• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually we'll just get one. Kamui

Illusionary #FE will get a rep though.
:4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina: could all be on the chopping block by then though... Something I wouldn't like to see happening, even if Kamui is cool.

At the very least, stay the F away from :4myfriends:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Man, people during prerelease were so quick to call cuts that didn't happen because of "relevance" or them just flat out not liking a character.

Those are never accurate ways to predict cuts.

So long as a future dev doesn't take the series in a wildly different direction, I can easily see characters like ROB, Game and Watch, and Ike sticking around next time.

Burruni

Smash Hero
:4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina: could all be on the chopping block by then though... Something I wouldn't like to see happening, even if Kamui is cool.

At the very least, stay the F away from :4myfriends:
Lucina, more than anyone. Robin represents the MyUnit and stands as holding the weapon durability mechanic with the MagiKnight kind of movese and Ike remains as the second most important protagonist in FE history with two Smash games as veteranship. Unlike :popo::icsmelee:, there won't be technical limitations that keep a two-time veteran out from returning.

Remember when Chrom was going to replace Ike?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lucina, more than anyone. Robin represents the MyUnit and stands as holding the weapon durability mechanic with the MagiKnight kind of movese and Ike remains as the second most important protagonist in FE history with two Smash games as veteranship. Unlike :popo::icsmelee:, there won't be technical limitations that keep a two-time veteran out from returning.

Remember when Chrom was going to replace Ike?
In fact, in all honesty, I think Robin representing My Unit would basically keep Kamui from getting in except as a costume of Robin maybe. I know they don't play the same, but if Kamui is customizable more then it doesn't matter.

Aqua or Anna, on the other hand... if Anna has the same role as last time, she'd be a prime candidate, and Aqua could also represent the Dancer class from past titles, but use a Lance as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ok, can someone tell me why Zazz of all Sonic characters is playable in Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Games playable?

I don't hate the Deadly Six like a majority of the Sonic fanbase, but I find his inclusion overall odd.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok, can someone tell me why Zazz of all Sonic characters is playable in Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Games playable?

I don't hate the Deadly Six like a majority of the Sonic fanbase, but I find his inclusion overall odd.
Probably a rival to a Mario character that's rather similar, Jet and Diddy might be rivals while Nabbit and Rouge are obviously rivals

Burruni

Smash Hero

Because they don't want to completely lose the worth of any of the artistic resources from Lost World but after how very polarizing that title was it is very unlikely they'll be bringing much of anythin back outside of spin-offs.

Edit: Is it that much odder than Silver being a retained character?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Probably a rival to a Mario character that's rather similar, Jet and Diddy might be rivals while Nabbit and Rouge are obviously rivals
Uh, this time, sorry, no, I don't think they're rivals, I'm pretty sure they're all playable. There's no reason to add new characters and make them rivals.

Zazz, however, might've been included to replace the rivals that promoted to playable.

We don't actually know if he's playable. He might've been included so they could just rip assets from Sonic Lost World and have an easy new character to include, though. Frankly, if he actually is playable, I think we've probably got 12 new characters in the game (to make up for the lack of new characters in the past two titles). The issue is, if they included Zazz of all characters, Omega and Eggman Nega are most likely rivals promoted to playable, and they tend to keep it even on both sides, so they'd have to add one additional Sonic character as well (perhaps Espio) to even it out, then Mario gets a lot more to match.

We still don't know if Zazz is actually playable. Odds are that the other four are definitely playable, though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Uh, this time, sorry, no, I don't think they're rivals, I'm pretty sure they're all playable. There's no reason to add new characters and make them rivals.

Zazz, however, might've been included to replace the rivals that promoted to playable.

We don't actually know if he's playable. He might've been included so they could just rip assets from Sonic Lost World and have an easy new character to include, though. Frankly, if he actually is playable, I think we've probably got 12 new characters in the game (to make up for the lack of new characters in the past two titles). The issue is, if they included Zazz of all characters, Omega and Eggman Nega are most likely rivals promoted to playable, and they tend to keep it even on both sides, so they'd have to add one additional Sonic character as well (perhaps Espio) to even it out, then Mario gets a lot more to match.

We still don't know if Zazz is actually playable. Odds are that the other four are definitely playable, though.
With 'Rivals' I meant Mario and Sonic, either Tails or Shadow and Luigi, etc. characters with similar character traits

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With 'Rivals' I meant Mario and Sonic, either Tails or Shadow and Luigi, etc. characters with similar character traits
Oh, right. My bad.

Zazz kinda reminds me of waluigi, is that weird?
You and everyone else. That's what basically everyone in the Sonic fanbase has brought up. His codename before we knew his name was "Waluigi." Hell, maybe that's the reason why they included him. He's just as crazy looking as Waluigi, so they felt he'd be a good fit. (He's also the first one fought in the game.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You and everyone else. That's what basically everyone in the Sonic fanbase has brought up. His codename before we knew his name was "Waluigi." Hell, maybe that's the reason why they included him. He's just as crazy looking as Waluigi, so they felt he'd be a good fit. (He's also the first one fought in the game.)
inb4 Zazz gets a slot in smash and Waluigi still isn't playable

MainJPW

M.T.A
Huh, I wasn't actually aware of that, the comparison literally just came to my mind a few minutes ago. I'd imagine members on SSMB were the ones that brought it up, huh?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Huh, I wasn't actually aware of that, the comparison literally just came to my mind a few minutes ago. I'd imagine members on SSMB were the ones that brought it up, huh?
I heard it all the time leading up to his official name being given. Yeah on SSMB.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Pit and Ridley's original designs also come to mind
But Pit's always been a dork and Ridley... really just changed color and gave his old head to Birdo... kinda stretched out more.

Marth is kinda synonymous as beiing the "pretty boy" for Fire Emblem and Smash. DAT CHIN and other things just really.... seem so odd.

Edit: I'm just gonna throw this out there... the next Metroid game having a bodyshape that is the original but with some modifications (namely the head), I feel like it may be the "Fighter-Friendly" build that the purple space dragon kinda needs.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
But Pit's always been a dork and Ridley... really just changed color and gave his old head to Birdo... kinda stretched out more.

Marth is kinda synonymous as beiing the "pretty boy" for Fire Emblem and Smash. DAT CHIN and other things just really.... seem so odd.

Edit: I'm just gonna throw this out there... the next Metroid game having a design that is the original but with some modifications (namely the head), I feel like it may be the "Fighter-Friendly" build that the purple space dragon kinda needs.

Something tells me nobody is going to like this design of Ridley.
Everyone just remember. Things can get better. This is the original art for Marth.

He looks like he jumped right out of The Legend of Zelda cartoons.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

I think he's actually a boss like Dry Bowser and Birdo from the previous games. Also Boom Boom and Egg Pawn are technically playable in rugby.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The only FE character that I would really want other than Roy is Lyn but seeing as she's an AT, I don't have much faith in Nintendo making her DLC. Besides, the Smash community is already livid with the idea of having 5 FE reps in the game so I doubt Sakurai would add another FE rep.

StormC

Smash Hero
Robin and Ike being in If should be more than enough to immortalize the characters for 5mash.

To be honest i actually prefer the original concept for palutena over the current one.. . .

This is fantastic. Seconding the DLC alt costume request.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The day Ike is cut is the day I stop being a Smash Bros fan lol. And, look at how good Ike looks in FE IF!View attachment 54270
If only these specific Amiibo were restocked in the future.

Now that I think of it, it's as if the developers REALLY want to fuel the shippers' interests by giving Kamui the option of "interacting" with these Fire Emblem Smash icons. :troll:

StormC

Smash Hero
And so is the rest of SSB4's cast arguably, by this principle.
Yes? I'm just pointing out that people are quick to jump the gun on cutting characters from series like Fire Emblem and Pokemon due to perceived relevance, even when those characters continue to make appearances in future games.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm, so diddy,birdo,rouge, zazz, jet, and nabbit, I agree with the person saying we need more characters, in the Vancouver winter games we got Bowser jr, DK, Vector and Silver if im correct, if thats the pattern we should've had 8 more characters by now but we didn't, I think rosalina is a shoo in since Nintendo is pushing her, I dunno about others

anyway heres some impossible characters artix, meatboy, shrek, goku, spongebob, naruto etc. etc.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
On the subject of Kamui...I kinda doubt we'll see him/her. I can't see Sakurai prioritizing another Fire Emblem character as DLC when we already have Roy coming up, and by the time Smash 5 rolls out, Fire Emblem If will be old news. It'll be in the same "not represented with a playable character" bin with FE2, 4, 5, 7, and 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom