use that logic for say... Ridley?

I believe there will be some popular and some unpopular requests getting in, a balance between that. Isabelle, Tom Nook, potentially Ganon (given his "villain" appeal), the new FE protagonist and Xenoblade protagonist that people will bandwagon (Like Chrom), Takamaru (Who people will likely support if there's no retro character in sight that has gotten a new successful game), Chorus Kids (If they aren't implemented as Smash DLC, will likely gain a spike in popularity again mainly for being planned and being unique), I'd say there's enough potentially popular candidates in the base roster already, the only few potentially unpopular ones are Jumpman and Dr. Kawashima.

You gotta think hypothetically and not just take Smash 4 ballot popularity into account. :L
Hyoptheticals...

You're bringing up hypotheticals as your main arguement for characters?

Hypothetically, we could never get another Animal Crossing game.

Hypothetically, Ganon may never appear again.

Hypothetically, people may not want a new FE character or the new Xenoblade character. Hypothetically, both games may flop and be seen as offensive for whatever reason.

Hypothetically, people may forget Takamaru exists. What if he stays as an AT?

Hypothetically, Chorus Kids may fall out of favor.

Honestly Blue, why go for hypotheticals? Especially since they aren't based on trends outside of FE?

Moreover, Ballot popularity will influence the next game.

So you're the one who needs to change your mindset.

IIf King K. Rool and Isaac appear in new successful games, then I might add them to my roster, as of now, that hasn't happened yet.
So you go on hypotheticals but not these hypotheticals eh?

Burruni

Smash Hero
No. Just no
I feel like making rosters for Smash 5 is the dumbest thing we can currently do for one reason: None of us know what will happen in those years. For instance, Starfy could make a stupidly great revival and be the new Mario and Zelda could die out. Obviously these things wouldn't happen anytime soon, but we literally have no idea what'll happen other than 'FE protagonist from newest game'
Aaaand this is why my Smash 5 kind of predictory roster goes on a base idea of what DLC would be, and leaves a couple of "filler" spots.

"this poll will affect future titles" it straight up says it on the japanese page that this poll will be used.

I was about to post a counterargument but el presidente beat me. :skull:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
No. Just no

Remember how the whole internet went "SHOVEL KNIGHT FOR SMASH!" After he got Smashified? Hype dies out eventually, not to mention your reason doesn't qualify for all characters. It looks like you're just saying "This is what I want and that means everyone wants it"
So what you are saying is a supporting character from precisely 1 Zelda game, who was formerly a glorified, dev-time intensive gimmick for Zelda but now is treated as a unique character, should remain in the game?

I agree that Smash 5 rosters are dumb, but they are also fun.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So what you are saying is a supporting character from precisely 1 Zelda game, who was formerly a glorified, dev-time intensive gimmick for Zelda but now is treated as a unique character, should remain in the game?

People don't see Sheik as a Zelda character but as a Smash character, the same applies to Ice Climbers really, people love the long lasting character in Smash bros, why remove the fan favourite character that's whole identity is pretty much Smash?

That's what DLC rosters are for

that 1 zelda game is also one of if not THE biggest. And that one-off character just so happens to be an extremely popular 3 time veteran with a fully unique moveset. Plus she managed to wind up in Hyrule Warriors didnt she?

but hey opinions I guess.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Sheriff exists.
Also, implying that we need to get a historical retro.
It'll probably happen again though, Sakurai has done it for a while now even if we don't really request it.

Hypothetically, we could never get another Animal Crossing game.
.__. You know that's not going to happen ever.
I know you're bringing examples, but this is the least likely to happen out of all.

Hypothetically, Ganon may never appear again.
This is a possibility, but people might support him for being an important villain regardless if he becomes an irrelevant character for the Zelda franchise, just like King K. Rool.

Hypothetically, people may not want a new FE character or the new Xenoblade character. Hypothetically, both games may flop and be seen as offensive for whatever reason.
Given the consistent quality Xenoblade and FE has gotten, I doubt they will flop at all. The new direction FE and Xenoblade has gotten certainly gives me a good feeling they will continuously get more popular as more games come by to warrant more characters.

Hypothetically, people may forget Takamaru exists. What if he stays as an AT?
They might not forget if a new game comes out in the next few years. People still have the retro mindset in their heads, they will likely not forget about him.

Hypothetically, Chorus Kids may fall out of favor.
I doubt it, especially when they are likely to work again with new technology that allows them to process them in the game. Unless for some reason RH manages to discontinue (which I highly doubt), I don't see a reason to not expect in Smash 5 if they can't get CK to work in Smash 4.

So you go on hypotheticals but not these hypotheticals eh?
If their games turn out to be very successful and actually happen, then yeah.

"this poll will affect future titles" it straight up says it on the japanese page that this poll will be used.

I was about to post a counterargument but el presidente beat me. :skull:
Moreover, Ballot popularity will influence the next game.
They will likely need another poll though, since ATs and deconfirmed characters will likely get a minimum amount of support due to already having a role (Something lots of people have a mindset of now) even if the have a large fanbase within their franchise, making the poll results pretty inaccurate.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It'll probably happen again though, Sakurai has done it for a while now even if we don't really request it.

.__. You know that's not going to happen ever.
I know you're bringing examples, but this is the least likely to happen out of all.

This is a possibility, but people might support him for being an important villain regardless if he becomes an irrelevant character for the Zelda franchise, just like King K. Rool.

Given the consistent quality Xenoblade and FE has gotten, I doubt they will flop at all. The new direction FE and Xenoblade has gotten certainly gives me a good feeling they will continuously get more popular as more games come by to warrant more characters.

They might not forget if a new game comes out in the next few years. People still have the retro mindset in their heads, they will likely not forget about him.

I doubt it, especially when they are likely to work again with new technology that allows them to process them in the game. Unless for some reason RH manages to discontinue (which I highly doubt), I don't see a reason to not expect in Smash 5 if they can't get CK to work in Smash 4.

They will likely need another poll though, since ATs and deconfirmed characters will likely get a minimum amount of support due to already having a role (Something lots of people have a mindset of now) even if the have a large fanbase within their franchise, making the poll results pretty inaccurate.
All of your arguments aren't valid here as you're going by the "Could happen" logic.
Except this is the company that refuses to release Mother 3 and somehow ****ed up with amiibo even more after saying "We'll try to make more"

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Discussions like these remind me of before the ballot, when consensus was "character popularity doesn't matter to Sakurai" and people thought they were being smart by putting that as their signature, as if begging to be proven crushingly wrong. Maybe "mental contortion" is a good term for the next level up from "mental gymnastics."

Chorus Kids are ALREADY starting to fall though. In fact they fell immediately after the Wii U came out and all the bandwagoners jumped ship.

Their popularity kind of dropped hard. With chorus kids seemingly not having a major role in Best+ Karate Joe is picking up steam.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Blue. This. This statement right here is the one thing that I just can't get through your head, can I?

KING K. ROOL IS NOT IRRELEVANT TO THE DONKEY KONG SERIES.

If he was IRRELEVANT, would we be getting Zinger, Kremling, and King K. Rool trophies IN SMASH 4?!

He's been out of the last two games. THAT'S IT. There are three games in the entirety of the DK series that have had a final boss that WASN'T K. Rool.

Edit: King K. Rool's trophy description: "Whereas Mario often squares off against Bowser, Donkey Kong must fight against King K. Rool. He's a big croc with a big attitude...and a tiny crown. He probably could have been Donkey Kong's most trustworthy animal friend. Think he'll ever have a change of heart? Not likely."

This is not the type of description given to a relic of the past. Agahim has become irrelevant to the Zelda Series, because his last appearance was part of Link's Awakening. King K. Rool isn't because he has raving support or him to be brought back.

Double Edit: I AM MOE RIGHT NOW. NOT ANNIE.

Triple Edit: Meta Knight makes no appearance in Triple Deluxe or Rainbow Curse, does that make him IRRELEVANT to Kirby?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Blue. This. This statement right here is the one thing that I just can't get through your head, can I?

If he was IRRELEVANT, would we be getting Zinger, Kremling, and King K. Rool trophies IN SMASH 4?!

He's been out of the last two games. THAT'S IT. There are three games in the entirety of the DK series that have had a final boss that WASN'T K. Rool.
Goddamn, you're pretty steamed for once

****, Chorus Kids can only imagine how relevancy like K.Rool's taste, and K.Rool trophy outright calls him the big bad of DK

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
People don't see Sheik as a Zelda character but as a Smash character, the same applies to Ice Climbers really, people love the long lasting character in Smash bros, why remove the fan favourite character that's whole identity is pretty much Smash?

That's what DLC rosters are for
that 1 zelda game is also one of if not THE biggest. And that one-off character just so happens to be an extremely popular 3 time veteran with a fully unique moveset. Plus she managed to wind up in Hyrule Warriors didnt she?

but hey opinions I guess.
I don't make choices based on fan demand. If fan demand were important we'd start including characters like Goku and Shadow. I make choices based on importance and representative value. ICs have representative value as they represent the wide range of NES IPs. Sheik does not.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't make choices based on fan demand. If fan demand were important we'd start including characters like Goku and Shadow. I make choices based on importance and representative value. ICs have representative value as they represent the wide range of NES IPs. Sheik does not.
No.
Ice Climbers represent ONE IP of the NES and their 2 Smash appearances.
:4rob: at least represents Gyromite & Stack-Em.
Sheik represents the most unanimously praised Zelda title alongside LttP and was brought back to the cross fic of the Zeldaverse ONTOP OF now 3 Smash appearances.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Except here's the thing. Characters like Goku and Shadow aren't playable. Sheik has been in all but one Smash game and two stupidly popular Zelda games

No reason for hyperbole there mate. One can easily take fan demand and counterbalance it with importance.

Hence why Pit was added in Brawl.
or sonic.

and more.

godangit ninjas again. . . dang it Burruni

Burruni

Smash Hero
No reason for hyperbole there mate. One can easily take fan demand and counterbalance it with importance.

Hence why Pit was added in Brawl.
or sonic.

and more.

godangit ninjas again. . . dang it Burruni
A shop keep never misses a beat.

.....Now I want to commision an Anna version of Annie.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Discussions like these remind me of before the ballot, when consensus was "character popularity doesn't matter to Sakurai" and people thought they were being smart by putting that as their signature, as if begging to be proven crushingly wrong. Maybe "mental contortion" is a good term for the next level up from "mental gymnastics."
That's a tad harsh, don't ya think?

But they were all added for reasons that weren't we need a historical retro.

I.__. You know that's not going to happen ever.
Like Jumpman?

Then why hasn't it happened already?

K.Rool and Ridley have been popular for a long time.

Why did Ganon not gain their popularity already?

He's been apearing here and there.

Just because a character is a villain doesn't mean instant popularity.

Besides, most people are satisfied with Ganondorf anyways.

I
Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are considered some of the best FEs ever made.

They flopped.

Wonderful 101 is universally loved.

It flopped.

Quality =/= sales.

That's some backwards logic.

What if they just didn't end up liking the idea? What if they get an idea they like more?

Blue, forgive me for becoming an old meiser with this but...

No you won't.

You just don't like them. You've made that clear multiple times.

This has absolutely no basis and is going against what is being said in plain Japanese.

There is literally nothing proving this.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bkupa is here, expect his infamous Brash the Bear argument regarding unexpected Smash newcomers. :p
I'm in more of a Hypothetical Shrek mood tonight, actually. Dreamworks' CEO could tweet that they'd be "okay" with Shrek as DLC and that they've "worked with Nintendo before" on titles like Shrek Super Slam and Shrek Swamp Kart?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
It's very hard to speak hypothetically in Smash 5, I give up discussion. It was suppose to be fun, now it just got a bit out of hand. :/

Though the main thing here is that he wasn't playable in Smash 4 right, you know what I mean by irrelevant here. By irrelevant, not appearing consistently as the main villain for the recently released main games, that's what Sakurai said in an interview regarding how he chose newcomers for Smash 4, he rarely picks characters who have no probable future.

Bowser Jr. has consistently been in the main NSMB games for a long time, now he's a playable character. Rosalina has appeared in two main Mario games that had large critical and financial success, and has become a recurring mainline Mario character since then. K. Rool hasn't been either of that yet.

If consistently becomes the main villain for future main games that happen to be successful, then I see definitely him happening, but that game hasn't happened yet, and based on the trends with new villains in the Returns games, it's easy to see why Sakurai didn't add K. Rool in the base game.

All of your arguments aren't valid here as you're going by the "Could happen" logic.
Except this is the company that refuses to release Mother 3 and somehow ****ed up with amiibo even more after saying "We'll try to make more"
Could happen logic that has valuable reasons behind it.
It's like predicting the weather if you know the main elements behind it and how it works.

Last edited:
Besides, most people are satisfied with Ganondorf anyways.

define satisfied. Falcondorf haters are coming

Even if Im fine with him
Wonderful 101 is universally loved.

It flopped.
*cries*
It's very hard to speak hypothetically in Smash 5, I give up discussion. It was suppose to be fun, now it just got a bit out of hand. :/

Though the main thing here is that he wasn't playable in Smash 4 right, you know what I mean by irrelevant here. By irrelevant, not appearing consistently as the main villain for the recently released main games, that's what Sakurai said in an interview regarding how he chose newcomers for Smash 4, he rarely picks characters who have no probable future.

Bowser Jr. has consistently been in the main NSMB games for a long time, now he's a playable character. Rosalina has appeared in two main Mario games that had large critical and financial success, and has become a recurring mainline Mario character since then. K. Rool hasn't been either of that yet.

If consistently becomes the main villain for future main games that happen to be successful, then I see definitely him happening, but that game hasn't happened yet, and based on the trends with new villains in the Returns games, it's easy to see why Sakurai didn't add K. Rool in the base game.

It's like predicting the weather if you know the main elements behind it.
saying K rool has no probable future is. . .illogical. I guarantee K rool will be back. the trophy description even calls K rool dk's rival. . .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is why I don't make rosters anymore.

I'm not even going to attempt to predict what will or will not happen in the distant future since that'll do nothing but bite me in the ass, and I've come to realize that just because something is logical to me doesn't mean it's going to make sense to everyone else.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm in more of a Hypothetical Shrek mood tonight, actually. Dreamworks' CEO could tweet that they'd be "okay" with Shrek as DLC and that they've "worked with Nintendo before" on titles like Shrek Super Slam and Shrek Swamp Kart?
You, a Rare lover, are mocking the Banjo stuff? Damn
That's a tad harsh, don't ya think?
K.Rool's harsh when he's in a good mood
It's like predicting the weather if you know the main elements behind it and how it works.
Ridley could be DLC as Sakurai's statement has flaws. Counter that. Honestly Blue, I can see you rushing to a nursery when someone says "One plus one is two" yelling "IT COULD BE MINUS ONE!"

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Blue. "No probable future," being the key words here.

Once again, King K. has missed a total of 3 games as the antagonist with I believe a dozen where he is there as the big bad. He has RAVING popularity to be brought back. He HAS a probable future. Enough so that his army was chosen to be brought into Smash Run alongside the tikis.

Dixie Kong wasn't put into the main roster despite having JUST been in a main game and being a highlight of it. Is it because she has no probable future?

There's a general lack of DK material in Smash, and THAT is more of a factor for his exclusion than "no probable future."
Sakurai stated that he wasn't going to make an Uprising 2, yet :4palutena: and all of her "probable future" got in.

:4shulk: isn't going to be in Xenoblade X and likely any other Xenoblade title.

What "probable future" is there for Bayonetta? A game that STRUGGLED to get a second game and only got one because the only console that the original game didn't come out on extended a hand.

Blue, you're making excuses for excluding one of the most likely characters off of the grounds of "Muh recency," not even relevancy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom